Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juan Berenguer
Feb 21, 2006

Dubious posted:

Mauer will turn this poo poo around someday....right? Something is clearly not right with him and its painful to watch after years of decent hitting

https://twitter.com/ParkerHageman/status/476381603220824064 posted:

First 56 games back post-concussion:

Joe Mauer 666 OPS
Justin Morneau 608 OPS

Give him time. Head stuff is rough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Storm
Jun 7, 2001

Professional #8 Hitter/Beard Grower
Eugenio Suarez has an OPS of 1.5 :getin:

And the Tigers bullpen only gave up 6 runs in 2 innings today!

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Torii looks absolutely lost in right field this season :smith:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Rafael Montero was pulled from his AAA start tonight. Let's play everybody's favorite prospect game show: Injured, Called Up, or Traded!!!!!

Storm
Jun 7, 2001

Professional #8 Hitter/Beard Grower

Minarch posted:

Torii looks absolutely lost in right field this season :smith:

It's funny, because, if you play The Show, especially this years, you know how QUICKLY old players deteriorate, and Torii seems to be one of those in the game. He loses like 10 points by the middle of the year in every ability. I always thought that was hilarious.

Now it's happening.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

867-530-NEIN! posted:

Corey Koskie agrees.

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

What else do I have to do to impress you people?

867-530-NEIN! posted:

Trade Mauer to Colorado.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The thinner air should decrease the massive pressure on his cranium.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

867-530-NEIN! posted:

Mauer is pretty significantly better than Morneau there

Juan Berenguer
Feb 21, 2006

Groucho Marxist posted:

Mauer is pretty significantly better than Morneau there

He's still far short of his career average of .863. Morneau's was .869 before he took that knee to the head, and he's bounced back to .832 this year. Most of that's probably Coors, though.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Remember a couple weeks ago when people were pointing out that Gomez/Puig/Stanton were probably the right choices for the NL OF All-Stars? Well, Andrew McCutchen is suddenly the second-best hitter in all baseball by wOBA/wRC+. He was hitting .408/.473/.959 in June and all he did today was go 2/5 with a dinger and a walk. That's his 7th HR of the month, after hitting a total of 0 in May.

He's good.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
McCutchen is so locked in. Puig has gone cold.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Rand alPaul posted:

Puig has gone cold.

Good God in case any of you don't follow the gif thread.
Courtesy of Vegeta Dentata

Puig has gone stone cold awesome as poo poo bat flipping on walks.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Beatnik-Filmstar posted:

God bless this man.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

Beatnik-Filmstar posted:

If the joke is broken image links in this and the gif thread, then...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

He's not bat flipping you dummies he's tossing the bat back to the dugout and accidentally holds on too long.

Everyone does this, christ.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

He's not bat flipping you dummies he's tossing the bat back to the dugout and accidentally holds on too long.

I didnt do that in little league

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

theacox posted:

If the joke is broken image links in this and the gif thread, then...

It works for me. Check if you've got minus.com blocked.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Oh sure, Puig disrespects the game with his antics yet again, shows up the pitcher and endangers an ump and a fellow player all at once, but batflips are so cool am I right? Let's face it, the man is a menace.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

IcePhoenix posted:

We know that. We don't care.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hand Knit posted:

We know that.

I really don't believe this is true for everyone.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

I really don't believe this is true for everyone.

The biggest "Jose Fernandez is the right kind of Cuban" fan in the world knows that that was on accident for Christs sake.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Chad Billingsley apparently has a partial tear of his flexor tendon, and will not pitch again this year.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

Chad Billingsley apparently has a partial tear of his flexor tendon, and will not pitch again this year.
:negative:

no such thing as too many pitchers

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.

867-530-NEIN! posted:

Doctors do enough yelling about how recovery times from concussions are completely individual processes with no standardized schedule besides some generalizations based on the past concussion history of the specific brain in question that we might also not want to be throwing up Since Got Back From Concussion samples like they're especially meaningful by that virtue alone

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Literally an hour after Rollins broke the hit record, he told reporters he would be willing to waive his no trade if the Phillies were actively trying to trade players.

:o:

Jummy
Jun 14, 2007

Oh, my love, my darling.

Harlock posted:

Literally an hour after Rollins broke the hit record, he told reporters he would be willing to waive his no trade if the Phillies were actively trying to trade players.

:o:

I thought he had been pretty open about that being his plan, at least a couple of SAS people had talked about it on Twitter.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Matt Wieters is also probably out for the rest of the year with an elbow injury barring some kind of miracle.

http://www.csnbaltimore.com/blog/orioles-talk/orioles-bracing-bad-news-when-matt-wieters-visits-andrews

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
Enjoy some Mark Lemongello for your Father's Day.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Props to gyroball for making this. I'm Wolverine IRL

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Some lefty pitcher named Blake Taylor is the PRBNL going to the Mets from the Ike Davis trade.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

N: Mike Olt leads all NL rookies with ten dingers and 25 RBI. He has done this with a .152 average and a .611 OPS (63 OPS+) alongside 60 strikeouts, which is Jose Hernandez-esque.

V: Didn't Olt have surgery or something to fix his vision problem, which was blamed for his K rate / batting average?

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Timby posted:

N: Mike Olt leads all NL rookies with ten dingers and 25 RBI. He has done this with a .152 average and a .611 OPS (63 OPS+) alongside 60 strikeouts, which is Jose Hernandez-esque.

V: Didn't Olt have surgery or something to fix his vision problem, which was blamed for his K rate / batting average?

He had the surgery, but it turns out he just sucks.

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

What else do I have to do to impress you people?

ChampRamp posted:

He had the surgery, but it turns out he just sucks.

Chicago Baseball.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Hmmm.

But wait...

Is this just a B.S. rumor to generate pageviews? A leak from the Cubs trying to get other teams to up their offers? Would Kyle Crick + a lesser SP prospect or two even be a competitive package? :iiam:

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Doesn't Crick walk a ridiculous amount of dudes? It's hard for me to imagine him being the big piece in a deal for Samardzija but Cubs, so.

DriveC
Oct 27, 2008

Going to Gamestop at midnight for Halo: ODST. Didn't pre order. The guy on the phone told me I *might* get a copy. Whatever dude.
Somebody in the home run derby should really get Marco Estrada to pitch for them

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Watch the Mariners get Shark

vegeta dentata
Jun 16, 2011
Casey McGehee's gonna hit 2 HR and get 90 RBI this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
George Kontos optioned down to AAA. Does this mean the Giants are going to try and shake up the bullpen after the last three losses?

• Locked thread