Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Changing my vote from F to J

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
1. C
2. I don't care what we say to him.
3. G
4. M (unless telling them was L, then L)

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

quote:

Diog: If I die IRL I am handing the game over to a collaboration between serspook, slan, basscop and tsyni.
21:14 Tsyni: perfeccccct
21:14 FoxTerrier: I demand to be involved
21:14 Diog: serspook can figure out the technical bits and they can be a hungering monster

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

At least post the full bit:

quote:

22:14:44 | <Diog> If I die IRL I am handing the game over to a collaboration between serspook, slan, basscop and tsyni.
22:14:53 | <Tsyni> perfeccccct
22:14:57 | <FoxTerrier> I demand to be involved
22:15:00 | <Diog> serspook can figure out the technical bits and they can be a hungering monster
22:15:00 | <FoxTerrier> as Snarls' representative
22:15:03 | <Diog> fine
22:15:07 | <FoxTerrier> excellent
22:15:08 | <SerSpook> yes
22:15:11 | <SerSpook> yes!
22:15:26 | <Diog> ....did I just incentive the four of you to find me IRL and murder me?
22:15:32 | <FoxTerrier> someone post this to the board for posterity before he realizes what he's done
22:15:34 | <Diog> ....I am checking my breaks in the morning before I go to work.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Diogines posted:

At least post the full bit:

i began posting before i read that part

it was in no way an attempt to remove foxterrier and surely push the game in a pro-Asherah direction, for truly I am Team El

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

SerSpook posted:

it was in no way an attempt to remove foxterrier and surely push the game in a pro-Asherah direction, for truly I am Team El

Only because of this :colbert:

code:
01:32:13: HiHoChiRho sighs
01:32:15: <serspook> y'all are overestimating our ability to impact that poo poo
01:32:26: <Kyyp> Yeah but its HIS city
01:32:28: <Asherah> YOU WANT ACTION
01:32:33: Asherah EATS SerSpook
01:32:36: <Asherah> OM NOM NOM
01:32:38: <Kyyp> All he will care about is that we watched and didnt help
01:32:42: <el> gently caress you Asherah
01:32:43: <Asherah> OH THE ACTION IS SO DELICIOUS
01:32:43: <Kyyp> He will see how big we are
01:32:48: <el> Suck my God-Dick
01:32:49: <Asherah> gently caress you El
01:32:56: <Asherah> your dick so small
01:32:58: <el> You know you wanna eat it
01:32:59: <Kyyp> He will take one look at us and assume a lot of Mightyness and if we say we just watched
01:33:01: <Kyyp> he wont give us poo poo
01:33:02: <Asherah> it's why i divorced your rear end

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

SerSpook posted:

LIES.

Once Diog's brakes are cut and the coup rises Diog dies a totally natural death, I'll know who to keep a third eye on.

I'll be watching you, Spook.

:stalker:

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

wait...

where is the fish? :ohdear:

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

FoxTerrier posted:

LIES.

Once Diog's brakes are cut and the coup rises Diog dies a totally natural death, I'll know who to keep a third eye on.

I'll be watching you, Spook.

:stalker:

Jesus is colourblin
Apr 13, 2008

Being colourblind ain't easy :(
for whatever it's worth, I vote to leave. El damnit, this is not about us. It's about some loving kings having some real serious tantrums about other kings, and the fact that those tantrums involves thousands of innocent lives being wasted doesn't even register for them as a thing to give one gently caress about. As someone ever so eloquently said: These are the backwaters; gently caress'em. gently caress'em right to gently caress. How dare they. gently caress.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

SerSpook posted:

FoxTerrier is only Snarls' representative, that's compatible with an Asherahn direction. Snarls, terror of the deeps, he knows the look that makes the food fall from grace.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

A Terrible Person posted:

3K: Erect an altar to El, but don't burn anything; we sacrificed a part of ourself already just witnessing the battle.

Was supposed to be:

3K: Erect an altar to El and then just walk away from the city without burning anything. We already sacrificed a part of ourself just witnessing the battle.

I'll edit my previous vote, too.

maxhush posted:

Wait, is this the vote? I don't know I just want to punch/stab/yell things to death and have some (more) action in this CYOA about Bronze Age Gokus riding siege towers to the ground, not arguing about the exact correct interpretation vs gist of 'Do not destroy/Do not interfere' or using them as reasons to not be Goku.

I like the amount of action we've been witness to so far. I like that we've managed to survive it all for so long considering all the monsters, demons, and competing factions in Ur. I can also appreciate that we're micromanaging the day-to-day challenges of a supernatural person who lives in a world where Heroes can stay active for centuries and where people who have something extra (like ourself) can live indefinitely. We're a 20-year-old immortal experiencing how the world really works outside of our special bubble for the first time, we're horrified by it, and we expect our "superior" knowledge (as informed by the fairy tales and customs of a backwater village coupled with bizarre notions of idealism) to lead us to instant victory The Enemy. Whoever said our earlier votes perfectly reflected our character's age was spot on because, at this point, we're a young adult who is privileged with money and power and thinks he is able to talk his way in and out of even the most dire situations. Hell, we recently had to debate whether or not we were capable of beating back an entire army led by superior forces using faith and Bloodstraps alone.

Let's play this pilgrimage as safe as possible, gain as much knowledge as possible, not act on any crazy impulses in Baitel even if given shocking new information, return home, and then time-skip a decade or so to the point where we're skilled enough to adventure reliably without worrying about being killed by a neighboring farmer who happens to be a forgotten King's absurdly-pious distant nephew or something.

And, holy hell, I left the window open for far too long.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

When the Hamathan soldiers(villagers?) wished to flee, you let them. They fled from you towards their home as quickly as they could, hoping to get there before any further chaos spread. This battle is probably going to make this little corner of Ur an... exciting place to live for the foreseable future.

As the battle ends Uriah is angry and says to you "We could have stopped this! We could have done something! We should have done something!"

You tell Uriah that "We might have made a difference. Perhaps. Yet we are not of Tadmore, nor are we of Harmath. This is not our fight, and I have sworn oaths to not take part in the petty conflicts of Kings. I also promised my father that I would not take part in such a thing. El sent a Melachim to call me into action, not to get involved in such a battle, as much as I may have liked to. I will trust in the wisdom of my father on this matter."

Uriah is headstrong and eager for a fight but you have more than proven yourself to him and so he sighs, rebuked and says "...alright. I guess I have to as well then, don't I?" Jobe nods in approval of your decision.

"The fight is over, lets try to help how we can for now at least. Come on." You head into the city with Uriah, Jobe, Danal and Snarls.

You repeat a line you have had to say many times in the last several months since this long trip began, answering the question of "Who the El are you?" with "We are Zepathan pilgrims." Indeed you repeat this line a number of times as you and your companions help to battle fires in the western edge of the city. The fact you are a nearly nine foot tall man of a different color and would be known to the men of Tadmor if you were from any neighboring city probably helps distinguish the fact you are not a foe. By late that night you manage to help put out several fires. You may not be a Mighty man, but you are far superior to any common man and thanks to your increased toughness and strength, you even manage to help save a family trapped inside of their burning home by heroically rushing inside and tearing aside some burning debris. Many people have died this day, you personally saved a man, his wife and four of their children. Perhaps not much compared to the countless slain this day, but a small victory. Snarls helped to comfort a number of distraught children while the rest of you battled fires.

Whose a good boy?

It is not long after when you are approached by one of the Mighty Men of Tadmor who says "You are the Zepathans". It is not a question, it is a statement "The King requests your presence. Come."

You are tired, from the strong emotional toll of the day and from the effort expended helping to fight fires but you follow. Despite your fatigue in some ways you feel... better or at least more calm. Every so often you hear a scream somewhere distant in the city and strongly suspect that some of them are from the newly deceased, wounded who are only now perishing, yet the sounds are far less frequent than the heart shattering ordeal you were forced to endure earlier this day.

You are lead to Tadmor's hospital with your companions. There are no hospitals in Zepath, but you know what a hospital is. A hospital is a building where sick or injured people are taken to be given mundane medical care. Medical care beyond the sort provided for by the temple exists, doctors are a respectable trade, your slave Hidai has such skills. Several of the cities you have passed through have hospitals. Zepath is not large enough to need a hospital.

You are brought to meet an old man, maybe seventy or so? You recognize his armor, though he has his helmet off now. The king of Tadmor, King Jehoram. He is excellent shape for his age but he looks tired, which makes sense considering what you saw him do earlier today. He has a significant Presence. As you know, gauging Presences is... difficult, but his is the largest in the city, second only to the one you feel coming from the Temple of El. He is eating a late meal, your own hunger is significant at this point and the food is welcome. Danal and Uriah may not have your ridiculous appetite, but both eat more than normal men, being of well Blooded stock. King Jehoram is not wounded, if you had to guess he was probably tending to the wounded and had you brought to talk with him while he ate. The old man says to you "Many have died this day, but I am told we have you to thank for saving Ashkalon, a small mercy. Let no man say that the men of Tadmor do not pay their debts." The old man motions for a servant standing in the corner to approach and set down a bowl.

Rubies. Raw and uncut. Your smith ball Adina may not be here to value them for you, but the contents of this bowl are probably worth at least a hundred pounds of silver. Possibly much more.

1. Do you accept King Jehoram's reward?
A. Yes.
B. No.
C. Tell him to give it to El's temple.
D. Tell him to give it to the people of Ashkalon.
E. Something else. Fill in.

You do not know his name, but one of the Harmathan princes tried to persuade King Zobah to call off the siege. During the battle you saw that this prince was tackled by... a strange individual and pushed just out of the range of the falling siege tower. Later you saw the Tadmorans take him prisoner, it looked like he was unconscious for the entire battle.

2. Do you wish to tell King Jehoram that one of the Harmathan prince who counseled King Zobah to call off the siege?
F. No.
G. Yes.
H. Yes. And I tell him that I think that El took mercy upon him.
I. Yes. I tell him that that I think that El took mercy upon him AND I urge King Jehoram to do the same.

J. Something else. Fill in.

A number of strange things have happened to you in the last few days, not the least of which was being given a task by the Melachim.

3. Do you wish to tell King Jehoram of the Melachim who sent you here and recount the events since?
K. No.
L. Yes.
M. Something else. Fill in.

King Jehoram looks to Danal and asks "You are Tudiya's son?" You have been with Danal since you arrived in the city, you simply claimed to be pilgrims, no one here has been told Tudiya is your father. Danal looks to you before he responds.

4. Do you let Danal answer?
N. Nod to Danal. It's fine.
O. Shake your head.

P. Something else. Fill in.

To settle the pacing fight, I said earlier today you are going back on the road tomorrow night no matter what. See this post:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3550307&userid=129241&perpage=40&pagenumber=76#post430961699

If we have a vote count ready in the morning, we will update in the morning. I hope to have 1 to 2 smaller updated in during the day and a larger one at night. I'd like to hold off on questions till then as your responses may influence his own.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jun 13, 2014

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

1. A E--give it to widows and orphans, on behalf of the Line of Zepa.

2. H

3. L

4. N

If this dude looks 70, he is probably well over a century old. Maybe 2 or more. He is likely why serfs aren't a thing here, and can probably be counted upon to be more traditional. I think we can trust the dude.

Also 100 pounds of silver, yay.

vvv

He probably remembers Tudiya from his own pilgrimage. If I had to bet the King is older than Tudiya even, though not as Blooded. He might see Danal as a young Tudiya.

SerSpook fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jun 13, 2014

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

^^^ Stop being greedy and give the money to the widows and orphans, you goober.

1. E. Tell him to use the rubies to tend to the widows and orphans that have been made this day, on behalf of the line of Zepa.

2. I The Prince tried to do the right thing. Let us speak for him. Haven't enough died today, after all?

3. L Something tells me was can trust this man.

4. N Methinks he knows Tudiyah and recognizes the face of his son.

PS Snarls is the BEST

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jun 13, 2014

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

1. D We are getting plenty from our caravan.
2. I Mercy is never misplaced.
3. L
4. N

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

HiHo ChiRho posted:

3. L
4. N

This sounds good to me.

Also, thank you Diog for skipping the introductions and attempting to find a happy compromise. It is appreciated.

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jun 13, 2014

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

HiHo ChiRho posted:

3. L
4. N

This

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
1. A -- yes. don't look a gift horse in the mouth, just take the rubies
2. H -- yes.
3. L -- yes. People need to know El doesn't gently caress around.
4. N -- yeah, this king sounds cool.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

IRC bit of information posted:

<FoxTerrier> That's not that much compared to the bank we're going to make in Baitel
<Diog> You will get a third of the profits from the trip, which is your normal split with your Balls. From that, your expected to pay our bonuses to those of your Balls who merited it. A hundred pounds of silver is nothing to sneeze at.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

I have been convinced.

Changing A to E--give it to widows and orphans, on behalf of the Line of Zepa.

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
1. E Give it to widows and orphans, on behalf of the Line of Zepa.
2. I
3. L
4. N

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Diogines posted:

100 IS a lot...

True. But we failed to help the King's men on the battlefield, so let us help their widows and orphans now. We can afford it.

Besides, the city and surrounding towns (and likely the harvest) of Tamdor have been ravaged. The money will likely help. At a minimum, it will be appreciated and encourage the King to look on us well...and to speak on us well to others too.

So besides being the Right Thing to Do, it's a worthy diplomatic investment. Having a King friendly to us in the interior could well be worth more than 100 pounds of silver one day.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
1. - Accept, then set aside half for the people of the city.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

E Widows & orphans etc. We did it as part of our pledge, we already got payment for it.
H
L
N

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

E, plan FoxTerrier
H
L
N

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
1. C: Your debt is not to I, but El, let us donate to Him instead.

2. H.
3. K. Just don't see what we have to gain. Well, unless it's actually to let him know why he won today, or at least what helped turn the tide. You know what, yeah, that sounds good, lemme just strike this out here
3. L.
4. N.

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008

A
G
L
N

Take the drat money. gently caress the widows and orphans.

sotary
Sep 11, 2001

FoxTerrier posted:

1. E. Tell him to use the rubies to tend to the widows and orphans that have been made this day, on behalf of the line of Zepa.

2. I The Prince tried to do the right thing. Let us speak for him. Haven't enough died today, after all?

PS Snarls is the BEST

Yes

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Votecount is up.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

FoxTerrier posted:

PS Snarls is the BEST

This is what I was thinking. I vote this.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Tsyni posted:

This is what I was thinking. I vote this.

what

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
1-A, explain that we are on Pilgrimage with several hundred Pilgrims not far away and that this will go to feeding them. Also of course that we must hurry to rejoin them since the surrounding lands may no longer be safe.
2-H, telling him about this son of Zobah is basically why we are here.
3-L, tell him the basic story of how we cam to Ashkalon and to be here, or otherwise 2-H makes no sense.
4-N of course Danal can respond.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Wait, why are we considering accepting the rubies on the basis that we saved the city? We did jack and poo poo to save it. We should tell him about the mission, and then see if he still wants to give us some rubies for being such swell guys.

1. E. Leave the question of the rubies in abeyance until after we tell him about the divine message.

2. I.

3. L.

4. N. If Dala really needs our help on this one, uh, sure, go ahead man.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc
1.E, give the money to the widows and orphans of the war.
2.H
3.L
4.N

This kings pretty cool so far. We still shouldn't stay too long though, maybe just the night before we get back to our caravan.

e:^^^The rubies were for saving Ashkalon, the village from earlier.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
2. G
3. L
4. N

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

1. Do you accept King Jehoram's reward?
A. Yes.

2. Do you wish to tell King Jehoram that one of the Harmathan prince who counseled King Zobah to call off the siege?
H. Yes. And I tell him that I think that El took mercy upon him.

3. Do you wish to tell King Jehoram of the Melachim who sent you here and recount the events since?
L. Yes.

4. Do you let Danal answer?
N. Nod to Danal. It's fine.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006

FoxTerrier posted:

PS Snarls is the BEST

Voting for all of this, right here.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

SerSpook posted:

1. E--give it to widows and orphans, on behalf of the Line of Zepa.

2. H

3. L

4. N

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

1. A
2. G
3. L
4. N