Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Stagger_Lee posted:

Uncanny X-Men #104 is the first appearances, with the "Cyclop's father" reveal in #154. X-Men in space has always been weird to me, especially as wikipedia seems to suggest that it only happened cause Marvel kept putting off publishing Cockrum's team of space pirates and he talked Claremont into writing them in with the connection to Cyclops.

I am almost positive that it was very quickly revealed that Corsair was Cyclops dad, but it was 154 when cyclops found out. The first Starjammer storyline is pretty good and helps set up the next couple of years of plots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
It also implies that Professor X's telepathy can function faster-than-light, which really bothered me because I am dumb and lame.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

bobkatt013 posted:

I am almost positive that it was very quickly revealed that Corsair was Cyclops dad, but it was 154 when cyclops found out. The first Starjammer storyline is pretty good and helps set up the next couple of years of plots.

Yeah, in his first appearance Jean learns who he is pretty much straight away, but agrees not to tell anyone else.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I've appreciated lurking in the BSS threads and the advice given to me previously in this thread. I'd like to solicit a bit of advice once more if you guys don't mind.

I have a 10 year old boy who saw me reading some of the recommendations you all gave to me. I have been trying to think of something we could do together other than playing video games ever since we bought like 200 dollars worth of Magic cards and played for like a month before never touching them again. He reads at a high school level and is pretty mature for his age. We picked up a few comic books at the local shop the other day and I've decided he and I are going to start the comic book collection I could never afford when I was his age.

He's watched the latest and greatest superhero movies and cartoons and we play DC Universe Online. I know his favorite superhero is Spiderman but he is also into X-Men. I've created a short list and planned on visiting the comic book store on Wednesday to pick stuff up. I planned on grabbing a bunch of books and narrowing things down a bit to make a pull list of recurring purchases.

I understand that many readers here may be beyond the allure of superheroes but please keep in mind that this is as much for my son (who has never experienced any of the comic book cliches) as it is for me. My primary goal here is to pick up current issues of series we enjoy and maybe eventually go searching for back issues. With that said, I was thinking of picking up the following:

Amazing Spiderman

All New X-Men

Batman

Hawkeye

Teen Titans

Thor

Moon Knight

Capt Midnight

Green Lantern Corps

Daredevil

I figure this has a mix of Marvel, DC, and Dark Horse. My only concern is that some of these may be too adult for a kid that isn't even a teenager. I let him watch PG-13 type stuff but I'd like to stay away from very graphic violence and complete nudity if possible. Language isn't as big as a deal breaker since they are just words and he's already heard all of them on the playground.

Is there anything in here that makes you think "What was he thinking?" or any other recommendations for introducing a father/son duo to the world of superheroes and/or Sci Fi? I am trying to stay at around 50 bucks or so since I doubt I am going to keep picking up new copies of all of these.

Lastly, (not sure this goes here but since I am already posting) can you give me a run down of how a pull list works? I understand that it's a list of comic books a store will pull for someone to purchase on a recurring basis. Where I am confused is whether I just give the store my credit card info and tell them to charge me or do I pay when I pick stuff up? Also what is the threshold for making a pull list? Say for instance I have 10 comic books I want to buy every month, if I ask the people at the comic book store to set something up for me will I be laughed at? I mean I know 10 comic books is only like 35 or 40 bucks.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

Hekk posted:

I've appreciated lurking in the BSS threads and the advice given to me previously in this thread. I'd like to solicit a bit of advice once more if you guys don't mind.

I have a 10 year old boy who saw me reading some of the recommendations you all gave to me. I have been trying to think of something we could do together other than playing video games ever since we bought like 200 dollars worth of Magic cards and played for like a month before never touching them again. He reads at a high school level and is pretty mature for his age. We picked up a few comic books at the local shop the other day and I've decided he and I are going to start the comic book collection I could never afford when I was his age.

He's watched the latest and greatest superhero movies and cartoons and we play DC Universe Online. I know his favorite superhero is Spiderman but he is also into X-Men. I've created a short list and planned on visiting the comic book store on Wednesday to pick stuff up. I planned on grabbing a bunch of books and narrowing things down a bit to make a pull list of recurring purchases.

I understand that many readers here may be beyond the allure of superheroes but please keep in mind that this is as much for my son (who has never experienced any of the comic book cliches) as it is for me. My primary goal here is to pick up current issues of series we enjoy and maybe eventually go searching for back issues. With that said, I was thinking of picking up the following:

Amazing Spiderman

All New X-Men

Batman

Hawkeye

Teen Titans

Thor

Moon Knight

Capt Midnight

Green Lantern Corps

Daredevil

I figure this has a mix of Marvel, DC, and Dark Horse. My only concern is that some of these may be too adult for a kid that isn't even a teenager. I let him watch PG-13 type stuff but I'd like to stay away from very graphic violence and complete nudity if possible. Language isn't as big as a deal breaker since they are just words and he's already heard all of them on the playground.

Is there anything in here that makes you think "What was he thinking?" or any other recommendations for introducing a father/son duo to the world of superheroes and/or Sci Fi? I am trying to stay at around 50 bucks or so since I doubt I am going to keep picking up new copies of all of these.

Lastly, (not sure this goes here but since I am already posting) can you give me a run down of how a pull list works? I understand that it's a list of comic books a store will pull for someone to purchase on a recurring basis. Where I am confused is whether I just give the store my credit card info and tell them to charge me or do I pay when I pick stuff up? Also what is the threshold for making a pull list? Say for instance I have 10 comic books I want to buy every month, if I ask the people at the comic book store to set something up for me will I be laughed at? I mean I know 10 comic books is only like 35 or 40 bucks.

I'm pretty new to comics myself, but you really don't want Moon Knight for a kid to read. It's pretty drat violent. It seems that most series these days are somewhat "adult". I think your best bet are where the characters are young, like Ultimate Spider-Man, Young Avengers, Ms. Marvel, etc. All of these also happen to be pretty good.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I'd second swapping Moon Knight for Ms Marvel. Great art, young character, positive female character. I'd also swap Amazing Spider-Man with Ultimate Spider-Man. Start at volume 1 and work your way forward, the worst Ultimate ever gets is "just okay". Plus, when you eventually get to Peter's death and the Miles issues, Miles is only a few years older than your son.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I think pull lists vary from store to store. At mine, there doesn't seem to be a minimum and you pay when you pick up the books. I can see more busy places having a minimum to make it worth their time.

You might want to add Guardians of the Galaxy to your list, especially with the movie coming soon. The current series is a good place to start, or you can go all the way back to the Annihilation crossover. Super heroes and sci-fi, though the characters are pretty okay with killing and Annihilation is a giant space war.

The current Thor is kinda violent in a heavy metal way. Might want to flip through some issues, first.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I appreciate the feedback on Moon Knight. I am looking at Ultimate Spiderman stuff on Amazon. Do you recommend I just pick up the trade paperbacks?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Yeah, that's the easiest and cheapest way to dip your toes in. It's a long running series, so you can get by on trades for a long time. Don't make Amazing Spider-Man your kid's first Spider-Man book, please...

Another semi-recommendation: New Warriors. It's been a book that traditionally skews younger, but I have only read the first issue of the current series, so I don't know for sure if it's good or age appropriate.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Oh!

I don't like it, but a lot of goons enjoy the current Nova series. It's another one with a young protagonist, too.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

10 might be a little too young but I'd recommend Locke and Key anyways

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If we're talking current, Teen Titans blows. Forget that.

The last run of FF and the current Silver Surfer are super fun. Get your kid into Mike Allred!
Definitely get the new Ms. Marvel, and I'd say the new She-Hulk. Her superheroing is completely tied into being a lawyer and it's still really light, fun and exciting.
None of this stuff ties into the Avengers or any big crossover crisis events, which is a plus.

Edit: The current 'Batman' series is good, especially with the Zero Year thing it's currently doing, but it might have gotten a bit dark for a young kid with the Joker stuff from #13-17.

Shazam! could be good for him. It's about an 11-12ish year old kid who gets turned into a superhero.

There's no current series, but it was a recent backup in Justice League which has been collected.

Justice League United just started and it's a pretty diverse group without the major Justice Leaguers. It's pretty light in tone compared to most DC books (we have had one sliced off and re-grown Hawkman arm though) and it's got space aliens with lazers and Canada!
Here's a video with the author touring the province he's basing the series in, which features quite prominently.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kiqc7qBmNJs
The comic stupidly begins with #0, btw.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jun 17, 2014

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Uthor posted:

Yeah, that's the easiest and cheapest way to dip your toes in. It's a long running series, so you can get by on trades for a long time. Don't make Amazing Spider-Man your kid's first Spider-Man book, please...

Another semi-recommendation: New Warriors. It's been a book that traditionally skews younger, but I have only read the first issue of the current series, so I don't know for sure if it's good or age appropriate.

I picked up the first Ultimate Spider-man tpb off amazon for pretty cheap. I will look at New Warriors when I swing by the shop on weds. Thanks again.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Hekk posted:

I picked up the first Ultimate Spider-man tpb off amazon for pretty cheap. I will look at New Warriors when I swing by the shop on weds. Thanks again.

I'm going to second Ms Marvel, its a great book with beautiful art and I think it's good for (everyone, but especially) kids to read the occasional thing with a protagonist from a different culture. You should definitely flip through Moon Knight before you buy it, I like it a lot, but it's kinda violent.

If your kid really likes the X-Men you might also get Wolverine and the X-Men. The Jason Aaron series is collected in trades at this point, but the new series isn't bad either.

One thing is don't worry too much about him getting confused about continuity, kids tend to let that wash over them. I remember being about his age and for a long plane trip my parents getting me the Return of Superman trade paperback, and that's confusing as gently caress if that's one of your first Dc comics. Lex Luthor is a young red head dating Supergirl who is a shape shifter. And I just went with the flow.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Kids loving love goofy poo poo like that. Grimdark Futures End nonsense? Not so much.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I'd recommend New Warriors, I just posted in the Marvel thread about how fun it is. I don't think I'd recommend Young Avengers for a 10 year old, though, certainly not the Gillen/McKelvie run. You might want to pre-read that before giving it to him. There is just a bit of "mature" content, I suppose.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I agree with Zaph about YA. Also Hawkeye probably won't appeal to a 10 year old. Wolverine and the X-Men would be terrific, I'd also recommend Mz Marvel and Nova. New Warriors is okay too.

Outside of superheroes, Lookouts and Bandette would be real stimulating and look gorgeous.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

irlZaphod posted:

I'd recommend New Warriors, I just posted in the Marvel thread about how fun it is. I don't think I'd recommend Young Avengers for a 10 year old, though, certainly not the Gillen/McKelvie run. You might want to pre-read that before giving it to him. There is just a bit of "mature" content, I suppose.

TBH I don't remember much mature content unless you think homosexual relationships aren't appropriate for kids, but that book is definitely aimed at an older audience(teenagers).
I'm going to recommend the Marvel Unlimited if you have a tablet of any kind. It has all of Ultimate Spider-Man and good portions of everything else you listed(Marvel ones at least). Teen Titans does kind of blow, and the run I can think of that people really like is by Geoff Johns, so probably not for kids. I would maybe flip through some of GLC before you get into it because it can get pretty violent, GotG is a much better book if you want sci-fi adventures. ALSO get Cyclops, it's about the young Cyclops from the past hanging out in space with his space pirate father. Just make sure you get the new series.

hadji murad posted:

Outside of superheroes, Lookouts and Bandette would be real stimulating and look gorgeous.
Lookouts is really good despite being related to Penny Arcade.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Senor Candle posted:

TBH I don't remember much mature content unless you think homosexual relationships aren't appropriate for kids, but that book is definitely aimed at an older audience(teenagers).
It's more that, as you say, it's aimed at teenagers, not 10 year olds. Maybe Hekk is ok with his kid reading it, that's why I suggested he check it first. I wouldn't say that gay relationships would be an issue, but there are some references to sex (I forget if there's anything more suggestive in it than the opening with Kate...maybe Oubliette in general?). The other thing is that he just might not enjoy it.

friendo55
Jun 28, 2008

I'm about a year or so into reading comics and looking for a new non-superhero series to get into that's just recently started up [I'm thinking Warren Ellis' Trees?] or especially one that's upcoming.

Right now I'm loving BKV's Saga and anything from Brubaker (catching up on Criminal and reading Velvet). Basically I'm requesting anything that's new and exciting and wasn't sure where to go or how to narrow it all down. With Saga and Velvet it's been much more enjoyable reading month-to-month versus TPB.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

I don't think a ten year old would be that interested in Hawkeye, no matter how great it is. It feels really ... adult slice-of-life? Especially some of the stuff revolving around Hurricane Sandy hitting New York, references to sex, and the fact it's about a grown man whose life is a drat mess.

Ms Marvel's a good recommendation, and Cyclops is ridiculously fun so far. Guardians of the Galaxy is generally fun, too.

Runaways might be worth a shot, too. It's got a younger cast, and goofy stuff like a psychic pet velociraptor.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

friendo55 posted:

I'm about a year or so into reading comics and looking for a new non-superhero series to get into that's just recently started up [I'm thinking Warren Ellis' Trees?] or especially one that's upcoming.

Right now I'm loving BKV's Saga and anything from Brubaker (catching up on Criminal and reading Velvet). Basically I'm requesting anything that's new and exciting and wasn't sure where to go or how to narrow it all down. With Saga and Velvet it's been much more enjoyable reading month-to-month versus TPB.

Southern Bastards

I am also going to suggest Hellboy and Madman since they are the best.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jun 17, 2014

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

friendo55 posted:

Can I recommend East of West again? Cuz I'm doin' it and you can't stop me.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

friendo55 posted:

Deadly Class.

edit: Issue #1 of The Wicked and Divine comes out tomorrow, and is getting rave reviews.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

friendo55 posted:

Read Rat Queens. Do it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

friendo55 posted:

Sex Criminals. Its only on issue 5 or 6 I think, so easy to get completely caught up on.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

hadji murad posted:

If we're going outside of superheroes, Bone (duh) (if he's into fantasy) and Atomic Robo (if he's into robots punching dinosaurs) (who isn't!).

friendo55
Jun 28, 2008

Shitshow posted:

edit: Issue #1 of The Wicked and Divine comes out tomorrow, and is getting rave reviews.

Yea definitely gonna get started on Wicked + Divine tomorrow so thanks for that. Southern Bastards also sounds fun as does East of West, Rat Queens & Sex Criminals. Also stumbled across Pretty Deadly which looks interesting? Thanks for these!

Also have heard of Bone and Atomic Robo - appreciate the reminder and hope to get started on those at some point.

friendo55 fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jun 17, 2014

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Pretty deadly is gorgeous, if a bit convoluted.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Opopanax posted:

10 might be a little too young but I'd recommend Locke and Key anyways

Based off of a google/wikipedia search this looks like a horror/suspense book. How scary is it? I mean are we talking like cheesy Sy Fi shows like "Paranormal Witness" or "The Haunting" or like how IT made an entire generation afraid of clowns scary?

Skwirl posted:

I'm going to second Ms Marvel, its a great book with beautiful art and I think it's good for (everyone, but especially) kids to read the occasional thing with a protagonist from a different culture. You should definitely flip through Moon Knight before you buy it, I like it a lot, but it's kinda violent.

If your kid really likes the X-Men you might also get Wolverine and the X-Men. The Jason Aaron series is collected in trades at this point, but the new series isn't bad either.

I appreciate the Ms Marvel advice. All New X-Men is the new main X-Men series right? I will look into picking up the trades but for some reason I am really interested in picking up the current stuff to start out. Something about the format being what I remember reading as a kid.

irlZaphod posted:

I added New Warriors to my list. I looked around and I agree that it looks like it might be a good fit. Also I appreciate the heads up about New Avengers. I've no problem with homosexual relationships or sexual implications. My boy is pretty mature and has a clear understanding of how babies are made. I'd just like to stay away from full nudity (he's a bit young to be rubbing one out anyway) and extremely graphic violence (decapitations, disembowelment, body parts flying around, etc.).

A Tin Of Beans posted:

I don't think a ten year old would be that interested in Hawkeye, no matter how great it is. It feels really ... adult slice-of-life? Especially some of the stuff revolving around Hurricane Sandy hitting New York, references to sex, and the fact it's about a grown man whose life is a drat mess.

Ms Marvel's a good recommendation, and Cyclops is ridiculously fun so far. Guardians of the Galaxy is generally fun, too.

Runaways might be worth a shot, too. It's got a younger cast, and goofy stuff like a psychic pet velociraptor.

Hah I admit that the Hawkeye thing is more for me. My initial reintroduction to comic books was picking up a month of Marvel Unlimited and reading through what they have on there. I added Guardians of the Galaxy to the list since it seems fun enough and my son wants to watch the movie.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

friendo55 posted:

Manhattan Projects, Letter 44.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
Hekk, Locke & Key is my favorite all-time series, but it is in no way appropriate for a child of ten. I would wait until they're 15 or 16 before introducing it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Hekk posted:

I appreciate the Ms Marvel advice. All New X-Men is the new main X-Men series right? I will look into picking up the trades but for some reason I am really interested in picking up the current stuff to start out. Something about the format being what I remember reading as a kid.

All New X-men is about the original 5 X-men being brought to the future by Beast to show Cyclops how much of a dick he's become. Wolverine and the X-men is about the school Wolverine started because Cyclops was being a dick.
There are a couple crossovers, but mostly they do there own thing. There's more crossovers with Uncanny X-men, since that has the same writer as All New.

I don't thing there's much you'd object to in Young Avengers (I assume that's what you meant, not New Avengers, which is great but incredibly grim and violent), the first issue features two of the characters having sex, but nothing explicit is shown almost all of it is the morning after. I don't know how interested a ten year old would be in it though, it feels very much like a teenager comic, the major theme of it is dealing with being in that place where you aren't quite an adult, but aren't a kid any more.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jun 18, 2014

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Hekk posted:

I added New Warriors to my list. I looked around and I agree that it looks like it might be a good fit. Also I appreciate the heads up about New Avengers. I've no problem with homosexual relationships or sexual implications. My boy is pretty mature and has a clear understanding of how babies are made. I'd just like to stay away from full nudity (he's a bit young to be rubbing one out anyway) and extremely graphic violence (decapitations, disembowelment, body parts flying around, etc.).

There isn't anything like that in YA, but I'm not sure if a 10-year-old would really connect with it. Does he have a tumblr? If he does then he'll probably like it.

Ruptured Yakety Sax
Jun 8, 2012

ARE YOU AN ANGEL, BIRD??

bobkatt013 posted:

Southern Bastards

I am also going to suggest Hellboy and Madman since they are the best.
Speeking of Madman, what would be the best place to start? From what I can tell the title is a whole mess of miniseries, is there a better one to start with? Or should I start at the beginning (?) with Madman Comics: Yearbook '95

Also can people recommend other good comics with art by Mike Allred, I really like his style. And also by Rafael Grampá, who all I have read by is Mesmo Delivery.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Goatmask posted:

Speeking of Madman, what would be the best place to start? From what I can tell the title is a whole mess of miniseries, is there a better one to start with? Or should I start at the beginning (?) with Madman Comics: Yearbook '95

Also can people recommend other good comics with art by Mike Allred, I really like his style. And also by Rafael Grampá, who all I have read by is Mesmo Delivery.

No the best is to start here http://www.amazon.com/Madman-Volume-1-v/dp/1582408106/ref=pd_sim_sbs_b_1/178-9520504-9824508?ie=UTF8&refRID=09Z7P4T3A4TT49KT8KVA
Here is the reading order
Madman Vol. 1
Madman Vol. 2
Madman Vol. 3
Madman King-size Super Groovy Special
Madman and the Atomics Vol. 1
Madman Atomic Comics Volume 1
Madman Atomic Comics Volume 2
Madman Atomic Comics Volume 3
Red Rocket
The Atomics: Spaced Out and Grounded in Snap City
The Superman/Madman Hullabaloo!
Madman Boogaloo!
Madman 20th Anniversary Monster
All New Giant-Size Super Ginchy Special!

X-Statix is amazing and well worth a read.
Solo has a great story by him in it
Wolverine and the X-men #17 has an amazing Doop story in it.
Izombie is not that great storywise but artwise its amazing.
Daredevil Volume 3 17 has a great story written by Mark Waid and drawn by him
Sandman 54 has the PREZ
FF volume 2 is just fun.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jun 18, 2014

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Goatmask posted:

And also by Rafael Grampá, who all I have read by is Mesmo Delivery.

He really doesn't have a lot of stuff out there. He had a story in one of the Strange Tales issues (which are pretty great in their own right) and that's about it aside from little guest spots here and there.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
So basically the only comic I'm actively reading right now is Saga. It is extremely hard to wait for new issues of Saga (partly because it's just that loving good, and partly because it consistently leaves off on huge cliffhangers). Is there anything else on that level of quality currently running that I can use to pass the time in between Saga issues?

I'm aware that Sex Criminals is dope as hell, but haven't gotten around to it, and I'm waiting for Warren Ellis' Moon Knight to come out as a TPB since it's only 6 issues, but other than that and the Hickman Marvel stuff (which seems really really difficult to get into, honestly) I have no idea what's currently good in funnybooks.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Check out what else Image has to offer. Sex Criminals, Lazarus, Rat Queens, Pretty Deadly. There's been a few new books I haven't picked up yet (Deadly Class?) that I hear good things about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
The Wicked + The Divine was super good. I liked Thomas Alsop by BOOM!. it's about some family that got cursed and becomes "The Hand of the Island(New York)" and goes around stopping weird magic poo poo from happening. It has really nice art and is jumping between some pilgrim rear end dude which was the first one, and his great great grandson who is some drug addled rock star type dude who is making a reality show based on his adventures or something? I dunno it seems pretty cool.