Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

How long before Charlton Heston is tugging himself off at the crime scene whilst advocating concealed carry battlefield weaponry.

That'll never happen.

(He died in 2008)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

That'll never happen.

(He died in 2008)

Did they pry his gun from his cold, dead hands?

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013

quote:

friendly fire....

drone

CNN says a helicopter

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Surely the logical NRA response would be to carry a larger firearm, so maybe a pair of AR-15's tucked down your trousers or an M-60 concealed in your babies push chair. How long before Charlton Heston is tugging himself off at the crime scene whilst advocating concealed carry battlefield weaponry.

I'm just waiting for the first open carry -v- stand your ground case. Daily Show had a good bit on it.

Also, if the anti-NRA crowd wants to get somewhere they should just have some black men in hoodies start open carrying around where old white people live. You'd have bipartisan anti-gun legislation passed by tomorrow (at the cost of a few collaterals).

Courthouse fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jun 10, 2014

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Can't wait to see how the pro-gun people spin this example of a guy concealed carrying stopping a potentially large massacre early by killing one of the two gunmen.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.

anne frank fanfic posted:

Can't wait to see how the pro-gun people spin this example of a guy concealed carrying stopping a potentially large massacre early by killing one of the two gunmen.

It's the same as how we probably stopped the next Hitler by droning villages in Pakistan. Duh.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Did Saddam have these kinds of problems when he ran Iraq? Dudes randomly seizing whole provinces and major citys?

Also :lol: that airport in Pakistan is getting hit again.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
Do we know how injured the two bad guys were before they murdersuicided? I read that one of the officers got a shot off and the responding officers traded shots as well. I wonder if anybody tagged these two douches and they ate bullets because they were wounded and out of gas.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

DrakeriderCa posted:

Do we know how injured the two bad guys were before they murdersuicided? I read that one of the officers got a shot off and the responding officers traded shots as well. I wonder if anybody tagged these two douches and they ate bullets because they were wounded and out of gas.

The concealed carry guy who everyone made fun of hit at least one of them, causing them to commit suicide.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

The concealed carry guy who everyone made fun of hit at least one of them, causing them to commit suicide.

I didn't hear that. I heard that he drew down on the husband and got blindsided by the wife without firing a shot.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Zeroisanumber posted:

I didn't hear that. I heard that he drew down on the husband and got blindsided by the wife without firing a shot.

I was the concealed carry guy who got killed, so I know.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

I was the concealed carry guy who got killed, so I know.

Can I have your gun? I promise I'll put it to better use than you ever did.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

Can I have your gun? I promise I'll put it to better use than you ever did.

Suicide is always the answer

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Zeroisanumber posted:

he was lectured by the wife about his wrongs and finally succumbed to her good logic and reason and turned the gun upon himself, which is why they draped his body with a don't tread on me flag, a sign of ultimate respect amongst free men on the land

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Meanwhile, in Mosul...

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/10/world/meast/iraq-violence/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

AllDogsGoodDogs
Dec 30, 2008
GG Maliki.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

JSARSOM posted:

GG Maliki.

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

:lol:

quote:

"We can't beat them. We can't. They are well-trained in street fighting, and we're not," one officer, whose identity was withheld, told Reuters. "We need a whole army to drive them out of Mosul."

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Now taking bets on how long before "I told you so!"s start flying.

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013
Countdown to the shias asking Iran to come bail their asses out.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Can't Obama just sell Iraq to Iran for cheap oil and be done with it?

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

Sounds a lot like 2004, but without the Stryker brigade to crack skulls and put poo poo back together.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I don't know if this is hilarious or sad. The government has lost the city and at least 500,000 people have fled at this point. The thing that is super funny to read are comments on news sites of people saying, "I told you so, this never would have happened under Saddam".

EBB fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 11, 2014

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

They couldn't make a good military with a legion of desperate unemployed men, unlimited U.S. money, American training, Iranian support, and a cohesive majority ethnic group.

lol

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
So all of these Iraqi militia dudes, we just spent the past decade giving them a hands-on course in fighting an organized military?

Cool.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I wonder how many miliseconds it took the Iraqi Police in Ramadi to decide to flip on the government. I haven't seen any news reports about them fighting the government yet, but when I was there those guys were basically working for the Sunni insurgency already and mostly got hired out of it so pretty much no chance they aren't wearing facemasks and cutting off heads right now. They probably have been the whole time, really.

Some of the pictures on the news show ISIS dudes riding in IP trucks.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Firearms aren't magic, you actually have to know what you're doing, like a soldier, or an off-duty cop, or (apparently) a maniac who's crazy enough to look up how to do it on the internet.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

They kidnapped the Turkish consul to Mosul and a bunch of Turkish truck drivers.

That's dumb.

Also they seem to be well on the way of taking Tikrit as well.

I just wish I could see how Dubya is taking this.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.

Sjurygg posted:

I just wish I could see how Dubya is taking this.

He's working it into an impressionist piece for his next art show.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's his Father's Day gift to George Sr. Cheney and Rumsfeld are celebrating by eiffel towering Condi.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
The WaPo did a story on Bergdahl based on a computer and some notebooks that he sent to a friend (girlfriend?) just before he wandered off to be a guest of the Taliban for the next few years. Looks like he was bounced out of the Coast Guard in 2006 before the Army took him in 2008. From what I can tell he shouldn't have been in any military force more intense and disciplined than an Airsoft league.

quote:

They described Bergdahl as an introspective young man who sometimes painted his fingernails black and identified with Japanese samurai warriors and medieval knights. He was often seen reading and writing in a notebook. He liked to portray himself as a dark, adventurous soul with a chivalrous spirit, a dramatic persona his friends often teased him about.

“There were two sides, one was this guy who was super sweet,” one of the friends said. “At the same time, there was this heady introspection.”

When he turned 18, Bergdahl began taking off on short-lived adventures. He told friends he was joining a sailing crew in Florida, going to France to join the French Foreign Legion, or setting out to bike around South America, only to reappear in Ketchum after a month or so.

So that guy you know who played a lot of Vampire: The Masquerade and basically went nowhere after highschool? This is where he ended up.

Bergdahl’s writings reveal a fragile young man

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

So that guy you know who played a lot of Vampire: The Masquerade and basically went nowhere after highschool? This is where he ended up.

That, "complete loser" and "dude who wants to hurt people" compose over half our enlisted ground forces though, so good luck.

Maybe we could start recruiting from the standpoint of "what positive attributes are we looking for" like every normal real job out there instead of just running candidates through a series of yes/no answer checklists and seeing if they meet a collection of absolute bare minimums and also making the environment appealing to the sort of recruits we want to attract and hahahahahaha sorry I can't finish

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

The WaPo did a story on Bergdahl based on a computer and some notebooks that he sent to a friend (girlfriend?) just before he wandered off to be a guest of the Taliban for the next few years. Looks like he was bounced out of the Coast Guard in 2006 before the Army took him in 2008. From what I can tell he shouldn't have been in any military force more intense and disciplined than an Airsoft league.

Bergdahl’s writings reveal a fragile young man
Shithead was reading Atlas Shrugged, typical. Someone is probably going to get something about hearing voices out of those quotes, seems to me he's just a lovely writer being melodramatic.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Who is Bowe Bergdahl?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So apparently ISIS stole around $429 Million Dollars when they took Mosul

quote:

The Islamic State of Iraq and al-Shams (Isis) has become the richest terror group ever after looting 500 billion Iraqi dinars - the equivalent of $429M (£256m) -- from Mosul's central bank, according to the regional governor.
Nineveh governor Atheel al-Nujaifi confirmed Kurdish televison reports that Isis militants had stolen millions from numerous banks across Mosul.

A large quantity of gold bullion is also believed to have been stolen.

Following the siege of the country's second city, the bounty collected by the group has left it richer than al-Qaeda itself and as wealthy as small nations such as Tonga, Kiribati, the Marshall Islands and the Falkland Islands.

Guys really liked Die Hard 3 apparently.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
So the coda to the Iraq War is that the country falls to guys who are even more radical than AQ. Which means that instead of accomplishing not very much we're actually worse off than if we'd never gone in the first place.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Zeroisanumber posted:

So the coda to the Iraq War is that the country falls to guys who are even more radical than AQ. Which means that instead of accomplishing not very much we're actually worse off than if we'd never gone in the first place.

It's a reverse Vietnam

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
the middle east will never be a good place, glass that poo poo.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mike-o posted:

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013

Zeroisanumber posted:

The post WWII technical win to abject failure ratio looks rather dim, yes.

quote:

Even the Arabs could not have managed to gently caress up this bad on their own, Washington had to work long and hard to instill the level of governmental mismanagement currently in place.

Courthouse fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jun 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

gfanikf posted:

So apparently ISIS stole around $429 Million Dollars when they took Mosul

Guys really liked Die Hard 3 apparently.

They're making nice progress towards their next formable

https://twitter.com/Dawla_NewsMedia/statuses/472750040424153089

• Locked thread