Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

So am I the only one that feel like all of the Shield members and Seth should be nowhere near the World title?

What would you do with them? I mean, long-term? Either you think they're at that level, and this accelerates things, or you don't, and we know what happens to tag teams in modern WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The WWE title curse gave Daniel Bryan a broken freakin' neck

Only Cena can hold it and survive

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Mr. Carlisle posted:

And killed his dad

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

ch3cooh posted:

And killed his dad

And his dog :(

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ch3cooh posted:

And killed his dad

And his dog

e; gently caress lol

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Also Connor the Crusher :smith:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Judging by what happened during Bryan, Orton and Cena's reign the WWE title curse may be worse than the PWG title curse and the "Beating Frank Mir" curse.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The Landstander posted:

drat, this went way darker than I expected it to

MassRafTer posted:

Judging by what happened during Bryan, Orton and Cena's reign the WWE title curse may be worse than the PWG title curse and the "Beating Frank Mir" curse.

Turns out Cena is actually protecting the wrestlers we like from their own peril by carrying the burden of the WWE title alone. This changes everything.

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jun 9, 2014

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
God doesn't want Daniel Bryan to be champion, putting him in league with Vince McMahon. This is a stunning heel turn if you remember his days as Shawn Michaels' tag partner.

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

The Landstander posted:

He was dead anyway.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

What would you do with them? I mean, long-term? Either you think they're at that level, and this accelerates things, or you don't, and we know what happens to tag teams in modern WWE.

The title doesn't add anything to the shield/authority angle and I'd prefer not to see anybody involved in a sink or swim scenario with the belt. If you do make it about the belt you have no other angles going on that anybody would care about for the PPV.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Man, 3 title reigns in a row with abrupt and premature ends for Bryan. It's a real shame that it's all worked out like this for all involved as the angle was so hot right up until the week after mania. At least he can get healthy in his own time now.

Silver lining: another PPV that we dodge a Kane gimmick singles match.

So let's do it, - put the belt back on Cena, hail satan.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Blasmeister posted:

Silver lining: another PPV that we dodge a Kane gimmick singles match.

Joke's on you, Cena's title match will be against Kane.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

At least when he does eventually come back he'll have the 'I was never beaten for the title and I'm going to take back what I never lost' angle to get right back into the chase again so there's that.

That is if he can stop doing flying headbutts and diving into ringside barriers long enough to do some long term healing

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Put Lesnar in MITB I want to see him take ladder bumps and make funny noises

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Lesnar growls at the guy who controls the winch for the hook and the belt gets lowered into his hands.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

Put Lesnar in MITB I want to see him take ladder bumps and make funny noises

You could have a cool spot where Lesnar spends 10 minutes piling up the limp corpses of everyone else in the match and then climbs the pile of humanity to get the title

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

actually I'm pretty sure he would just fall in his head 5 minutes into the match

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Lesnar Shooting Star Press from the top of the ladder to the outside of the ring. Everybody dies.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Someone tries to climb a ladder and Brock just punches them apart like that scene in Xmen Origins

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
MY CLIENT, BRRRRROOOOCK LESNARRRRRRR, MURDERED EVERYONE AT THE MONEY IN THE BANK PAY PER VIEW, AFTER CONQUERING THE UNDERTAKER'S UNDEFEATED STREAK AT WRESLTEMANIA.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The title doesn't add much to the Shield drama, but everyone other than Cena and The Shield looks like a chump right now.

Kane, Wyatt, and Cesaro are coming off losses. Sheamus had a terrible win. Barrett looks ok but going from RVD to the main event is crazy.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

oatgan posted:

actually I'm pretty sure he would just fall in his head 5 minutes into the match

Yeah but nobody will notice because that won't effect anything. It'll just make him more mad and bleed more.

I support brock in mitb because it's not like there's really anybody worthwhile to shove in those spots this year.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
I like Daniel Bryan without the title. 'Cause when he's injured he doesn't wrestle which means he has to talk. And he's a bad promo. Corny bastard

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Put the title on a heel, have him dick around a bit, have Daniel Bryan come back to nuclear crowd reaction and take it back when he's healed up. Stripping it sucks but it's not the worst thing that can happen and arguably better than the limbo things have been in for weeks while Bryan sticks around doing nothing for himself and nothing for the belt.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Baby Babbeh posted:

Put the title on a heel, have him dick around a bit, have Daniel Bryan come back to nuclear crowd reaction and take it back when he's healed up. Stripping it sucks but it's not the worst thing that can happen and arguably better than the limbo things have been in for weeks while Bryan sticks around doing nothing for himself and nothing for the belt.

Put it on Rusev, except when Bryan comes back he gets put in The Camel Clutch and taps. All hail glory of Russia!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

And to think all they had to do to bury Daniel Bryan was to push him. You win again Hunter

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

drat, this sucks:(

I'm not even as huge on Bryan as a lot of the forum is but I certainly wanted him to have a nice title reign instead of constantly getting punked out by Kane before getting hurt.

Lex Luger has the best case for PSP champ of the month right now with no NJPW title match.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
It is quite a debacle, everything that could go wrong after WM did go wrong.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Barrett looks ok but going from RVD to the main event is crazy.

Worked for Paul Heyman's client Brock Lesnar just fine.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Brock's winning the title at MitB :unsmigghh:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

The title doesn't add much to the Shield drama, but everyone other than Cena and The Shield looks like a chump right now.

Kane, Wyatt, and Cesaro are coming off losses. Sheamus had a terrible win. Barrett looks ok but going from RVD to the main event is crazy.

It may not be necessary for the Shield drama, but Rollins would be by far the best choice IMO to hopefully cement him as a top guy coming off the turn.

It should definitely go to a heel IMO, and the only other guys who I'd want to see as the champ right now are the two big name part timers. Brock as champ would own though if theycould make it work.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I wonder how they'll decide who is in which match (title or briefcase). I suppose the Authority could name the top twelve guys and ask each guy which one they prefer to be in. It's a legit question considering how they've played up what an advantage having the case is. Try to win the title that night, or compete for the chance to take out a wounded champ later.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I personally hope they stick to one match for the title. The match is usually really fun but the briefcase schtick is kinda played out by now and they're running out of good ways to use it instead of just giving a heel a weak rear end win.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Can someone tell me about the curse of the PWG title?

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Thauros posted:

It should definitely go to a heel IMO, and the only other guys who I'd want to see as the champ right now are the two big name part timers. Brock as champ would own though if theycould make it work.

The thing is, I really can't imagine Brock not at least going for the title at SummerSlam, and the reports that they wanted Brock vs. Bryan make a lot of sense. You toss it on a heel and you either need an immediate PPV hotshot (ew) or that whole thing is messed up.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dr. Baker posted:

Can someone tell me about the curse of the PWG title?

I misremembered it wasn't just the title but from like 2008-2012 PWG kept having injuries and no shows that caused pretty much every card to be thrown into chaos. Guys got injured titles had to be stripped, dudes signed with WWE, the Briscoes got too drunk to go on a plane, Davey Richards did whatever he does, that kind of thing. It was a general PWG curse where everything went wrong and the cards got better because of it.

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW
I don't care if it's the cool prograps nerd thing to be totally over CM Punk these days. We need him now more than ever. :colbert:

Jason Funk fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jun 9, 2014

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
I get the feeling Cena's winning to try and pop a buyrate/resubs for Summerslam even though a heel is a better long term plan.

Poor Bryan can't catch a break :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Jason Funk posted:

I don't care if it's the cool prograps nerd thing to be totally over CM Punk these days. We need him now more than ever. :crossarms:

Punk's final conversation with Vince before leaving was instructing him to shine the straight edge bat signal over the skies of Chicago during WWE's darkest hour and he would return to save them.

• Locked thread