Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Yeah, I decided to ditch Misery 2.1 and now I'm back to 1.2.

But also AA2 for SoC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Missing Name posted:

Yeah, I decided to ditch Misery 2.1 and now I'm back to 1.2.

But also AA2 for SoC.

AA2 is just amazing. The difficulty curve seems different though, considering two random bandits ambushed me near the north of the Rookie village and I got an SVD and a Saiga from them. Then I found Vampire near the stash near (which is oddly fitting), and after killing him I got an upgraded SiG with a grenade launcher. :stare:

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

Azran posted:

Having a really weird issue here. I'm only using E.nigma's Arsenal Overhaul 2.2 for CoP. I did an entire playthrough with no issues; a patch downloaded the other day and now welp.

Already did a complete reinstall, and it would not actually start the game, even without mods. It would just sit forever in a loop of "Wait while Steam launches this game" messages appearing and disappearing.
Sounds like you need to verify your cache.

That message you get after crashing doesn't tell us anything it's just computer gibberish. What you need to post is the bottom of your last log file found in the appdata folder in the main cop folder. I'm guessing you installed the pripyat reborn addon. I never released any patches for 2.2 because there were no reported issues with it.

Fister Ardennes fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jun 4, 2014

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Purely figurative but I do get a lot of stuttering with Arsenal Overhaul 2.2 for CoP but I've been playing the Original Weapons Renewal and I barely get any jittering or anything. It looks like they didn't change the shaders or anything, did you for your mod E.nigma? I mean I guess it could just the Pripyat engine too but I find it strange. I.e. I'll get a three second pause when I get close to the Skadavosk or any popular area in AA2.2 but not in Original Weapons Renewal.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/cop-original-weapons-renewal Full version.

Monolith. fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jun 4, 2014

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011
Just noticed while searching for any info on the LA patch that reddit had an AMA earlier today with one of the OGSE devs. He said they're "hoping" for a July release of the new version, and holy poo poo they updated their moddb page with a ton of update notes on everything they're adding. That release is looking really good, especially the A-Life stuff and AI in general. And.... :frogsiren: They removed the awful omnipotent insta-gib turrets!! :frogsiren: (not that there isn't any way to remove them with the fixes found here, but I'm glad they realized that they are absolute poo poo.)

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

E.Nigma posted:

Sounds like you need to verify your cache.

That message you get after crashing doesn't tell us anything it's just computer gibberish. What you need to post is the bottom of your last log file found in the appdata folder in the main cop folder. I'm guessing you installed the pripyat reborn addon. I never released any patches for 2.2 because there were no reported issues with it.

Cache verified, nothing missing.

And I didn't even know there was a mod called Pripyat Reborn. :v: I'm only using your mod. The patch I mentioned was something Steam downloaded, I'd presume it's the Gamespy removal thing?

Also, completely unrelated but I used to crash to the desktop whenever I put a water bottle in my quick use bar.

Fake edit: Oh right, the log. :downs: Is it the .txt or the MDMP file? For some reason, deleting character_desc_general.xml makes the game "actually" start but with some textures missing. Might as well reinstall.

Azran fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jun 4, 2014

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

Monolith. posted:

Purely figurative but I do get a lot of stuttering with Arsenal Overhaul 2.2 for CoP but I've been playing the Original Weapons Renewal and I barely get any jittering or anything. It looks like they didn't change the shaders or anything, did you for your mod E.nigma? I mean I guess it could just the Pripyat engine too but I find it strange. I.e. I'll get a three second pause when I get close to the Skadavosk or any popular area in AA2.2 but not in Original Weapons Renewal.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/cop-original-weapons-renewal Full version.
OWR doesn't come with atmosfear and absolute nature. The other thing is AO has way more weapons and ammo than OWR, so stalker npc's and traders have to load in more items.

Azran posted:

And I didn't even know there was a mod called Pripyat Reborn. :v: I'm only using your mod. The patch I mentioned was something Steam downloaded, I'd presume it's the Gamespy removal thing?

Also, completely unrelated but I used to crash to the desktop whenever I put a water bottle in my quick use bar.
Yeah, blame steam for breaking another game with their poo poo patches for a game nobody plays MP in.

The water bottle icon is too big to go in the quick use bar. Water was actually meant to be used for a thirst parameter like food is. I just haven't got around to figuring out how to do it.

Fister Ardennes fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jun 4, 2014

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Fosson posted:

Just noticed while searching for any info on the LA patch that reddit had an AMA earlier today with one of the OGSE devs. He said they're "hoping" for a July release of the new version, and holy poo poo they updated their moddb page with a ton of update notes on everything they're adding. That release is looking really good, especially the A-Life stuff and AI in general. And.... :frogsiren: They removed the awful omnipotent insta-gib turrets!! :frogsiren: (not that there isn't any way to remove them with the fixes found here, but I'm glad they realized that they are absolute poo poo.)

How will I find time to play both OGSE and LA?

Edit: Some of their changes are really cool! I don't think I've ever seen a mod with dynamic water puddles. Doesn't add to game play, but it's a nice touch. And they fixed some of the nonfunctional immunities/status effects, finally. Quite a few of the bug fixes they list are great, too. Ddraig you'll like a lot of what they are claiming, I think. Especially their new debugging tools.

MadBimber fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jun 4, 2014

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Any game you mod should really be duplicated elsewhere than the steam folder.

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011

MadBimber posted:

How will I find time to play both OGSE and LA?

Edit: Some of their changes are really cool! I don't think I've ever seen a mod with dynamic water puddles. Doesn't add to game play, but it's a nice touch. And they fixed some of the nonfunctional immunities/status effects, finally. Quite a few of the bug fixes they list are great, too. Ddraig you'll like a lot of what they are claiming, I think. Especially their new debugging tools.

I have no idea how I will be able to play both. I'm only now entering Agroprom in LA and the level design and missions have been pretty excellent so far. But while the lighting outside is great, I've been having trouble finding the sweet spot indoors. Even if it is a decrepit shack, I seem to need a flashlight (and LA's flashlight seems pretty hosed) and some indoor areas seem too bright when they should be dark (tunnels/Agroprom/etc). Not to mention I miss the added A-life stuff and have been spoiled by the dynamic chatter.

On the other hand, ogse's current version obviously has it's flaws like too many mutants and really easy to become overpowered early. With LA being patched and moddable I'm hoping that sweet spot is eventually hit. I love the look of some of the open natural areas like the swamps...but ogse's new release will have that, but possibly the old basic areas so maybe that could be modded further...and..and... :shepicide:

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

staberind posted:

Any game you mod should really be duplicated elsewhere than the steam folder.

At this point I just copy/paste the vanilla folders for games in my Steam folder, paste the gamedata folders and such into the copies, and set up independent shortcuts for the .exe launchers of each. Now I just need to mow through all the modded games I have...

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Hello Stalkers. Take a look at these beautiful shots.

Like what you see? Come join me in my Lost Alpha LP!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

MadBimber posted:

Hello Stalkers. Take a look at these beautiful shots.

Like what you see? Come join me in my Lost Alpha LP!

Thanks for this. I've nearly finished my Oblivion Lost play through and was debating picking up clear sky and playing that finally, modded CoP or looking into Lost Alpha.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
The OGSE people just posted a WIP changelog of the upcoming version and it is going to be huge.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Mordja posted:

The OGSE people just posted a WIP changelog of the upcoming version and it is going to be huge.

Holy poo poo. YES.

I can only hope.

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred
Hey guys, how accurate is the OP? I feel like some soviet dystopia loving but I'm not sure where to begin or hell which of the three games I should be playing these days (I've finished all three). Which game version and mod is currently considered gold standard? I'm kinda hoping for a bleaker darker STALKER.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

XTimmy posted:

I'm kinda hoping for a bleaker darker STALKER.

I can't comment on Shadow of Chernobyl or Clear Sky but Misery 1.2 for Call of Pripyat pretty much fits this perfectly. I would avoid the newer Misery 2.0 because its fun lasts about ten minutes.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Mordja posted:

I might reinstall SoC and download this just for the thermal vision.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I can't comment on Shadow of Chernobyl or Clear Sky but Misery 1.2 for Call of Pripyat pretty much fits this perfectly. I would avoid the newer Misery 2.0 because its fun lasts about ten minutes.

For whatever reason Misery 1.2 made hunting fleshes for parts to sell fun enough for me to do for twenty hours. Really.

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred
Anybody got a link, I can only find 1.1 and 2.1 which is apparently not as good?

LordLeckie
Nov 14, 2009

Acquire Currency! posted:

For whatever reason Misery 1.2 made hunting fleshes for parts to sell fun enough for me to do for twenty hours. Really.

I enjoyed misery so much that i was willing to put up with how unstable it is on my lovely laptop for hours and hours and hours so they got something right.

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred
Jesus I downloaded Misery 2.1 because 1.2 is apparently vaporware now and my inventory looks like some taticlol kiddie shat in it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Just finished oblivion lost, installed Lost
Alpha and am really liking it. Just seems to make more sense.

Decided I'll play through them all again after LA, never played and consequently don't own Clear Sky. Hopefully there's a steam sale on the horizon.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Those On My Beet posted:

Just finished oblivion lost, installed Lost
Alpha and am really liking it. Just seems to make more sense.

Decided I'll play through them all again after LA, never played and consequently don't own Clear Sky. Hopefully there's a steam sale on the horizon.

Summer sale is right around the corner, so you're in luck. :getin:

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

XTimmy posted:

Jesus I downloaded Misery 2.1 because 1.2 is apparently vaporware now and my inventory looks like some taticlol kiddie shat in it.

I think I've got the files for 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 kicking around somewhere. It'd probably going to be like a 4 hour upload once I dig them up.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Is there a certain file or setting to edit if I wanted to make the adjust the brightness of the sky or ground to make them closer together? On some of these mods (maybe in the base game too) its difficult to see things in certain conditions like overcast skies because the sky ends up so much brighter than the stuff it lights up. If its something spread across dozens of different files then never mind :)

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Wow I just checked and yeah 1.2 is gone from the moddb page. But 1.1 is still up for some reason? What the hell Misery devs.

I don't remember 1.2 being a big update from 1.1, I would just go with that instead of beating your face against 2.0.

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred

Missing Name posted:

I think I've got the files for 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 kicking around somewhere. It'd probably going to be like a 4 hour upload once I dig them up.

Only if you find the time. Just the 1.2 patch should be fine, 1.1 is still up on MODDB and seems to work fine.

XTimmy fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jun 9, 2014

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Wow I just checked and yeah 1.2 is gone from the moddb page. But 1.1 is still up for some reason? What the hell Misery devs.

I don't remember 1.2 being a big update from 1.1, I would just go with that instead of beating your face against 2.0.

I'm guessing they're retroactively getting rid of the first version so 2.1 is the only one that's left so people have to love it because there's nothing else.

Easier than fixing 2.1 anyway.

I really do need to update the OP but finding time in the library is a bit of a pain in the rear end.

This is what you need to know about 2.1:

'My idea was you were smuggled covert ops and betrayed by the stalkers/bandits and they robbed you and planned to take your 'virginity' as all bandits try with clean shaved military guys, since the zone is a wiener fest. Before that you just got away with a knife you had in your boot when they got attacked by mutties and thoughwounded you fled to the lonely house and passed out there. Just to find that the residents did not approve of you crashing their pad, since you ate their porridge. I said before right, seeing the torment of coughing and fear I think it was rather after that. Now hardened by the ordeal you have nothing to life for but to complete your mission and recover your honour, else your mission report might be quite a read.

The zone surely lacks women... '

Misery 2.1: Anal Rape and Bears.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jun 9, 2014

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
STALKER General: Ddraig hates Misery 2 and here's why:

:laugh:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Misery 2.1 still deserves a hell of a longer rant than either of us have given it.

If anyone doesn't want to play 1.1 and can't find a new download for 1.2 anywhere, I'd try the Redux mod instead. It's been awhile since I played it but I remember it making the game a lot more challenging in non-stupid ways and it also added a ton of new artifacts, something that I haven't seen any other mod do for some reason. Of course it had the usual STALKER mod list of features as well (new graphics, sound, weapons, etc).

It made hunting for artifacts a lot more exciting since there was a lot of new stuff to find and I think it also added random anomalies to the general map, so it wasn't as boring as with a lot of other mods, which tend to completely ignore artifacts/anomalies besides tripling the damage they do and then going back to coding their immersive camera jiggle animations that lock your controls for 5 seconds whenever you use an item.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jun 9, 2014

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."
Oh I am super excited about that new OGSE.

Also... someone asked if it was being released this month, and the dev said "Yes, but take in account what translation to English will also take some time."

They previously said that there wasn't going to be an English version. Which made me very sad, thinking that I might have to wait months or a year for some random fans to translate it. (Given all the new quests and new items and new gameplay mechanics, I think an English translation would be required to progress in the game.) Good to hear that they do have someone working on it.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

STALKER General: Ddraig hates Misery 2 and here's why:

:laugh:

I hate it, too. Well, maybe not hate.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

:toot:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yu9rdvbuej8ncy7/MISERY_patch_2.zip

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred

Good man, now I can get to icepacking my laptop so it doesn't ignite during gameplay.

Airflamer
Jan 21, 2012

wow that story was super amazingly awesome, im not even joking right now

Grimey Drawer
Man I've really been digging Lost Alpha but that walk into the Mines or getting to the bar after each quest is just killer. :suicide: I'm not usually a fan of fast travel but the walk is just so boring. Am I missing something?

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Airflamer posted:

Man I've really been digging Lost Alpha but that walk into the Mines or getting to the bar after each quest is just killer. :suicide: I'm not usually a fan of fast travel but the walk is just so boring. Am I missing something?

Try the S3r1ous Improvements mod, it includes the Guider's Mod which is exactly what it sounds like - you can pay specific guides for fast-travel. I can't find an English stand-alone version of Guider's, but you should just use S3r1ous Improvements. It has various bug and crash fixes, cleaned up text, better weapons ported from LURK, and other good stuff you want.

There are also cars in the base game that you can get to fairly early on, though they're buggy rolling deathtraps. If one of them takes enough damage and the back hatch falls off, you'll lose anything you stored in it because the trunk can no longer be accessed.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Is there a quality weather mod for SoC that'll work with ZRP and those shaders recommended in the OP? Unless there's already weather changes in ZRP, then don't worry about it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ThePutty posted:

Is there a quality weather mod for SoC that'll work with ZRP and those shaders recommended in the OP? Unless there's already weather changes in ZRP, then don't worry about it.

I used S.W.O. (S.T.A.L.K.E.R. WEATHER OVERHAULED) v3.0

in conjunction with Oblivion Lost when I played recently.

I also did something with my shaders and had some odd things going on but otherwise it was pleasant. Lost Alpha seems to have more fancier weather

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

IronicBeetCriminal posted:

I used S.W.O. (S.T.A.L.K.E.R. WEATHER OVERHAULED) v3.0

in conjunction with Oblivion Lost when I played recently.

I also did something with my shaders and had some odd things going on but otherwise it was pleasant. Lost Alpha seems to have more fancier weather

I'll grab this, thanks. While I'm at it, is there a texture mod that only changes weapons and armour and is also compatible with the aforementioned mods? They're kind of the only thing that looks pretty dated in SoC, and I'm worried about injecting poo poo into ZRP that I have no idea will actually run correctly.