Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's ultimately going to end up as Goldust's partner?
This poll is closed.
:gerty: Adam Rose :gerty: 30 8.96%
:420: Evan Bourne :420: 29 8.66%
:corsair: Rob Van Dam :corsair: 18 5.37%
:wcc: Vacant :wcc: 40 11.94%
218 65.07%
Total: 335 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Daniel Bryan posted:

NXT is being taped right now and apparently the crowd is chanting the released wrestlers' names.

A good crowd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

Luigi Thirty posted:

Clem Layfield.

If they don't do this I'll cry.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I wish it was Monday :(

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Jason Funk posted:

I decided to not renew a few weeks ago. I'd rather have Netflix

Don't they have you until August at least?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I can't imagine Drew AND Jinder were really making sigifigant salaries when you consider the size of the WWE, seems silly to get rid of a couple people that were actually being used regularly. You need some dumb jobbers and they were good in the role.

Roman Reigns posted:

Ugggghhhhhhh

Honestly though I've considered not renewing my subscription since the product has gone downhill for me in quality, so I guess that's not much of a surprise it hasn't been as successful at this point.

I guess what I'm trying to say is Vince/Dunn have got to go.

At this point I plan on letting it expire for a month and trying UFC Fight Pass since they don't require a long term commitment. There's also no question I'd give it up before my slightly more expensive Observer sub.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
JTG's employment streak ending is a bigger shock than Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak ending this year.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!
Heath Slater should be fine. Even before 3MB, he was being used a lot. During the countdown to Raw 1000, he was the guy that worked with the legends that probably hadn't seriously wrestled in over two decades.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
drat.

drat.

3MB and JTG on the same day? Brutal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VastXQ_hPb0

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Jason Funk posted:

I decided to not renew a few weeks ago. I'd rather have Netflix

But it's like Netflix, only better!™

Evil Badman posted:

Don't they have you until August at least?

You can turn auto-renewal off whenever you want. I did it Day 1, and, at best, am going to leave it lapsed for a couple of weeks when it runs out at the beginning of October. (I signed up the Friday before Mania.)

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
So... has Zack been fired yet?

I want him to be fired cause no offense to him WWE hates his rear end. I want to see him join up with Cabana on the Indies.

Hawkins, Compton, LG, Cabana, Ryder, Macintire... they could form an indie stable of guys who used to be on Smackdown! :suicide:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Maybe now that Jinder and Drew are gone, 3MB can go through a musical resurgence as Heathwig and the Angry Inch.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Ryder, Truth, Gabriel, Slater, Maddox, and Otunga are the only ones I can think of who might be next. I don't think they'll ditch Tyson Kidd and I think Ziggler's probably safe too.

Nobody will complain about Ryder, Truth hasn't been relevant since he dropped his conspiracy heel gimmick, Gabriel is talented but they have nothing for him, Slater just lost all of his stable so I wouldn't be shocked, they just got rid of Maddox on TV, and Otunga hasn't been seen for a long time aside from that Big Show lawsuit thing.

I think most of the Divas are safe now because of Total Divas, but they'll probably knock off a handful of NXT jobbers too.

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

For people keeping track, as of this moment the tag division now consists of:

Usos
Wyatts
Rybaxel
Matadores

Goldust & Whoever they're building him to with Cody
Truth & Woods
Ambrose & Reigns

Yeah I know, but they're still teams. This is usually around the time when a makeshift team of two top singles guys or a stable gets the belts and then just sits on them forever.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jun 13, 2014

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Skunkrocker posted:

I want him to be fired cause no offense to him WWE hates his rear end. I want to see him join up with Cabana on the Indies.

Hawkins, Compton, LG, Cabana, Ryder, Macintire... they could form an indie stable of guys who used to be on Smackdown! :suicide:

Luke Gallows is doing just fine and is one half of the IWGP Heavyweight Tag Champs.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Skunkrocker posted:

Compton already suggested to Hawkins that he should get booked by The Great Power Uti. :lol:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
RIP

DingoSlasher
Jul 25, 2013

It's a day job.
People say Woods/Truth are a tag team but are they really, when was the last time they even tagged togheter.

Woods is probably the next person to get cut.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

sticklefifer posted:

Yeah I know, but they're still teams. This is usually around the time when a makeshift team of two top singles guys or a stable gets the belts and then just sits on them forever.

I've been curious for a while but is there an indie promotion somewhere that focuses heavily on tag teams? Or trio's?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I think there's something wrong with that referee :gonk:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

At least Teddy and Aksana can finally find happiness together :unsmith:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Has this been posted yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVvegTImA2M

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Fibby Boy posted:

I've been curious for a while but is there an indie promotion somewhere that focuses heavily on tag teams? Or trio's?

Chikara was always big on that not sure if anyone else has moved into that as a regular thing since they closed or whatever their status is now.

The Croc fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 13, 2014

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rarity posted:

I think there's something wrong with that referee :gonk:

That's racist

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Slater comes out next week singing his own theme song in the saddest voice you'll ever hear. Gets in the ring to air guitar and and just does a circle motion without shaking his hips. Lays down so his opponent can pin him. After his opponent leaves he lays there singing his theme again.

":smith: I'm the one man baaaaaaaaaand. :smith:"

Edit: Alternatively WWE will release a new shirt as a jab to JTG.

Eat
Sleep
Collect a Paycheck
Repeat

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 13, 2014

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

I can't stop crying.

Why does it hurt so bad.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Fibby Boy posted:

Lucha tends to be pretty heavy on tag matches and trios.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

And it seems to me like you lived your life

Like a Hustler from Brooklyn

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Fibby Boy posted:

Slater comes out next week singing his own theme song in the saddest voice you'll ever hear. Gets in the ring to air guitar and and just does a circle motion without shaking his hips. Lays down so his opponent can pin him. After his opponent leaves he lays there singing his theme again.

":smith: I'm the one man baaaaaaaaaand. :smith:"

Bad News Barrett is furious when he can do nothing further to ruin Heath's day.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Writer Cath posted:

Bad News Barrett is furious when he can do nothing further to ruin Heath's day.

If this results in Barret following Heath around trying to depress him only to find he's already super sad about losing his friends, I'll say it's worth it.

Bad News Barrett's one foe, Sad Sack Slater.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Tatum Girlparts posted:

If this results in Barret following Heath around trying to depress him only to find he's already super sad about losing his friends, I'll say it's worth it.

Bad News Barrett's one foe, Sad Sack Slater.

BNB: If you're looking to have a raisin bran muffin from catering, I'm afraid I've got some bad news because Kofi ate the last one.

Heath: Raisin bran was Drew's favourite :sigh:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
"If you were expecting a match against me tonight, I'm afraid I've got some bad news"

"It's ok man, I'm not as good without my friends I know..."

Then Barret just stands there kinda awkwardly trying to smirk before his exit music hits and he shuffles away quickly.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Slater's new gimmick is entering the ring, sitting cross legged and just sobbing. His opponent shuffles around awkwardly before counting himself out out of pity. Heath goes on to win WWE championship

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Sono posted:

You can turn auto-renewal off whenever you want. I did it Day 1, and, at best, am going to leave it lapsed for a couple of weeks when it runs out at the beginning of October. (I signed up the Friday before Mania.)

I bet I am like most people, they OD'd on it for a few weeks and now only turn it on for 'special events.' I will probably cancel after the 6 months and I bet a ton of other people are too. I mostly subscribed because I love the idea of it, but if I lost the network tomorrow I'd survive. I'll probably buy it again next year for the Royal Rumble -> Wrestlemania run.

Can you ever go month to month or will it always be 6 months?

I am really surprised they broke up 3MB. They were part of the best match 2 PPVs ago (not the main focus, but still) and the show has always needed a few doofuses to get their butts whipped, which 3MB did an awesome job at.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Sex Robot posted:

Slater's new gimmick is entering the ring, sitting cross legged and just sobbing. His opponent shuffles around awkwardly before counting himself out out of pity. Heath goes on to win WWE championship

Championship advantage won't allow that poo poo son

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Fibby Boy posted:

Chikara, pretty much. They had tag belts almost six years before crowning their first heavyweight champion. They also do a three-day trios tournament every year (except last year) that's always a good time with one of them just announced.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Though now I'm picturing Barrett going around like Dale Gribble, firing everyone.

"Hey Stephanie, anyone else to sack? I'm still thirsty."

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

Chikara, pretty much. They had tag belts almost six years before crowning their first heavyweight champion. They also do a three-day trios tournament every year (except last year) that's always a good time with one of them just announced.

Huh. Alright guess I'll have to start watching Chikara.

Writer Cath posted:

Though now I'm picturing Barrett going around like Dale Gribble, firing everyone.

"Hey Stephanie, anyone else to sack? I'm still thirsty."

The sound of Barrett's podium instantly terrifies anyone who hears it. It ends up becoming this campfire ghost story guys on the lower card/jobbers tell each other.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/12/wwe-brodus-clay-released-dolphins-japan-the-cove-protest-hunters/#ixzz34Ssx9ZpO

:stare:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

RIP Brodus Clay; killed by a harpoon gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I'd like to see Heath Slater reform 3MB with R-Truth and Xavier Woods, refocusing the music on a funk/rap trajectory to appeal to a new "urban demographic".

• Locked thread