Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Yomofo posted:

I live on a golf course but refuse to pay $120 a round so I bought 3 LED golf balls for $45. Now I can play for free every night and bring my own beer

You, sir, are a hero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Luvcow posted:

Sadly, video games are the new tennis for narcissistic sociopaths :(

Also I support this thread now being about Maria sharapova

you know putin has been all up in that

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Idiot Kicker posted:

you know putin has been all up in that

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
putin is the strangest propaganda

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
checking in from 18 tee box. Some poors using groupon got Sunday afternoon tee times and our member foursome round round is looking like 4:30 :(.

it's all good though, having some beers, gambling with friends, having a good time

Play golf, it owns

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

putin is the strangest propaganda

impress the world with a dad body, that's nowhere compelling as pavel petel

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

jackyl posted:

Play golf, it owns

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 631 days!

naem posted:

"A good walk, ruined"

-Mark twan

Thread pretty much ended here. Not sure what ppl are doing now?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Pobama posted:

Thread pretty much ended here. Not sure what ppl are doing now?

because some retard from the 17th centenary lost his ball. Just drop another one and take the penalty stroke.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
golf is boring and gay and really popular in the midwest which is not coincidentally also boring and gay

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

rezatahs posted:

golf is boring and gay and really popular in the midwest which is not coincidentally also boring and gay

no, its fun. sorry you live in a mid-west shithole

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

jackyl posted:

checking in from 18 tee box. Some poors using groupon got Sunday afternoon tee times and our member foursome round round is looking like 4:30 :(.

it's all good though, having some beers, gambling with friends, having a good time

Play golf, it owns

Did you see those sick clips on sportscenter last night, bro?

Jesus Christ posted:

golf is gayer than 10 gay men putting 20 gay dicks in your gaping anus

Stentorian Hoot
Jun 14, 2001

Couldn't get it up...
disc golf is p. cool though

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
The only good things about golf:
- the last 3 holes of a championship tournament
- video game golf is okay

I got to visit a Golf Channel production trailer once and the contrast is funny between how calm it looks on TV and how stressed they get in the trailer

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

If you're a woman and you golf you are a Lesbian or at least extremely bi-curious.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I birdied 18, it was a good finish. Slightly pull hooked my drive into the right rough and didn't have a good go for the green shot, so I hit 6 iron to just short of the water and had 83 left to the pin. A nice three quarter gap wedge left me a four foot uphill right breaker which I made.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

jackyl posted:

I birdied 18, it was a good finish. Slightly pull hooked my drive into the right rough and didn't have a good go for the green shot, so I hit 6 iron to just short of the water and had 83 left to the pin. A nice three quarter gap wedge left me a four foot uphill right breaker which I made.

You are a way better player than I could ever hope to be!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

Cuz he's richer than you.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

no I just had a good hole, I'm not an internet posting golfer that hits my driver 350 on a bad day

it was a 530 par five with a down hill tee shot and uphill seconds. There's no chance of me hitting the green unless I hit a 250+ drive which happens like once every three rounds

so really I hit a 230 yard drive then and 160 yard shot that cut part of the distance off because of the angle I took

I only had two birdies on the day and the first was draining a stupid 50 foot putt

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Cuz he's richer than you.

I think Jackly is a she. But yeah, she's probably richer than me

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Golf seems like a really good, enjoyable sport to play with your friends once you're too old and frail to have fun playing something interesting like basketball, or football, or even softball. That soccer game with the giant inflatable ball things you wear looks sick as hell too. I'm sure I'll start playing golf once my knees give out though.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

I think Jackly is a she. But yeah, she's probably richer than me

Probably? lol, he can shoot birdies!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

jackyl posted:

no I just had a good hole, I'm not an internet posting golfer that hits my driver 350 on a bad day

it was a 500 par five with a down hill tee shot and uphill seconds. There's no chance of me hitting the green unless I hit a 250+ drive which happens like once every three rounds

so really I hit a 230 yard drive then and 160 yard shot that cut part of the distance off because of the able I took

I only had two birdies on the day

only two? and you don't think you are better at golf then me? I only ever got one par. and that was an accident.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I'm a he you fucker but I'm just honest about my distances

also nobody in our foursome was fat to answer some earlier post

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hobohemian posted:

Golf seems like a really good, enjoyable sport to play with your friends once you're too old and frail to have fun playing something interesting like basketball, or football, or even softball. That soccer game with the giant inflatable ball things you wear looks sick as hell too. I'm sure I'll start playing golf once my knees give out though.

It's always old white dudes at the gold course for some reason.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

jackyl posted:

I'm a he you fucker but I'm just honest about my distances

also nobody in our foursome was fat to answer some earlier post

your not a girl? now I'm really confused!

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

your not a girl? now I'm really confused!

born a guy still a guy and married to a girl that plays golf and isn't a fat

I'm an oppressed minority on the forums

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
whatever. Golf is fun

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

quote:

The Birth of 18 Whiskey Shots

There is a tall tale, although I’ve played golf in Scotland so I believe it to be true, that when deciding how many holes would complete a round of golf it merely took a fifth of whiskey and a shot glass. To polish off the fifth, it required the consumption of 18 shots. So why not 18 holes? Thus, the relationship of golf and drinking began as well as the 18 holes of golf we are accustomed to playing.

Bullshit or not that's a cool backstory

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
also I played Valhalla a few weeks ago, that's a course that requires you to walk and have a caddy

it was cool and fun, plus I am going to be a hole marshal there at the PGA this year so that will be cool and fun too

I birdied 13 where Sergio bogeyed and we win the Ryder cup, that was hybrid plus gap wedge and a 15 foot putt

E: i teed of from like 30 yards in front of where the Ryder cup tees were, it was probably 3 wood from there since it was a big down hill shot and I think the pros were hitting 5 or 6 but I still loving birdied it

let it mellow fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jun 9, 2014

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
Edit is not post

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Your a golf guy. Whats the name of that place in scotland where the wind is crazy?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

Your a golf guy. Whats the name of that place in scotland where the wind is crazy?

every single course,but you're probably think of St. Andrews with the road hole

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

jackyl posted:

every single course,but you're probably think of St. Andrews with the road hole

Thank you. I knew it was a saint, but, I couldn't remember his name

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

jackyl posted:

Edit is not post

How big id ur dick?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Darth123123 posted:

How big id ur dick?

depends if you ask me or a ruler

E: my wife thinks all our tape measures are stretched like in Groverhaus because there no way that's really 6 inches

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm going to make an effort to play golf and tennis next week. I've been on call and working too much for the man.

Very good thread, it is making my life better.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Arian_Samurai posted:

I'm going to make an effort to play golf and tennis next week. I've been on call and working too much for the man.

Very good thread, it is making my life better.

good luck dude. Both are fun

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
tennis is good too, I'm a 4.0 and was a 4.5 back in the 90s when I got paid to play tennis for an NAIA school, so that was cool and good

I like golf better now, but I started playing a Usta league this year after a 16 year tennis hiatus

basically you should play both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

My team of 4 scrambled and got 8 over par (lol).

Worst score in our 8 team scramble tourney.

Had fun though and got in some really amazing chips.

• Locked thread