Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
uh
This poll is closed.
embiid 41 32.28%
wiggins 86 67.72%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Terry Glenn posted:

Or because Westbrook is better than Love.

I love Russell Westbrook as though he were a member of my family but no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

After hearing we may want to give up 3/10 to get 1 and take Wiggins, I didn't feel it was worth it. But whoever made the very simple yet true statement of "The Sixers have a poo poo ton of young players already" pretty much sold me with one post that it'd be worth it.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

mikeraskol posted:

Maybe I was seeing things, but every UCLA game I watched Kyle Anderson just looked so very slow and unathletic. I remember thinking, even as he was putting up 20 points and a bunch of assists, that I can't see how he would be even a mediocre NBA player.

I dunno, MV and I (or maybe just MV I don't remember my own opinions) were on the record as saying Kendall Marshall would be useless for a lot of the same reasons and here he is, serviceable (based on his unsustainable jumper but whatever)

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Declan MacManus posted:

I dunno, MV and I (or maybe just MV I don't remember my own opinions) were on the record as saying Kendall Marshall would be useless for a lot of the same reasons and here he is, serviceable (based on his unsustainable jumper but whatever)

I think he's probably still mostly worthless

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Declan MacManus posted:

You were right up until the Lakers grabbed him off the scrap heap and D'Antoni was able to work his Jeremy Lin magic on him

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
"Serviceable" is pretty much the definition of Marshall. Sometimes he'll score, but he usually won't, but he will usually get 7-12 assists a night even if he's not shooting the ball, and his defense isn't the worst. The question I have is that he seems to react really negatively to not starting and his numbers nosedived even if his minutes stayed the same, and if Nash is healthahahahah...if circumstances cause him to have to come off the bench next season, then he may be in fact completely worthless.

I don't know, though, my confidence in the fact that either him or Farmar can put up serviceable numbers at the point is why I am for the Lakers going for a big.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I just saw a Woj tweet about some guy named Walter Tavares working on buying out of his Euroball contract so he can enter the draft? How good is he?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Ty1990 posted:

After hearing we may want to give up 3/10 to get 1 and take Wiggins, I didn't feel it was worth it. But whoever made the very simple yet true statement of "The Sixers have a poo poo ton of young players already" pretty much sold me with one post that it'd be worth it.

Everyone's ignoring the fact that this is coming out of the mouth of Anthony Gargano.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"
Not quite as edited as other workout videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpD09dqntZs

Icy Penguigo
Nov 7, 2010

pylb posted:

Marcus Smart showing off his shooting prowess

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

pylb posted:

They all look stiff shooting the ball, Smart less so but he was really inaccurate in that vid.

edit: LaVine seems to have a little hitch too.

Boosh! fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jun 6, 2014

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Icy Penguigo posted:

Marcus Smart showing off his shooting prowess

He was apparently not very interesting in the scrimmage workout either but I haven't seen any footage of it yet.

birds
Jun 28, 2008

Ty1990 posted:

It wouldn't just be 3/10 for the first pick, would it? I don't know why the Cavs would agree to that.

Edit: Or I should say, I wouldn't agree to that.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Macintosh posted:

It wouldn't just be 3/10 for the first pick, would it? I don't know why the Cavs would agree to that.

Edit: Or I should say, I wouldn't agree to that.

If you don't think there's a big gap between the Top 3 I think it makes a lot of sense. I don't think I'd do it if I were the Sixers. I like Wiggins a lot but there's a pretty decent chance he falls to them anyway and they need a ton of help. I'd rather have Parker/Embiid and the 10th pick than just Wiggins.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Oh wow, I didn't realize that OKC originally drafted Bledsoe

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

I just saw a Woj tweet about some guy named Walter Tavares working on buying out of his Euroball contract so he can enter the draft? How good is he?
He's listed at either 7'2" or 7'3". It doesn't matter how good he is. Someone will draft him.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

IcePhoenix posted:

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Walter-Tavares-48916/

Basically he sounds like Roy Hibbert if Roy Hibbert didn't start playing basketball until 3 years ago. Not a bad gamble to take later in the draft.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Tavares isn't much of a leaper. It's not like he'll need to be in the air much (and it's not like he's Rudy Gobert either) but that combined with his rawness and playing in the slower ACB would make me a bit concerned for how he'll transition, but the sooner he gets over here the better. Plus, how many times do you want a prospect where you read "Offensively is where ___________ lack of experience and polish shows the most at the moment."

Also:

quote:

Additionally, can he can stay healthy. Players his size are rarely very durable, especially with feet as large as his (he reportedly has high arches), despite the fact that he hasn't missed a single game in the past year and a half.

GIVONYYYYYY

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
:siren: Don't click this if you hate the Lakers :siren:

I think it's a pretty interesting to see what basically amounts to the second tier of the draft class thinks of themselves and I guess you could just skip the sections where they talk about how much they love the Lakers and Kobe.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Rick posted:

I think it's a pretty interesting to see what basically amounts to the second tier of the draft class thinks of themselves and I guess you could just skip the sections where they talk about how much they love the Lakers and Kobe.

McDermott sounds realistic about himself at least in his self-comps and perceived weaknesses. Whether that means anything at the next level would remain to be seen, and I'm not sure he's the sort of guy the Lakers need, but he seems pretty cool in that, at least.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
No one has ever compared you to Chris Paul, Elfried, stop that.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

MourningView posted:

No one has ever compared you to Chris Paul, Elfried, stop that.

-Short
-Louisiana ties
-Irrationally loved by SamuraiFoochs

I think there's a case to be made

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Rick posted:

Haha folks going up to Elfrid telling him he's just like three title-winning future HoF PGs okay

Anyways I'm on board Elfrid for MVP

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Zach Lavine sounds pretty smart - his answers show a lot more attention to the details of the game than something like "I need to shoot better."

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Donnie Nelson is in Europe looking at Dario Saric and a few other prospects. Mavs may be trying to trade for a lotto pick.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Speaking of non-US players Exum is only working out for the top 4 teams. That seems kind of risky.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He's def going 4 at least though.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

euphronius posted:

There's a real good chance he is but it's not guaranteed, the Magic could decide they like Smart more or go for Randle or something so working out with the Celtics and Lakers would probably be a good idea. We will just have to see how his agents games work out I guess.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

euphronius posted:

"At least" is an awfully strange way to word it when there is absolutely no chance he goes higher than that unless Wiggins, Parker, or Embiid contract ebola sometime in the next month. And he's hardly a lock for the Magic.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Exum has a promise from the Cavs. Please spread this rumor as though it were fact.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Uhh, Exum's biggest problem is not enough game tape on him and he's limiting who he talks to to essentially one team that will actually draft him? I'm calling him my bust pick.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Rick posted:

Speaking of non-US players Exum is only working out for the top 4 teams. That seems kind of risky.

I had to watch my team draft Dion Waiters after he literally bluffed every lottery GM by doing that. It's fine if his agent is good. And really, he's on the prospect tier just below the big 3 (Embiid, Wiggins, Parker) but ahead of guys like Randle or Smart, so he's not risking much.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

How do people know that Exum is good?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

big boi posted:

How do people know that Exum is good?

Excellent mouthfeel. Very easy to imagine Mike Breen calling "BANG! DAN-TE EXUM WITH A HUGE BASKET! AND THE _(TBD)S_ GO UP BY TWO!"

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

Uhh, Exum's biggest problem is not enough game tape on him and he's limiting who he talks to to essentially one team that will actually draft him? I'm calling him my bust pick.

Look I'm pretty sure a big man as athletic as Yi Jianlian will at least be something so it's a pretty safe pick

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

TheGreyGhost posted:

I had to watch my team draft Dion Waiters after he literally bluffed every lottery GM by doing that. It's fine if his agent is good. And really, he's on the prospect tier just below the big 3 (Embiid, Wiggins, Parker) but ahead of guys like Randle or Smart, so he's not risking much.

Is he though? Gordon and Vonleh seem to be moving up and Randle and Smart have the "NBA ready" tags which might be more along the lines of what the Kings and Lakers are looking for. I would imagine he probably doesn't slide past the Hornets but that's a big money drop which matters for a guy who needs to contribute to a buyout to come over.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Rick posted:

Is he though? Gordon and Vonleh seem to be moving up and Randle and Smart have the "NBA ready" tags which might be more along the lines of what the Kings and Lakers are looking for. I would imagine he probably doesn't slide past the Hornets but that's a big money drop which matters for a guy who needs to contribute to a buyout to come over.

Kemba being decent enough + the Bismack Biyombo experiment would probably be enough to scare off the Hornets. Stuff like this makes me think they're going to trade it away or grab a low-upside shooter, anyway.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

morestuff posted:

Kemba being decent enough + the Bismack Biyombo experiment would probably be enough to scare off the Hornets. Stuff like this makes me think they're going to trade it away or grab a low-upside shooter, anyway.

Yeah I was actually confusing them for the Pelicans who need another guard. Ugh I'm going to do that a lot for a while.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Rick posted:

Yeah I was actually confusing them for the Pelicans who need another guard. Ugh I'm going to do that a lot for a while.

The one thing the Pelicans don't need is a guard. They have Jrue, Gordon, and Tyreke as the heavy minute guys then Roberts, Rivers, and Pierre Jackson as backups.

They need a SF desperately, though. Wonder if they will be able to buy a pick late in the first or somewhere in the second to compete with... Darius Miller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Rick posted:

The Sixers have the former Hornets/now Pelicans #10 and every time I see "Hornets #9" I'm puzzled for a few seconds.

• Locked thread