Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Why would a moderator not immediately trash any report that came from the Game of Thrones thread? Its not like they're selling drugs in that thread. At worst, they're maybe--MAYBE--spoiling a decade-old book with no ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Irish Joe posted:

Why would a moderator not immediately trash any report that came from the Game of Thrones thread? Its not like they're selling drugs in that thread. At worst, they're maybe--MAYBE--spoiling a decade-old book with no ending.

99% of the reports from that thread are trashed. About the same percentage as the rest of this forum. People report a lot of petty stuff. But on occasion there are things that have to be dealt with. I doubt you'll ever be in the position to hash that stuff out though. When you get put on staff I see it being as admin and you'll be above all that kind of stuff.

Also good luck Annakie. My PM box is full and I can't find the delete button, so you're on your own. Sorry! Have fun though!

X-O fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jun 11, 2014

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Irish Joe's reign as TVIV's first dictator-for-life will be a merciless one. No probations. No bans. Just a 'guillotine' button.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Terror is nothing other than justice, prompt, severe, inflexible; it is therefore an emanation of virtue; it is not so much a special principle as it is a consequence of the general principle of democracy applied to our forum's most urgent needs.

Deadpool posted:

99% of the reports from that thread are trashed. About the same percentage as the rest of this forum. People report a lot of petty stuff. But on occasion there are things that have to be dealt with. I doubt you'll ever be in the position to hash that stuff out though. When you get put on staff I see it being as admin and you'll be above all that kind of stuff.

No need to get passive aggressive, I'm not trying to backseat mod or anything. Its just that I ask myself whenever someone says how hard it is being a mod, "why would anyone take this poo poo seriously?"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Irish Joe posted:

No need to get passive aggressive, I'm not trying to backseat mod or anything. Its just that I ask myself whenever someone says how hard it is being a mod, "why would anyone take this poo poo seriously?"

Obviously other sub forums have different issues I'm sure, but I think the only way it would be hard to mod TVIV is if the mod made it hard on themselves through their behavior. TVIV by and large runs itself well with no intervention from me or OSG. I think you'll find that Annakie will be pretty much the same way as well. Like I said a while back I think a good mod is just a traffic cop that keeps the traffic moving. Not one that's running in between cars trying to cause wrecks.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I always thought Annakie and Aatrek were the same person. Welp. Sorry I thought you banged children!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aye Doc posted:

I always thought Annakie and Aatrek were the same person. Welp. Sorry I thought you banged children!

Oh dear. This is an unfortunate mix up you've made Dr. Carter.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
I plan on trying to be exactly the kind of mod Deadpool and OSG have been and as far away from Aatrek as possible in every single way. I solemnly swear I have never raped anyone.

I'm thinking about maybe doing some more fun threads like the "Review an episode of a show you've never seen" thing, I've got some ideas but I need a few weeks to get on my feet first.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hmmmm you know who else did a bunch of giffing...

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Fun threads are fun. I welcome more fun threads. If I had fun ideas I'd make them myself.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
FUN? In MY forum? NOT ON MY WATCH!!

TV is serious business and if you're not over analyzing it to hell and calling everyone that disagrees with you a poo poo-for-brains spawn of Satan and Hitler you're doing it wrong

"SHANNON WAS STABBED" / "KENNETH IS RACIST" 4 LYFE

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Are you sure I said was quitting in the last thread? I read it differently.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Deadpool posted:

Are you sure I said was quitting in the last thread? I read it differently.
You acquit?

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

OldSenileGuy posted:

"SHANNON WAS STABBED" / "KENNETH IS RACIST" 4 LYFE

Shannon was stabbed and Ward and Mai just went to talk.

Edit: Ward also didn't shoot/shot the dog.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It was Mike's voice.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

cool kids inc. posted:

Edit: Ward also didn't shoot/shot the dog.

They never resolved this loose end, did they?

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
Mike's not dead, he just closed his eyes because he's tired. You can see he's still sitting.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Irish Joe posted:

They never resolved this loose end, did they?

Oh god please don't :gonk:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I didn't read about the Clone High news until earlier, so psyched if something happens. Such a great show, brilliant theme song and they had The Get Up Kids in the soundtrack too? God please come back and resolve that cliffhanger!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

MrAristocrates posted:

It was Mike's voice.
He announces he's acquitting using Mike's SA account.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

USA's Graceland is coming back tonight. I'd make a thread but it barely got posted in last year so...

I enjoyed the first season, even though Aaron Tviet never burst into song for no reason! :mad:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

muscles like this? posted:

USA's Graceland is coming back tonight. I'd make a thread but it barely got posted in last year so...

I enjoyed the first season, even though Aaron Tviet never burst into song for no reason! :mad:

A friend of mine sat me down and showed me a couple episodes, and it's pretty good. I'm always wary of cop shows because god drat I am sick of case-of-the-week procedurals. Graceland put a lot more weight on the characters and it kept things interesting. Been meaning to finish up the season, just haven't had the motivation yet.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah I'll actually make a thread for Rectify season 2 here in a day or two. A lot of people in the CD Netflix thread got into the show so hopefully more people will watch it this year.

e: Oh yeah there's a trailer. Probably don't watch unless you watched season 1 though:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/22/rectify-season-2-trailer/

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

precision posted:

Yeah I'll actually make a thread for Rectify season 2 here in a day or two. A lot of people in the CD Netflix thread got into the show so hopefully more people will watch it this year.

e: Oh yeah there's a trailer. Probably don't watch unless you watched season 1 though:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/22/rectify-season-2-trailer/

I've realized that I'm a sucker for the whole "adjusting to the modern world" thing, whether it's a serious take like in Rectify or silly take like in Sleepy Hollow. I figure that's why I kinda liked the first episode of the 4400 and quickly got bored after that when it started focusing on everybody's super powers instead.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 11, 2014

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Lycus posted:

I've realized that I'm a sucker for the whole "adjusting to the modern word" thing, whether it's a serious take like in Rectify or silly take like in Sleepy Hollow. I figure that's why I kinda liked the first episode of the 4400 and quickly got bored after that when it started focusing on everybody's super powers instead.

I watched that lost boys of sudan come to america documentary ("god grew tired of us" or something) for some sweet vicarious "adjusting to the modern world", but they didn't give a poo poo about the 'modern' world. It wasn't very satisfying.

If I was adjusting to 2034, I'd binge so much media that I'd die.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Graceland was pretty terrible last season. It tried way too hard to do the whole ~*SHADES OF GREY*~ thing and ended up just falling flat.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The only thing I'm kind of torn on with Rectify season 2 is bringing back a certain character, considering he had the most perfect exit imaginable in season 1.

I'm of course referring to the black fellow death row inmate in the flashbacks in season 1. On the one hand more of those is awesome, on the other hand it cheapens what felt like a complete arc and I'm not really sure the flashbacks needed to continue into season 2 at all.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Fooz posted:

I watched that lost boys of sudan come to america documentary ("god grew tired of us" or something) for some sweet vicarious "adjusting to the modern world", but they didn't give a poo poo about the 'modern' world. It wasn't very satisfying.

If I was adjusting to 2034, I'd binge so much media that I'd die.

"Sleepy Hollow got fifteen seasons? Oh hell yeah"

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

"Sleepy Hollow got fifteen seasons? Oh hell yeah"

"The Simpsons really picked up again after Season 41."

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

"The Doctor has always been played by a white male? Still? Aw...."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm sorry USA, but I'm not that interested in a TV show about the dissatisfied rich guy.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Season 2 premiere of Big Freedia: Queen of Bounce aired on Fuse tonight. For the second year in a row, I'm assuming not enough people are watching this to warrant a thread being made for the show?

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I didn't even know Big Freedia had a show. Azz everywhere!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

hope and vaseline posted:

I didn't even know Big Freedia had a show. Azz everywhere!
Yup :) Season 1 was about her collaborating with other bounce artists, touring in Brazil, publicity stunts at home, her relationship with her mom who had cancer (who passed away in April :smith:), etc.

Season 1's finale almost played like a series finale so I didn't even know if the show would get renewed, but it did!

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Oh drat, that's awful to hear about her mom :( I just watched the season 2 trailer where it touches a bit on her struggle with cancer. Gonna have to catch up to this.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

I'm sorry USA, but I'm not that interested in a TV show about the dissatisfied rich guy.
Yeah, I'm probably not going to watch Gotham or Arrow either.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

Have you seen commercials for Satisfaction? The entire premise seems to be some poo poo about how a well to do couple aren't happy with their lives.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Haven't you seen the thread title? Ollie isn't rich anymore.

Also Gotham isn't about Bruce.

...Okay it's about Bruce.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Aphrodite posted:

Haven't you seen the thread title? Ollie isn't rich anymore.

Letting Summer Glau on your genre show is dangerous enough, he should be glad all he lost was his company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There are much better reasons to not watch Arrow than "because it's about a rich guy".

• Locked thread