Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChampRamp posted:

I really don't see how you not go see JT

It will last a minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I hope they complete the trifecta and get big Dan in there too

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

MassRafTer posted:

It will last a minute.

The post-fight promo will last a lifetime

E: I'm not sure if it's just poo poo sturring, but WSOF are offering to sign King Mo, so maybe he got released?

ChampRamp fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jun 17, 2014

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Bellator doesn't need King Mo anymore if they have Kimbo, because Kimbo vs Rampage is a dream matchup. PPV.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

world b lee posted:

http://www.bellator.com/articles/all-bellator-tournament-winners-now-in-world-title-shot-pool

This is hilarious. But also reminds me, did Dave Jansen die or something? He's probably in line for his title shot after Chander/Alvarez III, Chandler/Brooks II and III and Chandler/Joe Warren are done with. And is Frodo on a no-fly-list or some poo poo? I miss that tiny little hobbit.

He's, uh, around. He's maybe not doing so well right now.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.

omg chael crash posted:

He's, uh, around. He's maybe not doing so well right now.

Care to elaborate?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Source-Phil-Baroni-set-to-fight-Karo-Parisyan-at-Bellator-122-69263

Baroni vs Karo, that's gonna be a sad one

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
JT's left ear is tingling

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

willie_dee posted:

JT's left ear is tingling

Well then stop licking it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bellator is turning into UFC's old man league every day and I love it.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

individual865 posted:

Care to elaborate?

I think I've said too much already, honestly. He's a little depressed, I guess. Things haven't been swell.

I know this is silly to say, but if you guys know anyone he knows don't repeat this stuff.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

omg chael crash posted:

I think I've said too much already, honestly. He's a little depressed, I guess. Things haven't been swell.

I know this is silly to say, but if you guys know anyone he knows don't repeat this stuff.

Of course I won't, not that I know anyone he does. I was wondering if he was injured or something, but that clarifies it. Hope he gets the help he needs.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

From Josh Gross on twitter:

@yay_yee: Heard big rumblings all day re: @BellatorMMA. I'm told @cokersf has joined the promotion. Multiple sources say announcement is imminent.

@yay_yee: Haven't been able to confirm what Coker hiring means for Bjorn Rebney, though a source said he's out. Led to believe we'll hear news Wed.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

individual865 posted:

@yay_yee: Heard big rumblings all day re: @BellatorMMA. I'm told @cokersf has joined the promotion. Multiple sources say announcement is imminent.

@yay_yee: Haven't been able to confirm what Coker hiring means for Bjorn Rebney, though a source said he's out. Led to believe we'll hear news Wed.

:eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

But that means I might have to start rooting for Bellator to succeed? How did Viacom know my weakness!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

individual865 posted:

Ladybird is going to have her head cut off thanks to Bobby. That boy ain't right.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
gently caress, Coker always refused my calls like Dana and Mauro Ronallo openly mocked me for it

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
When did Zuffa purchase Strikeforce, March of 2011? How long is a standard non-compete clause?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

fatherdog posted:

When did Zuffa purchase Strikeforce, March of 2011? How long is a standard non-compete clause?

coker did an interview recently and said his no compete was up but he wasn't looking to get straight back into mma. please turn bellator into a bay area promotion and pretend shlemenko is from vietnam or whatever

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Triticum Guzzler posted:

coker did an interview recently and said his no compete was up but he wasn't looking to get straight back into mma. please turn bellator into a bay area promotion and pretend shlemenko is from vietnam or whatever

yeah, he said he wanted to travel the world and relax but I guess "the world" now means Indian reservations.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
I'm excited about this. Is that weird? I think it might be weird.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

ariel posted:

Spike TV just sent out a press release that Bjorn Rebney and president/COO Tim Danaher are leaving the organization "effective immediately."

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Now I can't wait for Dana to start gloating like the big man baby that he is

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Has there every really been doubt that Viacom would clean house eventually?

I mean they want to compete head to head with the UFC. That doesn't really seem like what Bellator's MO was prior to the purchase. I think Rebney's been a lame duck since the purchase.

EDIT: Coker announcement is supposed to come later today and will include a conference call.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jun 18, 2014

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Rebney cashed out when Viacom bought in and he's been the boss in name only. I hope they don't go over Coker's head too much except to keep purses in line because Strikeforce was cool except for spending billions on Fedor

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hopefully this means Coker will have some power to sort out these contract messes they have, or even better, make it so guys want to stay with the org.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

What is Bjorn going to do? Get yelled at by his father and eat dogs? Don't see how this move helps the dogs tbh

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ChampRamp posted:

What is Bjorn going to do? Get yelled at by his father and eat dogs? Don't see how this move helps the dogs tbh

Bjorn loses his last legit cover and ends up getting indicted for racketeering.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

Hopefully this means Coker will have some power to sort out these contract messes they have, or even better, make it so guys want to stay with the org.

Coker is the idiot who signed all of the contract issues that ran Strikeforce out of business. He made guys want to stay in Strikeforce by drastically overpaying.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
to be fair there were differing reports about whether they were still profitable or not but the investors wanted out and no way in hell did Coker have enough pocket change or the ability to find another group of saps willing to fund the Fedor black hole, and he was loving stupid for acquiescing to the constant contract renegotiations knowing how much of a ride he took Pride for

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
http://instagram.com/p/pY7wqpv_Oq/

So Bjorn gets fired, and now Rampage is threatening retirement

quote:

rampage4real
2 hours ago
The1st time Chuck and I fought was in Japan. Pride reps asked me 2 give him a good beating even tho I had 2 fights that night. I lost my 2nd fight that night cause I did what they asked,and they stood up the fight with Wand to soon,in my opinion.. MMA hasn't had my back they way I had it's back. Time for me to think about retirement. Or fighting 4 myself..

King Mo jumps in too

quote:

@KingMoFH · 3m
@Rampage4real so now u feel some typa way cuz your dick rider got fired and now u wanna retire!!!?

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

strikeforce was really good though, guys

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChampRamp posted:

strikeforce was really good though, guys

I saw a ton of really awful Strikeforce cards and Challengers cards that made Fight Pass cards look deep and star studded.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
that's your own fault for watching challengers

I hope they get rid of the tournaments, they've really outstayed their welcome and usefulness. Like they still put on some good fights and whatever, but at this point I'm more interested in WSOF as an alternative to the UFC

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

I saw a ton of really awful Strikeforce cards and Challengers cards that made Fight Pass cards look deep and star studded.

I saw Ronda, OSP, and DC on Challengers cards though!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChampRamp posted:

I saw Ronda too, after UFC bought Strikeforce and Sean Shelby booked it. The women's division under Coker were tire fires. There were good Strikeforce cards but so many stupid decisions like banning elbows. I feel very strongly that is one reason much of the ground fighting in Strikeforce was dull because it severely limited GnP options.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Even strikeforce's dog shittiest cards would have some gem or comedy. By the time that Bellator's main card starts, its pretty boring

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

ChampRamp posted:

yeah, say what you want about the undercard but Strikeforce Challengers was rad as gently caress and it bummed me out immensely when they stopped doing them in Stockton

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

that's your own fault for watching challengers

I hope they get rid of the tournaments, they've really outstayed their welcome and usefulness. Like they still put on some good fights and whatever, but at this point I'm more interested in WSOF as an alternative to the UFC

switch tourneys to one night ones

WSOF sucks tho:
  • despite being around for like 12 shows they still cant get their production issues sorted out
  • Bas Rutten isnt like funny or endearing with his dumb rear end mouth noises and drunken rambling
  • they have this big roster with cool names like shields/okami/palhares etc but they cant book a fight worth poo poo
  • they have issues paying their fighters
  • that ali ab-zedzi guy is a dink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

rampage and mo are still twitter beefing

quote:

@Rampage4real 33m
@KingMoFH haha u mad cause I took yo number 1spot huh? U can't fight! It's MMA not high school wrestling,u suck Mo,and u are boring. Shut up

quote:

@KingMoFH 1m
@Rampage4real u suck?! Thats what u said!? I kno this aint Quinton tweetin. I thought u was from Memphis!? Lol...drat u a square

• Locked thread