Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

That was a fun fight.

mewse posted:

Dana give this man a bonus for getting those dreadlocks off my television

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

I think Goldberg just said Areola Helwani.

hexenductor
Jul 30, 2004
Grimey Drawer
Just in case you were looking for more reasons to hate Brendon Schaub: https://twitter.com/TimTebow/status/477879218169454593

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

So Rogan is talking a lot about the finish being maybe controversial, though I thought it was perfect.

What do we think about finishes from that position? My take is that if you are pinned and taking punches, even if you're not really taking damage, the onus is on the pinned guy to move. Can't move? Well he should of thought of that before he got pinned.

Dissenters?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

hexenductor posted:

Just in case you were looking for more reasons to hate Brendon Schaub: https://twitter.com/TimTebow/status/477879218169454593

Schaub is the dingus Jon Jones wishes he could be. Go hybrid go.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
PRE-PRELIMINARY CARD Snack Rating: Generic Cinnamon Toast Crunch

mewse
May 2, 2006

Anyone know anything aboot this tanaka guy?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

mewse posted:

Nope. But looking at that cherub face, he isn't very good

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

mewse posted:

He's bad, I'm basing this off a google image search.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Asian fella is pretty cut tho

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Sweet sweep.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Roland's legs are gonna die

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
gently caress this delorme dude. get your hair cut and quit cage grabbin scrub

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Tanaka is better than I thought. I apologize. It's uncharacteristic for Japanese men to win on the prelims

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
He's grabbing the cage even when it's not advantageous to grab the cage, amazing.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I still confuse Roland for this random character actor http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0059431/?ref_=tt_cl_t4

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Cool Srambles

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Roland is bad at dominant positions.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

That was a nifty escape from side control. He managed to hold top position for all of 1 second, good job.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Come on Yves let Delorme grab something

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I can sympathize with Delorme, whenever I grapple I lose top position immediately too. Except in addition to being Bad I weigh as much as a small bird.

edit: We saw delorme have a bit of sex here,

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I was totally off on this Tanaka/Delorme fight and I'm psyched about it because Tanaka is loving awesome and I can't wait to watch him in the future

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
A bit of sex, eh Joe?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Tough loss for delorme

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Was delorme always this terrible? he seems bad at everything.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I don't know that that performance warrants the acclaim "a new exciting prospect at 135lbs".

I do however appreciate any success by Japanese fighters, and Tanaka looked very strong and had some nifty footwork too.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

He didnt come out looking totally cold and completely unready for a fight like a lot of first time ufc'ing japanese fighters so maybe he knows whats up

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
REMINDER THAT THE NEXT PORTION IS ON FX

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I think the fact that Tanaka is a Team Alpha Male is why he didn't fail terribly.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I'm looking at the wiki page for this event, and it concerns me that for the next stage in the prelims, most guys don't even have their own page.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Count Roland posted:

So Rogan is talking a lot about the finish being maybe controversial, though I thought it was perfect.

What do we think about finishes from that position? My take is that if you are pinned and taking punches, even if you're not really taking damage, the onus is on the pinned guy to move. Can't move? Well he should of thought of that before he got pinned.

Dissenters?

I agree, if they're getting punched over and over and not doing anything besides trying to cover the front of their faces, then they only have themselves to blame if it gets stopped. The only time I can see there being a legitimate gripe at a stoppage like that is if the rounds almost over

Stoven
Feb 11, 2008
If you are just covering up and hoping the round will end before you die its an okay stoppage.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Tattoos From: UFC 3 Create A Fighter Menu

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

"KAAAY-JUN! KAAAY-JUN! KAAAY-:stare:"

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Tae Hyun "Annyeong" Bang

Hexum
Jul 23, 2003

This is an interesting fight

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Just tuned in, i miss anything they are likely to play again on bt sport?

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Bang is stronger, but might be using too much energy. Cajun, while annoying, I think has cardio.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
This is really dumb but fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

willie_dee posted:

Just tuned in, i miss anything they are likely to play again on bt sport?

First prelim featured a honkey with dreads getting punched out, which is always good.

Second one had a Japanese tiny man judo'ing the poo poo out of a Canada, which is also good.

• Locked thread