Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Miami has been playing like...
This poll is closed.
rear end 25 14.45%
Poo 22 12.72%
rear end and Poo 35 20.23%
Mario Chalmers 64 36.99%
They're just waiting to "flip the switch" 27 15.61%
Total: 88 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Smokey
Feb 8, 2008
Let this end today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Forums are going full on Chalmers. I can't even :smuggo: it up.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I hate the Spurs.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

SPURS

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yay Spurs, yay Timmy, yay Kawhi. :3:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
They did it!!! They actually did it!!! They fixed the forums!!!!!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Like the Heat, the forums finally cooled off.

Unlike the Heat, the forums are still alive.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Bashez's conception of joy destroyed the forums.

Congrats, Spurs.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
I am glad Manu Ginobili did not poo poo the bed as I predicted he would again. Still kind of pissed at him for last year though. That was some bad basketball.

grapesmoker
Apr 19, 2003

This moon-cheese will make me very rich... very rich indeed!
Tim Duncan with his kids was infinitely adorable.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

grapesmoker posted:

Seriously, they were cracking me up.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Every three that came down in the second half was electrifying. What a win. What a season. I love the Spurs.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

I don't know what's better, Manu trucking Ray or the look on Bosh's face when he realizes he's about to get dunked on.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Nice job Spurs, way to bring one home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWR_VITiqPA

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
San Antonio is going insane, I just got home. I love the Spurs and this city.
Go Spurs. What a year.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Hey I heard the game is on! Let's talk about it in the GD-

Wait...

...son of a bitch.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Cool the forums are back up.

Anyways, love that Kawhi got the MVP. Insane I was watching him at SDSU games just a few years ago.

The Spurs Are Really loving Good At Basketball.

THE END.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I was wrong in my predictions, I thought the series would go 7 or at least 6 games.

And how anti-climactic to have this final game go the way that it did.

Especially since I was just sitting here hitting :f5:

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

Errant Gin Monks posted:

San Antonio is going insane, I just got home. I love the Spurs and this city.
Go Spurs. What a year.

Seriously the honking has been nuts. Good series and season Spurs.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Strange game. I was all nerves for the first two games of the Finals but even after the trucking we took for the first quarter, when we ended only down 7, I turned to my fiancee and said, "We should be down about 15. I don't think they've got a better shot to give us."

Yeah, yeah. Cool anecdote, dude. But after the sheer terror of Game 6 last year, the soulcrushing aftermath in Game 7, and the heart attacks against Dallas and then later against OKC, it was weird to be calm. But Games 3 and 4 were just that much of a buffer for my confidence in this team. It just didn't feel like Miami had any answers. And, as it turns out, it didn't.

It would be the best playoffs ever if both Derek Fisher *and* Ray Allen retire here in 2014. If I never have to look at either of their smug faces again, it'll be a better league for it. And no, D-Fish ain't going to be looking smug much in his next gig.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

grapesmoker posted:

By far my favorite part of a very positive and fun celebration.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
The Miami Heat have enough potential to come back from any deficit and bury teams with their talent.

I don't know why they couldn't make it more competitive, fat Wade and bad schemes.

Spoelstra should have developed freaking Beasley, Oden, Douglas but I dunno.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Tony Parker is currently celebrating by banging Matt Bonner's wife.

bushes
Nov 6, 2003

Kids running around naked fuckin' in the bushes
That Spurs team is just something else. I think we all (well most) would have liked the series to be more competitive but it just wasn't going to happen with the Heat bench in its current state. Really curious what the off-season holds. I live in Houston currently but I'll be moving about an hour away from the AT&T Center in a couple weeks. Excited to see some Spurs home games next year :)

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Tony Parker is currently celebrating by banging Matt Bonner's wife.
Too soon.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Spurs own. Lebron owns. Wade is poo poo.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Last year's Finals were so nerve-wracking that this series almost seemed anticlimactic- not that I'm complaining. This was one of the Spurs' greatest seasons ever, and it was an absolute joy to watch them play their best basketball when it counted the most. I hope they can put together another good playoff run next year.

Condolences to Heat fans. I really enjoy watching Lebron play when he isn't killing the Spurs, and it'll be a real shame if he gets roasted in the media after his performance in these Finals.

Lebron's already getting roasted, isn't he?

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Spurs good Miami bad The End

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
As satisfying as this was as a Spurs fan, every shot of Greg Oden's sad old mug was a bummer. :smith: You chose the wrong horse bro. p.s., sorry T-Mac. :(

bushes
Nov 6, 2003

Kids running around naked fuckin' in the bushes

Juaguocio posted:

I can't imagine why. I would think people would just compare this to his Cleveland days.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Juaguocio posted:

I think only the most annoying sports writers will take that angle. This is all on the Heat bench.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I think only the most annoying sports writers will take that angle.
So 90% of them then? :smithicide:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

TheFallenEvincar posted:

But if sportswriters realize that everyone but LeBron was awful then they can write articles like "is LeBron about to leave Miami since the rest of the team is poo poo?"

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
So noon question here. What exactly are the NBA rules on traveling? I mean it says two steps but for example on the Manu Dunk it looks like he dribbled and took three steps before he dunked?

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Bum the Sad posted:

So noon question here. What exactly are the NBA rules on traveling? I mean it says two steps but for example on the Manu Dunk it looks like he dribbled and took three steps before he dunked?

He gathers with his right foot on the ground and then goes left right up. There's no traveling there.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I think only the most annoying sports writers will take that angle. This is all on the Heat bench.

Bayless was talking about "mentally weak" superstars so it's starting already. Ugh.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

TheFallenEvincar posted:

I know some of you like to create this fake narrative, but it just isn't happening in the media.

And complaining about Skip Bayless is like complaining about a pro wrestler trashing your local sports team. He's a character on TV who's job it is to stir poo poo on a wonky mid-morning talk show that a hundred thousand or so unemployed people watch.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Niwrad posted:

I know some of you like to create this fake narrative, but it just isn't happening in the media.

And complaining about Skip Bayless is like complaining about a pro wrestler trashing your local sports team. He's a character on TV who's job it is to stir poo poo on a wonky mid-morning talk show that a hundred thousand or so unemployed people watch.

tbh Stephen A Smith is way worse purely because he still seems to think that his opinion is worth a poo poo

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

MVP posted:

Spoelstra should have developed freaking Beasley, Oden, Douglas but I dunno.

Oh come on, Beasley has had 4 coaches and 7 years to develop, Oden is just an unfortunate case, and Douglas also has had numerous coaches. I don't see how you can blame Spoelstra for anything here. Douglas and Beasley have been in the league 7 years, they are what they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Admittedly, I'm not sad that the forums were down. It hurt to watch the Heat play so badly but the Spurs were simply the result of a better system.

My eyes misted up a bit when I saw Duncan's kids crying for their Dad. Good stuff.

Wade should restructure his contract.

Fire Wario into the sun.

Les go ji. The most hated team in the league - I'll take it.

• Locked thread