Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

--

Hello and welcome to day 6 of the FIFA World Cup 2014 in Brazil. On offer today are:

Previous record: BEL 1 | ALG 0 | 1 draw

Could be tasty if the Belgians play like the outsiders almost everyone says they are.

Previous record: BRA 22 | MEX 10 | 6 draws

Only two teams today that have actually played each other often. Everyone's expecting Brazil to walk away with this one.

Previous record: RUS 1 | KOR 0 | No draws

TBH I don't know if this is going to be any good at all. Probably not.

--

More information in the team threads:

Belgium
Algeria
Brazil
Mexico
Russia
Korea

Streams @ Univision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Weirdly excited for Brazil v Mexico. My score predictions today are 2-0 Belgium, 2-1 Brazil, 1-0 Russia.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Belgium, Brazil, draw, IMO. I'm sitting here just staring at the clock, I need more football NOW

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
epic corea

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
HOY GANA MEXICO

gently caress you all in advance :)

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I expect Jogadores to thump the Beans. Should be an ok day of foot. Really want to see Belgium in action.

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 17, 2014

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Belgium - Algeria is going to be hilarious as Nabil Bentaleb destroys the Red Devils singlehandedly

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
For what it's worth I thought that Brazil looked a little weak in their opener, and I wish this was the Mexico that could challenge them, maybe blacken an eye along the way, but I'm doubtful that particular Mexico will show up today.

Mexico is my second favorite team, and I'm cheering for the CONCACAF to do well in this tournament but I have the feeling Brazil will be playing themselves into form and that means a bigger win today than my cautious optimism will allow me to predict.

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
Stadia didn't outlive SA but it did outlive Lowtax - Happy Birthday Stadia! #ad
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
WC Standings Recap
------------------
USA 3 Pts
England 0 Pts

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Bentaleb for Algeria versus Dembélé, Vertonghen and Chadli for Belgium. Would it be more Spursy to support the successful youth academy graduate or the expensive flashy signings?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

For what it's worth I thought that Brazil looked a little weak in their opener, and I wish this was the Mexico that could challenge them, maybe blacken an eye along the way, but I'm doubtful that particular Mexico will show up today.

Mexico is my second favorite team, and I'm cheering for the CONCACAF to do well in this tournament but I have the feeling Brazil will be playing themselves into form and that means a bigger win today than my cautious optimism will allow me to predict.

Giovanni dos Santos will have 11 goals ruled out for offside and Brazil will win with a dodgy penalty again

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

drat poor effort OP, killing my buzz for sure

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

AJ_Impy posted:

Bentaleb for Algeria versus Dembélé, Vertonghen and Chadli for Belgium. Would it be more Spursy to support the successful youth academy graduate or the expensive flashy signings?

it'd be far less spursy to support spending money lavishly

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I like Algeria because they're the first team alphabetically on the old FIFAs, the lazy choice

Yes this does mean I will be streaming a recreation live in FIFA 94, peep my Twitch for more info

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

hoping glorious corea takes all the points

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
So glad that brazil has those hard earned 3 points going into this game, they total deserve them

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Can't wait to see Park Ji-Sung and Shinji Kagawa in today's late match, they're gonna own

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

hostile apostle posted:

WC Standings Recap
------------------
USA 3 Pts
England 0 Pts

Take it to the England/USA threads, none of these teams are playing today. This is the Korea Appreciation Station, let's go my little Taeguk Warriors, eat them up like dogs.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Bogan Krkic posted:

it'd be far less spursy to support spending money lavishly

Debatable, Spurs have been splashing inordinate sums on fancy dans from overseas for the best part of 60-odd years.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Hegay posted:

didn't realise anyone gave a poo poo OP. Will work on that next time for sure.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Bogan Krkic posted:

Can't wait to see Park Ji-Sung and Shinji Kagawa in today's late match, they're gonna own
its casual racisms like these that really send me over the edge. kagawa plays for china who aren't even in the tournament you dick. enjoy your ban.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

mynameisjohn posted:

its casual racisms like these that really send me over the edge. kagawa plays for china who aren't even in the tournament you dick. enjoy your ban.

hes being played so far out of position hes taken up residency in a different country

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

my prediction is belgium wins 1-0, everyone here loses their poo poo and thinks we're good, right up until we play against an actual good team

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Go Belgium, Mexico, Korea

Can't wait to put some Univision on

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Hegay posted:

this, gas and ban

*slowly looks up at own mod ball*

haha time to die bitch

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I'm pumped for Algeria to wreck the Belgium hype train

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva

Mean Bean Machine posted:

That would be sweet... But it's still loving Algeria. With that group, they'd have to mess up pretty bad not to advance.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Mean Bean Machine posted:

ung this, sofiane feghouli is gonna merk kompany so hard

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
i thought feghouli was french

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Belgium's march to the quarter finals where they will implode in a shower of red cards begins tonight.

I am hyped.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Im ready to put my posting boots on

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

TheIllestVillain posted:

i thought feghouli was french

algeria is france reserves

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Belgium should just focus on murdering Djamel Mesbah for crimes against football repeatedly, thanks in advance.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Gigi Galli posted:

Belgium should just focus on murdering Djamel Mesbah for crimes against football repeatedly, thanks in advance.

or just chop off a hand

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
good OP, I think every match today will be good OP

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.
Is Belguim still an under dog/dark horse team? Love me some triumph over anonymity.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

aellisr posted:

Is Belguim still an under dog/dark horse team? Love me some triumph over anonymity.

for the tournament, yes. for this match, very no.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

google took it there

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Refstuff

Belgium x Algeria
Ref: Marco RODRIGUEZ (MEX)
AR1: Marvin TORRENTERA (MEX)
AR2: Marcos QUINTERO (MEX)
4th: Alireza FAGHANI (IRN)
RAR: Hassan KAMRANIFAR (IRN)

I think folks refer to him as Dracula sometimes or something. I dunno. He did Germany 4 Australia 0 and Chile 1 Spain 2 at the last World Cup and did Costa Rica 3 USA 1 in CONCACAF Qualifying.

Brazil x Mexico
Ref: Cuneyt CAKIR (TUR)
AR1: Bahattin DURAN (TUR)
AR2: Tarik ONGUN (TUR)
4th: Svein MOEN (NOR)
RAR: Kim HAGLUND (NOR)

Sent off Nani that one time. That should be enough to remind everyone who he is. Had Ukraine 2 France 0 in World Cup Qualifier Playoffs, Portugal 0 Spain 0 at Euro 2012.

Russia x South Korea
Ref: Nestor PITANA (ARG)
AR1: Hernan MAIDANA (ARG)
AR2: Juan Pablo BELATTI (ARG)
4th: Roberto MORENO (PAN)
RAR: Eric BORIA (USA)

In South America qualifiers, had Peru 0 Colombia 1, Venezuela 1 Ecuador 1, Chile 2 Uruguay 0, and Venezuela 3 Peru 2.

That means after today, Shukralla (BHR), Williams (AUS), Gassama (GAM), Haimoudi (ALG), O'Leary (NZL), Proenca (POR), Velasco Carballo (ESP), and Webb (ENG) haven't worked yet. Tomorrow will see Proenca and Haimoudi get their first games, and :siren:Geiger will get his 2nd:siren: when he takes charge of Chile x Spain. Big get for Geiger to have his second match before Webb and Velasco Carballo even get one. Those two are being called into action on Thursday, though. Interestingly, four people have not had a match assigned yet, but two referees are on their second match and they're both from CONCACAF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

mynameisjohn posted:

google took it there

rip

• Locked thread