Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
xxxx
gokuball
calvinball
View Results

• Locked thread
ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

well the center panels

http://sfist.com/2014/06/07/calvin_hobbes_creator_bill_watterso.php

god dammit i didn't mean to shitpost tag for once in my gay dead life

ziasquinn fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jun 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

he made a comic before Calvin. To lazy to look it up

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
well i mean he made these recently and the pearls before swine dude couldn't reveal it until all three comcis were done

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

well i mean he made these recently and the pearls before swine dude couldn't reveal it until all three comcis were done

I know. It was fun to see!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
nice

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
calvin

calvin peed on everything\

shameful nigga

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i saw these in the political cartoon thread where someone claimed that some earlier pbs strip was a rape joke

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Lowtax posted:

calvin

shameful nigga

seriously man. make a thread. or stop following me around

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Lowtax posted:

calvin

shameful nigga

*pushes up horned rim glasses* those were unlicensed copies!!!!!

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
here comes the hamburglar !!!

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Raineko
Mar 12, 2012

most dope

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

The OP article is a pretty charming story with some links for more details. Apparently Pastis and Watterson are good pals and Pastis helped Bill with some stuff.

This was my favorite part:

quote:

Pastis has more details about how they worked together on his website, " I found out that Bill Watterson is not comfortable with scanners or Photoshop or large email attachments. In fact, by the end of the process, I was left with the distinct impression that he works in a log cabin lit by whale oil and hands his finished artwork to a man on a pony."

Please come back, Bill. It doesn't have to be strips. It can be whatever medium you want. Just share your lovely art with us. :cry:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I like the mouse jumped in shock in the second comic. Totally old school poo poo right there.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Spacedad posted:

The OP article is a pretty charming story with some links for more details. Apparently Pastis and Watterson are good pals and Pastis helped Bill with some stuff.

This was my favorite part:

Please come back, Bill. It doesn't have to be strips. It can be whatever medium you want. Just share your lovely art with us. :cry:

I was gonna say he's retired, but you only want his art.
Me too. I want more Dinosaurs flying planes!

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

I was gonna say he's retired, but you only want his art.
Me too. I want more Dinosaurs flying planes!

I don't want him to have to worry about deadlines or liscencing or whatever else bullshit. I'd just love if he could make art that he enjoys doing and share it with people. Just because.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Spacedad posted:

I don't want him to have to worry about deadlines or liscencing or whatever else bullshit. I'd just love if he could make art that he enjoys doing and share it with people. Just because.

right with you man.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I just want him to draw more dinosaurs in jet planes!

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

make more things for me bill. waah i need your artwork how dare you retire and enjoy your life

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

bunky posted:

make more things for me bill. waah i need your artwork how dare you retire and enjoy your life

I am very happy for him. Would I like to see more of his art(Dinosaurs in jet planes)? Sure. But if he's done he's done.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

What's wrong with him doing art for fun and sharing. He basically did that here, and I hope he enjoyed himself enough to do more.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Anybody with a Heathers reference for a name can use the poo poo Post tag with impunity.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Lowtax posted:

calvin

shameful nigga

reported for using the n-word

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lol because calvin and hobbes was a comic about a boy and his imaginary friend so you would not expect them to be an action movie duo very good

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Fozzy The Bear posted:

reported for using the n-word

you didnt actually report him you pussy

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
found this on the relevant and popular web 2.0 site IMGUR:

"My friend and her mural she just painted for a newborn's nursery."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU