Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Mr. Carlisle posted:

One of the best parts of these videos is Burt Watson when they show him trying to corral the fighters and keep them in the right places at the right times. How can these fighters not be in a good mood while being around him? He's hilarious. Also always yelling.

Edit: They need to give him his own hour long documentary just showing the poo poo he's encountered while dealing with the fighters.

If Watson ever writes a book I'm pre-ordering it as soon as it's available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Arlovski has had a few episodes where he gets embedded in the canvas if that counts

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Arlovski has had a few episodes where he gets embedded in the canvas if that counts

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Yeah I'd like to see that not happen vs Shaub.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Arlovski comes across as friendly and personable in the brief time he was on Embedded and in most of his interviews, and Schaub is a huge dink, so I'm rooting for Arlovski, but he's kind of in the Pat Barry category where I root for him to win but wish he'd stop.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

fatherdog posted:

Arlovski comes across as friendly and personable in the brief time he was on Embedded and in most of his interviews, and Schaub is a huge dink, so I'm rooting for Arlovski, but he's kind of in the Pat Barry category where I root for him to win but wish he'd stop.

I'd much rather watch the Andrei and Maximus show

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Mr. Carlisle posted:

One of the best parts of these videos is Burt Watson when they show him trying to corral the fighters and keep them in the right places at the right times. How can these fighters not be in a good mood while being around him? He's hilarious. Also always yelling.

Edit: They need to give him his own hour long documentary just showing the poo poo he's encountered while dealing with the fighters.

I've never heard anyone say a single bad thing about Burt Watson. Everyone loves him. Organizing a big group of people is hard enough as is, let alone when you're dealing with the crazy personalities and dumbasses that go into MMA.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

fatherdog posted:

Arlovski was on one of the first UFC BEST KNOCKOUTS compilation videos that originally got me interested in MMA. I also wish he would stop, he fought in UFC 28 :stare:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r4qyLrwgM0c

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

red19fire posted:

Arlovski was on one of the first UFC BEST KNOCKOUTS compilation videos that originally got me interested in MMA. I also wish he would stop, he fought in UFC 28 :stare:

He's only 35 though. Imagine being 19 years old and fighting dudes in those early UFCs, where things were way more insane then now? That is quite the coming of age experience.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

fatherdog posted:

Also, how can we forget "How taste my big peepee"?

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I remember the line, but what is the context? This was a taunt, right?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Honestly that entire deal was pretty weird. "I'm dating your ex" really shouldn't be a "lol burn" situation for either side.

EDIT:

Count Roland posted:

I remember the line, but what is the context? This was a taunt, right?

At one point Sylvia was dating Arlovski's ex, and made fun of him about it,and Arlovski responded with that line. Like I said, pretty weird on both sides.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
all these years later i still remember the pictures of sylvia with the lady with the "ERIC" tattoo

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

fatherdog posted:

the morbid side of me really, really wants to see Barry vs. Arlovski

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

-Atom- posted:

the morbid side of me really, really wants to see Barry vs. Arlovski

the proof i needed to know you are genuinely a bad person

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

fatherdog posted:

Honestly that entire deal was pretty weird. "I'm dating your ex" really shouldn't be a "lol burn" situation for either side.

EDIT:

At one point Sylvia was dating Arlovski's ex, and made fun of him about it,and Arlovski responded with that line. Like I said, pretty weird on both sides.

i feel like its more of a comment on her hygiene than anything

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Yuriy posted:

the proof i needed to know you are genuinely a bad person

it would rival Kongo vs. Barry and that's saying something

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

For most knockouts in one fight? I think that one had like four.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bundt Cake posted:

i feel like its more of a comment on her hygiene than anything

Well I mean that's still not something I'd be using as a burn. "I'm dating your ex!" "Haha, I dated a real filthy skank!" that's not really a good thing for either side

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
the transitive property of masculinity

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Ahaahha

ahahahahahhhahahahaha

ahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahha

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
you'd have to pay me a lot of money to brush my arms against tim sylvia's man tits.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

"The chance for a comeback is there with Sylvia. He just needs to get back in the gym, get in shape and get back to winning fights."

June 6th, 2014

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
A lot of dudes outside the UFC have arguments like "Sure nobody I've beat in my three fight streak has had a winning record, but I still beat them!" which is terrible, but at least they have an argument. Tim's argument is "I haven't won since 2012, but I could probably make 265 now!"

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
To be fair to him, he always was pretty embarrassed by his appearance, but now he looks like one hot bear.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Detroit_Dogg posted:

"The chance for a comeback is there with Sylvia. He just needs to get back in the gym, get in shape and get back to winning fights."

So no chance at all, then.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

June 6th, 2014

That's extremely good.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

fatherdog posted:

Well I mean that's still not something I'd be using as a burn. "I'm dating your ex!" "Haha, I dated a real filthy skank!" that's not really a good thing for either side

"How's my dick taste?" is a time honored burn dating back at least to Sean Penn v Warren Beatty

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

fatherdog posted:

I find that coming to terms with the idea that there's nothing you can do to stop them helps a lot with being able to sit back and concentrate on their fights.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Oh holy poo poo the San Jose card is brown/lawler. I'm buying tickets now, anyone who's been to one at the shark tank recommend a section?

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
They released one while the event was going on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmJoKgTN3Ns

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fozzy The Bear posted:

They released one while the event was going on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmJoKgTN3Ns

"It's an exciting life I live." :geno:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Lost For Words posted:

That moment and Mighty Mouse imitating Burt's "ALL NIGHT LONG BABY" made that video worth it

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Lost For Words posted:

When It comes time for Christian Bale's biopic to be made, I want Rory to play him in the movie within a movie version of American Psycho.

Chopstix
Nov 20, 2002

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Arlovski lost to this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWbfXh8eni4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvaNG91gegA

In this fight commentated by Bas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpw5Bqcv-aY

It was both their first fights. Datsik went on to become a fat criminal neo-nazi.

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

In every interview with Arlovsky the way he talks and the things he says makes me want to give him a hug :smith:

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

the schaub elderly former champion tour marches fucken on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Wow Tyron Woodley is a straight beast, 3 finishes in a row for this man, Holy motherfucking cow Get this man a title shot.
A scintillating TKO of the very competent Jay Hieron who remains winless in the UFC thanks to our man Woodley. Brutally KO'd an over the hill Josh Koscheck and retired him. Injured the former interim champion Carlos Condit. This man is an unstoppable machine, maybe even the strongest in the division.

• Locked thread