Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
I'm getting tired of playing stalker and the landscape being completely barren of NPCs. I've played all three games vanilla and Redux mod for CoP. I remember SoC actually having a bunch of NPCs and shittons of stuff going on in the gameworld.

Recently I've played CoP Redux and some Clear Sky mods. Both of them had that same barren feeling and I hardly ever saw wild NPCs roaming about, no less two opposing collections of NPCs duking it out in a dynamic A-life manner.

I want a mod, any mod that has realistic gunplay (this comes foremost, I can't play bullshit bulletsponge human NPC mode, who never bleed) and has shitloads of all kinds of NPCs roaming about in every map possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

ThePutty posted:

I'll grab this, thanks. While I'm at it, is there a texture mod that only changes weapons and armour and is also compatible with the aforementioned mods? They're kind of the only thing that looks pretty dated in SoC, and I'm worried about injecting poo poo into ZRP that I have no idea will actually run correctly.

Textures will do absolutely no harm to ZRP. Armor textures are stored in textures/act and weapons in textures/wpn

You can generally copy any textures from any mod you choose, and any textures the game uses by default will be overridden with the new ones, and all the ones that aren't used will do nothing. I'd recommend looking at stalker.filefront.com for texture packs as they have quite a few.

e: because I love yall and I need to root my phone for the sweet succor of cyanogenmod I'll probably be spending a few hours in the seediest Internet cafe in Wales tomorrow where I'll have unfettered access to a computer of sorts and can properly update the OP with mod recommendations, a quick guide on how to mod basic stuff and a rant about how much Misery 2.1 sucks and why Trojanauch, in a Just World, shouldn't spend the rest of his days eating irradiated, rotten faeces because he'd enjoy it too much.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jun 12, 2014

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011

NeoSeeker posted:

I'm getting tired of playing stalker and the landscape being completely barren of NPCs. I've played all three games vanilla and Redux mod for CoP. I remember SoC actually having a bunch of NPCs and shittons of stuff going on in the gameworld.

Recently I've played CoP Redux and some Clear Sky mods. Both of them had that same barren feeling and I hardly ever saw wild NPCs roaming about, no less two opposing collections of NPCs duking it out in a dynamic A-life manner.

I want a mod, any mod that has realistic gunplay (this comes foremost, I can't play bullshit bulletsponge human NPC mode, who never bleed) and has shitloads of all kinds of NPCs roaming about in every map possible.

Did you try the older Faction Ward mod for CS? I think one of the goons linked a really good version of it awhile back (maybe in the old thread?)
I didn't play too much of it because I was wanting to try the story out (possibly a mistake), but it was one of the cooler mods I played. poo poo ton of gunfights with some neat a-life going on, and felt really polished. I can't stand the bullet sponge crap either, and damage seemed more on "realistic" levels.

It had a lot of action and fighting without being constant, and night time had squads out hunting mutants and whatever which became beacons of light.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
Yeah, Clear sky Faction Mod is a good one its basically you choose a faction then fight a war for control of the zone while in between you grab a couple artifacts or some loot if you can.

http://www.gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_page=1&thm_id=23060&sec_id=21

My first holy poo poo this is a weird mod was when after clearing out some bandits walking down the road of cordon a group of stalkers approach and claim that I just stole their loot. It then gave multiple options to interact and tied into the faction system, was a very cool moment if you can get over the fact that that's basically the entire game the story got completely removed.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
I did try it. Something about it turned me off to it though. Maybe it was just being buggy and I'd had enough at that point cause I already played the poo poo out of redux, disappointingly.

I'll give it another go though. Stalker never gets old, it just gets a bit worn out at times.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
Yeah, you have to really be in a mood to just fight Npcs for the whole time for faction wars to be fun. But yeah realistic gunplay and a full world are hard because enemies are given high HP to keep them from dying off before you can visit the place.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

NeoSeeker posted:

I did try it. Something about it turned me off to it though. Maybe it was just being buggy and I'd had enough at that point cause I already played the poo poo out of redux, disappointingly.

I'll give it another go though. Stalker never gets old, it just gets a bit worn out at times.

You may also want to try MSO - it's an updated version of one of the base mods of redux. It adds quite a few new NPCs to the game (Monolith squads spawn in the Jupiter plant, Stalkers show up in Pripyat, for example), and you can change the respawn rate so that new squads pop up once every 30 minutes, as well as increasing how quickly NPCs will move around the map.

As for making the gunplay more "realistic" and removing bullet sponges, have you just not played on Master?

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011
Yeah I think I remember Faction Wars being smooth, but it was a goon recommended version that wasn't available outside SA anymore. It changed poo poo up where there was some downtime to really get into the feel of the zone, like hanging with other stalkers during a storm with god knows what outside. Had some nasty packs of mutants too, but stalkers were nearby to help. Otherwise big territory fights like the Wild West.

Like I said though, I didn't play far and tried another mod for story returned combat tot 360 no scope grenade barrage all day er'ry day and I went back to SoC OGSE and CoP.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Reading that OGSE changelog, it almost makes my mod seem redundant since they've pretty much done everything I wanted to do with the mechanics and more besides. I guess the only thing my one would have going for it is a few DMX features and the new plot.

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."
What about your awesome car radios?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Those were from DMX. I did do extensive work with the keylogger addon, though. Dynamic night vision independent of suits, toggable filters on various sights etc.

I think the thing I'm most proud of is the rather extensive plot randomization coded in. I wanted every experience to be different to reflect the fact the Zone is a society and it can be unpredictable. So, for example, in one game you may never get the chance to do some diplomatic options because some characters may just take a dislike to you and be uncooperative or downright hostile. Even various paths through the Zone are dynamic, with emissions frequently making new paths through levels, closing them down or whatever. So after an emission you may find that the entrance to the bar from the garbage is completely inaccessible and you will have to take a detour through the Dark Valley or find a newly opened route.

Even fairly major plot aspects can be wildly different on a game to game basis. One element is that in addition to Dushman and his mercs in the Dead City searching for Strelok, whoever is funding it may get impatient and send another fully fledged squad working independently to them after Strelok. They may never be called on, or if they are there's no guarantee they'll be an effective insurance policy and may get eliminated entirely before you encounter them, or they may be lucky and get really good leads and be a forced to be reckoned with etc.

e: here's a few more things I made since I'm a huge nerd and wanted to give people challenges beyond fetch quests and shooting people.

There's an entire quest line, undocumented, that gives additional details about the lead up to Call of Pripyat and things surrounding that. The premise was of an advance scout scoping out details leading to Fairway and the plan of action. It involved stuff like cracking a one time pad, deciphering morse code transmissions and other cool stuff.

I did come up with an idea that would have been completely unworkable for general use but was used for a specific quest. Basically I made particle effects and scripts that would allow you to observe the faint residual heat signature of a group you had to track down through the Zone. It was based on the new night vision system and over time it would be harder, if not impossible to accurately gauge where they were operating.

I did want to do this for all Stalkers, so as they move around the levels they leave traceable trails but it was an insane amount of stuff for the game to process. Think along the lines of Misery and it's trash item system but 2x worse.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jun 15, 2014

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I just got my setup to work with nvidia surround, doing 3840x1024 and I was hoping to immerse myself with some dread, tragedy, hostile, oppressive environment and stalking.

Having been around the block a few times with a ton of mods, is Lost_alpha the best newest hippest mod in town? I remember it popping up in my facebook feed from the stalker page, but I haven't looked too much into it. Does it contain all of the zone, from SHoC/CS and CoP?

Any other noteworthy things I might want to look into, in case lost_alpha is not my thing? Not interested in misery 2.0 or lurk.

Oblivion lost, 2.2 and 2010, SGM, AMX(?), I think were all that I have played and enjoyed them all a poo poo ton.

One last question, any chance anyone knows the name of the song that is pretty upbeat and technoy that plays in the bars in CoP for SGM? Or rather anyone have a comprehensive list of music that popular mods have added to the bar's radios for SHoC/CoP?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Lost Alpha is the new hotness because it's using an updated engine to recreate the prerelease version of SoC. Haven't played it since my computer is dead but aside from Misery is the most demanding of the SoC mods for the right reasons and not because it's a horrible optimised piece of poo poo like Misery.

As for the music, I'm not sure what you mean as SGM and the like uses several new tracks but I can tell you if you give me a short sample, I guess.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Ddraig posted:

Lost Alpha is the new hotness because it's using an updated engine to recreate the prerelease version of SoC. Haven't played it since my computer is dead but aside from Misery is the most demanding of the SoC mods for the right reasons and not because it's a horrible optimised piece of poo poo like Misery.

As for the music, I'm not sure what you mean as SGM and the like uses several new tracks but I can tell you if you give me a short sample, I guess.

It has been years since I played SGM, but I loved a lotall of the added bar music. It was a shame that coming up into pripyat crashed my game 100% the time so I could never finish that mod.

So is Lost_alpha SoC then? I thought it was CoP :\

edit; oh right, LA has a standalone release now, that doesn't require stalker installed. Is that the prime choice, to play that mod? Seems like a silly question but I just installed CoP and would rather just traditionally mod it to be LA if I can, if only to save on downloading.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jun 18, 2014

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Scyron posted:

SGM music

You'll have to be more specific, IIRC each bar has its own unique playlist.

The only one I remember off of the top of my head is Ma Baker. Put yer hands in the air and gimme all yer money! *cue horrible 70s music*

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Vorenus posted:

The only one I remember off of the top of my head is Ma Baker. Put yer hands in the air and gimme all yer money! *cue horrible 70s music*

I guess would it be Yantar, the second Bar location, if I am remembering my STALKER geography at all.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Scyron posted:

It has been years since I played SGM, but I loved a lotall of the added bar music. It was a shame that coming up into pripyat crashed my game 100% the time so I could never finish that mod.

So is Lost_alpha SoC then? I thought it was CoP :\

edit; oh right, LA has a standalone release now, that doesn't require stalker installed. Is that the prime choice, to play that mod? Seems like a silly question but I just installed CoP and would rather just traditionally mod it to be LA if I can, if only to save on downloading.

It's the only choice, LA is stand-alone.

LA is ostensibly SoC the way it was supposed to be, before THQ had to step in and tell the developers to finish the game so it could be released sometime before the 22nd century. The skeleton of the game is very similar, but it restores/remakes a ton of content. Large parts of the story are entirely new (and largely bad), maps are reused or rebuilt from maps out of old builds of SoC, graphics updates and debugging tools added to the engine, etc. Think of it more like a remake of Shadow of Chernobyl rather than just a mod.

Vorenus posted:

MA BAKER, SHE TAUGHT HER FOUR SONS
MA MA MA MA

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Scyron posted:

I wouldn't pick up Lost Alpha right now. It was released early because of a leak, not because it's finished. For the past couple of weeks a major patch requiring a full restart has been looming and being delayed because the team is constantly adding more fixes and additions and won't release it until they're satisfied. It's probably best to try LA after that patch.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Force of habit I guess, but yeah lost alpha is a standalone. As for COP mods ap-pro.ru is a good resource. I'd highly recommend Sky Anomaly. It's ARS with new anomalies added that are loving amazing. It's one of those cases where someone is incredibly good at doing one thing and doing it well.

http://ap-pro.ru/forum/36-3893-1

Check out the videos. The guy pretty much made a straight up Roadside Picnic adaption.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Does anyone have the links for the S3rious fixes and mods for LA?

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Monolith. posted:

Does anyone have the links for the S3rious fixes and mods for LA?

https://mega.co.nz/#F!w5MlySqT!_u_55fpb5eDMebhjnllVoQ

LordLeckie
Nov 14, 2009

Ddraig posted:

Force of habit I guess, but yeah lost alpha is a standalone. As for COP mods ap-pro.ru is a good resource. I'd highly recommend Sky Anomaly. It's ARS with new anomalies added that are loving amazing. It's one of those cases where someone is incredibly good at doing one thing and doing it well.

http://ap-pro.ru/forum/36-3893-1

Check out the videos. The guy pretty much made a straight up Roadside Picnic adaption.

Makes me wish i could read Cyrillic because ive always wanted more fantastical anomalies with abstract properties and the like.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Thanks for the heads up, in return I present you my screenshot of CoP.

Already really digging my setup for full immersion. I just wish I could do headphones. I think I'll wait it out for Lost Alpha, and just do SGM since LA will be a standalone.

If I am not mistaken I actually should have my full save file from 2013 file for file, so I can hop right on in.

edit; going to check out sky anomaly but I can't commit to anything.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
So I've been on a bit of a STALKER (and video games in general) hiatus and recently decided to give Way to Pripyat another shot. Only problem is, the missions on the PDA are really vague about where I need to go (most don't even mention anything more specific than "I need to find X"), does anyone know where I can find some sort of mission guide to point me in the right direction? FWIW I'm still really early on in the mod, I only recently reached Yantar.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Some vids of sky anomaly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad1ixscNMuE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESgtJ1ngXfE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bmcFkB4Ic0

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

The Faction Wars mod is really great. I have yet to see a mutant or human accidentally step into an anomaly though.

That's the thing I miss the most. Maybe my experiences with Shadow of Chernobyl were incredibly lucky but there was all sorts of crazy fuckin poo poo going on EVERYWHERE. I remember loads of gun battles, mutants everywhere shredding people to bits (and dragging dead stalkers away to their dens, which I also have yet to see again), people actually falling into anomalies and dying. That magic is kind of gone. Maybe it's just the fact that I would like new mutants and for NPCs to fall victim to anomalies.

The most glorious and vivid memory I have of any stalker experience was being pinned down by a large group of bandits. Eventually I realized I should just cut my losses and run. I nearly ran straight into an anomaly but just barely jumped out before it shredded me to bits.

Guess who didn't see the anomaly coming... I have yet to see or even be capable of doing that again. In the end I always saw anomalies as a wonderful gameplay mechanic in so many different ways. They're up on my list of most underrated gameplay elements ever. If you have the guile you can lead the cadre of dickheads shooting at you into it and stand by as you watch them get sucked up into the air one by one, spinning out of control and exploding in a shower of gibs. I remember a mod that added in all the incredibly cool mutants that were cut. The mutant horse was the best. It was absolutely terrifying.

TL;DR: In clear sky or especially Call of Pripyat you can walk around like it's a sunny sunday afternoon at the park. SoC was the only one with a complete repertoire of insane, crazy poo poo constantly happening. The other games felt dead, SoC felt alive. There were at least 2-3 battles going on in the area and just looking around you could see dangers all around and I never felt safe. It's like in the two sequels you have to look for danger when in SoC it came to you, CONSTANTLY. That's what I want, For it to be so treacherous it turns the game into survival horror. Not scripted or mission based either, It was crazy just to leave a safe area due to A-life's job of kicking the poo poo out of you.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jun 19, 2014

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

NeoSeeker posted:

The Faction Wars mod is really great. I have yet to see a mutant or human accidentally step into an anomaly though.

That's the thing I miss the most. Maybe my experiences with Shadow of Chernobyl were incredibly lucky but there was all sorts of crazy fuckin poo poo going on EVERYWHERE. I remember loads of gun battles, mutants everywhere shredding people to bits (and dragging dead stalkers away to their dens, which I also have yet to see again), people actually falling into anomalies and dying. That magic is kind of gone. Maybe it's just the fact that I would like new mutants and for NPCs to fall victim to anomalies.

The most glorious and vivid memory I have of any stalker experience was being pinned down by a large group of bandits. Eventually I realized I should just cut my losses and run. I nearly ran straight into an anomaly but just barely jumped out before it shredded me to bits.

Guess who didn't see the anomaly coming... I have yet to see or even be capable of doing that again. In the end I always saw anomalies as a wonderful gameplay mechanic in so many different ways. They're up on my list of most underrated gameplay elements ever. If you have the guile you can lead the cadre of dickheads shooting at you into it and stand by as you watch them get sucked up into the air one by one, spinning out of control and exploding in a shower of gibs. I remember a mod that added in all the incredibly cool mutants that were cut. The mutant horse was the best. It was absolutely terrifying.

TL;DR: In clear sky or especially Call of Pripyat you can walk around like it's a sunny sunday afternoon at the park. SoC was the only one with a complete repertoire of insane, crazy poo poo constantly happening. The other games felt dead, SoC felt alive. There were at least 2-3 battles going on in the area and just looking around you could see dangers all around and I never felt safe. It's like in the two sequels you have to look for danger when in SoC it came to you, CONSTANTLY. That's what I want, For it to be so treacherous it turns the game into survival horror. Not scripted or mission based either, It was crazy just to leave a safe area due to A-life's job of kicking the poo poo out of you.

I'm with you, I love the crazy poo poo that goes on in SoC and really miss it whenever I play CoP.

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."
Of course, that's what the Sky Anomaly mod fixes. It's COP, but with crazy anomalies everywhere. Some visible. Some invisible.

(And if you hate the idea of being killed by random invisible anomalies, you get given the best artifact detector right from the start which allows you to see them on the little radar screen.)

I really should play more Sky Anomaly. The one thing that put me off was that there was thick fog everywhere, like Silent Hill. Is that constant throughout the entire game, or does the weather change?

LordLeckie
Nov 14, 2009

Gobblecoque posted:

I'm with you, I love the crazy poo poo that goes on in SoC and really miss it whenever I play CoP.

Yeah while i get irked about the silly borders you get there, SoCs more linear maps had some better design elements i feel contributed to these moments more just because there was more claustrophobic feel to things that forced certain movements in smaller spaces compared to CoP where you have vast open spaces for the majority of the game. I liked that feeling of freedom you go in CoP and it fit the zone well especially when giving up that freedom to go into the indoor/underground spaces but it definately made us lose out on thigs like hiding in the upper reaches of wild territory as mercs shoot at a lone bloodsucker tearing them to bits.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
Just wanted to point out that Clear Sky is currently 50% off during the Steam Summer Sale. $5 currently. Obviously wait for a daily or special (which I think will be likely one of these days) but that's a pretty good deal.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

I can't log onto steam during summer sales.

It gives me the feeling of blue balls in my wallet.

I just did... spore is still 30 dollars?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Seeing that Sky stuff makes me want to make a mod that adds lots of unique mutants, diverse species, if you will, and perhaps some characters, that only spawn in certain environments, I'd really like to give the librarian better animation and sounds, the pre burer gremlins in lost alpha are just great for "ohhhhh wtf" atmosphere, especially stumbling on one just chilling in its maison, like it aint no thang.
Also making sure none of them are just idiot bullet sponges, I'm looking forward to the L.A patches as well, plus, there is one "bad" ending of soc that involves joining the C-Consciousness, I always felt that would make a good prequel to another stalker, set 20-30 years later.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

Does the sky anomaly mod have shitloads of NPCs as well who occasionally stumble into anomalies and sometimes get torn to gibs?

I think the mod I'm looking for is Lost Alpha. The best part about stalker is the true survival horror feeling you get. The game is not survival horror in the classic sense, it's what we'd refer to as "survival creepy". In any sense it's loving awesome to explore the zone. And the zone is so vividly alive and harrowing you feel naked without a weapon. And the bigger the gun the less naked you feel as you just wander around looking for the poo poo/loot.

It would be cool as gently caress if you could mod your weapons in a more aesthetic sense. A sawn off looks way cooler covered with kill-counting tally marks all over it.

And when the hell is redux 2.0 coming out.

We seriously need a list of mods that meet purist requirements. Like realism based gunplay, a cornucopia of a variety of stalkers and mutants wandering around, a plethora of anomolies blanketing the landscape and tearing apart anyone unaware of it.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 21, 2014

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I believe in CoP anomalies don't affect Stalkers at all. Sky anomaly uses ARS as it's base, which includes random anomalies, more Stalkers and makes new scripts for anomalies so Stalkers/mutants are affected by them.

If you use the ARS translation you can actually play a sky anomaly in English.

I've been meaning to update the OP for a while but things keep coming up. Right now I'm on some pretty hardcore prescription meds so I'm slightly out of it. I'll see if i can do something Monday.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jun 21, 2014

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

So I do not have my SGM save anymore. In fact I have nothing from CoP, so I think I am going to load up my old SoC OL 2.2 + clear skies patch, or whatever that was. I know I sunk a solid 80 hours into that save game, and had something close to 200% resistances across the board due to artefact crafting.

My other option is OL 2010 with AMX weapons, I think.

edit; I just can't seemyself getting super far in SGM again only to be hit with the same bug preventing me from going to pripyat.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Scyron posted:

So I do not have my SGM save anymore. In fact I have nothing from CoP, so I think I am going to load up my old SoC OL 2.2 + clear skies patch, or whatever that was. I know I sunk a solid 80 hours into that save game, and had something close to 200% resistances across the board due to artefact crafting.

My other option is OL 2010 with AMX weapons, I think.

edit; I just can't seemyself getting super far in SGM again only to be hit with the same bug preventing me from going to pripyat.

If you have links to those mods, please share them, if you would.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Monolith. posted:

If you have links to those mods, please share them, if you would.

I can tomorrow, right now I am busy. I know though I found them all through moddb though. I am not trusting of really any other site for stalker.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

Do any mods make pripyat less of a disappointing corridor and more like a normal town?

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011
So Ddraig. Your hate for Misery makes me think that their devs brought down the forums just to silence us while the Areal kickstarter took off. Have you or any other stalker goons been following that mess in the past day? gently caress.

In the meantime, while waiting for the ogse/LA updates I tried Autumn Aurora 2. Seems really great, but I don't think anyone offers Russian courses to people from Ohio. Sadly my furthest stints into SoC was almost Pripyat on SoC Complete '09 years ago and a bit into Yantar on CoP using Swartz's original mod (pre rad fixes and I thought it was the poo poo). Clear Sky I haven't been past Cordon. So I feel I know the story over spoilers, and love this series so much, but I've always wanted to experience the whole thing for myself.

What I'm trying to say is, welcome back, Stalkers! :getin: (and also that my downtime at work has been absolute hell the last two days without being able to lurk the forum...because I'd love to post more, but they're always watching our work PC's :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antignition
Oct 13, 2010

The city looks almost bearable from up here.
I wish AA2 had given you the option to choose the preferred dialog langauge (or just kept it in english). The argument always comes back to atmosphere, which I think is kind of stupid, since the Marked One is supposed to understand what the gently caress they are saying.

On their forums at moddb (I think) they list a way to get the original english audio back. It involves deleting all the russian sound files the mod adds to your installation. Not too difficult really.