Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
I feel privileged to be a fan of this group.

It's so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite

Björk posted:

i am proud to announce my vocals landed on the new death grips album ! i adore death grips and i am thrilled to be their "found object" ! i have been lucky enough to hang and exchange music loves w/ them and witness them grow !! epic : onwards !!

Most of her fans don't seem to be into this though. :frogbon:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Her fans are terrible, almost to juggalo levels.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
Bjork is so much cooler than her fans

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
This the best loving band.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Black Quarterback is loving unbelievable

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
This already sounds better than Government Plates.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why has nobody commented on the intro to Say Hey Kid? Seriously, I still can't get over that loving drumming.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Griff Lee posted:

I feel privileged to be a fan of this group.

It's so good.

If you're a fan of Death Grips you're probably privileged, yeah

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

Something ironic, I'm certain
Other than the first track, I'm not crazy about niggas on the moon. Then again, I had similar sentiments about Government Plates, and that turned out to be my favorite album down the road.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Stuntman posted:

Why has nobody commented on the intro to Say Hey Kid? Seriously, I still can't get over that loving drumming.

Haven't been able to peep this yet but I assume that is Zach Hill since he's a loving virtuoso drummer when he's not being a cool noise artist. Grab "Hold Your Horse Is" by Hella to get a full dosage.

fruition
Feb 1, 2014
I first heard Takyon years ago and loving loved it but for some reason I never looked deeper into their other poo poo.

Biggest mistake of my life. Thanks to all in this thread for showing me the light!

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.
I'm not gonna say I'm just amazed, 'cause the texture and flow from the whole thing feels quite similar with no gigantic distinguishability between songs... But! There are a lot of albums like that that I enjoy. So this seems like one I'll listen to as a whole more than the others.

I love MC Ride's vocal experimentation and smooth delivery here (mostly, glad they kept some of the abrasive side). I love that I can always come to Death Grips for a unique, very modern experience that can't be matched. Wonder if they're going to round off this sound style with a third album like with the first trio of albums.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Didn't see this posted here, but DG just did a track with The Bug and it owns: https://soundcloud.com/ninja-tune/the-bug-gently caress-a-bitch-feat

Long John Silvers
Apr 17, 2013

HorseRenoir posted:

Didn't see this posted here, but DG just did a track with The Bug and it owns: https://soundcloud.com/ninja-tune/the-bug-gently caress-a-bitch-feat

I dig it. Looks like there are some other good features on that album, too.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

So I was listening to Death Grips in the shower, and when I got out there was a spider in the sink. I trapped it in an airtight plastic bag and left it to suffocate.

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

So I was listening to Death Grips in the shower, and when I got out there was a spider in the sink. I trapped it in an airtight plastic bag and left it to suffocate.

epic for the win

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
How do you pull up somewhere going over a speed limit?

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite

Eggie posted:

Other than the first track, I'm not crazy about niggas on the moon. Then again, I had similar sentiments about Government Plates, and that turned out to be my favorite album down the road.

This has happened to me with their every new release, ever since I found about them through Exmilitary. At first I'm not really sure whether it could stand up there with the previous ones, but eventually I learn to love it.

And as someone who is currently listening through NotM for like the 15th time, this is really good.
The flow between tracks is pretty cool, it's like a one continuous song.

Franz von Dada fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jun 13, 2014

Neonman
Aug 17, 2009
As much as I love Death Grips, this is so far my least favourite from them. Definitely reminds me of Government Plates, but with less structure and cohesion. I'm still digging it, especially Say Hey Kid (lyrics and their delivery remind me of one of my fave DG songs, Birds) and Big Dipper (I'm especially liking the Bjork samples), but the album doesn't sound complete. Maybe that's because it isn't, I'll hold full judgement until Jenny's Death comes out.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Just spun it once and it's cool but I like The Money Store better. Have a Sad Cum is a good song with a great name though.

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Haha this is great

I enjoyed the new album, I think I like exmilitary the most but it's hard to match the impact of hearing that for the first time.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
So this was just posted on the Death Grips page on Facebook:

"we are now at our best and so Death Grips is over. we have officially stopped. all currently scheduled live dates are canceled. our upcoming double album "the powers that b" will still be delivered worldwide later this year via Harvest/Third Worlds Records. Death Grips was and always has been a conceptual art exhibition anchored by sound and vision. above and beyond a "band". to our truest fans, please stay legend."

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

oooooh

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Didn't they already do this once?

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Sad day

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

First thought was "please let this mean we get a new Hella record soon"

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
Bluhhhhhhhhh

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

a_big_dog posted:

First thought was "please let this mean we get a new Hella record soon"

I never even thought we'd get another duo album, Mr. Greedypants.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Catfish Noodlin posted:

So this was just posted on the Death Grips page on Facebook:

"we are now at our best and so Death Grips is over. we have officially stopped. all currently scheduled live dates are canceled. our upcoming double album "the powers that b" will still be delivered worldwide later this year via Harvest/Third Worlds Records. Death Grips was and always has been a conceptual art exhibition anchored by sound and vision. above and beyond a "band". to our truest fans, please stay legend."
So they've effectively dropped out of the NIN/Soundgarden tour this summer? :shepicide:

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Didn't they already do this once?
Yeah I was kind of expecting them to do something like this because I was sure they'd done it before.

I wasn't realistically expecting them to show up on that tour this summer when I bought tickets for it but it was still cool to hope for.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
funfunfun fest booked them again after they did this last year. WHAT THE gently caress

WHAT THE gently caress DEATH GRIPS Ahgfslkg

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RIP Death Grips

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

loving HELL

AtomicRust
Aug 6, 2013

Morning, Lister! How's life in hippie heaven, you pregnant baboon-bellied space beatnik?
My heart goes out to all those who bought tickets to see them live.

I love DG and everything and will miss them, but that's not a cool thing to do to your fans.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

AtomicRust posted:

My heart goes out to all those who bought tickets to see them live.

I love DG and everything and will miss them, but that's not a cool thing to do to your fans.
I bought tickets mainly for NIN and Death Grips, but I bought them assuming Death Grips wouldn't even show up. I'm still excited to see NIN but it's a bummer that Death Grips definitely dropped out just like I thought they would :smith:

Yeah okay man
Jun 17, 2012

Good for health
Bad for education
Sux2be DeathGrips fan.

Pretty lovely considering their music was entertaining to listen to. Doubt this will be the last of them.

Yeah okay man fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jul 3, 2014

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Fuuuuuck, Pitchfork is in two weeks. Why do you hate Chicago Death Grips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

incoherent posted:

Digging it. I really do think they're going to flood with a bunch of music and break up spontaneously. :(

Called it.

• Locked thread