Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Pavlov posted:

Which is why I'm so sad cyanide have put in Khorne instead of Slann. Slann has such a great mix of hilarious bullshit and crippling weaknesses. For those who don't know, Slann are a bunch of frog people who all start with leap and very long legs, which means they can all leap as easily as they can dodge. Most of them have agi 3, and the only re-rolls that can affect leap are team rerolls and Pro. Yes, it is perfectly legitimate to get Pro on Slaan linemen.

The rest of their positionals only have skills related to jumping. The blizers have Diving Tackle and Jump Up, and the catchers have Diving Catch. Slann have no passing access, but if you get doubles on a lineman, it is actually reasonable to get Hail Marry Pass and throw down the entire field to your catchers. Also fun fact: You can leap during Pass Block. Pass Block frogs destroy elf passing game so hard.

In conclusion: Instead of giving us the Best Team, Cyanide gave a pile of poo poo with a Bloodthurster on top.

This one time (the only time?) that it isn't Cyanide's fault. Game Workshop implemented a rule a few years back that Slann are only to appear in fluff, and not as actual units. The rule is really for regular Warhammer, but applies to all their niche products as well. Game Workshop flat out refused to allow Slann for "lore reasons".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Slann on Stegadon, too OP even for Games Workshop?? :getin:

That orand Games Workshop Is A Bad Company

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Do you not get the big fat frogs on palanquins any more?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

goatface posted:

Do you not get the big fat frogs on palanquins any more?

Yeah, did they seriously phase out the Mage-Priests for the Lizardmen in WFB?

EDIT: It seems like they're still in since they'll still sell you the bastards, but I do have to say GW's got some balls. My fuckin' original metal Oldblood on Carnosaur wasn't loving $85. They're taking as a 'feature' that they managed to consolidate three distinct things into one kit (something I assume is a high level Skink mage on a crazy blind dinosaur thingy, the generic Oldblood on a Carnosaur, and the special character version of the same with his own model) I guess and are charging more even though the result of said feature is that it's net cheaper for them.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jun 16, 2014

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I dont know posted:

This one time (the only time?) that it isn't Cyanide's fault. Game Workshop implemented a rule a few years back that Slann are only to appear in fluff, and not as actual units. The rule is really for regular Warhammer, but applies to all their niche products as well. Game Workshop flat out refused to allow Slann for "lore reasons".
Did one of the GW people lose with their space marines against slann on tabletop or something?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Poil posted:

Did one of the GW people lose with their space marines against slann on tabletop or something?

It'd have to be more than that, because the GW response to that is just to nerf the offending army into the ground and buff Space Marines more.

That's also what GW does when they've had a bad day, or it's raining, or it's Thursday, or they're living somewhere in the United Kingdom, because Space Marines always need more buffs.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

I dont know posted:

Yeah, also, I dunno, I think Khorne is actually a good, interesting team with broad skills access and some excellent positionals.

It's not one of the lovely "Fun" teams like Ogres, where your two positionals are both uninteresting to develop and unbelievably crap at 1000TV, and they're a bit more fleshed out than most of the Phoning-It-In-Now teams with one skill everywhere like Zons. Plus Frenzy is a legitimately double-edged sword. Making about 50% more blocks on average is always scary in terms of pushing your luck, but the rewards in terms of positioning can be great.

Only thing they're quote-unquote missing is Mutation access on their Cultists.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Khorne are like a mix of Chaos and Norse minus all the things that make those two teams good.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Khorne is a team for real Blood Bowl players who aren't afraid of a little Frenzy.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Khorne is actually pretty fun to play in all honesty. They're not great, but they're not terrible either. Blood Letters are really good, Heralds are your punchers, and you can even build a 3AG passing game if you'd like with the cultists. Frenzy everywhere is fun to play 'setup the longest chain surf you can' with, and as stated, is a double edged sword.

Blood Thirster is the legit best big guy in the game.

Khorne is one thing I think Cyanide actually did well.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Pavlov posted:

Khorne are like a mix of Chaos and Norse minus all the things that make those two teams good.
No, they're really nothing like those teams. They could've been, but Cyanide wisely made them pretty different. They don't play in a very fixed way, but tend to be a very finesse ST/AG3 team, which is why they're interesting, because all of your plays have both the potential to be great, or to gently caress up quite badly depending on your skill build and how the dice roll. To me, that's where Blood Bowl is really interesting, not when it's played as 1TTD Skaven vs. (Claw) POMB Chaos, trying to outgimmick each other to victory.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Pavlov posted:

It's hardly the most egregiously offensive made-up team. At least Cyanide didn't include any fan-made Bretonnian team rosters (of which there are probably a half dozen or so, all of them bad). The main concern a lot of people had with Khorne is that it would be a more optimal bashy option than, say, Chaos. Slann didn't make the cut because of "lore" reasons; Chaos Pact didn't make the cut, I'm guessing, because Chaos and Chaos Pact sound kind of similar and confusing and while the team is interesting and varied, it's also broken as hell in open play if you ignore all of what makes the game fun and just exclusively run marauders. Khorne is, grudgingly, pretty okay, but I still resent the lack of Slann or Chaos Pact.

If Cyanide really wants to make Blood Bowl 2 worth buying, they need to implement all of the special play cards and a complete team roster, not fill spaces with lovely fanmade teams while they leave official teams out.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

All the Star Players would be a nice start. I miss having my saw-merc fail my team on turn 2 YET AGAIN.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Adding cards would be super cool and a good way to make me not feel like I've been ripped off when I buy BB2 on sale in a year or two.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Cards would be freaking amazing, way more fun than the current slew of inducements.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

uPen posted:

Adding cards would be super cool and a good way to make me not feel like I've been ripped off when I buy BB2 on sale in a year or two.

I just want Helmut Wulf :(

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
I just want the netcode to be less poo poo. Everything else is secondary.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

:siren:Second Half:siren:
Fairly Elected (GNU Order, Necromantic) vs Shatterdome Jaeger Squad (Cuwi, Lizardmen)

Final Thoughts: Eh. Did I lose the win on the decision to go balls-out at the start of the second half? Maybe. Can't complain either way, because we made it out of the rut unscathed and we'll be back up to our fighting weight since we made bank from this match, easily enough to buy the new werewolf and start a rainy day fund for the next victim. Plenty of voting to do, though

What do we name the new Werewolf?
What skill do we give MacGruff, the +MA Werewolf?
What skill do we give Pelvis Costello, the skill-less, niggled Zombie?
What do we do with our money?

1. Save it for now (To replace an important player, to buy a 4th reroll, or just because no other option sounds good)
2. Buy a zombie (This would bring us to 13 players on the team
3. Spend it all on cheerleader(s) (Maybe I should do this just so we can end it)

e- Voting closes at 5 PMish CST on Wednesday

GNU Order fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jun 17, 2014

Seven Deadly Sins
Apr 5, 2009

I stole something that would make me fabulously wealthy...

But I eated it.

That last game was basically exactly what you expect a recovery game to look like. We were missing a couple key positionals, but it ended up being a push and we got a couple levels out of it.

Now that MacGruff has rolled normals, it's time for him to get some of our more core skills. When it comes to Werewolves, there are 2 main core skills:

Block is core on literally any player that doesn't have it, and if you don't get it first you need a mighty good reason (like getting a +stat or a double). Now that we've got something normal, it absolutely should be Block. Not only does it make him harder to knock over, but it makes him much, much safer on the offensive, since he has half the chance to knock himself over, and he's got Frenzy (which makes that especially important). It also makes him more lethal against opponents without block, which we're still seeing a fair bit of. Additionally, Block means that if we start rolling doubles starting next level, we can turn into a high mobility murder machine.

Dodge is also a decent choice, though it's more defensive than offensive. It makes him harder to knock over, but it also makes it much easier for MacGruff to get away from prime threats. However, one thing to note is that defensively, Block and Dodge are approximately equal (though getting Dodge gives us "ghetto blodge" against blockless foes), but the Dodge reroll can mostly be replicated with team rerolls. I mostly provide Dodge as a "second option", but Block really should be the way to go.

Pelvis Costello also got a level, and his level is actually a bit more interesting, since there's no real standout choice, but three very solid ones.

Kick is a great skill for Necromantic, since they need a bit of time to get into position, and being able to semi-accurately place the ball deep on the opposing side of the pitch is a big deal. Additionally, since Pelvis is niggled, we don't want him to do as much punch-absorbing as normal, and Kick keeps him off of the line. Nearly every team should have a Kick player, and generally the first Zombie level is a great place for Necros to get it running.

Wrestle is the KING OF SKILLS.

(ok, real words about wrestle? it's like block but it means that a 60k level 2 zombie can put huge opposing players on the ground regardless of block, and makes him great value and a little bit more of a liability to block with. also it's mathematically 100% proven that wrestle players are the most lethal players in the game)

Dirty Player is the obligatory BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD choice, and is great on 40k throwaway players, especially on teams that love to get a mans advantage. It's like Mighty Blow, but for fouling, and makes even solo fouls from him a credible threat. That said, Gnu isn't much of a fouler (especially against fellow goons), and it's seen as pretty much a dick move most of the time, so Kick and Wrestle are liable to see more use and be more effective for the team.

Get votin!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Block wolf!

It will let him kill many, many more people!

Oh, and Kick for Pelvis

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Krox MVP of my heart.

Riders of Brohan
Mar 31, 2011
Block for MacGruff!

Kick is probably a more tactically sound choice, but I can't refuse the KING OF SKILLS

Wrestle for Pelvis

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Please note you can get an entire half of another zombie for the cost of giving Pelvis Dirty Player.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Think of it as stapling half a zombie to him to stick an extra boot in.

Block Wolf and Dirty player zombie and a half

And name the new Wolf Blitzer.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Additional - Frenzy + Dauntless are two skills I always like to have on 1 player. Less so when you have 4 st or more players.

Always have frenzy though. It's SO GOOD.

also. WRESTLE for everyone.

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jun 17, 2014

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Block that wolf and give Pelvis, as King of Zombies, the KING OF SKILLS.

Also, we should taunt our new Werewolf out of the Orchids. Let's hire Nero Wolfe.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Block for MacGruff.
Wrassle for Pelvis.
Name new Wolf Blitzer.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Block for MacGruff.
Wrestle for Pelvis
Bladewolf for new wolf

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

TheNabster posted:

Block for MacGruff.
Wrestle for Pelvis
Bladewolf for new wolf
This. Having finally looked up what Wrestle does I can see how annoying it is for someone else to tie you up with this.

Edit: Also horde your cash.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jun 17, 2014

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
Block for MacGruff.
Kick for Pelvis.
BladeWolf for our new dog-shaped were-buddy.

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
Echoing Block for the Wolf, Kick for Pelvis. Buy that new Wolf too, name him Dogmeat.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Block for the Wolf, Kick for Pelvis Costello and name the new wolf Cujo

Also Horde your new cash like a goddamn dragon

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

TheNabster posted:

Block for MacGruff.
Wrestle for Pelvis
Bladewolf for new wolf
Voting for all of this.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Ok, let's go block for the wolf and kick for the zombie, BUT let's all promise to get hilarious skills for the next few levels.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I have to say that I love Cuwi's team theme.

Anyway, blockfrenzywolftime and WRESTLEMANIA!

Name the new Werewolf "Teen"

Do what you want with the rest of the money.

my dad fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jun 17, 2014

NO FUN ZONE
Oct 1, 2013

:rznv: :rznv: :rznv:
Bladewolf for the new wolf, Block for the old wolf and Kick for pelvis.

Last Transmission
Aug 10, 2011

Dodge for a ghetto-blogding wolf.

Pelvis gets:

In honour of the Warlock LP we should get some Noble Werewolf from King Lich VI: Sir Howlington sould do the trick.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Block on the wolf, Kick on the zombie, save money.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

TheNabster posted:

Block for MacGruff.
Wrestle for Pelvis
Bladewolf for new wolf

Agreeing with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Shadowing for everyone
New wolf named "Werehuman by night"