Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

The Hilton Washington Ballroom - July 4th, 1997, 8:45 PM

The dining hall is full of notable faces, though not the kind the media is used to keeping tabs on. The President had chosen to honor a number of national heroes, many of whom had gathered there that night to accept awards and praise. The emcee for the night ushers the UBS anchorman away from the podium amid a round of applause.

"Thank you, Mr. Grunick," says Pupkin, the comedian, laughing and shoving, "that was a... wonderful speech. Ahem, and now, I'd like to introduce you to tonight's guest of honor, who is here himself honoring those who have served this country greatly. From soldiers to secret service, from policemen to firefighters, those great men who had put their lives on the line and done extraordinary things are here tonight to be recognized for their courage and service. To give those honors, I proudly present the President of the United States of America, Mr. Jimmy Carter!"

The crowd in attendance erupts in applause as the President of the United States stands up from his seat at the dais, smiling and waving. He makes his way to the podium and taps the mic a bit, testing it.

"Well, I suppose I'd like to begin," the President speaks, "by saying that no matter who you are, no matter how big or small, no matter how important your cog in the great machine that is our nation, you are incredible. To serve your country, to serve the interests of this great land, this home of the free... there is no greater honor. And that honor is shared by myself and those who value your service."

The crowd applauds again, this time with more fervor. The President smiles and claps along, nodding his approval. Silently, above the noise, a figure clad in darkness save his face, stalks the balconies at the top of the ballroom. He steps over a fallen Secret Service agent and sets his rifle steadily on the edge of the balcony.

"Let's begin our ceremony with a member of one of our fine police forces. I'm sure you all heard the stories; The Bardach County Detective who helped bring down one of the most vicious serial killers our country has ever seen. Keeping alive the memory of his late partner, Detective William Somerset has since been an inspiration to those in the force. Ladies and gentlemen, our first honoree this evening-"

The shot comes quickly. It's near-silent, zipping by the heads of those watching from the audience. The President takes a step back for a moment before slumping against the curtain behind him, his brain matter trailing him as he falls to the floor. Screams erupt from every corner of the room, Secret Service agents jumping to the President's aid and looking about the room for the killer. A million camera flashes, as bright as the sun, capturing this moment of infamy... and capturing the assailant.

quote:

The Hilton Washington, Room 238 - July 4th, 1997 10:00 PM

"An excellent job, my boy," laughs a man dressed in a fine suit, "the woman was right. You're good at what you do."

The assassin, freshly arrived from the hotel, merely nods, standing silently.

"Of course I was right," a female voice calls, stepping into the room, "it was my plan. I'll have to thank our Chinese backers for this. We're that much closer to our final, crowning moment. The day of judgment."

"So, what now?"

"Call Mr. V, tell him we're going to begin eliminating any opposition now before they become a factor. Everything is almost in position. Very soon, we'll be the most powerful group of people in the world. A great man I know once said 'greed... is good.' I concur... however, I put forth that power... is better."

quote:

Washington, D.C. Secret CIA Think Tank - July 4th, 1997 10:00 PM

"Dr. J," comes the cry as the door bursts open, "did you hear the news? The President's been-"

"I've heard," replies the old man, presumably our Dr. J, sitting in a leather swivel chair, "and I already know who did it. The real question is 'why?'"

"What do you mean 'why?' Do assassins need reasons to kill the President nowadays?"

"This one does - did you not see the photo? Something big is going on, it would have to be for him to do what he did. Quickly, boy! I need the file folders in that safe to your right. The combination is six, twelve, eighty-one."

"What's this all about, Doctor?"

"I need to know why he would kill the President, and I can guarantee you that even the FBI and the CIA aren't going to be able to find out the answers to that conundrum. This all fits too neatly with something I've been researching for awhile - we're coming up on a predicted future event and this could be the herald of just that. We're going to need assets - men and women whose special skills can help us figure out what is coming and who is really behind the President's assassination...

"...and why James Bond would kill the President of the United States."

Dr. J swivels around to his desk and sees the files his assistant has laid out before him.

"A long time ago, the British had a group of operatives to deal with that which no normal operative could alone. I've been gathering candidates for our own group, old friend. It's time to activate our own League."

The League is a three part mafia story that will hopefully be played out from beginning to end. The theme is a crossover of of multiple movies as The President of the United States has been murdered on live television. A mysterious man on Capital Hill is putting together a team to get to the bottom of things. A shadowy conspiracy seems to be pulling all the strings, even those of the world's greatest spy. You must help put a stop to this... or help it come to fruition.

Mafia rules are normal. Nights will be closed. No faking day actions. A warning that flavor text may be relevant to alignment, so keep that in mind.

The game is designed for between 17-22 players, though the more the better!

Your very country may need you. Are you ready to answer the call?

Player List
  1. Asiina
  2. Barehanded Brother - Rambo (town) killed night 2.
  3. Big Nothing
  4. Bigup DJ - Vincent Corleone (scum) killed day 2.
  5. CCKeane - Frank Drebin (town) killed day 2.
  6. Dugong
  7. fiery_valkyrie
  8. Hal Incandenza - Verbal Kint (scum) lynched day 2.
  9. JakeP
  10. Jamuraan - Johnny (town) killed night 2.
  11. Juanito - The Dude (town) killed night 1.
  12. merk - Dirty Harry (town) killed Night 3.
  13. mr.capps
  14. Opopanax - Doc Brown (town) killed night 1.
  15. Pinterest Mom
  16. Propaganda Machine
  17. Puntification - Indiana Jones (town) killed Night 3.
  18. Rarity - Sarah Connor (town) killed night 3.
  19. Rascyc
  20. tearshed
  21. Tremendous Taste
  22. Your Personal Muse
  23. yuming

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jul 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

yeah

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I'm in

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

This is potentially my first SA mafia game. Is time difference an issue? I'm in England.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
My perspective, from playing in Australia is that it's more of an annoyance than anything.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I want to be Taco :downs:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah sure okay

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I will play your game.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

In it to win it baby :henget:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Ok I'm in then

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Me too!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Sure.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Me please.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
i am a bad enough dude to save the president

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Barehanded Brother posted:

i am a bad enough dude to save the president

I think you're a little late for that.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Asiina posted:

I think you're a little late for that.

He might be really good at dong jigsaws and plan to piece the POTUS back together?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Puntification posted:

He might be really good at dong jigsaws and plan to piece the POTUS back together?

*doing.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I liked it better the first way.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

BHB actually is really, really good at dong jigsaw puzzles. He has the largest collection in North America

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

Opopanax posted:

BHB actually is really, really good at dong jigsaw puzzles. He has the largest collection in North America

They don't call him "Tricky Dick" for nothing.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

Also I can only picture this man as Dr. J:

so naturally I want to be him.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

This is a movie crossover so yes it is Dr. J from Space Jam

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Sure.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm in

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
Yo Mac can I be a replacement?

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
I like big games. In.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Eight Dollars posted:

Yo Mac can I be a replacement?

Why not simply be a placement?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

Puntification posted:

Why not simply be a placement?

Playing two game at once makes my brain explode :(

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Eight Dollars posted:

Playing two game at once makes my brain explode :(

Fair enough.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
I'm in, I'll be Taco
Just so you know, I haven't played in years so prepare for some OLD MAN WISDOM

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Opopanax posted:

I want to be Taco :downs:

I just realized you stole my joke =(

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

I want my super secret spy weapon to be a naginata.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jamuraan posted:

I just realized you stole my joke =(

Sorry Jam. You're just going to have to be stuck as Dre

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Opopanax posted:

Sorry Jam. You're just going to have to be stuck as Dre

I'm gonna go Rafi on this bitch

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

OK, I will be a part of this League even if it isn't The League League.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

God I hope I'm James Bond I'm going to have so much sex with models or prostitutes depending on what country I'm in.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I'll play~

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The Siege Perilous is filled!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I'll play if there is still spot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hello, I would like to play this, my first mafia game.

• Locked thread