Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Aades posted:

I don't trust Avram's smuggler buddy with the meds.

I trust our meds to be safe. Avram wouldn't steer us wrong, because he likely knows that if he did, Puabi-chan would finally have a living subject to harvest bits from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
You know, the next time we meet up with someone who we trust who can also sense presences (Ishamal, Tudiya, etc.), we should ask them if they can sense our Balls. I was always under the impression myself that our radar sense of the Balls was personal, a sign of our increasing connection to them, as opposed to their gaining Magic Juice. That is, we could sense them because they're tied to us, but others couldn't because they're not part of their awesome hero band.

Come to think of it...

Ask Danal if he can sense presences or even just Mt. Har now. If he can, ask if he senses anything funny about our Balls. Ditto for Uriah and Gareb.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
I think the idea that our unblooded balls w/ presences are suspicious is way off-base. Assuming other mighty dudes sense presences approximately the same way we do, it seems likely that the main factor used to judge another's bloodedness is by presence alone. If this is the case, then they wouldn't perceive them as unblooded men with a suspicious presence, but as slightly blooded men with an appropriate presence for their level.

I think part of the confusion stems from the dual way people use the term 'blooded'. When we used up almost all of our juice, would you say that we were almost completely unblooded? 'Bloodedness' in my theory is a measure of potential [???], and perhaps its passive growth rate, not the current level, but what we can actually sense is the current level.

edit - Theories I think are more likely that have already been brought up as possibilities:
- tudiya's package
- presence of heretics
- one of our hundreds of total stranger pilgrims is sneaking something in.

Tax Inductions fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jun 18, 2014

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Wednesday posted:

I think the idea that our unblooded balls w/ presences are suspicious is way off-base. Assuming other mighty dudes sense presences approximately the same way we do, it seems likely that the main factor used to judge another's bloodedness is by presence alone. If this is the case, then they wouldn't perceive them as unblooded men with a suspicious presence, but as slightly blooded men with an appropriate presence for their level.

I think part of the confusion stems from the dual way people use the term 'blooded'. When we used up almost all of our juice, would you say that we were almost completely unblooded? 'Bloodedness' in my theory is a measure of potential [???], and perhaps its passive growth rate, not the current level, but what we can actually sense is the current level.

edit - Theories I think are more likely that have already been brought up as possibilities:
- tudiya's package
- presence of heretics
- one of our hundreds of total stranger pilgrims is sneaking something in.

Well, I think there are two different definitions of "blooded". One is the orthodox El definition, men descended from Labaras. If Bareen wasn't lying about her lineage then Labaras's blood gives power to both men and women. This doesn't account for the fact that Bareen was likely lying, and people like Indor and Puabi have some sort of power, not to mention us, if we're not descended from Labaras. The problem, Mr. Wednesday, is that we don't seem to be like other people. Tudiya fought Bareen and had a nice nap for a while, he didn't go into a hunger frenzy. We obviously have the potential to be much, much more powerful than him. I just don't think we can extrapolate how [???] works for us, and assume it works that way for anyone else, or at least for most other people.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

Tsyni posted:

Well, I think there are two different definitions of "blooded". One is the orthodox El definition, men descended from Labaras. If Bareen wasn't lying about her lineage then Labaras's blood gives power to both men and women. This doesn't account for the fact that Bareen was likely lying, and people like Indor and Puabi have some sort of power, not to mention us, if we're not descended from Labaras. The problem, Mr. Wednesday, is that we don't seem to be like other people. Tudiya fought Bareen and had a nice nap for a while, he didn't go into a hunger frenzy. We obviously have the potential to be much, much more powerful than him. I just don't think we can extrapolate how [???] works for us, and assume it works that way for anyone else, or at least for most other people.

We may have the potential to grow much more powerful, and some of our extra-sensory perceptions might be growing in faster and in more depth than others', but I think we have plenty of evidence that the way might manifests is reasonably consistent, and more of a matter of degree than kind.

- Other well-endowed mighty men sense the presence to the north-east the same way we do. Tudiya confirmed this.
- The difference between Tudiya's post-battle nap and our raging hunger is easily explained: We bottomed out our [???] bar, Tudiya didn't even come close. When we deliberately use our [???] without bottoming out the after-effects seem to be the standard for mighty men - increased hunger and fatigue.
- Ishamal could tell how close we were to the bottom when we returned from the desert. Perhaps this is because he can see our mana bar like we can, but I think it's more likely that we had a greatly diminished presence when we came back. For a normal man this would not be cause for alarm but Ishamal had a reference point for comparison to know we were running on empty.

There are some things that are unique to us, namely our ability to see and hear the freshly dead and other 'soul-stuff'. This might well be explained by us just being unique or 'better', but I think a reasonable model of the world should probably assume that the general way we perceive stuff is not wildly different from other mighty men. Otherwise we're just stuck in a 'what if your purple isn't the same as my purple' kind of phenomenological bog.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Wednesday posted:

We may have the potential to grow much more powerful, and some of our extra-sensory perceptions might be growing in faster and in more depth than others', but I think we have plenty of evidence that the way might manifests is reasonably consistent, and more of a matter of degree than kind.

- Other well-endowed mighty men sense the presence to the north-east the same way we do. Tudiya confirmed this.
- The difference between Tudiya's post-battle nap and our raging hunger is easily explained: We bottomed out our [???] bar, Tudiya didn't even come close. When we deliberately use our [???] without bottoming out the after-effects seem to be the standard for mighty men - increased hunger and fatigue.
- Ishamal could tell how close we were to the bottom when we returned from the desert. Perhaps this is because he can see our mana bar like we can, but I think it's more likely that we had a greatly diminished presence when we came back. For a normal man this would not be cause for alarm but Ishamal had a reference point for comparison to know we were running on empty.

There are some things that are unique to us, namely our ability to see and hear the freshly dead and other 'soul-stuff'. This might well be explained by us just being unique or 'better', but I think a reasonable model of the world should probably assume that the general way we perceive stuff is not wildly different from other mighty men. Otherwise we're just stuck in a 'what if your purple isn't the same as my purple' kind of phenomenological bog.

How do you explain no other mention from any other mighty people of the danger of bottoming out [???]? Ishamal basically forced us to be sterilized. If we're simply a dude with potential as great as Labaras, then why shouldn't we have kids? This all points to our crazy-hunger on bottoming out being unique to us. One alternate theory to this could be that demons are just the sons/daughters of Labaras that bottomed out and went crazy or something, and if you have incredibly high positive potential you also have incredibly high negative potential. Too bad we didn't ask the melachim something more interesting than an answer we already had.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

Tsyni posted:

How do you explain no other mention from any other mighty people of the danger of bottoming out [???]?

I know there's at least one cautionary tale in the Old Tales of a young man who attempted to 'call upon his blood before it quickened' (see: every unauthorized magical experiment we've ever done) and caused a disaster to himself and his family. Whether that disaster was a hunger event or an accidental nuclear fusion experience is unclear...

Tax Inductions fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 18, 2014

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Wednesday posted:

I know there's at least one cautionary tale in the Old Tales of a young man who attempted to 'call his blood before it quickened' and caused a disaster to himself and his family. Whether that disaster was a hunger event or an accidental nuclear fusion experience is unclear...

Sure, but if it was an actual thing that all "blooded" people had to worry about, surely we'd have heard something from Tudiya or Aaron at some point. Or they'd have said something to Danal...like right before his manhood trial when that info could be very relevant.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
It's occurred to me, given the dispute among participants about storing Indor's meds somewhere other than in our caravan, that we haven't been asking nearly enough questions.

I'd like to ask Avram: "What guarantee do I have that my property is safe at this inn? How would you make it up to me if it's gone missing when we return from Baitel?"

Grabpot Thundergust
Jul 6, 2010

LLSix posted:

Told you it wasn't the healing stuff.

Let's Gandalf up this nonsense. Split the caravan up into 7 parts. Each will have a 7th of the pilgrims and donkeys and a Mighty Man or Jobe with them. Leave camp at staggered intervals. At best, we'll be less odd and be searched less often. Even if the fascists keep searching us at every checkpoint, we'll spend less time at the checkpoints because each group will only spend 1/7ish of the time being inspected and the rest will be traveling. Cover more ground by spending the same amount of time traveling, but with some groups time shifted (leave/set up camp earlier).

Big pile of THIS.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Tsyni posted:

Sure, but if it was an actual thing that all "blooded" people had to worry about, surely we'd have heard something from Tudiya or Aaron at some point. Or they'd have said something to Danal...like right before his manhood trial when that info could be very relevant.

I think we threw people off on how fast we started gaining our powers, but you are right that we are not normal. It seems like whatever Tudiya or other blooded people have, we tend to get significant increases: We are taller, it wasn't stated but I am inferring that our capacity if far larger, we can be more powerful, and when we are tapped out of [???] we go even more insane than others would.

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

the_steve posted:

I trust our meds to be safe. Avram wouldn't steer us wrong, because he likely knows that if he did, Puabi-chan would finally have a living subject to harvest bits from.

We were warned specifically to not trust Avram, especially when we got near Baitel.

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
Plan LLSix

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
I am telling you guys. Asherah is our dad. We are half demon. We hunger.

Even our mana ??? bar hints out our demon roots. The bar bottoms out at demon hunger, and tops off at Melachim divinity, which comes from our mother. El is filling us with his power to suppress our demon powers and make us a vessel for his will.

Also, demon roots is a metaphor for our black roots and being a vessel for El's will is selling out to the white man.

I won't tolerate these honkeys oppressing our black heritage any longer!

Demon Black power!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

DCBomB posted:

We were warned specifically to not trust Avram, especially when we got near Baitel.

I stand by my implied threat. :colbert:

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
My current favorite wild and baseless theory is that Enkidel is a not-Jewish version of Metatron, the angel that was once a man but later became the lesser Yahweh.

It would actually explain the relevance of the voice that claimed 'a storm is coming', because Metatron's human form was Noah's grandfather. (Thank El we dodged that bullet)

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tsyni posted:

Bareen may have been a dude. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Androgen_insensitivity_syndrome She could look like a chick, an infertile chick, and still have a Y chromasome.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Angela Christine posted:

Bareen may have been a dude. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Androgen_insensitivity_syndrome She could look like a chick, an infertile chick, and still have a Y chromasome.

When you're a fine, mushy paste, gender seems a whole lot less important.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Enkidelroinos. We all want an update tonight but I am dead tired, I do not think it is in the cards, sorry. I will get to questions soon.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

I am telling you guys. Asherah is our dad. We are half demon. We hunger.

Even our mana ??? bar hints out our demon roots. The bar bottoms out at demon hunger, and tops off at Melachim divinity, which comes from our mother. El is filling us with his power to suppress our demon powers and make us a vessel for his will.

Also, demon roots is a metaphor for our black roots and being a vessel for El's will is selling out to the white man.

I won't tolerate these honkeys oppressing our black heritage any longer!

Demon Black power!

Vavrek posted:

It's occurred to me, given the dispute among participants about storing Indor's meds somewhere other than in our caravan, that we haven't been asking nearly enough questions.

I'd like to ask Avram: "What guarantee do I have that my property is safe at this inn? How would you make it up to me if it's gone missing when we return from Baitel?"
Avram tells you that "The man who owns the inn is Blooded and it is just beyond the land governed by Baitel. Many men leave things banned within the city there for safekeeping and so the innkeep makes a good living from it. He styles himself king of the Inn of Framers Bend." Avram gives a small laugh at that. "The House of El are not fools, they know the man keeps banned goods there, they would rather it be left there, than smuggled in."

Tomn posted:

Ask Danal if he can sense presences or even just Mt. Har now. If he can, ask if he senses anything funny about our Balls. Ditto for Uriah and Gareb.
Danal says "I can feel the mountain, I can't believe how strong it is, I can't feel you at all, should I?" As best you know, Danal has not supernaturally sensed anything, beside Mount Har.

Uriah: "I can't feel you anymore, but the mountain burns strong."

Gareb: "Can I feel you? Barely, but only barely. The Mountain is as it is, how else would it be?"

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Diogines posted:

Uriah: "I can't feel you anymore, but the mountain burns strong."

Gareb: "Can I feel you? Barely, but only barely. The Mountain is as it is, how else would it be?"

Ok, these two can normally sense presences, then, yes? That's normal for them? So, have they also noticed Paebel and the regular, totally non-Blooded Balls having presences? Also, how does Enkidel's presence normally rate when we are all around Zepath?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

I want to ask them how strong our Presence normally is, out of curiosity. Or if it ever felt off. Perhaps we are partly the cause of these delays...

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Votecount is up:

Just reach in...

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Is it clear if anyone else feels what you have com to describe as "Presences"? Tudiya made clear that Blooded men can feel Mount Har, it is unclear if this is the same feeling. Aaron said he could sense you were Blooded. Has anyone else ever talked to you about super natural(?) senses?

Mike Gallego posted:

I want to ask them how strong our Presence normally is, out of curiosity. Or if it ever felt off. Perhaps we are partly the cause of these delays...
Danal does not seem to have any supernatural senses, beyond feeling Mount Har.
Uriah: "I know your Blooded if thats what you mean? As if seeing you was not enough, heh."
Gareb: "Less than our Mighty Men. I don't think your any weaker, I think it is the proximity to Baitel?"

Diogines fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 19, 2014

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Ask a guard: "أخي، لماذا منع عنا من أبواب السماء؟"

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

rex monday posted:

Ok, these two can normally sense presences, then, yes? That's normal for them? So, have they also noticed Paebel and the regular, totally non-Blooded Balls having presences?

Answer this one!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

Ask a guard: "أخي، لماذا منع عنا من أبواب السماء؟"
The guard answers(*):
مائة زجاجات من البيرة على الحائط، ومائة زجاجة من البيرة

(*)This was a joke.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jun 19, 2014

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

Diogines posted:

(*)This was a joke.

العنصرية ليست مزحة. :colbert:

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

لماذا لا براز؟???

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
يا إله مساعدة أنا لست جيدة مع أجهزة الكمبيوتر

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
.هذه هي أميركا، ونوع الأمريكية :colbert:

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\

JT Jag posted:

.هذه هي أميركا، ونوع الأمريكية :colbert:

去死。

問他們:你們喜不喜歡山羊?

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Diogines posted:

The guard answers(*):

All I see is "Back of the line, darky."

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
.טוב, זה לא מנומס

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Because of this thread I've been learning about ancient religions for the last two days. You made me learn, Diogenes, ugh.

Diogines posted:

The guard answers(*):

(*)This was a joke.

Haha excellent.

Mexican Deathgasm fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jun 19, 2014

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

\

JT Jag posted:

.טוב, זה לא מנומס

お許し下さい :(

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
:circlefap: Uckfay isthay oreignfay anguagelay erailday. :circlefap:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
♥♪!?

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Enkidel has begun speaking in tongues! Truly, he is filled with El!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Tomn posted:

Enkidel has begun speaking in tongues! Truly, he is filled with El!

Yes...El...:zoid: