Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
There is something incredibly weird about all the talk of building new stars in case Cena gets injured over the years and then when Bryan finally gets the championship he gets injured and it makes him look bad. Although Cena also got injured so maybe that's even weirder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jason Funk posted:

I don't care if it's the cool prograps nerd thing to be totally over CM Punk these days. We need him now more than ever. :colbert:

He'd be needed even without the injuries. It's cool he doesn't want to come back but having one more established guy to wrestle the new guys would help so much right now.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fiveace Attorney posted:

There is something incredibly weird about all the talk of building new stars in case Cena gets injured over the years and then when Bryan finally gets the championship he gets injured and it makes him look bad. Although Cena also got injured so maybe that's even weirder

I think WWE made a big mistake by not including as much video of his surgery as they could on Raw. I believe they only showed him in his hospital bed right? I feel like having him come out in a neck brace just makes it all look like an angle to the fans who don't really pay attention since they've been doing worked injuries with him for weeks. I might be wrong and they did show all of this stuff.

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

What my wonder is - how do you get the belt back on Bryan?

Another Bryan beats the Authority feud would be tedious. I thought Bryan could steal the MITB briefcase - but you can't turn him heel with Stephanie as his arch-nemesis. The authority shows no signs of actually being dismantled, so what do you do, leave him on the shelf until you get another good storyline hook?

E: I'm really getting bored of smiley generic babyface Bryan, I miss insane and insecure Team Hell No Bryan.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

I think WWE made a big mistake by not including as much video of his surgery as they could on Raw. I believe they only showed him in his hospital bed right? I feel like having him come out in a neck brace just makes it all look like an angle to the fans who don't really pay attention since they've been doing worked injuries with him for weeks. I might be wrong and they did show all of this stuff.

Agreed, plus a neck brace in wrestling is basically code for weasel heel anyway.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
If anything I think they should wait on Bryan. I love Bryan and he's a great wrestler but I'm already kind of bummed with his title run and more time to forget it before starting over is better by me

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

maxallen posted:

Another Bryan beats the Authority feud would be tedious.

Yet that's probably going to be what they're going to do. Hell, it looks like they're about to have Cena feud with them as well for good measure.

I really really hope they're not going to do a Cena/Authority feud, more than anything. Give him the belt again I guess, but don't pretend like the franchise the company has been built around for a decade isn't liked by the company.

maxallen posted:

E: I'm really getting bored of smiley generic babyface Bryan, I miss insane and insecure Team Hell No Bryan.
They're also not going to do this when Bryan still gets the reactions he does. It would be idiotic.

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

They're also not going to do this when Bryan still gets the reactions he does. It would be idiotic.

I know, it just feels like that was what got him over for me, and he had a lot more fire in his promos. His generic face promos just feel so very very canned to me.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I really really hope they're not going to do a Cena/Authority feud, more than anything. Give him the belt again I guess, but don't pretend like the franchise the company has been built around for a decade isn't liked by the company.

Just as a side on this wouldn't the logical conclusion of a Cena/Authority storyline lead to a Cena/Triple H match? I'm just wondering what on earth the crowd reaction to that would be in 2014.

And chipping in saying that I'm not digging Bryan that much as champion right now, even with a Kane feud and injury sidelining him he's just not a good babyface champion promo.

And a quick side from that, but considering that WWE is building up what seems to be their main event scene in the future (Wyatts, Bryan, Shield, Cesaro, Neville down in NXT) aside from Bray, Ambrose and Rollins (Reigns is only okay imo) none of them are really that strong on promos.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jun 10, 2014

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

maxallen posted:

What my wonder is - how do you get the belt back on Bryan?

Deadly Games tournament which Bryan fights his way into, only to join the authority and turn heel at the end.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I guess this also depends on if you keep him off TV or not. Who knows what they'll do.

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW
I just imagined Dixie Carter trying to convince Eric Young that she's a chiropractor and telling him how she needs to "adjust" his neck

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I have never wanted El Generico to debut as a main eventer more than right now

What is Sami Zayn's gimmick anyways - Newsies Paperboy?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

EugeneJ posted:

Babyface who actually acts like a babyface.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

EugeneJ posted:

Likeable guy (his twitter handle is @ILikeSamiZayn) who's traveled the world, also the underdog.

So like Bard said, an actual babyface that you like.

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW

EugeneJ posted:

A third of the twenty something year old dudes from Portland - the wrestler

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

EugeneJ posted:

Earnest Babyface Vaguely-Foreign-But-Not-In-A-Threatening-Way Flippyman.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Sami Zayn is what happened when the side panels on the NWA title gained sentience.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Congratulations to Sting on becoming the next WWE champion and defending his title and a variety of never before seen gimmick matches.

Broken Neck Match
Pickpocket Match
Dueling Pipe Wrench Match
Zipline Match
Cracker Barrel Match
Zero G Match
Victorian Era Toughguy Match
Hologram Streetfight Match

Etc;etc.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Gonz posted:

Congratulations to Sting on becoming the next WWE champion and defending his title and a variety of never before seen gimmick matches.

Broken Neck Match
Pickpocket Match
Zipline Match
Cracker Barrel Match
Zero G Match

Etc;etc.

I would watch all of those matches tbh.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Gonz posted:

I'm sorry but this is money, plus it would mean a main event push for Bad News Barrett :wotwot:

mindofme
May 19, 2003

Learn trispace and never have to think about math again!

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

I'm sorry but this is money, plus it would mean a main event push for Bad News Barrett :wotwot:

Can we call up Aiden English as his valet?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Gonz posted:

Broken Neck Match
Pickpocket Match
Zipline Match
Cracker Barrel Match
Zero G Match

Etc;etc.

The first time I saw Sting without his makeup was after a Nitro at a Cracker Barrel so I highly approve of a Cracker Barrel match (he was very nice to tiny FB and gave her a signed picture and ruffled her hair because she was wearing a Sting shirt. :3: )

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

The first time I saw Sting without his makeup was after a Nitro at a Cracker Barrel so I highly approve of a Cracker Barrel match (he was very nice to tiny FB and gave her a signed picture and ruffled her hair because she was wearing a Sting shirt. :3: )

Sting is the undisputed master of the Cracker Barrel match. He utilizes the giant checkerboard and rocking chairs like no other.

He beat Barry Windham in '90 with the help of two giant Yankee Candle displays.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Sting managed to get one golf tee left over in the pyramid, against all odds

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

You wearing that shirt reminded him of himself wrestling matches as an old man. Listen, Sting has come unstuck in time.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Man, Brie Bella is gonna look kinda dumb tonight now her noble sacrifice bought Bryan a whole week of holding the belt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmantium
Jan 15, 2011

I WAS READY TO EMBRACE A MAN
Dammit, when i wake up tomorrow i expect Bryan to have a neck of steel and Rik Mayall to have risen from the dead :mad:

• Locked thread