Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Symbolic Butt posted:

Hiding the missing button was a pretty nifty move, goddamn Jinho.

Yeah, it seems to be leaking. I think they were voting for the right culprit pretty soon into the second episode. I guess I'll try to not look at those voting status from now on to not spoil myself.

She didn't say that, she just said that violent pop culture such as games and movies influence the methods, not necessarily the killing.

But sure, never say anything bad about your precious hobby. :rolleyes:

(I really don't want to start a derail with this. One person can tell me I'm wrong and let's leave at this.)

The part that I thought was funny, was the idea that the youth today have less empathy

Also I think the audience is automatically wary of Jinho because of The Genius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hat Thoughts posted:

Also I think the audience is automatically wary of Jinho because of The Genius

There's also the extra clues that were released to the viewers, which is likely to be the stuff the investigators missed (ie. the fast clock, the dent in the flute) so they could well have had much more to go on.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

:sbahj:

I had it right until Jinho completely fooled me with his logic on the stand! Turns out his vote change at the end was just an insane gambit.

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jun 5, 2014

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Teek posted:

Crime Scene episode 4 killer reveal: Did spoilers leak for this episode ahead of time? The audience seemed so heavily against Jinho the whole time in their ongoing polls. While a lot of the evidence did really point to him, it didn't seem any more than usual.
Jinho gave it away to the audience a few times. They showed one of those things at the end, where he'd taken the photo of the graffiti but never mentioned it. When Maggie was saying "did no one else see that?!" he didn't even say anything. Made it obvious to viewers he was the killer without anyone in the game knowing. Plus I forget what it was exactly now but from the very beginning in one of his confessionals he said something that made it sound like he was the killer this week.

When they were searching for the button in the art room and the bathroom I kept wondering why they didn't check the basketball court too. That would have cleared Jack. But I'm impressed they picked up on the button thing at all. Seriously, hidden in painty water and then noticing Jack had rolled up sleeves was a pretty big accomplishment to begin with. And the problem was Jinho's motive was kind of subtle and he hid the missing button. I think voting Jack was fair other than the obvious button sitting on the basketball court. It was better than voting Maggie.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Honestly the whole button thing seemed so contrived that I thought John had fabricated it, and it convinced me he was somehow the killer despite any real evidence. I assumed he'd just pulled a button off his own clothes and 'found it' in the water. I guess that would be against the rules, though?

That's actually one thing this case did way better than the first: make it clear how much information is provided to the suspects on their character. With the first case I had a hard time judging anyone's testimony because I was never sure if they were just improvising responses without any real basis.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Chainsawdomy posted:

Honestly the whole button thing seemed so contrived that I thought John had fabricated it, and it convinced me he was somehow the killer despite any real evidence. I assumed he'd just pulled a button off his own clothes and 'found it' in the water. I guess that would be against the rules, though?

That's actually one thing this case did way better than the first: make it clear how much information is provided to the suspects on their character. With the first case I had a hard time judging anyone's testimony because I was never sure if they were just improvising responses without any real basis.

Yeah its pretty unclear how gamey you can be in this.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Soylentbits posted:

I feel like the mysteries should be finished in one episode.

I really agree with this. I feel like a good 30+ minutes could be cut from each episode and things would play out quite well, especially with the pace they set this episode.

AuxiliaryPatroller
Jul 23, 2007
Jinho made that pretty enjoyable- shades of Genius Game lying and play there. I wish I understood the "rules" better. They mentioned players aren't allowed to lie, and I assume they can't mess with the scene, but I guess they can mess with their clothes?

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
The people voting for their first choice until the end goes against the whole point of having an investigation in the first place. The only two people who I think are actually on the level are Jinho and the lady the played Maggie this week. EDIT: Oh and John who actually kinda had something with the button.

Knives and Hot Dust fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jun 6, 2014

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I still can't believe the producers were so confident in that button being found that they had a misdirection missing button

Cute n Popular
Oct 12, 2012
Henry's gone 2 for 2 so far. I wish they kept him on because he's honestly pretty entertaining.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

No episode quite yet, but this is some awesome news, new upcoming guest.

https://twitter.com/Bumdidlyump/status/476523416540164096

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

BSam posted:

No episode quite yet, but this is some awesome news, new upcoming guest.

https://twitter.com/Bumdidlyump/status/476523416540164096

This is great! A game like this plays up Sunggyu's strengths especially if he's the killer

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Episode 5 up. The guest this time does a great job I thought, and I liked the idea of the other special guest also.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Yeah, having a guest who's on task does a lot of improve things. Not that Henry wasn't fun, it's just a nice change a pace though.

Figure the water has to play some part. The one woman who was feeling sleepy also is suspicious, in that if she and the victim drank something, the victim just more so than her, the victim could have been knocked out and then killed in some way.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
This was the best episode so far IMO. I really like the idea of having a real detective there
The cause of death is obviously poison and/or heart attack but it makes me wonder if it's something more sophisticated than poisoning her drink. Probably not tho, I just tend to think things that are too simple on a TV show are always wrong :shobon:

AuxiliaryPatroller
Jul 23, 2007
Latest episode is starting to get good. Having the real detective there is adding some solid intensity, and though Henry owned, his silliness was somewhat detracting when people are caught by lies/evidence. Everyone here is keeping serious enough to make things "real".

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I was wondering what was up with all the new posts, guess it's time for more fantastic Korean showtime with Crime Scene.

Also, if anyone needs their Genius Fix until season 3, I recommend the manga Liar Game. It has a lot of Genius-esque games, often won through tricks that make the Genius tricks look obvious.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I like how Hyunmoo just can't avoid sounding suspicious as heck in every episode.

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Looks like some of you are getting your wish!

Bumdidlyump posted:

Lim Banggeul had to pull out of Crime Scene because of her schedule. Kang Yongsuk will replace her and it'll be 1 episode per case now.

I'm curious when this is taking effect though. I'm guessing it's taking place after the next case?

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

I just looked this guy up and apparently he was expelled from his party for making sexually harassing remarks at a student dinner. Really, Crime Scene?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

She was the really smart one, right? That sucks. Also it's kind of funny I don't know any of their names on this show except Jinho and Henry.
edit: No, rechecking ep 1 and it seems like

Park Ji Yoon: the smart lady
Lim Bang Geul: the lawyer
NS Yoon Ji: Woman who always plays the secretary/nurse etc
Hong Jinho: Jinho
Jun Hyun Moo: Host/player guy

Not a big loss then, the lawyer didn't really do much ever

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jun 15, 2014

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

I really like the detective, and think it would be cool if they just let him play for real.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Zythrst posted:

I really like the detective, and think it would be cool if they just let him play for real.

He's not an entertainer tho, it seems to me like they wouldn't want him to make a fool of himself.

ChuckSteak
Jul 7, 2005
It seems my lurk here is done.
I love the banter between the MC and the ladies.

"You may not believe it, but I'm 53."
"I believe it!"

"You are the devil."

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Loved the detective and I'm so happy that he was featured. Looking forward to more older generation players bringing that to the table.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Oh hey, ep 6 is out.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I'm curious how the show will do with the format change, on one hand, it'll be nice to see the cases resolved instantly, but it could just make things seem rushed

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Pretty good episode! I'm glad things went the way I expected. Looking forward to the killer reveal in one episode too! This just means we get to see more cases this season, it can only be a good thing!

One more reason to love Korean T.V., no way an American show would change anything about its format mid-season just because of viewer feedback.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I just hope it doesn't mean we get Sunggyu for 1 ep instead of 2 :(

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

So if Lim Bang Geul is leaving, who gets her gold? She and Jinho were tied for first.

Also, I really like Park Ji Yoon, especially how she and Jinho have recognized each others' competency and teamed up. I'd love to see her on the Genius next season.

Gyre posted:

I just looked this guy up and apparently he was expelled from his party for making sexually harassing remarks at a student dinner. Really, Crime Scene?

Yeah, what the hell? He does not have a flattering wikipedia page; apparently he's some sort of South Korean Roger Stone.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
Man I'm bad at this show.

Show of hands about the murderer.
Who changed their mind on the murderer based on her crying? Just me?

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?

Soylentbits posted:

I did. I also thought it was Jinho because he kept laughing like a maniac.

Really great episode.
Jun Hyun Moo, Jinho, Park Ji Yoon and NS Yoon Ji are really great. Lim Bang Geul was okay but she leaving is not a huge loss.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Good stuff, I wasn't swayed by the crying, because I felt she could have been crying genuinely even if she was guilty. On the other hand, I sort of felt throughout that the evidence against the secretary was almost too good, and kept expecting something a little more damning to show up for another character. I mean come on guys motive is all well with the security guard, but opportunity is kind of a big one to overlook. ;)

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Soylentbits posted:

I did, and not just because of the crying, but she seemed very sincere. Meanwhile Employee Yoon was saying all the exact same things she said when she was the criminal the first time, and she omitted huge things from her story, like that she went to the store for the Ramen, and like that she went into the Team Leader's office. And, of course, she had a great motive like they all did. The only thing that would rule her out was that she couldn't have put the Team Leader to sleep, but I didn't really think that was that necessary? As long as she was sitting at her desk at work, it seemed like it would work? But the hair pin in the pantry really was a giveaway, I guess I was swayed by the tears too much.

edit: Oh yeah, I forgot about the Director's lighter being used to set off the alarms, that's another knock against the secretary. Man, she just had so much evidence stacked against her, sucks for her haha

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jun 18, 2014

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I'm just happy that finally the audience didn't vote for the correct culprit and the cast members did.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Also I think the best way to do it is one episode per case but don't reveal the criminal until the start of the next episode. That way the fans and viewers can discuss their suspicions up until the next episode. As is now, you can do that too, but half the evidence hasn't been revealed yet so it's pointless, and when they go to one episode per case it will be over before anyone gets a chance to talk. Although I do admit leaving someone locked in a cage is a cool way to end an episode.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

qbert posted:

I'm just happy that finally the audience didn't vote for the correct culprit and the cast members did.

Seemed like the voting always swung into whatever direction the detective was in :D

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Soylentbits posted:

Same. 3 cases and I got all of them wrong. :negative:

I never changed my mind though, I was just sure it was the employee after a certain point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

This time I actually got it right. I interpreted the crying as a genuine reaction to being at a dead-end, and the secretary kept talking about how the culprit needs to not be her, rather than who they need to get. Giving up and going "fine vote me" was the nail in the coffin since it's a real stupid gambit to make and can only possibly pay off if you're the criminal.