Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Batham posted:

You should really quit this conversation at this point and listen to Goshawk. You sound as someone who can't cope with the fact that everyone's version of fun isn't always the most effective. Get over it and play however you want.

Perhaps you should take your own advice. :)

Man I was so excited for news, or a preview of the new zone, but nope, this old argument again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Because you post bullshit like how someone elses stats actually affects your enjoyment of the game.

Because it actually does for people who care about that. It is a measurable difference for what they care about.

Alteisen posted:

Perhaps you should take your own advice. :)

I care for everyone to play how they want, because that is something that is subjective. Something like efficiency is something that can be measured however. If someone takes every opportunity that he gets to claim that they are one and the same thing because he doesn't like the opposite, then I'll at least point out that he's wrong every time.

Batham fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jun 10, 2014

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Batham posted:

Because it actually does for people who care about that. It is a measurable difference for what they care about.

Don't let others stat choices affect your enjoyment of the game so much dude, I'm not sure how else to say it. If someone else running soldier stats bugs you that much, you have a serious problem.

e: If you want to argue this further, let's do it privately and stop making GBS threads up what has generally been one of the happiest and most positive and friendly MMOHMO threads I've ever seen. Contrary to our arguments I still appreciate your inputs.

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jun 10, 2014

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Berserker is the most effective stat set in PVE but everybody should play what they enjoy. Bold bold bold. Does that loving sum it up jesus christ

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

I'm starting an elite fractal guild. You must be in full pink zerker. You must link the pink to be gained admittance. No SFD allowed. Those fags just want to have fun while playing this game. They don't understand it's all about your fractal level.

Edit. You will also need to know proper rotations.

jaegerx fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jun 10, 2014

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Berserker is the most effective stat set in PVE but everybody should play what they enjoy. Bold bold bold. Does that loving sum it up jesus christ
Notarize it and fax me a copy please.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Don't let others stat choices affect your enjoyment of the game so much dude, I'm not sure how else to say it. If someone else running soldier stats bugs you that much, you have a serious problem.

You proclaim "each to his own" and at the same time you condemn it.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Drop it dude. PM me if you want to fight more.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

So how about that new living story?

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Batham posted:

I don't care that it means that it'll draw out the SFD band out to jump to their leader's defense every time.

Making fun of how loving dumb arus is what we do all day long. I logged in a minute ago and the first thing I read in guild chat was "gently caress Arus" 4 times, from different people followed by clever variations on the theme. Which makes this post absolutely hilarious.

oh you edited it.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

oh you edited it.

Yes, because it added unnecessary fuel to the fire. It's not worth it.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

Making fun of how loving dumb arus is what we do all day long. I logged in a minute ago and the first thing I read in guild chat was "gently caress Arus" 4 times, from different people followed by clever variations on the theme. Which makes this post absolutely hilarious.

oh you edited it.

That's not true. We make fun of maths too.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

rap music posted:

nooo, cosmic fart emperor is dead :(

what's a good name, goons?

In memoriam:

Maybe you should check if that jerk Luceal reported you!!!!

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

jaegerx posted:

I'm starting an elite fractal guild. You must be in full pink zerker. You must link the pink to be gained admittance. No SFD allowed. Those fags just want to have fun while playing this game. They don't understand it's all about your fractal level.

Edit. You will also need to know proper rotations.

Can rangers join?

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
being pretty new to this game wtf is zerker and why is there 100 new posts since last time I checked this thread (Yesterday) that seem to be all about zerker

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Skwee posted:

being pretty new to this game wtf is zerker and why is there 100 new posts since last time I checked this thread (Yesterday) that seem to be all about zerker

"Zerker" is the abbreviation for Berserker, which is armor with Power, Precision, and Ferocity. It's the most effective stat combination in PvE, since there is no trinity and killing something faster is your best defense. Common advice in GW2 PvE is to "run full zerker" for maximum damage output and efficiency.

Arus likes to run Soldier's, which is a defensive armor combination of Power, Toughness and Vitality. He finds this fun although this makes him less effective in PvE, and he gets really mad if anybody points that out and then goons start catfighting all over the place.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I run Soldiers to. :smug:

Though I use zerk weapons.

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

I'd just like to point out that expensive purple dyes will increase your DPS far more than gear or skill ever will.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Also pretty phoenix skins and being The Emperor*.

Incidentally I'm poor now, possibly for related reasons to the above.

*Don't get this

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Arus likes to run Soldier's, which is a defensive armor combination of Power, Toughness and Vitality. He finds this fun although this makes him less effective in PvE, and he gets really mad if anybody points that out and then goons start catfighting all over the place.

I actually have 3 sets on my guardian, only one is soldier. Currently I'm running knight, and have been for quite some time. On my other characters, I have every thing from berserker to rabid, no other soldier.

I haven't been "really mad" at any point and I'm a little surprised how you're coming after me about this.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kazoo posted:

I'd just like to point out that expensive purple dyes will increase your DPS far more than gear or skill ever will.

And blindfolds.

Can't forget those.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

jaegerx posted:

So how about that new living story?

According to the official forum it's the final nail in GW2's coffin. Population showing very high in the server selection is just ANet fudging the numbers.

Yaos fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jun 10, 2014

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

CLAM DOWN posted:

I actually have 3 sets on my guardian, only one is soldier. Currently I'm running knight, and have been for quite some time. On my other characters, I have every thing from berserker to rabid, no other soldier.

I haven't been "really mad" at any point and I'm a little surprised how you're coming after me about this.

Sometimes it seems as though you only agree with half of the "play your way" mentality. Gear however you like, but don't stack in dungeons. Use whichever weapon set you want, but don't take WvW seriously.

That said I'm feeling a bit cranky this evening so I exaggerated and that was uncalled for, I'm sorry.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Illuyankas posted:

Also pretty phoenix skins and being The Emperor*.

Incidentally I'm poor now, possibly for related reasons to the above.

*Don't get this

The minimum required amount of phoenix skins that you need to have before you are a good player is 4.

Batham fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jun 10, 2014

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Sometimes it seems as though you only agree with half of the "play your way" mentality. Gear however you like, but don't stack in dungeons. Use whichever weapon set you want, but don't take WvW seriously.

That said I'm feeling a bit cranky this evening so I exaggerated and that was uncalled for, I'm sorry.

Not my intention to come across that way, sorry. I had a lovely day too and don't really want to fight with anyone here anymore, no matter what the loving topic is. Let's just all have some fun playing some loving guild wars.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
In case no one remembers, Evon Gnashblade himself used the term "fart" once while describing Ellen Keil. I present exhibit A:

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

HaroldofTheRock posted:

In case no one remembers, Evon Gnashblade himself used the term "fart" once while describing Ellen Keil. I present exhibit A:

And then he lost the election. :sigh:

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Batham posted:

The minimum required amount of phoenix skins that you need to have before you are a good player is 4.

I have 5!

...left :gonk:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ghostpilot posted:

Can't lose what was stolen from you. :colbert:

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Ghostpilot posted:

Ellen lied people died. Lion's Arch was an inside job.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Skwee posted:

Swiss Zerker founded Starfleet Dental and had a whirlwind romance with Arus (clam down). They had the first gay wedding in gw2 and used to grind tons of fractals to help gear up goons while they did erotic roleplay on mumble. But arus the night before the big guild raid homecoming arus spent all his money on black lion keys instead of paying his electric bill which ran about $1000 a month from running his deep fryers all day. The power company shut off his power the next morning and he couldn't log in for the homecoming raid or even get on mumble to apologize to swiss zerker. When it was time for the big game zerker was left to tank all on his own without arus's caressing heals to keep him going.

SFD wiped on the first trash pull and zerker was so heartbroken from being stood up he got blackout drunk and didn't wake up when his bitcoin mining rig caught fire. He was horribly burned and can't raid anymore. Arus tried to apologize and explain that the keys were going to be a gift after he and Zerker won the raid but zerker thought he was trying to buy his forgiveness and logged of never to be seen again.

Arus still blames himself and refuses to poopsock progression raids at all until he can win Swiss Zerker's heart back. But he's addicted to black lion keys so he can't afford a plane ticket to go and see Zerker in person. Goshawk just wants her dads back but Arus thinks she's mad when she brings it up.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

LtSmash posted:

Swiss Zerker founded Starfleet Dental and had a whirlwind romance with Arus (clam down). They had the first gay wedding in gw2 and used to grind tons of fractals to help gear up goons while they did erotic roleplay on mumble. But arus the night before the big guild raid homecoming arus spent all his money on black lion keys instead of paying his electric bill which ran about $1000 a month from running his deep fryers all day. The power company shut off his power the next morning and he couldn't log in for the homecoming raid or even get on mumble to apologize to swiss zerker. When it was time for the big game zerker was left to tank all on his own without arus's caressing heals to keep him going.

SFD wiped on the first trash pull and zerker was so heartbroken from being stood up he got blackout drunk and didn't wake up when his bitcoin mining rig caught fire. He was horribly burned and can't raid anymore. Arus tried to apologize and explain that the keys were going to be a gift after he and Zerker won the raid but zerker thought he was trying to buy his forgiveness and logged of never to be seen again.

Arus still blames himself and refuses to poopsock progression raids at all until he can win Swiss Zerker's heart back. But he's addicted to black lion keys so he can't afford a plane ticket to go and see Zerker in person. Goshawk just wants her dads back but Arus thinks she's mad when she brings it up.

All the fighting was worth it. :allears:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

LtSmash posted:

This, except you forgot to add I'm in love with a bird now.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

Picture related

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

I blame tivac for all of this. Stop making a good game that we argue over for 200 posts.

E: and when is the trading post gonna accept bitcoins? It's the future.

jaegerx fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jun 10, 2014

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

jaegerx posted:

I blame tivac for all of this. Stop making a good game that we argue over for 200 posts.

I'd rather complain about how bad other MMOs are compared to GW2. I've run out of things to complain about with GW2 and fake posting out of the official forums is slim pickings because the most idiotic posts get deleted quite rapidly.

Wildstar has to restart the servers to apply patches. An MMO released two years after GW2 requires server down time for a patch.

Here's a post-gw2 release video rapping about the backend of GW2 from 2012 I think.
http://gdcvault.com/play/1016640/Guild-Wars-2-Programming-the

Yaos fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jun 10, 2014

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I'd like to point out that GW1 hardly had any downtime either and is nearly a decade old now. Seriously I think in the entire span of Guild Wars, it has only had like 3 days of downtime or something really low and that was mainly for relocating the servers or some poo poo.

Myrmidongs
Oct 26, 2010

jaegerx posted:

Bitcoins are out, Dogecoins are in. They have their own nascar after all.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

CLAM DOWN posted:

She's your daughter!

Also this was linked before but its still topical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

LtSmash posted:

She's your daughter!

Ours is truly the most forbidden of loves.

• Locked thread