Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Alternately:

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City is a spin-off game in the storied RE franchise outsourced by Capcom to SOCOM Developer Slant Six Games. A “what-if” scenario consisting of 7 missions and 7 DLC missions set around the events of RE2 and RE3. In the original game, players take control of the six-member Umbrella Stupidity Security Service squad “Wolfpack,” a.k.a Delta Squad, and head into the city to get rid of evidence linking Umbrella to the outbreak while fighting off U.S Spec Ops and the infected. The game advertised the ability to alter canon by killing specific characters as the USS. Thusly, we will be playing the Umbrella campaign first.

ORC had a lousy reception on release, the result of mediocre design and its awfully short campaign. Its few claims to fame are 4-player co-op and the interesting scenarios it advertised, although these still fall short as we will explain and you will see in the videos.

Joining me in my adventure are users Heenato, Aces High, Drakenel, Kaboom Dragoon, and McTimmy! As there’s more than four of us we’ll rotate people in so we all get a chance to play. Commentary will be done live and we’ll try to get all the cameras and collectibles, among other interesting things. We’ll be playing on Veteran so as to keep thing succinct, after a practice run on professional was just too tedious to get through due to inflated enemy health and defense. Also Veteran still has friendly fire :D

We ended up playing Professional for Spec Ops by accident :downs:

After the USS campaign is complete I’ll be tackling the Echo Six campaign. Spoilers are allowed, this game’s short and we’re trying to have as much fun as possible, so talk freely about all things RE and this game!

~List of Updates~

~List of Videos~
(23:58) USS 1: Infighting|Polsy
(31:57) USS 2: Conspiracy|Polsy
(37:31) USS 3: Lights Out|Polsy
(32:33) USS 4: Gone Rogue|Polsy
(32:31) USS 5: Expendable|Polsy
(37:24) USS 6: Redemption|Polsy
(29:09) USS 7: End of the Line|Polsy

(35:41) Spec Ops 1: Trouble|Polsy
(31:54) Spec Ops 2: Breakdown|Polsy
(25:43) Spec Ops 3: Treachery|Polsy
(38:54) Spec Ops 4: Failures|Polsy
(29:26) Spec Ops 5: Pointlessness|Polsy
(28:50) Spec Ops 6: Unfocused|Polsy
(44:05) Spec Ops 7: Victory|Polsy

~Humor~
Amazing Dog

Wolfpack's Sudden Death

Raining spiders :stonk:

The disappearance of Beltway

Art that Rumrusher did when I streamed this game a long time ago.

In-jokes from the time.

I opted to save Leon then promptly executed him

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Lupo
A former French Special Forces operative, Karena ‘Lupo’ Lesproux specializes in weaponry. Lured by money, Lupo joined Umbrella and leads Wolfpack. Her knowledge in the field makes her highly trusted by her team. She looks out for them, like a wolf looks out for her cubs, which has made the team affectionately call her Wolf Mother.

Beltway
Hector ‘Beltway’ Hivers is an elite demolition expert that was discharged from the Army Corps of Engineers. Not much is known about the incident other than the addition of Beltway’s prosthetic leg. His dedication to his craft is beyond question, while his joy for blowing things up is always visible.

Four Eyes
Developing an unhealthy obsession with science at a young age, Christine ‘Four Eyes’ Yamata specializes in virology. She is so deeply focused on her work that she has little interest in anything else, including the feelings or lives of other human beings. Studious and detailed, she always wants to know more about a given situation.

Bertha
Michaela ‘Bertha’ Schneider finds pleasure in pain. After an unsuccessful return to civilian life, this disciplined former soldier with a devotion to medicine eagerly joined Wolfpack as their medic when she was assured anesthetic would be considered a luxury and not a priority.

Vector
Vector’s file remains largely confidential, his true identity hidden. Training at Rockfort Island, he developed his lethal martial art ability and elite skill for reconnaissance. As a covert operative, his achievements in the field are only matched by his former master, HUNK.

Spectre
A veteran of the Cold war, former spy, Vladimir ‘Spectre’ Bodrovski was moved from Umbrella’s European wing for unknown reasons. The premier surveillance expert of the U.S.S, he was transferred to Wolfpack when the upper echelon of Umbrella management realized his skills could greatly benefit them.

Dee-Ay
Crispin 'Dee-Ay' Jettingham has been a soldier for as long as he can remember. He was the government's top choice to be the leader of the Echo Six team. Always calm and collected, he is a true soldier and is highly skilled and efficient with his weaponry and his orders.

Party Girl
Sienna 'Party Girl' Fowler got her reputation throwing wild parties in her youth for businessmen and officials. Little did they know that every party she threw was also recorded with hidden equipment which would be sold to the highest bidder. The government hired her after she managed to dupe their top surveillance expert at one of her parties.

Willow
Caroline 'Willow' Floyd developed her skill for speed and elusion growing up alone on a reservation in Montana. She joined the Army straight out of school, excelling as part of the Special Forces. Never satisfied with herself, Willow continues to hone her skills each and every day.

Harley
A foul-mouthed ex-biker, Erez 'Harley' Morris joined the service to avoid going to jail. Excelling in medicine during operation Desert Storm, Harley unexpectedly became one of the best medics in the field. Always putting others lives before his, He will always do his best to make sure no man is left behind.

Shona
Exposed to death at a young age, Lawrence 'Shona' Kimbala began treating diseases in his home country of Zimbabwe. After his father's death, he attended Harvard medical school where he realized he had a skill for controlling viruses instead of curing them. He joined the Army's special weapons program as their foremost expert in virology.

Tweed
Marissa 'Tweed' Ronson has a quick tongue and a ready fuse. Originally working for the British Secret Service, she disappeared after a bomb removal operation left her scarred. Hand-picked by the government, Tweed became part of Echo Six because of her unparalleled expertise in demolitions.

~Classes~

PASSIVE SKILLS
Body Armor - Take less damage from bullets, up to 30%
Quick Reload - Up to a 100% increase reloading speed.

ACTIVE SKILLS

Incendiary Rounds - For up to 15 seconds, you ignite whatever you shoot.
Guns A' Blazin - For up to 15 seconds, you get infinite ammo, a 67% boost in accuracy equal reduction in recoil.
Super Soldier - For 12 seconds you get 50% better accuracy and invulnerability for 5 hits or until the skill ends.

UNIQUE BRUTAL KILL
Deliver a power punch to the targeted enemy that knocks them and anyone else around on their backs. The equipped ability needs to be charged. When used, the ability needs to recharge, this goes for all unique kills.

PASSIVE SKILLS
Blast Armor - Prevents knockdown from explosions and reduces damage from them by 30%.
Blast Master - Reduces the cooldown time of all skills by 6 seconds and allows the disarming of enemy laser mines.

ACTIVE SKILLS
Fragmentation Mine - Plant up to 3 mines and detonate them at will. Skill cools down after all mines are used.
Timed Sticky Explosive - Throw up to 3 grenades that stick to surfaces and explode after being shot, another explosive is detonated nearby, or after 5 seconds.
Laser Trip Mine - Plant up to three mines on any surface that go off when the laser is broken.

UNIQUE BRUTAL KILL
The demolitions expert forces a grenade into the mouth of their target then kicks them back, hopefully hitting a crowd of enemies.

PASSIVE SKILLS
Anti-viral Proficiency - Field Scientists can carry up to four anti-viral sprays at once, and can also spawn with one when they die.
Biometric Vision - The field scientist can see all infected in the area and also their weak spots up to a 30 meter range.

ACTIVE SKILLS
Induce Infection - The field scientist fires a hypo gun with the chance of infecting an enemy soldier and even initiating the V-ACT turning them into a Crimson Head. The infected then fights for the scientist's team until it is killed. Infection always happens when the target is reduced to 0 HP.
Attraction Pheromone - The scientist throws a vial of pheromone that triggers a response in all infected to rush towards it and react even more violently.
Reprogram Infected - A hypo gun fires a dart into any infected that temporarily changes them to an ally. An invaluable ability.

UNIQUE BRUTAL KILL
The field scientist stabs the target with a hypo gun, causing a blood frenzy and reprogramming it to attack other hostiles.

PASSIVE SKILLS
First Aid Proficiency - The medic can carry up to 4 first aid sprays and respawn with one if they die.
Field Medic - Allows the restoration of additional health when using herbs or sprays.

ACTIVE SKILLS
Stimpack - The medic can apply up to 3 stimpacks to themselves or a friendly which increases movement speed and accuracy for 15 seconds.
Neutralize Infection - The medic can cure an infection on a single ally or inflict heavy damage on an infected target.
Painkiller - The medic can apply a single Painkiller to themselves or an ally which reduces damage by 90% for 10 seconds.

UNIQUE BRUTAL KILL
The medic trips and stabs the target in the stomach, producing a lovely green herb from their carcass.

PASSIVE SKILLS
Stealth Run - Increase movement speed by 15% and allows the Recon unit to sprint without being detected on the minimap.
Detection Avoidance - The recon unit can move at full speed without being detected.

ACTIVE SKILLS
Motion Detector - The recon plants up to three detectors on any surface which display enemies up to 15 meters away. If the detector is triggered by proximity, it will stun enemy soldiers.
Mimicry - By pointing their crosshair at an enemy soldier, the recon assumes their form for up to 90 seconds. Great for getting into crowds of soldiers and wreaking havoc.
Active Camouflage - The recon cloaks for 20 seconds and is invisible to most enemies in the game. Firing guns disrupts the field.

UNIQUE BRUTAL KILL
The recon class slits an enemy soldier's throat and assumes their form for a few seconds.

PASSIVE SKILLS
Proximity Detection - The Surveillance soldier increases the size of their mini-map and can see enemies automatically from further away, they are notified any time they are targeted by an enemy, and all distinct enemies are marked accordingly.
Item Detection - For up to 30 meters the surveillance man can see all pickups in the area, including data but not cameras.

ACTIVE SKILLS
Threat Scanner - Allows the surveillance soldier to scan up to 60 meters for enemies, their locations being automatically relayed to teammates for 15 seconds.
Biothermal Vision - Thermal vision.
Sonar Vision - See the outline of targets through walls.

UNIQUE BRUTAL KILL
A slash that also detonates a flash grenade in their face. Why?

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jul 27, 2014

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Update 01 - Containment

(23:58) USS 1: Infighting|YouTube|Polsy

~In Umbrella’s Raccoon City facility, a betrayer collects the last of his life’s work. His name is William Birkin and he plans to sell the G-Virus to the American Government. Umbrella Security Service has been sent in to neutralize the threat.

*Sorry about the audio. My capture device recorded my microphone and I didn’t catch on. I tried to keep it down in editing so I didn’t lose the game audio because of it.

Update 02 - Corruption

(31:57) USS 2: Conspiracy|YouTube|Polsy

~Days have passed since the USS lost the G-Virus and witnessed its metamorphosis in William Birkin. Raccoon City is also lousy with disease due to a T-Virus outbreak. Wolfpack is ordered to destroy evidence at City Hall linking Umbrella to the Epidemic.

*Sorry again about another technical issue! The intro fade got cut out for some reason :(

I wonder who will be the biggest douche in Wolfpack by the end of this?

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jul 4, 2014

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
The biggest douche is the game itself. It hates you. Yes, you.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
I regret nothing. Or maybe everything. Only time will tell.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I remember playing this game. It did what RE5&6 couldn't do: break me. Let's hope you poor souls don't share the same fate.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

VolticSurge posted:

I remember playing this game. It did what RE5&6 couldn't do: break me. Let's hope you poor souls don't share the same fate.

this. RE6 was dumb as poo poo, but it at least, it was sorta fun and the monsters were cool and gory. but gently caress ORC, it is so broken and all the baddies were bulletspodges.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Well it's a good thing we are all broken people who love Resident Evil :v:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Ah, Operation Raccoon City. Such a quirky concept (playing as Umbrella stooges sent in to cover up the company's incompetency), but oh dear sweet baby Jesus did it falter in execution. Glad I passed on buying this game back when it came out. The amount of bullshit this game throws at you is just bad. The Licker chain-stun is only the beginning. It gets worse.

At least Nicholai is still as Snideley Whiplash as he was back in the old days.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I'm gonna be the odd guy out here and say that in spite of some of the stupid bullshit the game throws at you (like the Nemesis fight on the Umbrella side), I rather enjoyed the overall experience. Probably would have had more fun if I had been able to play with other people on a more regular basis. I still haven't finished either campaign. :sigh:

My favorite guy to use was Spectre, mainly for being able to see where all the items and such were on the minimap.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Having played this game singleplayer I think the best way to describe this game would be to imagine if someone took a look at Left 4 Dead's Developer commentary mode say how much time and effort into everything from how the player character models look to how they encourage exploration by having items spawn in out of the way crannies, and say "that's dumb, they're dumb, you don't need to do any of this poo poo. now all you need is a license to a hot IP, and you can just slap any piece of poo poo together and people'll eat it up."

This game is the Anti-Left 4 Dead. Everywhere where Left 4 Dead succeed this game fails, and I mean EVERYTHING.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

W.T. Fits posted:

I'm gonna be the odd guy out here and say that in spite of some of the stupid bullshit the game throws at you (like the Nemesis fight on the Umbrella side), I rather enjoyed the overall experience. Probably would have had more fun if I had been able to play with other people on a more regular basis. I still haven't finished either campaign. :sigh:

My favorite guy to use was Spectre, mainly for being able to see where all the items and such were on the minimap.

The co-op in this game is seriously pretty fun. Playing it in single player is an exercise in masochism though. There are areas where you can literally run out of ammo in the first level's "tutorial" segment if you aren't a good enough shot. It only gets worse from there.

Some of the MP modes were entertaining too. It never got old to tag an enemy player so that a horde of zombies would zero in on him and rip him a new one. Shame they never popped though.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

pengun101 posted:

gently caress ORC, it is so broken and all the baddies were bulletspodges.

Seriously, this. Even on casual/easy, the bosses take for loving ever on your own. It's a shame, because some of the concepts and ideas are really cool, but it's essentially multiplayer only.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
.gif request on Boomerang Dog.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

I will never let up the fact that four-eyes is the only member of wolf pack without anything covering her eyes.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Actually if you looks really closely she has the same face shield as Lupo, but it's completely clear.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Elliotw2 posted:

Actually if you looks really closely she has the same face shield as Lupo, but it's completely clear.

Yeah, you can see the band running through her hair at the top of her head too.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

heenato posted:

I will never let up the fact that four-eyes is the only member of wolf pack without anything covering her eyes.

The first time I played this I chose Four Eyes and never shut up about how idiotic her name was either :hf:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This is actually the only Resident Evil game that I started and never managed to finish, because I didn't have an internet connection and single-player is the worst possible experience. I mean I probably should have guessed that before I started it, but still...

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You know, maybe being able to damage your teammates in this incredibly frantic TPS loaded with zombies and standard military looking dudes isn't the best idea from a game design standpoint.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Counterpoint: Friendly fire is HILARIOUS.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

even better so long as everyone is on the same page :v:

Remember, it's all fun and games, until one of your partners rage quits

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

You mean that wasn't the goal from the start? :confused:

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

WitchFetish posted:

You know, maybe being able to damage your teammates in this incredibly frantic TPS loaded with zombies and standard military looking dudes isn't the best idea from a game design standpoint.

See, it sounds like you're making sense, but you're wrong. It's not a real co-op game unless you can

A.Blow your teammates up.
B.Shoot your teammates
C. Beat up your teammates
D. throw your teammate into certain death
or E. all of the above.

I'd say this game is the truest co-op experience.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I remember your stream of this game way back when the RE6 LP was still going on (or was it a bit after? I dunno) and the entire time was filled with bullshit because you were playing by yourself. I tried playing this before that LP even got started and I hated the poo poo out of this game because I expected headshots to work and not every enemy taking so many loving bullets to put down (especially the Lickers; god, gently caress those things). I quit at around the halfway point because I wasn't having fun at all, so I want to see how a team of people who have a better tolerance than I go through it again.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I don't know, it seems friendly fire is exactly the level of competence we can expect from Umbrella. That being said, I wouldn't mind a tongue-in-cheek parody game from their perspective - having to deal with all those ridiculous building designs, idiotic puzzle locks and incompetent leadership. I was kinda hoping this game would go for that angle before its release but ended up disappointed - it seems Capcom still takes Umbrella somewhat seriously. Okay, it would be hard to do it tastefully, but at least some people at Capcom can do whimsical well - a bunch of reasonably smart mooks being sent on traditionally stupid missions could make some good meta jokes.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jun 11, 2014

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

Elliotw2 posted:

Wait,really? I mean, looking at a high res render, yeah there's the band, but it really doesn't look like she's wearing the face shield.

Either way, the game's texture work is awful, so you cant tell. I choose to continue to believe that Umbrella is incompetent enough to give a code name that would fit almost anyone ELSE in the team to the least fitting member.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Brave, brave souls. :gonk: This game, Lord of Shadows 2, and Colonial Marines are in my top ranks of games I wish I'd kept my wallet closed for.

Co-op is just about the only thing that saves it, and even then it's not because the game itself is playable. It's because you can troll each other. :allears:

The single player AI was also hilarious in it's own way though. They'd literally stand in environmental hazards, reviving each other to die over and over, melee/shoot at thin air, or just become utterly unresponsive. Several later missions were so poorly designed you have to pretty much sprint through them without engaging the enemies, as you basically don't have enough ammo to kill them.

It's a pity really, as some of the locations they lifted from RE2 ( Especially later missions in the city proper ) actually look pretty drat good.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Wait the AI revives each other? I had the PC version and after the patch the AI partners just sorta float around and sometimes heal you if they're Bertha.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

yeah I have never seen AI revive each other, but maybe they do on lower difficulties? I've been playing through on Veteran and Professional myself to get accustomed and they are as dumb as bricks, not as dumb as Sheva but preeeeeeetty close

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

Conversely, I've never had Sheva walk into a fire to try and get an anti-viral spray. I've had bertha do that a lot. I would then revive her, and she'd try to get the spray again, and go down again. It was a vicious cycle.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Actually, if I think about it, in 1.0 the AI would not only revive each other infinitely, but I'm pretty sure there was a bug where they could revive you in singleplayer from normal deaths.

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

I enjoyed this game to such an extent that I solo'd it on professional. :suicide:

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

anilEhilated posted:

I don't know, it seems friendly fire is exactly the level of competence we can expect from Umbrella. That being said, I wouldn't mind a tongue-in-cheek parody game from their perspective - having to deal with all those ridiculous building designs, idiotic puzzle locks and incompetent leadership. I was kinda hoping this game would go for that angle before its release but ended up disappointed - it seems Capcom still takes Umbrella somewhat seriously. Okay, it would be hard to do it tastefully, but at least some people at Capcom can do whimsical well - a bunch of reasonably smart mooks being sent on traditionally stupid missions could make some good meta jokes.

"You know, if they had spent one tenth of the crank budget on making the underground lab safer, this whole mess wouldn't have happened"
"Boy, I'm glad I smoke, so many dumb doors need some lighter to be opened, because reasons"
"Sure, this is a nice gigantic mosaic of a snake eating a bird, but I don't really understand what this is doing in the shooting range of a secret underground training facility, that's all"
"Wait a sec, why is the Z virus sample 'locked' behind a color puzzle a 3yo hydrocephalic idiot can solve? This is the worst security system I've ever seen. Yes, worse than that Sun/Moon/Star emblems stuff that got us into the armory."
"Yeah, yeah, yeah, you gonna be King of the World once you inject yourself with that gene altering virus, best plan ever, no way that can go horribly wrong for you, nerdy scientist guy"
"Seriously man, we gotta take pictures of this whole mess, the guys upstairs will give us a nice bonus when they'll learn most of the science budget went towards building useless statues that need to be pushed around to block poison gas for the dumbest... wait, you mean they know about it? They actually requested that thing to be built? gently caress this, I'm defecting to the BSAA"

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Yeah, but if they'd spent any of the budget on safety protocols of any significant value, they wouldn't be Umbrella, would they.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

It's a plot, since if they make horribly unsafe everything they can sell more Umbrella brand Magic Medspray. Something that's always glossed over is that Umbrella makes almost literally everything in the RE series.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Hahaha, oh yes, here we go. I'm one of those crazy people who actually enjoy the game, so when the LP idea came up I started juggling a half-dozen things to try and record. I also bought the Echo Six DLC I was missing because playing again reminded me I find it fun. Somehow.

The most absolute hilarious thing is that Rank 99 actually exists and the Leaderboards are spattered with them. As horrible hackers. I mean, maybe I'm not dedicated enough to play this game for 65 straight years, or skilled enough to get a 890 million kill streak in versus, but I'm still leaning to the obvious hacking.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

McTimmy posted:

Hahaha, oh yes, here we go. I'm one of those crazy people who actually enjoy the game, so when the LP idea came up I started juggling a half-dozen things to try and record. I also bought the Echo Six DLC I was missing because playing again reminded me I find it fun. Somehow.

The most absolute hilarious thing is that Rank 99 actually exists and the Leaderboards are spattered with them. As horrible hackers. I mean, maybe I'm not dedicated enough to play this game for 65 straight years, or skilled enough to get a 890 million kill streak in versus, but I'm still leaning to the obvious hacking.
That, or they took the time to camera glitch. I highly doubt Lunethex has gotten to 98 legitimately.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I did. I played Surveillance and went after data solo several times. The camera glitch was just for buying guns I'll never use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!
This is probably one of the least friendly games to just jump into in the series, especially if you're not playing multiplayer for whatever reason.

You start out with a bunch of guys who are effectively interchangeable, no skills, and a bunch of guns that are basically just airsoft for all the damage they do to zombies, let alone the Special Forces or BOWS. I played through this on whatever the easiest difficulty is (I forget which) my first time and generally ended each scenario at an hour plus, nothing found, and a death-rate similar to playing "I wanna be the guy."

And the single-player AI is bullshit. The characters do not use their abilities all that much outside of Vector cloaking and I think I saw Four-Eyes once Crimson-Head a dude. Both times I played (when it came out and about two months ago) the AI goons on my team spent more time shooting the walls than the enemies, and of course they stick with a default gun which could be terrible. Oh, and my personal favorite is that nobody actually uses First Aid Sprays on you. I've actually seen an unwounded Bertha run away from my red-health rear end just so she could blow a first aid spray on an unwounded Beltway in the corner.

Anyone who is foolish enough to pick this up and play it single-player should definitely consider sticking with Lupo (for Super Soldier) or Bertha (because you will never get healed and she can carry up to 3 or 4 Sprays) until they get used to the game. Then get and keep on either the Riot Gun like Lunethex (because it wrecks poo poo) or one of the powerful Assault Rifles (I forget which one but one is pretty nice for general work if you don't want to rush every enemy ever with the Riot Gun).

• Locked thread