Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoB
May 1, 2009
I played it, it was alright I guess. I cant read Japanese so it might mean more to you.

Its not very difficult and you only get about 8 units at the most and the final boss has stupidly high HP and a ridiculous MAP attack when the rest didn't really post a challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Didn't Hokuto post her thoughts on it at some point in this thread? I'm 70% sure that somebody must have gone in on it, Dark Prison came out a while ago.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Actually, I bought it and then never played it because I burned myself out on Z3. :shobon:

Now that I'm over that, maybe I'll start on it today.

Edit:

Impressions one stage in:

The interface feels a little bit clunky to go back to after Z3, but maybe that's because I'm not as used to this control scheme.

Plot is okay so far. Animations are nice. First skill point was hard to get until I figured out to put everybody in twin units.

I'm sensing a distinctive unit imbalance so far where it's Granzon >>>> Selena's thing >>>>>>>>>>> Everything else.

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jun 17, 2014

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
I'm still surprised Calvina didn't make an appearance anywhere in there. J's coming up next and she has a reputation as an ace pilot what with being the White Lynx, so I'd have figured she'd pop up as a cameo in the federation and maybe be a guest unit who kicks all kind of rear end despite being in a grunt mech.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Gyra_Solune posted:

I'm still surprised Calvina didn't make an appearance anywhere in there. J's coming up next and she has a reputation as an ace pilot what with being the White Lynx, so I'd have figured she'd pop up as a cameo in the federation and maybe be a guest unit who kicks all kind of rear end despite being in a grunt mech.

They'll probably have that happen for a couple chapters in the early game, then her backstory happens and you don't see her again until chapter 20 or 25.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201406/19055285.html

New Famitsu images for Mausoleum of the Apocalypse.

Apparently, someone at Bamco thought Kaguya Nanbu needed competition in the giant tits department.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Haha, speaking of which, look at Totally Not Kyosuke, Really there. His hair is reverse, original character do not steal.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Haha, speaking of which, look at Totally Not Kyosuke, Really there. His hair is reverse, original character do not steal.
That's Fang, who's been around since the original MK1 back in 1996. In other words, he predates Kyosuke by four years, despite looking very similar. Granted, the tweaks to his design do seem very Kyosuke-inspired.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AradoBalanga posted:

That's Fang, who's been around since the original MK1 back in 1996. In other words, he predates Kyosuke by four years, despite looking very similar.

Huh, really? Well I guess I shouldn't be shocked. I can never keep track of the Masoukishin dudes.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Huh, really? Well I guess I shouldn't be shocked. I can never keep track of the Masoukishin dudes.
Neither can I. It's part of the reason I'm very glad they stay out of the OG games, because adding them into those games would skyrocket the cast size to levels beyond Alpha 3's cast.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I love that they haven't updated the older character designs at all, but all the new ones have modern designs sensibilities running rampant.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

HitTheTargets posted:

I love that they haven't updated the older character designs at all, but all the new ones have modern designs sensibilities running rampant.
The only major people who haven't really been updated are Masaki and Ryune. Hell, Shu, the other Elemental Lords and even Presia got updated character art for 2nd OGs...but not those two.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lune's design is so deep in its era that if you tried to change it the universe would explode.

Masaki just gets lost on his way to the redesigner. The last time they tried to redesign him we got Asakim.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Masaki just gets lost on his way to the redesigner.
I shall now accept this as canon.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

AradoBalanga posted:

Apparently, someone at Bamco thought Kaguya Nanbu needed competition in the giant tits department.
Wow, one of those characters can open very large doors.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jun 19, 2014

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

So, I did some checking on the VAs for the two new characters (character names are run through Google Translate, btw):

Phyllis "Huge Tracts of Land" Jaravu: Megumi Toyoguchi

Adinam, aka "The Bleach Reject": Mutsumi Tamura

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

AradoBalanga posted:

So, I did some checking on the VAs for the two new characters (character names are run through Google Translate, btw):

Adinam, aka "The Bleach Reject": Mutsumi Tamura

Is Adinam male or female? I know the VA is female but she seems to play higher-pitched boys a lot. I guessed a girl but now I'm double-guessing myself because of how open that top is.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Prism posted:

Is Adinam male or female? I know the VA is female but she seems to play higher-pitched boys a lot. I guessed a girl but now I'm double-guessing myself because of how open that top is.
Definitely male; it says so in the description.

Phyllis is definitely female, in case anyone is wondering.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Samurai Sanders posted:

Definitely male; it says so in the description.

Phyllis is definitely female, in case anyone is wondering.

Oh, so it does. I missed that on my first scan. GO ME. (Thanks)

KoB
May 1, 2009

AradoBalanga posted:

At least theyre fully covered I suppose :v:

KoB fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jun 19, 2014

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

KoB posted:

At least theyre fully covered I supposed :v:

You realize you've jinxed it that her Finishing Move will involve her removing those clothes in one manner or another.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair, the blue highlights in his hair give him a very DeviantArt OC feel.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

AradoBalanga posted:

My first thought was literally "why is she hugging yellow basketballs?"

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

MechaX posted:

My first thought was literally "why is she hugging yellow basketballs?"

They're literally the size of her head.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
That reminds me, Z2 and 3 had basically no boob bounce cutins, right? And there's no indication that there are here either. Is that totally in the past for Banpresto now? Even with a character who looks like that?

edit: Z1 had more than ever, though.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jun 21, 2014

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Sweet an engineer characte- oh. Her machine is pretty cool though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Samurai Sanders posted:

That reminds me, Z2 and 3 had basically no boob bounce cutins, right? And there's no indication that there are here either. Is that totally in the past for Banpresto now? Even with a character who looks like that?

Are you blocking yoko from your mind?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Uhm, I hate to tell you this, but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWHAeBODHec

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Tae posted:

Are you blocking yoko from your mind?
...drat it, yes, I was.

edit: ^^^^ and that. I guess I forgot some things.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Z2 had Marguerite, Yoko, and Marilyn or whatever the crazy lady in charge of Firebug's name is. Other than that, there was just Setsuko,

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
...Part of me has a strange feeling they might go for like, Valvrave in 3-2. ...Really though I have no idea what we should expect, the new Earth could be anything and it's obvious things are going to focus on that.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Gyra_Solune posted:

...Part of me has a strange feeling they might go for like, Valvrave in 3-2. ...Really though I have no idea what we should expect, the new Earth could be anything and it's obvious things are going to focus on that.

GaoGaiGar. :colbert:

Though I still need to finish Z3-1, been slow gong since I only just beat the 6th Angel.

Didn't help that I had to do the stage three times to kill it by turn 4, and not have any plot units die.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Gundam ZZ for Z3.

We need all the Zs for Z.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
They pretty much missed the bus for ZZ by not having it in Z3-1. Unless they make it post-series it's just not going to work.

Though I have to admit, it would be pretty great if the ZZ crew suddenly popped up during the final parts of Unicorn. Can you even imagine? :allears:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

BlitzBlast posted:

They pretty much missed the bus for ZZ by not having it in Z3-1. Unless they make it post-series it's just not going to work.

Though I have to admit, it would be pretty great if the ZZ crew suddenly popped up during the final parts of Unicorn. Can you even imagine? :allears:
Ple2 meeting Marida would be...rough.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Actually now that I'm watching Ideon, I realize it'd slot in nicely with all the interplanetary shenanigans going on in Z3 what with EVOL and Gemini. Plus, you know, we had Tengen Toppa happen in the first half, it takes some serious poo poo going down to make the plot feel like it still escalates from that point.

...I still kind of question the decision to finish TTGL off in the first half of the game, that kind of thing seems like it'd be a no-brainer for the penultimate climax of the Z series as a whole.

Hikarusa
Sep 8, 2011

Gyra_Solune posted:

Actually now that I'm watching Ideon, I realize it'd slot in nicely with all the interplanetary shenanigans going on in Z3 what with EVOL and Gemini. Plus, you know, we had Tengen Toppa happen in the first half, it takes some serious poo poo going down to make the plot feel like it still escalates from that point.

...I still kind of question the decision to finish TTGL off in the first half of the game, that kind of thing seems like it'd be a no-brainer for the penultimate climax of the Z series as a whole.

I saw "speculation" (aka a completely random idea) that with the multiversal war stuff and each sphere user being from a different universe/planet/whatever that it was actually all foreshadowing the debut of Bokurano in Z3-2. Which, I'm not entirely sure how that would work, but I would sure love to see them try.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Bring back BE INVOKED we can bring back mech shot down = character death in the final stage again.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Ple2 meeting Marida would be...rough.

It could either be super grim or they could play it softer with all the Purus looking up to Marida as a big sister and we have the Kshatriya mother-ducking at the head of a line of Qubeleys for a couple of maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Mineva meeting her body double would also be great, assuming she ever manages to get out of that plot hole ZZ dumped her in.

• Locked thread