Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Kuiperdolin posted:

False flag operation Wake up sheeple.

Have you ever asked yourself why water/salt/toothpaste are flouridated?
I will not allow liberals, hippies, and the goddamn eurocommie NEW WORLD ORDER to sap and impurify all my bodily fluids :byodood:

(someone unironically posted flouridation bullshit on my facebook)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
I once heard some anti-fluoridation rhetoric from an employee of the local water services. Guy had degrees & poo poo

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I've seen anti-fluoridation bumper stickers on a disturbingly frequent basis in my current city. I've also seen a couple of Facebook posts show up in my feed... I tend to treat those kinds of people with a Safari Rules policy unless they're talking about an issue that affects me directly.

Be Depressive
Jul 8, 2006
"The drawings of the girls are badly proportioned and borderline pedo material. But"
The more plausible theory is that fluoridation started as a means of relabeling a toxic byproduct of aluminum as a product for consumption. Similar things are done with raw sewage being reused as fertilizer. It's definitely toxic at high levels but the amount in tapwater is very small. In general the USA has some of the best tapwater in the world.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Be Depressive posted:

The more plausible theory is that fluoridation started as a means of relabeling a toxic byproduct of aluminum as a product for consumption. Similar things are done with raw sewage being reused as fertilizer. It's definitely toxic at high levels but the amount in tapwater is very small. In general the USA has some of the best tapwater in the world.

"It's toxic at high concentrations" is the most pointless argument ever made.
Anything is toxic in large amounts, even table salt, ~natural vitamin supplement~ pills, or water.

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 08:33 on May 27, 2014

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
It's something of a distraction, too, since fluoride levels are subject to routine monitoring and fluoridation's only undertaken when natural levels are below the target range.

Zhentar
Sep 28, 2003

Brilliant Master Genius

Be Depressive posted:

Similar things are done with raw sewage being reused as fertilizer.

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at here, but raw sewage isn't used as fertilizer in first world countries. And the use of decomposed sewage as fertilizer is hardly a modern venture and has been done for millennia.

murphyslaw
Feb 16, 2007
It never fails
For those of you just dying to lay some sick burns on a SJW but can't be arsed to actually write words to do it, here's a handy .gif courtesy of the gamers.txt thread:

Alternatively:

For those of you just dying to lay some suck burns on some rear end in a top hat going off on a stupid tangent on how "SJW's ruin everything" but can't be arsed to actually write words to do it, here's a handy... you get the idea.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

murphyslaw posted:

For those of you just dying to lay some sick burns on a SJW but can't be arsed to actually write words to do it, here's a handy .gif courtesy of the gamers.txt thread:

Alternatively:

For those of you just dying to lay some suck burns on some rear end in a top hat going off on a stupid tangent on how "SJW's ruin everything" but can't be arsed to actually write words to do it, here's a handy... you get the idea.

The person who made this .gif missed out on an opportunity by not having it be Riley.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Has anyone ever found out who or what Riley really is? Not that I want to see anyone doxxed or anything like that, but surely someone knows whether or not Riley is really a black transwoman or whatever she's claiming she is. I do know that she used to post on Livejournal about how black people were ruining anime for her, going so far as to call them the n-word and all that poo poo.

poo poo, is Riley even around anymore? I don't use tumblr.

Edited to add:

I still think this backlash against tumblr/social justice whatevers is kind of silly and dumb. I'm not convinced that the vast majority of them weren't either trolls or just silly harmless kids.

Blue Star fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jun 8, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Riley is the result of a sophisticated algorithm to produce the biggest strawman against minority rights possible.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

Blue Star posted:

Has anyone ever found out who or what Riley really is? Not that I want to see anyone doxxed or anything like that, but surely someone knows whether or not Riley is really a black transwoman or whatever she's claiming she is. I do know that she used to post on Livejournal about how black people were ruining anime for her, going so far as to call them the n-word and all that poo poo.

poo poo, is Riley even around anymore? I don't use tumblr.

Edited to add:

I still think this backlash against tumblr/social justice whatevers is kind of silly and dumb. I'm not convinced that the vast majority of them weren't either trolls or just silly harmless kids.

I was on the LJ community bad_rpers_suck when they would go on massive tirades at people. The sad part is, a lot of folks bought into them. But they got more and more extreme, and people started digging.

I don't think I've ever heard that they're a transwoman, but they do prefer the pronoun 'they'.

I do recall some bloggers finding out about them, but what a piece of work...

Aerofallosov fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jun 22, 2014

Long Francesco
Jun 3, 2005

This is the end result of raising a child where everyone gets a trophy for just showing up, raising them to believe everyone's a winner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TerryLennox
Oct 12, 2009

There is nothing tougher than a tough Mexican, just as there is nothing gentler than a gentle Mexican, nothing more honest than an honest Mexican, and above all nothing sadder than a sad Mexican. -R. Chandler.

say no to bats posted:

They also tend to look like this:

Some of the forums biggest SJW heroes have turned out to be depraved freaks who immediately vanished forever after being discovered. Its why people have a hard time tolerating their bullshit because Tumblr and homegrown examples here have often proven themselves to be gigantic hypocrites who are not actually concerned about issues of import but just narcissistic trolls.

Take disgraced former mod/poster Eggplant Wizard. She spent years crusading for SJW causes in a very vocal, public and shrill fashion, then it turns out she was a prolific self-published author of dozens and dozens of hardcore, explicit and disgusting rape, incest and rapecest erotica that directly contradicted that phony public persona she put on. She's far from the only loud and obvious SJW here or on Tumblr who has turned out to be a nutcase in reality. :shrug:

What the gently caress? When did this go down? I used to think the world of her.

• Locked thread