Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

This survival horror game doesn't look very scary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Every part of mass effect 3 that wasn't tuchanka was garbage. Mass effect 2 was a huge stupid TPS dark middle chapter waste of time. Mass effect 1 is the only good mass effect game

ME1 was so easy to break over your knees. There's a reason they switched to ammo.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Widestancer posted:

Sales numbers definitely say otherwise, and the :spergin: rage makes it an even more enjoyable experience so please never change.

how is it :spergin: rage? and if you think sales numbers means quality than COD is the best game ever.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Alexzandvar posted:

how is it :sperg: rage? and if you think sales numbers means quality than COD is the best game ever.
this argument is giving me some feels guys

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Mass effect 2 was a huge stupid TPS dark middle chapter waste of time.

stop playing video games and hang yourself

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Mass Effect 3 was the best Mass Effect strictly because I never had to buy it and got enjoyment out of it. The series as a whole is awful though.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Is that Krogan screaming from ME4?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Widestancer posted:

Sales numbers definitely say otherwise, and the :spergin: rage makes it an even more enjoyable experience so please never change.

1.3 million (Mass Effect 3) vs 2 million (Mass Effect 2), a 35% drop.

edit: I don't know if you guys noticed but this dude is just going to repeat "I like it because it made these losers mad" on a loop until you stop responding.

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done

Alexzandvar posted:

ME3 was poo poo because it cut down on virtually everything but the combat, but I guess if you only like to shoot poo poo and have embarrassing dialogue in your apartment ME3 is pretty okay

What really got me the most about it was just the overall dip in quality coming from Mass Effect 2. The combat was fluid, but as I played through the game, it started to dawn on me how shallow all of these trilogy-wide "choices" and story branches we could take really were, and well, let's just say it left a hunger in me only Chipotle could satisfy at that point.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Endorph posted:

this argument is giving me some feels guys

Current Feels: Football

Token Cracker
Dec 22, 2004
I really hope the evil within turns out well.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Avocados posted:

Are there any videos up of the mass effect reveal that was shown? And to save time, was it anything more than "this still exists"?

ME3 kinda sucked as a whole for me, but I still find the universe and stuff around it cool. I'd be happy for more Mass Effect if they leave Shepard alone and stay away from monolithic plots because they already exposed their ineptitude there.

They showed us the rendering engine, that's it. We got to see a planet, and a really good day/night cycle.

Then they mentioned Mass Effect and a "new IP" so we're not even sure which we saw.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mass Effect 3 was the best because a lot of people are bitching about it which is funny to me

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Every part of mass effect 3 that wasn't tuchanka was garbage. Mass effect 2 was a huge stupid TPS dark middle chapter waste of time. Mass effect 1 is the only good mass effect game

I guess some people are really into inventory management

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
me2 was alright because they made it so you could romance Tali and she was the only interesting female character. Liara acts like a robot and Ashley is a marine

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The worst thing about ME3 was the complete straight-faced game journalist self insert

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Is that the Jack Bauer 24 countdown noise?

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Widestancer posted:

Nah people are going to buy them in droves and there is going to be a lot of :spergin: rage on the official forums from the same subset people here who claim they will never buy any game in X franchise ever again.

The ME series has never been big name. DA:O outsold ME1 and 2 combined last I checked, and ME3's sales nosedived after the release angst. While I imagine DA:I will sell well ( because lets be real, DA2 exposed the fact that most of the fanbase is just here for the romance. ), it'll actually be really interesting how well ME4 does.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

ME 1 was ok (from the little I played)

ME 2 owned, beat it 4 times to hear poo poo

ME 3 was merely ok, played 2 but the ending was kind of poo poo (story aside, it was a garbage end boss)

So umm, this opinion is mine and is all that matters. Who cares what some nerds online think (we're all poo poo nerds, gently caress off and wipe your arse).

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Sweeney Tom posted:

Mass Effect 3 was the best because a lot of people are bitching about it which is funny to me

This guy gets it. Got to watch the worst of Games try to strangle one another with their own entrails.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Alexzandvar posted:

how is it :sperg: rage? and if you think sales numbers means quality than COD is the best game ever.

I never said that sales numbers mean quality; nice straw man. They do mean success, which in the adult world means money for shareholders which is a thing that needs to happen in order for companies to keep existing.

Looking through the ME3 thread here and then over to the Bioware forums shows a huge amount of tard rage and I really do hope that EA keeps up the same strategy because let's be honest, forums are almost always more fun than games especially in series which generates so much bizarre fan creepiness as Mass Effect.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
ME3 had good gameplay. The multi was very fun. You could be a vanguard and charge things and explode on them, but you had to make sure not to charge the wrong things or they would loving Murder you.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

1.3 million (Mass Effect 3) vs 2 million (Mass Effect 2), a 35% drop.

edit: I don't know if you guys noticed but this dude is just going to repeat "I like it because it made these losers mad" on a loop until you stop responding.

Where are you getting your sales numbers from? ME3 and 2 have definitely sold way more than both of that across all platforms.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Widestancer posted:

... especially in series which generates so much bizarre fan creepiness as Mass Effect.

Says the poster with an anime avatar. Pot calling kettle black...

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Captain Gordon posted:

Says the human being with an anime avatar.

:lol:

Calm calm.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Captain Gordon posted:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Captain Gordon posted:

Tell me more about how YOSPOS is really cool

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Widestancer posted:

Tell me more about how YOSPOS is really cool

Please dont YOSPOS shame.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
there are actually people in the year of our lord 2014 who defend bioware jesus christ

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Psst. They might be trolling.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Captain Gordon posted:

A Pokemon avatar is a games avatar, not an anime avatar. :colbert:

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Captain Gordon posted:

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

DA2 and ME3 were both poo poo.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Endorph posted:

Psst. They might be trolling.

on a forum were people legitimately think Star Citizen isn't a scam anything is possible

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Alexzandvar posted:

there are actually people in the year of our lord 2014 who defend bioware jesus christ

Nah its just really funny to watch people here get offended when their little franchise gets messed with; it's honestly one of the huge draws of the series post ME2. That and the absolutely insane stuff people post about Tali. Bioware sucks just as much as EA, but the point here is that despite all the rage the games will continue to sell well and as long as the shareholders are getting serviced the big publishers really do not care about boycotts or whatever.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
People who love ME2 and hate ME3 are legit mentally ill imho

Like loving ME1 and hating the other two is a coherent position at least

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Alexzandvar posted:

Check out the Dragon Age: Inquisition thread. There are people in there that know more about fake Bioware fantasy worlds than they ever will about the real world.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I don't know. The image of the community managers carting away hundreds of red, green and blue frosted cupcakes is both more entertaining and hilarious than anything (save Tuchanka) in Mass Effect 3 or the more irrational responses to the game.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Widestancer posted:

Nah its just really funny to watch people here get offended when their little franchise gets messed with; it's honestly one of the huge draws of the series post ME2. That and the absolutely insane stuff people post about Tali. Bioware sucks just as much as EA, but the point here is that despite all the rage the games will continue to sell well and as long as the shareholders are getting serviced the big publishers really do not care about boycotts or whatever.

I agree it's funny to watch people get a angsty over video games but it's really stupid to assume that EA will keep it rolling when they tanked Medal of Honor and many other franchises, trust me EA will find a way to destroy all their financial success

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Symphoric posted:

Check out the Dragon Age: Inquisition thread. There are people in there that know more about fake Bioware fantasy worlds than they ever will about the real world.

And don't you DARE accuse them of needing to go outside or you might get a probe for making GBS threads up their thread :qq:

• Locked thread