Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This isn't an attempt to get non-gamers to sign up for PS+ or anything, it's just added incentive for gamers to get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Aphrodite posted:

This isn't an attempt to get non-gamers to sign up for PS+ or anything, it's just added incentive for gamers to get it.

Yeah, it sounds like the same model as Prime, where it's free if you have the service, but you can buy episodes individually for $2-3 if you don't. And unlike Prime shows, I think this will be available on other services (but definitely don't quote me on that).

Interestingly enough there's also whispers that Sony might use this to revive Community. It's based on very little besides "the name of the show showed up on the screen of an E3 presentation alongside several other shows," though.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

DivisionPost posted:

Yeah, it sounds like the same model as Prime, where it's free if you have the service, but you can buy episodes individually for $2-3 if you don't. And unlike Prime shows, I think this will be available on other services (but definitely don't quote me on that).

Interestingly enough there's also whispers that Sony might use this to revive Community. It's based on very little besides "the name of the show showed up on the screen of an E3 presentation alongside several other shows," though.

That's the exact same image they used at last year's conference. I know I'm the guy who should be getting unreasonably hopeful but that doesn't change anything.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Irish Joe posted:

Kumail's great on Harmontown because he counterbalances Harmon's windbaggery, but I can't imagine he'd be that good hosting a show by himself. And, really, in the time it would take to listen to that podcast, couldn't I just watch the episodes he's talking about? What's the point?

Kumail does fine with Indoor Kids for years now, although he doesn't do it all by himself of course.
However http://www.shaenon.com/monsteroftheweek/ is a quicker and more fun way to go through X-Files again.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Also the difference between sony and Microsoft is sony has a massive television production system that is able to crank out material of a quality so them getting into the original content game is exciting

In contrast Microsoft has...uh....Halo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
They named the third XBox the XBox 1.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

Also the difference between sony and Microsoft is sony has a massive television production system that is able to crank out material of a quality so them getting into the original content game is exciting

Yes, the incredible production system that brought us The Tester, The Tester 2 and The Tester 3.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

precision posted:

They named the third XBox the XBox 1.

Excuse me I think you meant to say the X-Box One All-in-One Home Entertainment System(tm).

I don't know about you but all I have ever wanted in life was to shout at my tv and have it do nothing but let the NSA watch me scratch my nuts without my knowledge.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
OMG OMG OMG OMG

http://www.slashfilm.com/phil-lord-chris-miller-clone-high-movie-sequel/

quote:

Before they were the acclaimed directors behind 21 Jump Street and The Lego Movie, Phil Lord and Chris Miller were the creators (with Bill Lawrence) of an offbeat animated series called Clone High. The show lasted just one season, but over the years it’s amassed enough of a following that fans have started to speculate about the possibility of a revival. As it turns out, they aren’t the only ones.

In a recent interview, Lord and Miller revealed that they have had actual conversations about bringing back the property, maybe for a Clone High movie. But there are a few things they’ll have to sort out first, much of it involving lawyers and “business affairs people.” Hit the jump to see what the pair had to say.

Lord and Miller offered the Clone High status update in a chat with Collider. “We talk very regularly now with Bill every few months or so, we talk about ‘How are we going to get this back in whatever form we can?’’ We get our lawyers to talk to each other, and business affairs people to talk to each other,” said Miller.

Some of the complications stem from the various studios involved. “Because it’s at Viacom/MTV, we have a TV deal at Fox, he has a TV deal at Warner Bros,” Miller explained. “It’s all very complicated, and then it’s ‘should we do a movie, or a TV show, or whatever?’ But, we’re working on it! It’s hard!”

For the time being, it sounds like a movie is the likelier outcome. However, that opens up a whole bunch of other questions, like what they should do about the rating.

Lord: It’s also a tricky thing because we basically made a PG-13 TV series, and if you’re gonna do a movie you wonder, ‘Am I gonna have to justify the budget that it’s gonna take by trying to broaden this to a family audience, and is that gonna kill what was fun about the original thing?’ Because there’s so much blood in the original series (laughs).

Miller: And innuendo or whatever.

Lord: And JFK sex jokes. Are you going to wind up defanging it?

Miller: Are you gonna make it R? PG-13?

Lord: It’s trying to cross-reference what it’s gonna cost and what it’s gonna make.

Overall, it’s clear that Lord and Miller really want a Clone High revival, but it’s equally clear that they’ve still got some work to do before they can start prepping the movie (or new season) for real. So we’ve probably got a while to wait before the Clone High movie becomes a reality.

OMG OMG OMG

Although, screw them if this doesn't eventually become a reality. I've long ago made my peace with never getting closure to the cliffhanger that ended the series, so there better be a drat good reason for them to re-open those old wounds.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

OldSenileGuy posted:

OMG OMG OMG OMG

OMG OMG OMG

Although, screw them if this doesn't eventually become a reality. I've long ago made my peace with never getting closure to the cliffhanger that ended the series, so there better be a drat good reason for them to re-open those old wounds.

The only appropriate response to this news is http://youtu.be/CDNmLPATW0s?t=9s

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

Yes, the incredible production system that brought us The Tester, The Tester 2 and The Tester 3.

The Tester was made by the studio that does VH1's reality programming.

Pun of Celebrity with a Dumb Name.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

OldSenileGuy posted:

OMG OMG OMG OMG

OMG OMG OMG

I think they suspect that if 22 Jump Street opens well -- and there's a drat good chance that it will -- they're going to have a license to do whatever they want. Not that it would magically force apart the red tape Clone High is wrapped up in, but look at their track record; they've made major commercial and critical successes out of movies that, on paper, should not be both, and that buys them a lot of benefit of the doubt. I'm not saying that their response to "We want to make an animated PG-13 sequel to a 12-year-old MTV series" is going to be an automatic "SHUT UP AND TAKE OUR MONEY," but they're going to find it a lot easier to get a yes than Brad Bird.

EDIT: NOTHING BAD EVER HAPPENS TO THE KENNEDYS

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
22 Jump Street hit #1 on opening weekend over here. Please be as cool as us, Americans!

Clone High is one of the only revivals I have complete faith in.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Bown posted:

Clone High is one of the only revivals I have complete faith in.

I want a second Beavis and Butthead revival.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

IRQ posted:

Somebody make this happen.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

IRQ posted:

I'm fine with B&B being a Curb Your Enthusiasm type series from here on out. Whenever Mike Judge feels like making another season, MTV should let him.

However, I imagine he's pretty busy with Silicon Valley right now, and if he can make a second season as good as the first, I fully support him focusing on that.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

OldSenileGuy posted:

I'm fine with B&B being a Curb Your Enthusiasm type series from here on out. Whenever Mike Judge feels like making another season, MTV should let him.

However, I imagine he's pretty busy with Silicon Valley right now, and if he can make a second season as good as the first, I fully support him focusing on that.

I completely agree, I would jerk off every guy in this room if we get another season as good as the first. Problem is I only have 10 minutes...

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I know IRQ can do it. He's done the math.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hey guys, we've got incoming. Someone has been chosen to replace me. I'll let them introduce themselves whenever it happens though.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Also I'm doubleposting for more awesome news. Vincent D'Onofrio was just cast as Kingpin in the Daredevil series in one of the most genius casting moves I've seen in a long time.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Deadpool posted:

Also I'm doubleposting for more awesome news. Vincent D'Onofrio was just cast as Kingpin in the Daredevil series in one of the most genius casting moves I've seen in a long time.

Holy poo poo. That's awesome news. I'm really looking forward to the Netflix series. If they keep up the casting/writer quality, they're going to be pretty great.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

All I know about Daredevil is he's kind of like Spider-Man but blind.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Daredevil is a blind guy whose superpower is that he can see.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Aphrodite posted:

Daredevil is a blind guy whose superpower is that he can see.

If I remember the movie right he sees because it rains constantly and he's a bat or something.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, he's got some kind of radar super power.

Mostly his deal is he's a gritty, street level guy who fights organized crime, drug dealers, and the like in Hell's Kitchen all while he doubles as a small time lawyer for the innocent or victims. Also he's got a lot of Catholic guilt for hurting people or something.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Daredevil can read.

I don't mean braille, I mean he can actually read anything written with ink because he can feel the difference in depth.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Deadpool posted:

Except a procedural doesn't say anything about specific content of the show. Just the formula. Kind of like single camera and multi camera sitcom describe the kind of show you're watching not the specific content of it. Procedural is fine to use to describe both Law & Order and Person of Interest.

But both shows you mentioned are ones I'd watch on a lazy Sunday or something, but not get out of my way to watch and vouch for. Procedural is a handy term because it describes a type of product that requires more work and participation by the viewer. It effectively describes what I would likely not be that interested in versus what I would be truly excited about.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Of course they cast a white guy to play a black character. :sigh:

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Deadpool posted:

Hey guys, we've got incoming. Someone has been chosen to replace me. I'll let them introduce themselves whenever it happens though.
If I introduce myself as the new mod before the actual new mod appears, do I steal their mod powers?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I vote we institute hazing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Slamhound posted:

If I introduce myself as the new mod before the actual new mod appears, do I steal their mod powers?

What if we all claim to be the new mod?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Daredevil's real power is generating dead girlfriends. Don't click that unless you read the comics, boys.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

What if we all claim to be the new mod?

Yeah, and what if we're all Highlanders. :rolleyes:

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."

Slamhound posted:

Yes, but it only works for the first person who does it.

Hi everyone, I'm the new mod.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Annakie posted:

I'm fine with this.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Annakie posted:

Oh man I knew it would be you. You're so funny and such a great poster, I know you'll do a slurplurplurplurplurp

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Annakie posted:

Everything in this post is true.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Goddamnit, I almost had it.

OTOH, good luck with the Game of Thrones thread.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."

Slamhound posted:

Goddamnit, I almost had it.

OTOH, good luck with the Game of Thrones thread.

Oh poo poo.

Deadpool, is it too late for me to change my mind?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Annakie posted:

Deadpool, is it too late for me to change my mind?

No.

Cause then we'd be stuck with Occupation.

Way to go! You're a great replacement for Deadpool

• Locked thread