Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Chase?
This poll is closed.
Augh 46 32.39%
gently caress 96 67.61%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Agreed, where's Coors OG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

CBJSprague24 posted:

I understand the logic, but that's one of the biggest chokes I've seen in NASCAR in a while.

Yes lets use a car that is purposefully slowing down and out of the line (even though it was Danica, other drivers would've done it) to let you two through as a car to get debris off. Perfectly sensible.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Hey, come back to #nascar. Dirt modifieds on NBCSN.

e- These are late models.

Hey, I won a week in Fantasy! :D

I LOST a spot in the full-season standings, somehow. :smith:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 8, 2014

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Suck poo poo, Junior haters :smug:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

kidcoelacanth posted:

Suck poo poo, Junior haters :smug:

this is gonna be loving hilarious come november

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Joon is having his strongest season in 10 years. He well could do it.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Junior winning the championship would be the bee's knees, in this goon's humble opinion.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Went and saw Malificent instead of the race. It should have called Stockholm Syndrome, but that's not the point. Is this race worth watching on reair?

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Went and saw Malificent instead of the race. It should have called Stockholm Syndrome, but that's not the point. Is this race worth watching on reair?

Watch the restarts and the final couple laps for Kes throwing it away. This track suffers from the increased aero dependency since the track surface is barely aged and it's low banked with high speeds. Michigan will provide better racing but just by a hair.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
No. This race could have cured insomnia. But you should watch the F1 race.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Joon is having his strongest season in 10 years. He well could do it.

lol, in a year when the season is irrelevant and only the last race matters

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

L_Harrison posted:

But you should watch the F1 race.

Word. The F1 race was incredible.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

VikingSkull posted:

lol, in a year when the season is irrelevant and only the last race matters

Well, literally anyone who has a win could, so I guess? This is a really bad points system.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

I love you, Junebug, I really do.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Joon is really, really good at Twitter, somehow.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 14 days!)

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Joon is really, really good at Twitter, somehow.

Inversely proportional to how good of a driver he is. Can't wait for Derrike Cope's twitter.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Junyer's Twitter, Best Twitter.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

please stop making me a fan of dale jr., it's not what i want at all

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Cannot Find Server posted:

please stop making me a fan of dale jr., it's not what i want at all

:unsmigghh: :getin: :unsmigghh:

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

I'm impressed with 10 to go, and I guess it gets good after that.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Jr. really is a super likeable guy

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Are you talking about the whole thing? Because all I saw was "wounded car of the manufacturer that's won all the races this year loses lead to Infiniti, then a big wreck on the last lap".

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CBJSprague24 posted:

Are you talking about the whole thing? Because all I saw was "wounded car of the manufacturer that's won all the races this year loses lead to Infiniti, then a big wreck on the last lap".

There were 4 cars under a blanket for the lead for the entire last 10 or so laps and all kinds of awesome passes and ballsy moves and it owned owned owned.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I should start posting about ovals in the Indy thread because that's slightly less annoying than F1 chat in the NASCAR thread.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

VikingSkull posted:

I should start posting about ovals in the Indy thread because that's slightly less annoying than F1 chat in the NASCAR thread.

Please don't.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
haha, see?

We get it, they had one good race in a wet fart of a season. Good on them. Tell the F1 thread how much you liked it.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

My files for the OP are a bit messed up right now btw, so either someone else can start a new thread for summer or we can keep this one til the Chase.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I can do a new OP if you guys want. It won't have fancy graphics or anything, but it'll be an effortpost. Up to the people.

Also, somebody almost wrecked the pace car today while taking VIPs on a hot lap. You'll never guess who it was.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/blogs/Off-Track/nascar-sprint-cup-danica-patrick-jonah-hill-channing-tatum-22-jump-street-pocono.html

VikingSkull posted:

I only brought it up because I didn't want to venture into The Worst Thread.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

I can do a new OP if you guys want. It won't have fancy graphics or anything, but it'll be an effortpost. Up to the people.

Yeah go for it, effortposting ain't in my wheelhouse right now.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

CBJSprague24 posted:

I only brought it up because I didn't want to venture into The Worst Thread.

It's all good, that's an understandable reason. I just loving hate F1 with a passion anymore. I had high hopes for the new formula but the cars are loving terrible and every year since they banned mid year design updates have been one team or another being miles ahead of the competition. It's not racing IMO, it's a war of engineers.

Ok, rant over.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Motorsport is dying.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
For the record, I sort of have hope for F1, because F1 changes so often anyway, and Bernie's about to die, after all. Maybe it'll get good leadership, who knows.

All the split-era assholes are pretty much gone from Indycar, but I can't help but think it's still slowly dying due to lack of interest.

NASCAR, if Brian France got shot in the head, they'd give the series to JC France or some poo poo. Absolutely hopeless. I've given up on seeing high quality stock car racing in the US for the future.

AirborneSpore
Mar 2, 2014

That one bounced.
I'd rather have Joon win over Keselowski. I don't like Keselowski at all. You can add him to the list of drivers that I've been hating on today.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Fag Boy Jim posted:

For the record, I sort of have hope for F1, because F1 changes so often anyway, and Bernie's about to die, after all. Maybe it'll get good leadership, who knows.
Sorry dude, Bernie is immortal.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Bernie is going to a comfy white-collar jail.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Fag Boy Jim posted:

All the split-era assholes are pretty much gone from Indycar, but I can't help but think it's still slowly dying due to lack of interest.

NASCAR, if Brian France got shot in the head, they'd give the series to JC France or some poo poo. Absolutely hopeless. I've given up on seeing high quality stock car racing in the US for the future.

Moving this to the ICS thread, where I will respond to this.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

FuzzySkinner posted:

Moving this to the ICS thread, where I will respond to this.

Please don't.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I hope most of you get the reference in the thread title: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3641573

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

I hope most of you get the reference in the thread title: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3641573

If anyone doesn't they're banned tbqh.

• Locked thread