Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

:siren: :siren: Vita TV means death; PSTV has been discontinued in Japan, so possibility of future games being incompatible is more likely.

If you are importing an Asian basic model make sure you have a Dualshock 3 for the initial setup, as it may ship with an older firmware which doesn't support a DS4.
:siren: :siren:

Now out effectively everywhere. It's now called the "Playstation TV," and is black in Western territories instead of the Asian version's white.

North American INcompatibility list here: http://physicalgames.wordpress.com/pstv/

This thread is specifically for discussion of the Playstation TV device itself, including mentions of compatible Vita game sales on the relevant PSN stores. For more general discussion of the PS Vita handheld and its games, go to this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3466426

Released November 15th 2013 in Japan, with a Southeast Asian release in the following months, and gradually making its way through the rest of the world, the Playstation TV (formerly known as the Vita TV in Asia and Japan) is the smallest console ever made.

It is effectively a Playstation Vita with HDMI out to hook up to your HDCP-capable TV or streaming/capture rig. It's capable of 720p, 1080i and 480p output with custom picture scaling for dealing with TV overscan, uses a Dualshock 3 or 4 for controlling, and you can have up to 4 controllers hooked up for playing downloaded PS1 classics, PS4 remote play, and planned upcoming Vita games. It will also play almost all downloadable PSP games and Playstation Mini titles, and work as a PS4 extender. Game output in 720p looks like this:

About 2/3rds of the Vita games released are compatible; incompatible games tend to be the games which make heavy use of the touch screen and touch pad, although when needed it's possible to simulate touch screen interaction on a basic level by holding L2 or R2 or using a Dualshock 4's touchpad, but it's not fast enough to use for something like a rhythm game (e.g. DJ Max Technica Tune), or a regular game where the touch screen and camera are major parts of the game's functionality (e.g. Tearaway).

Rear panel:

Left to right:
Power button (basically works the same as on a PS3)
Slot for Vita memory card (for storage)
USB port for controller sync/charge - this does NOT work for connecting USB headsets or other controllers like fight sticks. Only official DualShock controllers are compatible.
HDMI Out (note: output is HDCP protected like the PS3, so if you want to stream/capture with it you'll need a bypass method)
Ethernet port (unit is also wireless-capable)
AC adapter plug

There is also a covered slot on the side for physical copies of games to go into.

Console bundles:

A standalone version of the console in black is available for $99 in North America, although it doesn't include any games, nor a Vita memory card (the device has 1 gigs internally you can use for smaller games) or a controller (you will have to provide your own Dualshock 3 or Dualshock 4 and an appropriate USB cable to sync the controller).

A special bundle including an 8 gig Vita memory card, black Dualshock 3 controller+USB cable, and a digital download code for The Lego Movie videogame is available for $139.

Similar bundles for about the same prices exist in Asia/Japan, although the more expensive bundle doesn't include a game and the console/controller are white. If you must have a white console, note that the confirm/cancel default buttons are swapped (O is confirm and X is cancel) and this can't be changed. Also, the "home" page which shows up whenever you close a title is region-specific, so a Japanese unit will always show the Japanese "Home" page regardless of the region of the console-bound account.

Using the console:

- Holding the PS button will access a menu used for shutting down the console, and enabling touch screen mode (you push L2 or R2 to activate a cursor representing the front and rear touch pads, move them with the L and R analog sticks, and click L3 or R3 to touch). If you're using a Dualshock 4 you can also use the touchpad.

- Triangle on the main bubble menu enables edit mode, from which you can move bubbles, delete/move things etc.

- When on a game page, hold the cancel button to close it (replicates the "tearing off page" closing effect)

- The console wakes frequently to verify if it has pending downloads/updates. At least on my setup, this triggers the TV enough to prompt if I want to switch inputs. YMMV on your setup.

An incompatible game will still install the bubble as normal and can even patch, but attempting to launch the game will give you an error message immediately. On a technical level this doesn't seem to apply to PS1 games, which all seem to be launchable as long as you can get them installed (although this hasn't been conclusively determined)

Pictured is Killzone: Mercenary, which wasn't compatible at the time of that picture but works now.

Installing software:

If you already own a Playstation Vita, you can share the same memory card between the handheld and the Playstation TV console as long as they're both registered using the same PSN account. (Attempting to use different accounts may result in the memory card being flagged as "corrupt" and formatted) You can also use the content manager with a PC and PS3 and transfer the same game install data between units that way.

The store page accessed from a Playstation TV has a specific section where only compatible games are listed, although a few games are compatible despite not being in this list, such as Soul Sacrifice Delta. Everything normally downloadable with a handheld Vita can be found via a search, and anything can be downloaded, although known incompatible games will warn you before proceeding. This warning doesn't appear if downloading using the download list.

Remote connection to a PS4

Like with the Vita handheld, the PS4Link icon will connect to the primary activated PS4 console that is using the same account as the Playstation TV. It is also possible to connect additional DualShock controllers (up to 4) which can then sign in to the PS4 normally (using either a guest account or an already-configured account on the PS4).

Japanese list of compatible games released in Japan: http://search.jp.playstation.com/search?charset=utf-8&group=1&design=2&psvtvCard=1&psvtvDownload=1&psvtvDownloadCard=1
North American Compatibility List: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5376
European Compatbility List: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/09/22/playstation-tv-release-date-price-full-list-compatible-games-2/
English VitaTV page for Hong Kong, including list of compatible games: http://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/psvitatv
North American INcompatibility list (maintained by me): http://physicalgames.wordpress.com/pstv/

univbee fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Feb 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Curious to see if it will work with PS3 accessories like fightsticks and stuff.

Also want this in the US as soon as possible.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated
The unfortunate thing is that I could see Vita TV doing fairly well in the West if Sony would have decent amount of streaming apps on it and Youtube. The problem is games though and needing devs patch them. Personally, I'd buy it for P4G, Ys, Dangonropa, Muramasa and a few other games as well as to stream PS4 down to another room. Another use would be for Japanese account but I really wish Sony would allow multiple accounts for at least Vita TV like they do on PS3. Throw in most of the apps that are there on PS3 like Hulu, Amazon, Netflix, Plex, etc... and it would be a nice little box.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

oblomov posted:

The unfortunate thing is that I could see Vita TV doing fairly well in the West if Sony would have decent amount of streaming apps on it and Youtube. The problem is games though and needing devs patch them. Personally, I'd buy it for P4G, Ys, Dangonropa, Muramasa and a few other games as well as to stream PS4 down to another room. Another use would be for Japanese account but I really wish Sony would allow multiple accounts for at least Vita TV like they do on PS3. Throw in most of the apps that are there on PS3 like Hulu, Amazon, Netflix, Plex, etc... and it would be a nice little box.

poo poo, for me, it's worth it alone for PS4 streaming if they patch it to let you use a Dual Shock 4 on the VitaTV. That way you could set up your PS4 on your big fancy living room TV, have the VitaTV in your bedroom to play PS4 games in bed without moving the console, and have your significant other laugh at you for being an alpha goon.

*Edit* Why does Sony not want me to give them money for this? Just release it in NA already. :smithicide:

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Mar 7, 2014

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
I just got done playing some Puyo Puyo Tetris on my Vita TV. Even though you have to use the Dual shock 3, I think it controls better and is more fun to play than on the Vita itself. Some games like that transfer very well to the system, where others, like Touch my Katamari, work better on the Vita itself since it was originally ment for it. I do like playing all of my Vita games on it though. It's much easier to play the PS1/PC Engine game archive stuff with a DS3 as well.

I just wish they revamp the UI to make it work for TVs and actually get more real streaming apps. Youtube is still not supported, and nearly all of the Japanese streaming sites besides NicoNico and Hulu are HTML App wrappers and total poo poo. Not to mention really expensive to use if you actually want to watch something with them.. The music app "works", but unlike the PS3 it does not use any visualizations when playing songs. Now, My bedroom TV is an old Vizio plasma. It does retain images if they are static on the screen. So for media playback, it's a bit crap. It does work, but you're probably not going to do too much with it.

Basically, if you don't have a HK account and want to roll the dice on English games, nor have a Japanese account and some knowledge of Japanese, it's not worth importing. Now if it actually comes out in America... well, I'm still not sure. If you want a good, cheap media box, just buy an Apple TV or a Chromecast. This is nice for games, but don't expect it to replace those other media players. At least not yet. As long as you are going in knowing these faults and are okay with it, it does play games just fine.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

DeathSandwich posted:

poo poo, for me, it's worth it alone for PS4 streaming if they patch it to let you use a Dual Shock 4 on the VitaTV. That way you could set up your PS4 on your big fancy living room TV, have the VitaTV in your bedroom to play PS4 games in bed without moving the console, and have your significant other laugh at you for being an alpha goon.

I have my PS4 set up in my office on a monitor for fighting games. I'd love to be able to stream to my large plasma tv in the living room. (For games where I don't need to worry about input lag or stuff.)

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

If this came out in english / supporting english games I'd buy it.

E: I mean more than the handful that currently work on an imported one.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

DeathSandwich posted:

poo poo, for me, it's worth it alone for PS4 streaming if they patch it to let you use a Dual Shock 4 on the VitaTV.

Huh, I didn't even think to try this. Does a DS4 for-sure not work on the VitaTV? I'll try it when I get home.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

univbee posted:

Huh, I didn't even think to try this. Does a DS4 for-sure not work on the VitaTV? I'll try it when I get home.

I did try it when I got it, and it did not work. Maybe it does now though? All of the averts for it show the PS4 stuff being played with a DS3 though, so :shrug:.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Drastic Actions posted:

Related to our discussion on horrible anime before, Moe Moe DaiSenSou just got put up as a JPN PS+ game.

Guess I know what I'll be playin' tonight!

:suicide:

This game is Vita TV compatible. Also for Japanese PS+ havers, Ys: Memories of Celceta (in Japanese) is a PS+ freebie and is also Vita TV compatible.

If anyone wants to dive into Japanese PS+ it's 500 yen for 1 month, 1200 yen for 3 months or 5000 yen for a year; the cheapest place I've found for Japanese yen PSN cards is http://jp-ecards.ocnk.net/, which sells 500 yen codes (albeit at like a $3 markup) and various higher denominations up to 10000 yen for something like a $10-$15 markup over a straight exchange. Considering the next-best site is Play-Asia which charges $20 higher for 10k yen codes it's pretty decent.

I popped my old 32 gig card into the Vita TV after upgrading my actual Vita to a 64 and it's already full just from like 3 months' worth of PS+ stuff. :stare:

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
The NHK On Demand "App" was released a few days ago. It's another loving web app :argh:. For something really wanting to be a media device, it sure does a lovely job at it! Who the gently caress wants to fuss with a DS3 trying to get the crappy web browser to work so they can watch a show, when they can just get there iPhone and airplay the same thing over. At least try to give me a good experience, not a stupid web app man. :(

Not like it matters much. NHK charges around 100 yen an episode or so, and there is nothing I really have to watch. But still, it's the principle of the thing drat it.

Oh yeah, there is also a one month free campaign going on for Hulu. You can download the app and get your code from there (or sign up directly in the app). And they take Paypal so if you like it you don't even need to use a Japanese credit card. Note that you still need a VPN. Hulu in Japan is not nearly as bad as the other streaming services, in that it's by far the cheapest at $10 a month.

Not sure anyone will care, considering that I'm pretty sure univbee is the only other person to import one. But hey.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
The new 3.10 firmware is out now for the Vita and Vita TV. It's the same for both systems but the Vita TV gets one big extra feature. First, it still does not have PS4 link (:argh:), but it finally has DualShock 4 support. Support for it is pretty basic (I.E, the touchpad is not supported), but I just tried it in a few games and it works fine.

Still though, no PS4 link, no remote play. The one thing I really want to try, the one thing they really advertised, and it's still not there yet.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Drastic Actions posted:

The new 3.10 firmware is out now for the Vita and Vita TV. It's the same for both systems but the Vita TV gets one big extra feature. First, it still does not have PS4 link (:argh:), but it finally has DualShock 4 support. Support for it is pretty basic (I.E, the touchpad is not supported), but I just tried it in a few games and it works fine.

More to the point, it works wirelessly. This is a pretty sweet upgrade, except now I need to scrounge up another DS4. Also they need to release more DS4 colors. :argh:

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

univbee posted:

More to the point, it works wirelessly. This is a pretty sweet upgrade, except now I need to scrounge up another DS4. Also they need to release more DS4 colors. :argh:

I also lied. The touchpad does not work on the home screen. It DOES work in games and apps though that support the thumbsticks as touchpad controls. Oops.

EDIT: It works the same as the two thumbsticks, more or less. It does use multitouch. Man, I could not have been more wrong :v:.

Drastic Actions fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 26, 2014

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is there no way to use headphones with the Vita TV at all? I've been thinking all day of how I might do that but I still have no clue. I was all excited when I saw that PS4 controllers were supported, but not the microphone jack it seems.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is there no way to use headphones with the Vita TV at all? I've been thinking all day of how I might do that but I still have no clue. I was all excited when I saw that PS4 controllers were supported, but not the microphone jack it seems.

I can think of a few ways but yeah, they're way more complex than they should be. Ultimately you need to get the audio out from the HDMI to some format your headset can deal with. Some TV sets will output to optical, which is supported by some wireless headsets, you can also get powered boxes like HDMI splitters that will breakout the audio to optical or some form of analog.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

univbee posted:

I can think of a few ways but yeah, they're way more complex than they should be. Ultimately you need to get the audio out from the HDMI to some format your headset can deal with. Some TV sets will output to optical, which is supported by some wireless headsets, you can also get powered boxes like HDMI splitters that will breakout the audio to optical or some form of analog.
I'm using a Sony Gold headset, you'd think they would have made some kind of accommodation for headsets like that since the Vita TV has a USB port right in it. It's not worth spending money on all that other stuff for; I don't use the Vita TV very much.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

To necromance a little, upcoming 1.70 update is finally going to add in PS4 remote play support. I also posted the compatible games list to a wordpress site, alongside lists of physical-only games on the last few generations of consoles.

http://physicalgames.wordpress.com/vitatv/

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm using a Sony Gold headset, you'd think they would have made some kind of accommodation for headsets like that since the Vita TV has a USB port right in it. It's not worth spending money on all that other stuff for; I don't use the Vita TV very much.

Isn't the Vita TV still a Japanese product? I don't see headsets being as much of a 'thing' in Japan as it is in USA. It could work in a future update, maybe after the tv has been released over here?

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
With the new update pushed out today, we finally got remote play on the Vita TV!

Overall I would say it works quite well. It's the same as you would get on the Vita itself, except now you can use a DS3 or DS4. And of course play it on your TV :v:.

The video quality does take a hit, but I could see myself setting it up on a smaller 720p TV and having it be quite useful. Hell, the Vita TV has more media capability than the PS4 right now (which is saying something), so I could always remote play into the PS4 to play a game, then switch out to watch something on Nico video. Which is pretty cool.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Drastic Actions posted:

With the new update pushed out today, we finally got remote play on the Vita TV!

Overall I would say it works quite well. It's the same as you would get on the Vita itself, except now you can use a DS3 or DS4. And of course play it on your TV :v:.

The video quality does take a hit, but I could see myself setting it up on a smaller 720p TV and having it be quite useful. Hell, the Vita TV has more media capability than the PS4 right now (which is saying something), so I could always remote play into the PS4 to play a game, then switch out to watch something on Nico video. Which is pretty cool.

Nice. You can only do it with your Vita TV's bound account, though, right?

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

univbee posted:

Nice. You can only do it with your Vita TV's bound account, though, right?

It's the same as the normal Vita, so I think that's the case.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

It sounds like remote play doesn't work in 1080p? Would it ever be possible to have it work in 1080p? I guess it's not that big of a deal..

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

The_Frag_Man posted:

It sounds like remote play doesn't work in 1080p? Would it ever be possible to have it work in 1080p? I guess it's not that big of a deal..

The Vita TV does not output in 1080p. The max is 1080i, and I think the actual video feed is 720p, but I'm not sure. I mean, it looked fine, but switching between the two you can really see the difference.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I did a whole bunch of digging and testing with what I can get my hands on, and I think I've almost narrowed down the "complete" list of compatible English Vita TV games:

Dragon's Crown
Lumines: Electronic Symphony
Muramasa Rebirth
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (NA only; European version is confirmed not working)
Persona 4 Golden
Rayman Origins (NA only; European version is confirmed not working)
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Valhalla Knights 3

The only two titles I'm not confident on are:

Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus

Does anyone know if either of those two games work? Can anyone confirm if any other game cards work? Based on my own testing and message board discussions I've found, it seems like what few other English-capable games exist are either download-only from Hong Kong, or have to be the asian version (this seems to be the case with Blazblue, Dead or Alive, Soul Sacrifice, Toukiden and several other titles).

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

I can't help you with your list but I'm glad you're maintaining the thread.
I wonder if we'll hear about a US/English release of the Vita TV at E3?
Personally I think the Vita TV is a dud unless it can at least display/stream video at 1080p..

univbee do you get much use out of your Vita TV?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The_Frag_Man posted:

Not currently but I would say that about every gaming device I own, I'm spread pretty thin. :v: I added those two games to my gameaccess rental queue, so hopefully I'll have the answer on those games in a few weeks at most if no one else has any info.

A slightly-reworked Vita TV that could do 1080p for streaming video/PS4 for the Americas, and had a saner whitelist would be pretty amazing.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

The_Frag_Man posted:

I can't help you with your list but I'm glad you're maintaining the thread.
I wonder if we'll hear about a US/English release of the Vita TV at E3?
Personally I think the Vita TV is a dud unless it can at least display/stream video at 1080p..

The chances are pretty slim to me. It's not selling that well in Japan, where it's really only beating the Xbox 360, and that's not saying much. The Vita TVs existence is really dependent on Apple at this point. I'm pretty sure it only exists because Sony thought Apple was going to start pushing the Apple TV into games, which they have heavily hint at, but have yet to commit to. I could see Sony start putting real effort back into the Vita TV if Apple actually did start pushing games and the Apple TV more.

Or maybe they're changing the UI for a NA release to make it pleasant to use :v:.

I still use my Vita TV, but it's mostly for NicoNico since it works with my premium subscription and timeshift stuff.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Looks like this is coming to America and Europe: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/06/playstation-tv-set-to-launch-fall-2014-in-north-america-europe/

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I dunno, I don't see why this exists as long as there's smartphones.

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises

Anatharon posted:

I dunno, I don't see why this exists as long as there's smartphones.

Well now I can play all the Vita games (the three of them) I want to play, and only shell out 100 bucks for it. Not a bad deal, and I don't have to hunch over on the Vita's tiny-rear end screen, I can lean back and play it on my TV.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I think the Vita TV has some good potential, given its huge library of past games; remember that every Vita-compatible PS1 and PSP game will work with it at least, and the size of the compatible English library should ramp up considerably. That's a much better library than something like a new Apple TV is likely to provide. And this probably means western accounts will have their portable license limit bumped up to 3 as well.

That being said, I'm surprised they didn't try to work out some sort of deal to include Minecraft instead of the Lego Movie game. :shrug:

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

univbee posted:

That's a much better library than something like a new Apple TV is likely to provide.

True, but people buy Apple TVs right now because their media support is insanely good; especially if you have an iPhone or iPad. The Vita TV, with its HTML streaming apps and horrible UI just can't compete with it on that front. It does not do much else right beyond games. Of course, those in this forum probably only care about that, so the other points are irrelevant. But for the general public, I can't see them looking at the Vita/PlayStation TV over something like an Apple TV.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I hate that the vita TV is coming in black in America. Anyone want to swap a white shell for a black one?

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

So if I read that right, the Playstation TV will require a PS4 to work? I thought the Vita TV was a stand-alone unit.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

iastudent posted:

So if I read that right, the Playstation TV will require a PS4 to work? I thought the Vita TV was a stand-alone unit.

Nope, but if you have a PS4 you can remote play it off the PS TV. It does need a Dual Shock 3/4 (and a Vita memory card).

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

iastudent posted:

No; it will work for PS4 remote play, which definitely does, but everything else works on its own, including the following:

Streaming video services (at least what's available on Vita now should work)
Vita-compatible PS1 classics
Vita-compatible PSP games
Some Vita games (the list of compatible games should expand nicely, I suspect most games that don't depend heavily on a touch screen like rhythm games should end up compatible)
Playstation Now streaming

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Drastic Actions posted:

True, but people buy Apple TVs right now because their media support is insanely good; especially if you have an iPhone or iPad. The Vita TV, with its HTML streaming apps and horrible UI just can't compete with it on that front.

I agree, hopefully the firmware will be greatly improved for the western release.

SurfinArbiter
Jul 3, 2013

Y
o
u

f
o
u
n
d

m
e

heh
I would totally buy it if more visual novel style games came to the Vita. It would be cool to just sit back and enjoy the Steins;gate game or Fate/Extra/Extra ccc (which I see is not on the list sadly). There are tons of games that I can think of that would be awesome to play on Vita TV but aren't available. Of course it still seems worth the buy because the potential of games that could be on it is pretty good.

SurfinArbiter fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jun 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

SurfinArbiter posted:

I would totally buy it if more visual novel style games came to the Vita. It would be cool to just sit back and enjoy the Steins;gate game or Fate/Extra/Extra ccc (which is see is not on the list sadly). There are tons of games that I can think of that would be awesome to play on Vita TV but aren't available. Of course it still seems worth the buy because the potential of games that could be on it is pretty good.

I think most Japanese Visual Novel games are compatible, it's just their English equivalents that weren't, but probably will be now that a Western release is pending.

• Locked thread