Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I don't have a ton of money right now, but really want to go the Dallas concert in August. Anyone had any experience with the 200 section at Gexa Energy Pavilion? I feel like they'd be fine, but I wanted to see if anyone had thoughts on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brozozo
Apr 27, 2007

Conclusion: Dinosaurs.

Mr E posted:

I don't have a ton of money right now, but really want to go the Dallas concert in August. Anyone had any experience with the 200 section at Gexa Energy Pavilion? I feel like they'd be fine, but I wanted to see if anyone had thoughts on them.

I've been to several concerts there (twice for NIN), but I've always gotten lawn seats.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

brozozo posted:

I've been to several concerts there (twice for NIN), but I've always gotten lawn seats.

That's what I figured, I'll go ahead and grab some tickets there then, I hadn't had problems with far away seat before due to the sound system/screens being good quality, I just hadn't been to the venue before.

EDIT: Looks like I'm probably going alone, so I may be asking in the thread around August if anyone else is going to be there.

Mr E fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 31, 2014

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Speaking of remixes, did Trent ever put the stems from Hesitation Marks online anywhere?

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Apparently Trent is leaving his position at Beats Music. He hasn't said why, or even confirmed it personally, but it's suspected that it's because of his past issues with Apple.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Masonic Youth posted:

Apparently Trent is leaving his position at Beats Music.
Well Beats just got bought out by Apple. Maybe Trent feels like he won't have creative control anymore?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Well now Trent has denied the rumors that he'll be leaving Beats...

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
To be specific:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Update on the Tension Blu-Ray/DVD release from The NIN Hotline:

quote:

nine inch nails live: tension. blu-ray. dvd. digital. spring 2014. The banner at the top of the Tension page on nin.com, where we all first streamed the concert film, has read that for most of this year. Spring is fast advancing into summer, and the last anyone's heard about it has essentially been when that full concert was posted online. Since then, the band's been touring the world, their Austin City Limits performance aired & streamed online, Trent's been creating a soundtrack for Gone Girl, Apple Inc. bought Beats Music, and another North American tour featuring Nine Inch Nails, Soundgarden, and Death Grips was announced. What of Tension? Here's the latest.
"The Tension release is still coming. We’re working on making it bigger & better, with more content from different shows on the Hesitation Marks tour cycle."

That's a good sign that it has not been relegated to the cold hard drives that store all that Wave Goodbye footage. I understand that more details will be available in the near future. I want to speculate about how it would make a lot of sense to put such a video out around the time the band returns to American venues, but that would just be speculation. Don't worry though - there's no shortage of cool things coming down the pike this year. Stay tuned...

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Not the best quality (but still watchable), but somebody put up the entirety of last month's Manchester show on YouTube a few days ago. It's almost 2 hours long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t3gHIYFDTY

quote:

Setlist:

Me, I'm Not
Copy Of A
Letting You
March Of The Pigs
Piggy
Survivalism
Gave Up
Sanctified
Closer
Find My Way
Disappointed
Came Back Haunted
The Great Destroyer
Eraser
Wish
The Hand That Feeds
Head Like A Hole
The Day The World Went Away
Hurt
e: Also, last night was the last night of the UK/Europe leg of the tour. Apparently they played the Prague show last night and cancelled the last few shows they were scheduled to perform in Russia/Ukraine/Hungary?

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Jun 12, 2014

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
I just saw my first Nine Inch Nails concert last week at Rock Am Ring after being a fan since The Downward Spiral, and was a bit disappointed. Trent really didn't seem into the show thanks to a combination of bad festival soundchecks and the crowd not reacting as much to the newer material. Maybe he wasn't feeling hot either; a lot of parts that typically get screamed were dialed down to a shout. It still sounded great but felt a little bit like they were just going through the numbers. It didn't stop me and my buddy from exchanging excited glances like thirty year old school children when the intro to Reptile came on.

Also they put Nine Inch Nails in a time slot against Anthrax. Bastards.

Edit: three observations that cracked me up at the time. One, every other band at the fest had eight to ten roadies before the stage was swarmed with an army of thirty-plus light-bearing men in NIN shirts. Two, one roadie is evidently paid to hold an orange spotlight eighteen inches from Trent's head at all times, which probably felt great in the summer heat. Three, the whole Year Zero style screen glitches with mangled NSA logos and static noise section during The Great Destroyer loving owned.

Wild T fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jun 12, 2014

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Wild T posted:

Three, the whole Year Zero style screen glitches with mangled NSA logos and static noise section during The Great Destroyer loving owned.
They're doing that again on this tour?! gently caress yesssssssss. That owned so hard on the Lights In The Sky tour :rock:

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Wild T posted:

one roadie is evidently paid to hold an orange spotlight eighteen inches from Trent's head at all times, which probably felt great in the summer heat

He's also employed to pick up the poo poo that Trent throws into the photographers pit :science:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

magiccarpet posted this in the Synth thread in ML, but I'm posting it here too: Alessandro goes over his live rig from the Europe tour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMXEvNUjgCg
He uses modular synths, cassette tapes, multitrack samples from certain songs mapped to a keyboard and a Prophet 12 :staredog:

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
I know the remixes are old, but small reminder that deadmau5' new album 'while(1>2)' features both the Survivalism remix and the Htda remix he did.

I had forgotten how nice his Ice age remix was :) :love:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Listening to the new deadmau5 album and I don't really like his remix of either Ice Age or Survivalism, and they don't fit with the rest of the material on the album at all. They just sound super out of place here.

This whole album is pretty boring in comparison to his other stuff, to be honest, and those out of place remixes don't help things.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jun 18, 2014

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I never really got the praise for the Deadmau5 Ice Age remix. It always struck me as a remix that just didn't add that much and just kind of took away the subtle beauty of the song and just made it glitchier...actually now that I type that out I guess I do guess why people like it but it has more to do with HTDA not being NIN enough and less to do with how interesting of a remix it is.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I thought at least the Ice Age Remix had been out for a long time?

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?
Seems a little strange to have TWO Reznor remixes on an album without any other remixes. Is he trying to catch his attention and do something with him? Never cared much for his music, and I remember a track or two where he was really trying for a NIN-like sound (singing and all). At least this album has a slightly less generic name.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Fors Yard posted:

Seems a little strange to have TWO Reznor remixes on an album without any other remixes. Is he trying to catch his attention and do something with him? Never cared much for his music, and I remember a track or two where he was really trying for a NIN-like sound (singing and all). At least this album has a slightly less generic name.
Well Reznor was already asked in an interview if he was working with deadmau5 (when deadmau5 announced these remixes were appearing on his album), to which Trent immediately responded "No."

Some of the songs on this album sound like less impressive versions of tracks that could be right at home on Ghosts.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Fors Yard posted:

What tracks?

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

I don't remember. This would have been around 2008-9 and it was just on soundcloud. He has since deleted/migrated all that, or I'd look through it to find it. I mostly remember some goon mentioning how he did the singing but doubling the track with a whisper as well. ~*emotional*~ I'm sure it exists somewhere.

Dlowmx
Feb 5, 2007
Eh

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Well Reznor was already asked in an interview if he was working with deadmau5 (when deadmau5 announced these remixes were appearing on his album), to which Trent immediately responded "No."

Some of the songs on this album sound like less impressive versions of tracks that could be right at home on Ghosts.

Funny because upon listening to deadmau5' new album I came to the same conclusion, it sounds like Deadmau5 does Ghosts. Which is what made me check this thread of thoughts on it. It's clear that Joel has been on a Trent kick for a while now, as expressed by his random remix of Survivalism.

That being said, he didn't really do a good enough job of incorporating his own style into it, so like already stated above, we're just getting ghosts light. I'm hopeful for his future releases though, because he's clearly stating that he gives no fucks about catering to current trends and i'm sure this album is a stepping stone for something greater. Avarita is awesome, by the way such rich synths and simple melody, I haven't been able to stop listening to it.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Yeah, definitely Ghosts lite, but I was expecting the majority of the album to be like that, but still plenty 130BPM club anthems.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I read in an interview that he said this was his first "artist" album and that this was the one he's wanted to do all along and that all his past albums were "compilations" and not albums, so I guess being Ghosts lite was his aspiration all along or something? He also said that some of the tracks from this album were radio friendly despite being different from a lot of his others, and meh, I don't think that's true for most of them.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
I remember in 2009 I was looking forward to hearing the 10th anniversary edition re-release of The Fragile.

Next year, it's gonna be the 10th anniversary of With Teeth.

:negative:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

BANME.sh posted:

I remember in 2009 I was looking forward to hearing the 10th anniversary edition re-release of The Fragile.

Next year, it's gonna be the 10th anniversary of With Teeth.

:negative:
Well let's hope he doesn't concentrate on putting out an anniversary edition of Awitha Teetha, even if it didn't take away focus from the long-rumored Fragile anniversary release :v:

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It makes you feel really old when albums you bought in highschool are coming out with 20th anniversary editions.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Well let's hope he doesn't concentrate on putting out an anniversary edition of Awitha Teetha, even if it didn't take away focus from the long-rumored Fragile anniversary release :v:

15th anniversary is just as good as 10th!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahHoc1eRGr4

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

That ending... it's like some sort of sound track to a 16 bit hockey game.

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Holy moly. NIN needs to play that track to the audience immediately before starting a show. With no explanation whatsoever afterwards.

ballgameover.mp3
Oct 21, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4411PgkkPQ

Thought you might also enjoy this other Mark Mothersbaugh contribution.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

ThaGhettoJew posted:

Holy moly. NIN needs to play that track to the audience immediately before starting a show. With no explanation whatsoever afterwards.

"You wanted to see Perfect Drug in a live venue??? Here's your loving Perfect Drug!"

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That was posted on Death Grips' Facebook. If real, guess they won't be a part of the tour this summer anymore. I didn't think they'd see it through anyway but this is still disappointing.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
Now let's hope there won't be a replacement opener and NIN can get longer set times!

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
gonna go have a sad cum :(

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ThaGhettoJew posted:

The Casio keyboard in this slays.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://twitter.com/trent_reznor/status/484494964827488258

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ahahahaha, I saw that earlier. I was laughing but also sad at the same time.