Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JoeMB
Aug 13, 2011

Karthe posted:

Is there a way to block "encrypted" or password-protected downloads? One of my...ISO files...downloaded 99% of the way before SABNZD quit saying it was unable to unzip the file. Fortunately it was only about 300MB but still, that's a waste of my block.

If you go to switches tab in sab settings there should be an option called. " Action when encrypted RAR is downloaded" and set that to abort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
What are you guys doing for shows you watch that Usenet never gets or shows that get DMCA'd immediately? I would assume ThePirateBay fork of SickBeard but some said that it's long dead and not being updated.

My problem is some of the shows I watch are so obscure ( :smug: ) that Usenet doesn't even get them uploaded, and I have to rely on ThePirateBay fork of SickBeard. And my only real issue with it is that it refuses to move my downloads to their proper folder (for example, it downloads to C:\User\Downloads but never puts the file in D:\TV\Obscure Show\Season 1

I tried to stop caring about where folders were placed and just told XBMC and Plex to scan the C:\User\Downloads folder for new shows but it never finds any of them. I have to resort to browsing in "file mode" in XBMC to watch anything new downloaded via TPB. This has been driving me mad for a month now, so any suggestions by someone smarter than I would be greatly appreciated.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I watch pretty obscure shows too but can't think of many that don't get picked up. Also are the DMCAs you're talking about when backfilling or when new episodes land? I'm guessing both of these issues can be resolved with changing your provider or your search site (or settings). I'm able to get everything I watch from the channel that DMCAs pretty much everything if I have SB handle it, it's only if I manually try get stuff like that hours later it fails.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

I watch pretty obscure shows too but can't think of many that don't get picked up. Also are the DMCAs you're talking about when backfilling or when new episodes land? I'm guessing both of these issues can be resolved with changing your provider or your search site (or settings). I'm able to get everything I watch from the channel that DMCAs pretty much everything if I have SB handle it, it's only if I manually try get stuff like that hours later it fails.

Nope, it's stuff as soon as it airs. I would say have the shows I watch never get picked up via Usenet using Sickbeard. Some are DMCAs but some are never even uploaded to Usenet (one of the shows being one that you would laugh if someone told you they downloaded because it's free, airs daily, and is an OTA show).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'd say consider a different provider then, they must be reacting to takedown reqs almost straight away.

And nope, I wouldn't laugh at that - I don't use a TV tuner at all anymore. Even though most UK shows are on catchup services, it's still just more convenient to just plug it into SB instead.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

I'd say consider a different provider then, they must be reacting to takedown reqs almost straight away.

I am using Usenetserver. Are they known for being particularly crappy with that?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'm not a heavy downloader but the one TV show I'm downloading regularly at the moment is something that's very, very popular and I've had no problems with my newsgroupdirect block account (Highwind reseller).

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I can't remember the last night nzbdrone/sickbeard failed to download something that has later been DMCA'd. Are you checking every 2 hours or something? Set it to 15 minuts, make sure your SAB isnt paused, and I can't imagine they can DMCA the post before you download it.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004

Melmac posted:

Nope, it's stuff as soon as it airs. I would say have the shows I watch never get picked up via Usenet using Sickbeard. Some are DMCAs but some are never even uploaded to Usenet (one of the shows being one that you would laugh if someone told you they downloaded because it's free, airs daily, and is an OTA show).

I too watch Jeopardy.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Gozinbulx posted:

I too watch Jeopardy.

:lol:

It's not just me, right? It isn't on Usenet, correct?

kri kri posted:

make sure your SAB isnt paused,

What does this mean?

e: there's a show that I know for a fact is uploaded to Usenet, but Sickbeard (TPB fork) insists on downloading it via torrent/TPB. Is there any way to stop this? I only want it resorting to torrents for failed Usenet downloads or shows that are never uploaded to Usenet. Are people just uploading it to TPB sooner, so it chooses to grab it from them instead?

jenny jones fan fucked around with this message at 15:05 on May 23, 2014

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

It means to make sure your usenet client (I assume sabnzbd) is not paused so the sickbeard download downloads immediately so you can get it before it gets DMCA'd.

kri kri fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 23, 2014

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Melmac posted:

:lol:

It's not just me, right? It isn't on Usenet, correct?

binsearch.info is showing a few episodes in a group called alt.binaries.bloaf from ages ago. Might be worth grabbing a client that scans headers and see if it's still ongoing in there and just not being picked up any more.

B-Nasty
May 25, 2005

I've had good luck using a search-based RSS feed for, um, things that are policed heavily. I think I have the refresh at like 15 minutes, so it tends to get it before it's DMCA'd. Of course, I'll get some stuff I don't want, but with an always on server and no bandwidth quota/unlimited DL NG provider, I'm cool with it.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
Coming back to Usenet after a couple years of silence. I'm dl'ing fine so far, but I'm having trouble using the firefox plug in. I've installed it, put the API info in and restarted. I'm using oznzb, and it doesn't seem to have any integration with SABnzbd. I also just upgraded Firefox the other day. Could that be it?

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Oh geez I was getting boatload of errors when downloading and I noticed that my Sabnzbd version was outright ancient. I think it was like .5 something. The one off of the stable Raspbian repository is old as dirt. Updating to the testing version put me up to 0.7.16. Lets see how that handles downloading stuff this sunday.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Newgroupdirect was slow as poo poo for me for the last month and then boom today all of a sudden I'm back up to 3 mbps. What the hell gives.

JoeMB
Aug 13, 2011
So does anyone know roughly when a new sale will be for block accounts that aren't highwinds (UNS Holdings)?

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code
Dognzb giving me errors on api.dognzb now.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

xgalaxy posted:

Dognzb giving me errors on api.dognzb now.

I noticed the same thing in my logs - seems to have cleared up now.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

EL BROMANCE posted:

And nope, I wouldn't laugh at that - I don't use a TV tuner at all anymore. Even though most UK shows are on catchup services, it's still just more convenient to just plug it into SB instead.

Even BBC iPlayer removes *some* stuff within a week to a month - which makes it kind of pointless if the first episode of a new series is gone before you even hear about it.

All the other UK TV catch-up services are unacceptable garbage - US TV levels of pre-roll advertising, which play again if you ever pause or rewind. Plus they seem to go out of their way to make it impossible to watch on an actual TV.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Hmm, all the sudden today I'm getting errors for failed login for Supernews. I haven't had to touch anything in ages... is something happening or do I just need to go check my login/password or something?

[edit] errr... SAB says:

481 Account is locked. (when I test Supernews)

[edit20 Doh, CC Expired. Sorry.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 17:45 on May 28, 2014

Crunchtime
Dec 16, 2005

I like to move it move it!
I'm having some issues when trying to search for content with CouchPotato/NZBDrone and SABnzbd. Everything was working yesterday, but today I can't find any content. When searching in CouchPotato, no results ever return and same when trying to scan for content in NZBDrone. I rechecked all of my IPs/APIs/ etc etc. I'm completely unable to figure out why content isn't being found.

Any tips?

Crunchtime fucked around with this message at 17:45 on May 31, 2014

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
What do the logfiles say for NZBDrone and CouchPotato? Are they finding something and if so, is it in retention? Bunch of possibilities there (usenet provider down, nzbs not being passed to SAB, etc) but you need to narrow it down.

JoeMB
Aug 13, 2011
If you're using DOGnzb they recently changed it so you have to use api.dognzb.cr for the address.

SteviaFan420
Apr 20, 2009
Is there a program I can point to a folder that will analyze whats in the folder and organize/rename a bunch of different TV shows/Movies? Right now I just have a single 2.5 TB Usenet folder.

Bur
Jul 30, 2006

SteviaFan420 posted:

Is there a program I can point to a folder that will analyze whats in the folder and organize/rename a bunch of different TV shows/Movies? Right now I just have a single 2.5 TB Usenet folder.
If you setup sickbeard you can manually post process the folder and it will sort the tv episodes out. I assume CouchPotatoServer has a similar feature too.
But its not fully automated, you need to add all the tv series to sickbeard etc first.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Bur posted:

If you setup sickbeard you can manually post process the folder and it will sort the tv episodes out. I assume CouchPotatoServer has a similar feature too.
But its not fully automated, you need to add all the tv series to sickbeard etc first.

For what it's worth, this does not work for the life of me when using torrents in Sickbeard (something I have had to resort to lately) no matter how hard I try.

An external program that scans a folder (in my instance, the folder torrents automatically download to) and for it to move the appropriate file to the appropriate folder for the show would be incredible.

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

Melmac posted:

For what it's worth, this does not work for the life of me when using torrents in Sickbeard (something I have had to resort to lately) no matter how hard I try.

An external program that scans a folder (in my instance, the folder torrents automatically download to) and for it to move the appropriate file to the appropriate folder for the show would be incredible.
You could probably use FlexGet for this.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Melmac posted:

I don't see why you can't use Filebot or TheRenamer to do this. Just schedule a task to run them every 5 minutes or something. I've only ever used the latter but I hear good things about FileBot.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Don't most torrent programs have auto-sort built in as well?

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

JoeMB posted:

If you're using DOGnzb they recently changed it so you have to use api.dognzb.cr for the address.

Bless you

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Is there an easy way for SB to tell me what is on one of my drive? A 3TB burnt out on me yesterday (Seagate, natch, don't buy em), but right now unless I go through things one by one I don't know what I've lost. I thought the Mass Update might help, but that just lets me reassign drive letters etc as far as I can see.

God damnit.

e: just did it by hand, sobbing as I went.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jun 6, 2014

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

I figure people in here might care about this:

If you have Charter in the St. Louis area, you might want to restart your cable modem. 30 mbit customers all got a free upgrade to 100 mbit.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Thermopyle posted:

If you have Charter in the St. Louis area, you might want to restart your cable modem. 30 mbit customers all got a free upgrade to 100 mbit.

I guess Charter forgot to flip the switch in SW Michigan because, despite the many notification letters I received, I'm still at 30 mbit. I've been looking forward to the upgrade for a month.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I guess Charter forgot to flip the switch in SW Michigan because, despite the many notification letters I received, I'm still at 30 mbit. I've been looking forward to the upgrade for a month.

Silly question, but do you have a router with QoS enabled? If you do, double-check that you have the correct maximum upload/download entered. I spent the better part of a week going back and forth with my cable company when they upgraded us from 10 to 30, before I finally noticed that setting.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Mthrboard posted:

Silly question, but do you have a router with QoS enabled? If you do, double-check that you have the correct maximum upload/download entered. I spent the better part of a week going back and forth with my cable company when they upgraded us from 10 to 30, before I finally noticed that setting.

Unfortunately no.

Syano
Jul 13, 2005
Is there a sickbeard type software for magazines?

kick_start
Oct 26, 2009

Thermopyle posted:

I am affected and it went from 30 to 60.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

kick_start posted:

I am affected and it went from 30 to 60.

This is what the Charter Spectrum website says it's supposed to be. I don't know if St Louis is a special case or if Thermopyle is mistaken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Vykk.Draygo posted:

This is what the Charter Spectrum website says it's supposed to be. I don't know if St Louis is a special case or if Thermopyle is mistaken.

St. Louis is a special case. We're the test bed for Charter stuff all of the time. Everyone else got bumped to 60, we got bumped to 100.