Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's ultimately going to end up as Goldust's partner?
This poll is closed.
:gerty: Adam Rose :gerty: 30 8.96%
:420: Evan Bourne :420: 29 8.66%
:corsair: Rob Van Dam :corsair: 18 5.37%
:wcc: Vacant :wcc: 40 11.94%
218 65.07%
Total: 335 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
OP WRITTEN BY CHOKES MCGEE, EXECUTIVE PRODUCER CHOKES MCGEE, DIRECTED BY CHOKES MCGEE

WRESTLING!

YOUR INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMP

YOUR TAG CHAMPS

THIS FELLA

JOHN CENA

Paige is a very attractive young lady.

WHO THE gently caress IS CHAMP? WHO KNOWS

Here is a thread for wrestling. Discuss.

Ragnarok the Red fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jun 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
That was a pretty bad Raw

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Facebook spoiled Raw for me, so I went ahead and spoiled the rest. Skip it?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Professor Funk posted:

That was a pretty bad Raw

I turned it off as soon as Cena came out to rescue the shield.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Facebook spoiled Raw for me, so I went ahead and spoiled the rest. Skip it?

Watch Ambrose's promo.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
Raw was great for the first hour to hour and a half and then, whoo boy

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Hey everybody watch my video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKg6iAGoQO8

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
God dammit, someone ALWAYS creates a thread when I finally decide to get off my rear end and make one. :mad:

Someone decide which one we're going with here. If it's not mine, I'll close it.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Rollins's theme is great for all the reasons Cesaro's theme sucks.

Damien Sandow is amazing.

That about sums up raw.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Okie doke, looks like this one. Sad, I put effort into mine and everything :smith:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chokes McGee posted:

Okie doke, looks like this one. Sad, I put effort into mine and everything :smith:

Send your effort post to the OP here so it doesn't go to waste.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Why is this not "BOOYAKA BOOYAKA for 6/9"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Alteisen posted:

Send your effort post to the OP here so it doesn't go to waste.

Well, when I say effort...

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Raw sucked except for the Main Event and Bo Dallas. When the crowd started to boo and he yelled out "he's doing his best!" I laughed. If they give him a decent theme and tone down the post-match celebration he could be a legit top heel in the future.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
Kill everyone who didn't vote for the last poll option.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Niwrad posted:

Raw sucked except for the Main Event and Bo Dallas. When the crowd started to boo and he yelled out "he's doing his best!" I laughed. If they give him a decent theme and tone down the post-match celebration he could be a legit top heel in the future.

His finisher is also terrible (or is that the point)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Ragnarok the Red posted:

OP WRITTEN BY CHOKES MCGEE, EXECUTIVE PRODUCER CHOKES MCGEE, DIRECTED BY CHOKES MCGEE

CHOKES MCGEE IN: CHOKES MCGEE, THE CHOKES MCGEE STORY

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Chokes McGee posted:

I got your back, mang. :respek:

Carver Crisis posted:

Kill everyone who didn't vote for the last poll option.

But then Vacant will be sad :smith:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Cut and paste from Brandon Stroud on Uproxx.

WWE Raw results:

- The show began with Triple H and Stephanie McMahon stripping Daniel Bryan of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship and turning the Money in the Bank ladder match into a championship ladder match. Bryan wasn’t there, but they had the belts, somehow. The Authority put Randy Orton into the MITB match without a qualifier.

1. Money in the Bank Qualifying Match: Sheamus defeated Bad News Barrett. Sheamus won by pinfall with a Brogue Kick.

2. Rusev defeated Zack Ryder. Another quick submission win for Rusev.

3. Rybaxel defeated Goldust and R-Truth. Truth was Cody Rhodes’ latest choice for Goldust’s new tag team partner. Goldust lost the match to a Curtis Axel roll-up. Everyone was disappointed.

- Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose beat up 3MB, then cut a promo about how they planned to beat up Seth Rollins later in the show.

4. The Usos defeated Fandango and Damien Sandow. The Usos won with a splash. Damien Sandow was dressed as an interpretive dancer. Before the match, Summer Rae had jumped Layla backstage and poured milk on her. I don’t know.

5. Bo Dallas defeated Xavier Woods. Bo won with a Bo-dog.

6. Money in the Bank Qualifying Match: Cesaro defeated Rob Van Dam. Cesaro pinned Van Dam following a Neutralizer.

- Seth Rollins had a sit-down (and also stand-up) interview with Michael Cole. He said he had to adapt, and that he didn’t sell out, he “bought in.” After the interview, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns showed up, but were cut off by the Wyatt Family. Thankfully JOHN CENA was around to make the save for The Shield, and that’s a thing that is happening.

7. Paige defeated Alicia Fox. Paige won by submission with the PTO modified Scorpion Crosslock. After the match, Alicia beat up Aksana.

8. Jack Swagger defeated Santino Marella. Swagger won with a gutwrench powerbomb.

9. Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose and John Cena defeated The Wyatt Family. Roman Reigns pinned Luke Harper with a spear. Earlier in the night, Triple H had promised this would be the last time we’d see The Shield, but nothing else of note happened.

Also, I posted a joke in last week's thread about Sting never drawing a dime, and it was a lovely joke about the Observer Hall of Fame denying him entry for like two decades now. You simply can't argue with a 1.9 buyrate for Starrcade '97 and I'm pretty sure the gate was great as well. Apologies to the terrible discussion that was started as a result that I didn't get a chance to clear up before the thread was closed.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I liked Raw a lot.

HHH and Stephanie killed it, Ambrose killed it, Rollins did a pretty good job, Barrett/Sheamus was really good and the main event was really good. The rest wasn't dire even though I had to see Cesaro/RVD again.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
alot of good matches in the first two hours and then it crapped out in the final hour.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I thought Rollins did pretty great. He kind of nailed the cold, clinical delivery. Considering the lines he was saying, serious suit heel actually worked for him.

Incendiary Pig
Nov 3, 2006

Totally out of control
My buddy and I decided on a whim to go to Raw tonight, so we bought some tickets from a scalper. Here's my thoughts:

-They weren't selling any Dolph Ziggler t-shirts. I really wanted a Dolph Ziggler t-shirt.

-It sucks that Daniel Bryan wasn't there, I wanted to yell YES with a bunch of other people

-Haven't watched Raw in a while, this was my first exposure to Bo Dallas. I am 100% a Bo-liever.

-The crowd booed the poo poo out of Triple H, Stephanie, Paul Heyman (after the Lesnar fake out), and Seth Rollins. Not sure how this came across on TV.

-I had a lot of fun cheering for John Cena

-Disappointed that I didn't get to see a BIG SWING, but I'm happy RVD lost because gently caress RVD

-Paige/Fox match was fun. I really liked Paige's submission finisher

-No dark match, which was too bad.

-Raw will be back in Minneapolis on December 22nd. Hooray Christmas and wrestling!

I had a blast. Wrestling is so much fun to see live.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

http://www3.zippyshare.com/v/86192395/file.html heres the materials to do op's if people want em

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

Writer Cath posted:

I thought Rollins did pretty great. He kind of nailed the cold, clinical delivery. Considering the lines he was saying, serious suit heel actually worked for him.

I agree. Could have executed better, but with Cole guiding the interview, it didn't have much hype nor heat really. Felt like WWE tried to bank on the crowd being hot on the Shield too much. I much rather preferred if Triple H hyped up Rollins way more while Rollins was doing the interview. Cole, like his commentary, sounded extremely flat and it did not help what Rollins was trying to convey much. Rollins had to carry that segment, but was inexperienced to do so. But all and all, I appreciate the effort, and I really do appreciate how far Rollins has come from his indie days. And with the rate he's going, he can only get better.

Another highlight promo was from Dean. Man what a promo. Really gruesome in his words and his demeanor. I really hope Dean becomes like a Roddy Piper in the future. His delivery and mannerisms are so great and old school. Felt refreshing to see that especially after watching old wrestling tapes on the Network. I really hope people can learn from Dean that there is more to facial and verbal expressions than to look and sound smug.

Raw was really entertaining to me. That's all I can ask for at this point. I'm just here for the ride. Too tired to complain about the lovely parts, but felt like the highlights made up for it.

I hope the WWE can maintain its momentum in creating new stars because at this point, they are hurting for new ones. I can't believe the main event scene is so barren at this point. The only babyface in the main event scene is Cena. The only person I can think of after him is Sheamus really.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Dean Ambrose is the best. Tonight he cut the best promo and gave the best in ring performance. Dude owns.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
Also, kudos to Sandow. Man, what a trooper. He's been really entertaining as of late with his goofball personas. Man, that is what I love about wrestling. Just dumb hilarious gimmicks on a carny level. And the best thing is that the crowd is getting notice of his commitment to these dumb characters. While I do wish they would do something to elevate him, he's been on a tear. Super entertaining.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i got to see Obama lift tiny weights and Putin shirtless, five star raw

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.

Memento posted:

Summer Rae had jumped Layla backstage and poured milk on her. I don’t know.

Actually, this was clarified. He poured milk on her because of a Johnny Curtis promo from NXT where he poured milk on himself and said "There is no use crying over spilled milk."

This may sound ridiculous, but...

*ahem*

AND I QUOTE

@WWEFandango posted:

Can't cry over spilled milk

So there. Summer Rae poured milk on Layla because of a random nonsensical promo from years ago.

E: he might have deleted it as I can't find it, but it was there

cucka fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jun 10, 2014

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Raw peaked with the giant Russian flag unfurling from the rafters after Rusev's victory.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
Thanks for reminding me how much I enjoyed Lana and rusev tonight. Hope they can actually get a feud going. Maybe a swagger face turn with zeb? Doubt it. Dunno who can represent America at this point to battle with rusev. Anyways hope they can continue to stay entertaining. Rusev and his medal and his Russian theme reminds me of a Russian Kurt angle.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.

Pistol Packin Poet posted:

Thanks for reminding me how much I enjoyed Lana and rusev tonight. Hope they can actually get a feud going. Maybe a swagger face turn with zeb? Doubt it. Dunno who can represent America at this point to battle with rusev. Anyways hope they can continue to stay entertaining. Rusev and his medal and his Russian theme reminds me of a Russian Kurt angle.

Wonder what the three I's would be with Russian origins.

Charisma
Character
Coordination
Preparation?

E: With the Ukraine situation, coordination and preparation were fundamental in the whole thing. So it makes sense.

cucka fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jun 10, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chokes McGee posted:

Yo maybe you should put effort into getting the date right next time if you want people to use your thread.

And I also turned RAW off after Cena made the save and it sounds like that was the right decision.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.

IcePhoenix posted:

Yo maybe you should put effort into getting the date right next time if you want people to use your thread.

And I also turned RAW off after Cena made the save and it sounds like that was the right decision.

No the main was fine and Roman was the one to finish the thing. Cena got his rear end kicked mostly once the match started. He almost instantly went into face in peril from my perception. Dean looked like a maniac and Roman looked like a durable warrior capable of finishing the job. The main was good.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

cucka posted:

Actually, this was clarified. He poured milk on her because of a Johnny Curtis promo from NXT where he poured milk on himself and said "There is no use crying over spilled milk."

This may sound ridiculous, but...

*ahem*

AND I QUOTE

So there. Summer Rae poured milk on Layla because of a random nonsensical promo from years ago.

E: he might have deleted it as I can't find it, but it was there

Should have went all the way.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

You missed a real fun trios match.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

I Before E posted:

You missed a real fun trios match.

I'm okay with missing this because I am 100% against Cena teaming up with The Shield in any way.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Must have missed a great Raw if it's 1:30 and the thread is still on page one.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I missed RAW. Where can I find the full version of Seth's interview segment and where can I listen to his new theme?

I presume the two are in the same video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO

Fibby Boy posted:

I turned it off as soon as Cena came out to rescue the shield.

This as well for me. Anything with Cena and the Wyatts just makes me change the channel, which makes me sad, since I really like Bray.

• Locked thread