Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

kidcoelacanth posted:

We'll get Iowa one day :kiddo:

Sounds like Hillary's new campaign slogan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exi7wound
Aug 22, 2004

LOGANO
Remember my name... you'll be screaming it later.
I'm loving bored. Is it Sonoma yet?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

We'll get Iowa one day :kiddo:
After they reconfigure it into a tri-oval.

Exi7wound
Aug 22, 2004

LOGANO
Remember my name... you'll be screaming it later.

shyduck posted:

After they reconfigure it into a tri-oval.

With variable banking.

AirborneSpore
Mar 2, 2014

That one bounced.
My official Dogecrew shirt arrived today. Not bad at all.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Exi7wound posted:

With variable banking.

Burton smith must buy it first :getout:

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

tater_salad posted:

Burton smith must buy it first :getout:

Hmmm someone doesn't remember that Speedway Motorsports Inc. headed by Bruton Smith bought it a few years ago.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Am I missing a joke Iowa Speedway is already a variable banked tri-oval that's straight up owned by NASCAR?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
people don't even know what or why they hate anymore, they just do

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Who haven't we heard from a while... oh Jeremy Mayfield denying everything that he took meth, stole poo poo, etc...

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/...stolen-property

He is still racing though but yeah doubling down on everything... sure Jeremy.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

LASTCAR posted:

To answer both your questions, NASCAR has only added one track since 2001 - the 1.5-mile Kentucky track in 2011, which wasn't even prepared for race traffic despite intense lobbying by Bruton Smith. And the two tracks added in 2001 were also 1.5-milers.

Pocono has two races just weeks apart. Texas got a second date for no practical reason at all. And rumors still persist about taking dates away from the Martinsville short track.

Yet still we watch. :smith:

Texas got a second date because a bored food industry worker decided to sue NASCAR and somehow won. He got fired, his wife divorced him, his son killed himself, but TMS got their second race. To which he wasn't invited.

Helicon One posted:

As someone who pays only the slightest of attention to NASCAR on a regular basis, is the schedule still jammed full of identical 1.5 mile D-shaped ovals?

For that matter, do circuits ever get added or dropped?

They do in the lower series, but not Cup. The Trucks are returning to Gateway this weekend after an absence, for example.

e- The Nationwide Series, in the last few years, has lost Gateway, Memphis, Pikes Peak, Milwaukee, Indianapolis Raceway Park, and Nashville. They currently have races at Road America, which replaced Milwaukee, Mid-Ohio, which replaced Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal, which has come and gone, and a terrible race at Indianapolis, which replaced a more exciting venue in IRP.

The Trucks returned NASCAR to (and made their debut at) Rockingham, which was off the schedule again this year. Gateway is back.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jun 13, 2014

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Gateway owns bones.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
The biggest track addition in the last decade or so is the Trucks going to Eldora and racing on a high banked, half mile dirt oval.

They'll be back there for the second time next month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK-_wNObP4A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fTtwdQNtU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPn9sHOrsBE

If you watch just one NASCAR sanctioned race this year, that's the one to watch.

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jun 13, 2014

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Viking is correct. Trucks + Eldora is awesome. Go see it live if you can.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Thirding this I will be out of town for the race but will have it dvrd for sure

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Said it before, will say it again: I hope Kyle Larson doesn't go all Casey Atwood and sticks around a while...

http://www.mrn.com/Race-Series/NASCAR-Sprint-Cup/News/Articles/2014/06/Larson-Expecting-First-Child.aspx

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

He's already doing pretty well so I doubt that'll be the case.

DEMAG
Aug 14, 2003

You're it.
Someone save Ryan! https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/477437692301426688

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Jesus Christ Kyle looks like he's still a kid himself. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

CBJSprague24 posted:

Said it before, will say it again: I hope Kyle Larson doesn't go all Casey Atwood and sticks around a while...

http://www.mrn.com/Race-Series/NASCAR-Sprint-Cup/News/Articles/2014/06/Larson-Expecting-First-Child.aspx

Kyle Larson reproducing with Brad Sweet's sister. DNA Russian Roulette to the extreme.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Bhester posted:

Kyle Larson reproducing with Brad Sweet's sister. DNA Russian Roulette to the extreme.

Racin' is a big family.

A big, incestuous family.

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
Katelyn Sweet, college educated hair stylist. Kyle Larson, graduated high school maybe? Your top 1% ladies and gentlemen.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

fuseshock posted:

Katelyn Sweet, college educated hair stylist. Kyle Larson, graduated high school maybe? Your top 1% ladies and gentlemen.

They...uh...planning on tying the knot someday or is this going to become Matt Kenseth v2.0?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

CBJSprague24 posted:

They...uh...planning on tying the knot someday or is this going to become Matt Kenseth v2.0?

Has Tony Stewart been seen at Babies R Us?

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Bhester posted:

Has Tony Stewart been seen at Babies R Us?

He shops there regularly for himself.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Bhester posted:

50% chance the kid grows up to be the next Steve Kinser, so there's that.

Also, ARCA from Michigan at 5pm EST on FS1, #nascar for all your racist fanfic needs

e- also Larson isn't going anywhere, kid is an honest wheelman. I'd say less Matt Kenseth, more Jeff Gordon if I had to place a bet

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: LET'S GO ARCA RACING :siren:

VikingSkull posted:

e- also Larson isn't going anywhere, kid is an honest wheelman. I'd say less Matt Kenseth, more Jeff Gordon if I had to place a bet

I was talking about Matt Kenseth's child support issues when I mentioned him.

AirborneSpore
Mar 2, 2014

That one bounced.
"Illegitimate children of Nascar". Sounds like a nice title for reality t.v

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Harvick's on the pole again! Excited to see another strong run foiled by dumb luck or a team mistake.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

kidcoelacanth posted:

Harvick's on the pole again! Excited to see another strong run foiled by dumb luck or a team mistake.

I'm sure Harvick's exemplary method of handling misfortune no matter who is at fault will do wonders for team morale.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

CBJSprague24 posted:

:siren: LET'S GO ARCA RACING :siren:

I was talking about Matt Kenseth's child support issues when I mentioned him.

I was talking messy divorce :laugh:

Also, jesus Harvick, 204.557mph, a new track record!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

AirborneSpore posted:

"Illegitimate children of Nascar". Sounds like a nice title for reality t.v

We could've had NASCAR Wives a few years ago, but Angie Skinner, Delana Harvick, and Shana Mayfield heard that the show was going to be typical staged "reality" bullshit chock full of spats between the stars, promptly saying "gently caress this".

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Danica and Montoya starting next to each other.

AirborneSpore
Mar 2, 2014

That one bounced.

CBJSprague24 posted:

We could've had NASCAR Wives a few years ago, but Angie Skinner, Delana Harvick, and Shana Mayfield heard that the show was going to be typical staged "reality" bullshit chock full of spats between the stars, promptly saying "gently caress this".

I actually think it was a good idea to not put that show into production. Didn't Kyle and his wife have a show?

Harry J
Nov 8, 2004

LS-WHAT???!!!!????!!!!
The hilarity of ARCA pitstops.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Harry J posted:

The hilarity of ARCA pitstops.

The pit sequence in this race was the most entertaining thing to come out of any race at Michigan in years

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
all of my fingers are crossed, as are all of my toes

I even crossed my balls

e- SRA if I were you I'd get arrested for strangling Enfinger and Self

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jun 13, 2014

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Congrats on the 5th place man, you have a hell of a year going so far

e- Mason Mitchell is a bitch

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jun 13, 2014

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
"they don't go so fast when they are running on six cylinders the last 10 laps"

geez, ya think? also I saw you checking out Wendy's cans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Did you guys know HMS was originally called All-Star Racing because they had a deal in place to sign Richard Petty, with funding from a country music mogul? It fell through, but drat. They then tried to hire Dale Sr. and it didn't go, so Geoff Bodine hung out at their shop long enough until he convinced them that he was the guy. :stare:

• Locked thread