Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Facing life’s dangers through “Breaking Bad”

quote:

Today’s teenagers are more likely to follow a rule that says ‘’If you do this, then….” than a rule which simply says “don’t do this.” So, in this case, watching “Breaking Bad” is like taking life lessons from con men…extremely effective.

#Whitegirlproblems #Icanteven

quote:

It’s unfair and inaccurate to group all white teenage girls under one label. Starbucks is not only enjoyed by teenage white girls, but people of all ages, races and genders, (along with the white iPhone 5). I don’t understand why it’s so casual to mock a white female for buying LuLuLemon or Uggs. They are both great products, and I shouldn’t have to feel like I’m falling under a stereotype just by purchasing one of them or choosing not to.

Backseat Trashcan: Elephant in the Room

quote:

So now we are left with six Republican candidates. I have given each candidate a special nickname and my own personal opinion of them.

Mitt Romney - Velvet Thunder

Macklemore Lookalike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
This is good poo poo and hard hitting.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

N. Senada posted:

This is good poo poo and hard hitting.

The Way Of The Hipster

quote:

In today’s society, humans are creatures of survival, and the best way to survive is to join the masses and live in the same hive mind and have no real thought process. People like hipsters have proven that you can not only survive, but thrive, in this world despite not being part of the mainstream. It gives hope to people who may find themselves not fitting into the bigger crowd, and sets a precedent for innovative success everywhere.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I honestly don't understand why we encourage teens to write or offer up opinions about anything. Their brains don't work yet. They should be meek and grateful that we don't preemptively lock all of them up until they're 25.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
this thread hurts my soul

ow

Subliminal Sauce
Apr 6, 2010

Spreading freedom and spreading it thick; that's just a thing us right-wing nutjobs do!
best bud with the page three editor; i gots the connection to mkae u popular :smug:

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Opinions - It's Nothing Personal

quote:

There’s a girl who picks on me almost every day. I know it’s very elementary school to say that but she does. She’s just a mean-hearted girl. (She doesn’t go to our school FYI; she’s a girl I know who goes to a private school.)
Anyway, I can always count on a comment from her whether it’s after school or any time she sees me on the weekend. She’ll say things about my clothes or my hair or makeup. sometimes she’ll say something about my weight.
“Your hair looks really ratty.”
“You’re wearing too much makeup.”
“Your butt is eating up your shorts; you need a bigger size.”
Those are some of the things I hear from her regularly.
But no matter what this creature says to me, I never take it personally.
I don’t know why she’s so cold to me, but I don’t really care. She probably had a cruddy past or she’s going through a tough time right now. I don’t know. But I’m just the lucky girl she’s chosen to be her punching bag.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

Shortly after two boys at my highschool died from racing, a school newspaper was released that had a picture on the cover of a car crash with a video game HUD and the words "GAME OVER" on it. loving classy.

I should point out that this was not a coincidence but a direct response to the deaths.

Action Yak fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jun 8, 2014

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
Still 100x better than capitalist 'newspapers' :eng101:

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I got banned from writing for/being mentioned in my High School Newspaper because I wrote that an exchange student called the Principal's facial hair pubic hair.

DeKalb
May 30, 2007

Hecho en West Germany
Love, GP
My high school newspaper sucked.
There was one issue that supposedly got people (probably one parent that called to complain) really angry and after that the newspaper got extra watered down. The one thing I remember from it is "My name is ____ from I Da Ho."

Right after TSA started operating a girl wrote an article about how because she was a young white girl from the suburbs she shouldn't be screened as thoroughly. A choice quote from that was "Li'l old me from (very diverse suburb), getting patted down like I did something wrong!" I didn't travel very much then, and I couldn't care less what I had to do to get on a plane, but even then her entitled attitude pissed me off. Considering where I am now in life, it pisses me off even more.

We had a point/counterpoint column, and one time the subject was gay marriage. The principal decided that was too controversial and wouldn't allow it to run. So in protest they ran the column the same way it usually looks, only completely blank. Being high school kids, you would have thought they would have found a better and more fun way to protest. But no.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
mine was a liberal rag. But it was about bullshit

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
I was the head editor of my college newspaper for two years. It was a paid position :)

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

kill everyone, tia

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
I wrote for my school newspaper and had a good time. I made some friends and won some awards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

quote:

due to the recent discovery of a "glory hole" in the bathroom near the auditorium the doors will be locked until repairs can be completed

• Locked thread