Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

I'd totally restore this and drive it to every single Cadillac car show within 500 miles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Extra posted:

Really belongs in terrible car stuff but god drat.

:nms: http://westernmass.craigslist.org/cto/4501837746.html

Jesus christ what is it about 90s MR2s that lead people to just loving destroy them? It seems like nearly every other 90s MR2 around here is a salvage title.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Terrible Robot posted:

This is the Laforza Magnum, and it was apparently sold in the U.S. until 1998.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/cto/4515546941.html

I've never heard of it until now.

It looks like something from one of the Grand Theft Auto games

Rap Songs From Anime
Aug 15, 2007

Terrible Robot posted:

This is the Laforza Magnum, and it was apparently sold in the U.S. until 1998.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/cto/4515546941.html

I've never heard of it until now.

That looks unironically awesome and there's one for two grand nearby...

http://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/4472009726.html

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Jesus christ what is it about 90s MR2s that lead people to just loving destroy them? It seems like nearly every other 90s MR2 around here is a salvage title.

Snap oversteer.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

You Am I posted:

It looks like something from one of the Grand Theft Auto games

Sounds like one too. LaForza? It's like they're not even trying.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Mighty Horse posted:

Snap oversteer.

I think the snap oversteer is a bit exaggerated, but maybe a lot of people aren't familiar with MR layouts.

I drove a MR2 spyder again the other day and as much as I love my Miata, I do prefer that layout. The whole package in that particular instance isn't worth it for me, though.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

blk posted:

I think the snap oversteer is a bit exaggerated, but maybe a lot of people aren't familiar with MR layouts.

Pretty much. If you have a clue you know how to handle it...but don't and wham.

Look at all the wrecked wrxes out there.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Mighty Horse posted:

Pretty much. If you have a clue you know how to handle it...but don't and wham.

Look at all the wrecked wrxes out there.

What's the handling problem with WRXes?

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
No idea but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it has something to do with people assuming AWD means "I can't crash, ever, and my vehicle will never lose traction so let me just go ahead and drive like a dong in the snow with my summer tires on."

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Oh, I thought it was some MR2-like Konami-code do this then this then this and you die.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

VideoTapir posted:

Oh, I thought it was some MR2-like Konami-code do this then this then this and you die.

lift throttle mid-corner-->>be retarded--->>>die

Although I think it had more to do with the first run of SW20s having messed up rear suspension geometry or something and would stick really great...and then wouldn't.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jun 12, 2014

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

No idea but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it has something to do with people assuming AWD means "I can't crash, ever, and my vehicle will never lose traction so let me just go ahead and drive like a dong in the snow with my summer tires on."

I worked with a kid who did exactly that in his STi. Was donging around in the rain and spun around and bounced off a jersey barrier.

And yeah, on each gen of MR2s, the first couple model years of each had nice sharp MR-style handling, then partway through the generation they detuned the handling (removing the rear sway bar in 86+ AW11s, softer rear suspension on 93+ SW20s, staggered figment wide rear tires on later ZZW30s) because each time, they discovered all over again that Joe Public's first instinct when they take a corner a little hotter than intended or feel the rear start to come loose is to abruptly lift off the throttle and get on the brakes.

Edit:^^^^^^ the initial run of SW20s had their suspension dialed in by a pro racing driver on a track, which gave it very good, race car like handling. It also gave it a race car's margin of errors for mistakes (i.e. not much of a margin at all). Most buyers were not, in fact professional racers...

Militant Lesbian fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jun 12, 2014

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Terrible Robot posted:

Although I think it had more to do with the first run of SW20s having messed up rear suspension geometry or something and would stick really great...and then wouldn't.

Sounds like what I've heard Vipers described as. Tons and tons and tons of grip... and then there isn't.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

VideoTapir posted:

People think they can add a bunch of power and do nothing with handling and then run super cheap all seasons. Then still believe they can go 10/10ths into a corner and in the winter don't believe they need winter tires. There seems to be a lot more inexperienced drivers jumping into them these days as well.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Terrible Robot posted:

That's not significantly different than anything else.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Sounds like what I've heard Vipers described as. Tons and tons and tons of grip... and then there isn't.

Some things telegraph that break point better than others, but it all comes down to what we all know: not pushing the limits in an unsafe area until you know what those limits look feel and smell like.

My two polar opposites are the '74 911, which always wanted to kill me to the 85.5 944 which very politely tells me before I'm going to go sideways into a tree by scrubbing first, giving me an option to unspool from the turn or throttle steer it. (seriously....this is why people who know 944s love them so much....the suspension is brilliant....it's like training wheels).

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Motronic posted:

85.5 944 which very politely tells me before I'm going to go sideways into a tree by scrubbing first, giving me an option to unspool from the turn or throttle steer it. (seriously....this is why people who know 944s love them so much....the suspension is brilliant....it's like training wheels).

Not that it's limits are anywhere near a 944's, but my 96 T-bird did this. It was nice, for being so goddamned heavy.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Motronic posted:

That's not significantly different than anything else.

Some things telegraph that break point better than others, but it all comes down to what we all know: not pushing the limits in an unsafe area until you know what those limits look feel and smell like.

My two polar opposites are the '74 911, which always wanted to kill me to the 85.5 944 which very politely tells me before I'm going to go sideways into a tree by scrubbing first, giving me an option to unspool from the turn or throttle steer it. (seriously....this is why people who know 944s love them so much....the suspension is brilliant....it's like training wheels).

Same thing with AE86 corollas and late model 3 series, you can feel the grip starting to loosen up with plenty of room to decide if you want to give it more throttle and adjust your steering angle now, or back off and let it settle back in. When my '85 MR2 decided that going around a 25mph cloverleaf in the rain at the posted speed was a good time to start loosening up the rear, your only choice was to keep the throttle steady and hope you'd begun your countersteer in time.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

HotCanadianChick posted:

Same thing with AE86 corollas and late model 3 series

Properly designed suspension......not a completely disconnected beigemobile.

Unfortunately, we are the 1% on wanting things like this so we have to pick what luckily works for us.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Motronic posted:

Properly designed suspension......not a completely disconnected beigemobile.

Unfortunately, we are the 1% on wanting things like this so we have to pick what luckily works for us.

It's not even particularly sophisticated suspension in either of the cars I mentioned, hell the corollas get by with strut fronts and a five link live axle out back, but having good balance and weight distribution and steering with good feedback goes a long way.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

HotCanadianChick posted:

It's not even particularly sophisticated

having good balance and weight distribution and steering with good feedback goes a long way.

Yeah.....that.

It's not happening so much anymore. Weight distribution is basically only kept within a reasonable spec, steering is whatever electronic poo poo comes off the parts bin and DBW throttle control is typically even worse. Beigemobiles. I've driven them. They get worse the newer they are. We might be doomed.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Rev matching in a DBW corolla is an exercise in frustration - clutch, blip throttle, wait 1.5 seconds for ecu to realize you blipped throttle, then put it into lower gear.

It kills me.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

VideoTapir posted:

Nothing, just idiots.

Rev matching in a DBW corolla is an exercise in frustration - clutch, blip throttle, wait 1.5 seconds for ecu to realize you blipped throttle, then put it into lower gear.

It kills me.

I really struggle with my TDI. I don't know if it's the ITR that's spoiled me, or if the TDI is just tough and I need get the gently caress used to it and deal. Maybe it's the DBW, maybe it's the turbo lag and low-reving nature of the diesel engine. I don't know. I can tell you this; I can nail multiple-gear downshifts in the ITR like the car is reading my mind, pitch perfect every loving time. The TDI though, I'm jerky and slow and clumsy with it, that car is really good at making me feel like a manual transmission noob. I stall it often too.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jun 12, 2014

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Welcome to 90s 300ZXes, too. Around here there are two types: the five or ten or so in my (million+ city) that are well-maintained, and cared for, inevitably twin turbos. I have one of these hen teeth. The other type, is ratty-shouldn't-be-running-but-for-the-grace-of-the-VG30, smoke clouding it up. The rest are just dead and never coming back, and that's the vast majority. Good Z32s are like hen's teeth now.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

VideoTapir posted:

yeah is been covered, nothing wrong with them, its just different from driving mom's FWD Camry around+idiots = lots of parts cars for us.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mighty Horse posted:

Snap oversteer.

I own a MR2, it is exaggerated (although maybe it is more prevalent in the Turbo models - mine has a NA Camry engine). However it can happen in other cars, I had it happen to me in my 1990 Integra during autocross.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

animeliker posted:

I own a MR2, it is exaggerated (although maybe it is more prevalent in the Turbo models - mine has a NA Camry engine). However it can happen in other cars, I had it happen to me in my 1990 Integra during autocross.

Happened to me in my '92 MR2 turbo. Was going around a long turn, lifted off the gas a bit too much and before I could react I was spinning. Luckily there was no one around and no damage done to it. To this day I'm still very cautious going around corners with any kind of speed, despite driving better sorted cars now.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

HotCanadianChick posted:

Same thing with AE86 corollas and late model 3 series, you can feel the grip starting to loosen up with plenty of room to decide if you want to give it more throttle and adjust your steering angle now, or back off and let it settle back in. When my '85 MR2 decided that going around a 25mph cloverleaf in the rain at the posted speed was a good time to start loosening up the rear, your only choice was to keep the throttle steady and hope you'd begun your countersteer in time.

I did the same thing with my first AW11. Freeway onramp in the wet, by the time I realized the back end was letting go I was facing the car behind me(who happened to go to highschool with me). You get used to it after a while. I really learned to handle it well after a couple of autox runs in the wet. There is a very fine line between the back end getting loose and spinning.

Speaking of mr2's, I think I have posted this in here before, but it just showed back up on CL and I want it still.

The drivetrain/suspension is out of my last mr2 that got totalled. I still have a bunch of random aw11 parts in my garage, including a gasket set for that motor. Time to get off my rear end and sell my e30 to fund buying it...

*edit* fixed image size.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Extra posted:

Really belongs in terrible car stuff but god drat.

:nms: http://westernmass.craigslist.org/cto/4501837746.html

That's like 5 minutes from me.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

trouser chili posted:

Nothing, just idiots.

I really struggle with my TDI. I don't know if it's the ITR that's spoiled me, or if the TDI is just tough and I need get the gently caress used to it and deal. Maybe it's the DBW, maybe it's the turbo lag and low-reving nature of the diesel engine. I don't know. I can tell you this; I can nail multiple-gear downshifts in the ITR like the car is reading my mind, pitch perfect every loving time. The TDI though, I'm jerky and slow and clumsy with it, that car is really good at making me feel like a manual transmission noob. I stall it often too.

With the Miata and the TDI it's real obvious to me the TDI slow revving is what kills the downshifts. You have to just hammer the accelerator to blip it enough for a big downshift. On the plus side there is no real need to get it over 4k.

When I got the TDI I stalled I a lot too. There was some sort of ECU flash (I think) that helped, because I have only stalled it a couple times in the last couple years.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I don't know anything about Honda/Acura but gold?

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/4517453861.html

EDIT: Did not realize that the photos weren't recent.

mariooncrack fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jun 13, 2014

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

It kills me.

What annoys me about DBW is that it's the absolute perfect way to implement automatic rev matching (with the addition of a few sensors on the shift linkage so it knows what gear you're aiming for), but they don't, and just leave it hamstrung with an awful laggy useless DBW setup that makes it impossible to rev match yourself OR drive it well so you just fumblefuck around on the road like an idiot.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

kastein posted:

What annoys me about DBW is that it's the absolute perfect way to implement automatic rev matching (with the addition of a few sensors on the shift linkage so it knows what gear you're aiming for), but they don't, and just leave it hamstrung with an awful laggy useless DBW setup that makes it impossible to rev match yourself OR drive it well so you just fumblefuck around on the road like an idiot.

Yeah, they did an awesome job on the new C7. Just hit a lever behind the wheel and the DBW throttle will give you perfect rev-matched downshifts every time.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

HotCanadianChick posted:

Yeah, they did an awesome job on the new C7. Just hit a lever behind the wheel and the DBW throttle will give you perfect rev-matched downshifts every time.

It annoys me mostly because it's even logically simple. The ECU already knows what speed the engine was turning and what speed the driveshaft is turning, that means it knows what gear you were in. So really if you assume you'll never skip gears, all you need is a way to determine if you're upshifting or downshifting (the lever you mentioned) and it's trivial for a DBW motor to demand a certain output RPM corresponding to your speed and the next expected gear and wait for the load to come back.

And then they gently caress it up instead :eng99:

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321424634278

quote:

A full review of the EVO2 can be viewed by CLICKING HERE

A video of the EVO2 and galleries of photos of the exterior, interior, engine and undercarriage can be viewed by CLICKING HERE

I know this will be a painful memory; but remember about 15 years ago when you could buy a 1973 Carrera RS for $45,000, or twice the price of a regular long-hood? And now the RS is worth $600,000 and a T is worth $60,000? Don't think of the BMW E30 M3 EVO2 as a car, think of it as a time machine which will allow you to make up for the buying decisions which rue your memory.

There were 18,843 E30 M3s made. But only 500 EVO2s. An excellent 100,000 mile E30 M3 is a $45,000 car and this EV02 is vastly undervalued at $90,000. In 15 years the EVO2 is going to be worth $400,000, along with other medium priced 80s and 90s exotica like the Porsche 964RS and Audi Sport Quattro.

Any one of the 18,843 production E30 M3s will draw thumbs upward. But there were simply too many to ever become precious. There were 1023 Aston Martin DB5s, 106 McLaren F1s, 970 Ferrari 275s, 1400 Mercedes Gullwings and 337 Porsche 959s. These are the benchmarks of collectibility and none of them would be worth a million-plus, if 19,000 of them were out there.

To give another example, you can buy one of the 21,542 Alfa Romeo Sprint GTs made from 1963-1966 for $35,000. But if you want one of the 500 Sprint GTAs, homologated for racing, it will cost you $700,000. I was recently driven over a mountain road at 10/10ths and 8000 rpm in a GTA, that was purchased by its driver in the 80s for $6000. Don't you want to be that guy?

Let’s discuss the EV02’s base car, the M3. I like everything about it, including the shape of the letters themselves. M stands for Motorsport, and the M3 was built to race. It is what the cognoscenti call a homologation car. Ho-mol-o-gation. In the 1980s, BMW wanted to win the DTM (Deutsche Tourenwagen Master) racing series. They needed a racing engine, wider wheels, stronger suspension, better brakes, quicker steering, close-ratio gearbox and aerodynamics to press the tourenwagen to the tarmac. In order to be considered a production car, 5000 examples had to be built. And build them they did, winning the World, European, British, Italian and German championships.

The aesthetic effect of which transformed a Twiggy of a car into a Marilyn Monroe, with a voluptuous hourglass, and a rear spoiler that draws stares. And because the car is a homologation, the large flares and shapely rear end are natural, without any of the cheap perfume and burning rice of aftermarket body kits.

Every year in racing there is an evolution of the cars as builders learn what wins and adapt the cars to do so. But these EVOlutionary changes require only 500 cars to qualify. There were three EVO M3s built in 1987, 1988 and 1989. The EVO1 is indistinguishable from a production M3 except for a slightly modified head that produces no additional power. The EVO2 is the Goldilocks of the range, with significant mechanical, aerodynamic and visual modifications. The EVO3 or Sport EVO is most valuable, with a 2.5 liter engine upgrade and 90s style seats and suede. In total, around 1500 EVOs were made. The EVO1 is for those who want to buy the name, the EVO2 is like a Carrera RS, and the Sport EVO is the Carrera RS Lightweight.

An EVO2 looks even better than a Neanderthal M3. The front spoiler is noticeably extended. What it lacks in proportion it makes up for in distinction, like adding as ascot to already shapely neck. Brake ducts supplant foglights. The EVO2 wheels are Goldilocks plus-one 16s. Fifteens are runtish, and 17s stancish. A cammy, highly-compressed, freer-breathing engine painted white, red and blue. Headlight wipers like Cara Delevingne’s eyebrows. Tartan seats like a John Holmes’ kilt. A plaque to make you proud. And rear headrests to keep your kids from snapping their necks; because those smart enough to buy an EVO2 should propagate their genes.

It not only looks, but drives better. Thinner glass and lighter bumpers and rear deck drop the weight a shruggish 22 pounds. But thinner glass is just cool. Every panel that reduces weight is EVO bespoke and therefore super-bitchin. If you are used to a U.S. M3 with sunroof and air-conditioning its like your wife returning from Canyon Ranch in sized down skinny jeans.

So she is a bit lighter, and about 10 percent more powerful at 220 horsepower. Higher-compression pistons (11 vs 10.5), bigger cams (264 vs 248), stiffer valve springs, improved intake and little bit of chipping add 20 horsepower. Big deal, you may say. And sure, you could hotrod your M3, to go along with your SC powered Carrera RS replica. But it will never be an EVO2.

The flywheel is lightened, which in terms of feel, makes as big a difference as the engine work. At idle it’s has a little more clatter, which combined with the lope of the cam, alerts your senses, like a Kudu hearing the purr of a Lion under a Serrenghetti moonrise. Because of the flywheel, the engine feels like its spinning up in zero-gravity field, rather than a vat of syrup. And once it comes on cam at 5000 rpm, it rips to 7300 with frenzied excitement.

What’s more fun; galloping and jumping a whipped pony over a felled tree, or nonchalantly stepping over it in a Clydesdale? Over-tired, magnetorheological-damped, turbo-torque-boosted, stability-controlled, automatically-shifted sports cars are boring to drive unless you are on track with systems off. Keeping up with the car in front of you is a snoozer. But try keeping up with a Porsche 991 in an E30 M3, and you’ll be slotting a buzzy shifter, playing morse code with the redline, and steering with the vibrating accelerator. Heel-and-toe before the corner, keeping the engine on cam, with an entry speed high enough to chirp the front tires, snap the throttle and come out of the corner with a hint of opposite lock and rear wheels slipping their angle. Up ahead, the guy in the 991 is texting.

For Americans, an additional benefit of the EVO2 lies under the right hand, which shifts a Getrag, close-ratio, dogleg gearbox. I like everything about that sentence. Getrag sounds like a the name of a dashing German Viscount. A close-ratio gearbox helps keep the peaky engine in its powerband during shifts, optimizes gear selection and allows the engine to reach redline in 5th gear. Dogleg gearboxes suck if you live in LA, but rule if you drive in the curves. Once you’re out of first, the most important shifts, second to third and back, are in a straight line. And a dogleg gearbox is inherently chic, unlike our hickish, wide-assed, easy-listening, elephant-leg of a gearbox, which leaves fifth gear out in set-it-and-forget-itstan.

The brakes are the same as an M3, but are cooled by ducts where the fog lamps one lived. All brakes do is convert momentum to heat, and large rotors just soak up more heat before warping. Cooling ducts are a cheat that virtually increases the size of the brakes, like speeding up a computer chip by using a flash drive. The benefits shine under repeated hard braking, like on the track or when your Valentine One keeps going off.

The net effect of all these evolutions: lighter weight, bigger contact patches, more and freer power, better aerodynamics, braking, shifting and grip, make the EVO2 a viscerally more engaging drive.

The fact that your entry is welcomed by M3 sill plates, your foot is braced upon a M footrest, your torso gripped by Motorsports fabric, back branded by tricolor seat lapels, and eyes shaded from the glint of an EVO2 plaque, distinguishes the experience from a normal M3.

EVO2 number 463 is a French car purchased in Belgium with 104,000 extensively documented and well maintained miles. I repainted the front and rear spoilers and deck, which is prone to failure. The interior is excellent and original, benefiting from a gentle, garaged patina on the grey leather that bolsters the cloth seats. The color is Macau Blue, named after the Macau Guia Touring Car Race, held on the streets of the Chinese Las Vegas since 1954. BMW won in 1987 and 1988 in M3s and adopted the name for the beloved Motorsports-only color.

It has hints of purple when the sun is highest, fading to navy when it’s lowest. The EVO2 was available also available in Misano Red and Nogaro Silver. But the Macau Blue goes best with the silver cloth and leather interior. Red on silver? I don’t think so.

The paint is mostly original, with a deep shine spiced by light peppering on the places where one would now put Clearbra. If you run on the Autobahn, trucks will fire debris at the rotational speed of their tires, chipping windshield and bonnet. I think of the patina as characterful, like a man in dinner jacket and eye patch, who turns to reveal a thin, cruel dueling scar; evidence of a life well lived.

I purchased the EVO2 in Belgium and drove it for several days through the Netherlands and Germany. It was in very good, original condition. But it took six months and around $20,000 in travel, shipping, mechanical, painting and detailing to bring it to the condition it is in today.

It comes with extensive documentation that can be viewed at the link above, French title, and complete EPA and DOT paperwork.

EVO2s did not have a catalyst and hence you if you are in a state which requires smog you would probably have to put on a U.S. catalyst, oxygen sensor and evaporative canister in the trunk. In California only, there is the additional cost of having the car tested at a certified laboratory, which costs about $2400.

But the costs are worth it. After all, who would want a Homo Erectus of an M3 when you could enjoy the EVOlutionary benefits of a Sapient plaything? Haven’t any of you seen the movie Quest for Fire? Buy the only M3 EVO2 that has ever been for sale in the United States and drive it off into a sunset aglow with appreciation.

Spend $90,000 on a new Boxster and it will be worth half that in five years. Spend $90,000 on this EVO2 and in five years it may be worth double.

bmwdrivers.txt

Throatwarbler fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jun 13, 2014

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Jesus christ dude if it's going to be worth $400,000 in 15 years why are you selling it now

Geirskogul posted:

Rare doesn't equal good

quite true.

I mean, in this case it is a really cool car. But it is NOT worth $90k, nor will it EVER be worth $400k.

Kenshin fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jun 13, 2014

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Rare doesn't equal good

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Welp, everyone else can stop posting to craigslist, the game has been won and is over.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4504946742.html

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

haha he put in an odometer reading and a VIN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.
That thing is for sale again?