Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
A YUEL WHO LOVED TO SING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Oh if we're opening it up to XIII-2, then "Moms are tough" isn't even in the same league... :downsgun:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We're not opening XIII-2 up he just likes running that into the ground.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

A Gologle who loved to make this joke!

But yeah my point is that while 'moms are tough' is a clunky line I can at least imagine it as something a human being could actually think and feel the need to vocalize, which is more than I can say for about a dozen other lines in FF13.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

What's that line that that one rebel guy said after he shot Cid's brains out in 13? Because I remember it being really really stupid.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Terper posted:

What's that line that that one rebel guy said after he shot Cid's brains out in 13? Because I remember it being really really stupid.

"drat idealism! Ya feed it blood, and it howls for more!"

Also, his name is Rygdea, apparently.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Endorph posted:

A Gologle who loved to make this joke!

But yeah my point is that while 'moms are tough' is a clunky line I can at least imagine it as something a human being could actually think and feel the need to vocalize, which is more than I can say for about a dozen other lines in FF13.

I actually agree here, I feel like I ran into much stupider poo poo in the first couple hours I played.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Moms are tough isn't just dumb though, it's also pretty drat funny and that makes it a highlight.

e: VVV Right at the start, yeah.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jun 18, 2014

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Isn't it also a line you run into pretty early on in the game? I imagine a lot more people have seen it than stuff that comes later.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
But...but...Caius actually said that one...:(

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
When is Square-Enox going to finally wise up and make a sequel to Dirge of Cerberus?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
When they make a prequel to Final Fantasy 7 that is a sims game where you play as Aerith rigging the market so that she can rule the economy with flowers. Aerith killed the president of Shinra Follow the money

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Gologle posted:

When they make a prequel to Final Fantasy 7 that is a sims game where you play as Aerith rigging the market so that she can rule the economy with flowers. Aerith killed the president of Shinra Follow the money

You laugh but I'd play that.

Also I was disappointed that DoC didn't have sections where you control Yuffie. C'mon, Cait but not the ninja with the giant boomerang cross?

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jun 19, 2014

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Beef Waifu posted:

When is Square-Enox going to finally wise up and make a sequel to Dirge of Cerberus?

Probably when it doesn't have a Metacritic score of 57.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dross posted:

Probably when it doesn't have a Metacritic score of 57.

Pfffft, fuckin savages can't appreciate true art.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I still wonder what DoC would have been like if it had been a Parasite Eve game as originally planned.

Couldn't be worse than The Third Birthday.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It probably would've prevented Third Birthday from being made.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Beef Waifu posted:

It probably would've prevented Third Birthday from being made.

If only..

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

Beef Waifu posted:

I really liked DoC, it was so anime and angsty and just looked so good. I wouldn't mind another for psp or vita...

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dirge of Cerberus has reignited my love for lovely japanese rock music. If only Gackt wasn't such a jerk we would've gotten a conclusion to the Genesis trilogy.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Beef Waifu posted:

Dirge of Cerberus has reignited my love for lovely japanese rock music. If only Gackt wasn't such a jerk we would've gotten a conclusion to the Genesis trilogy.
Does he just not want to do it, or what? Also what does he have to do with it not being on PSN?

Edit: VVVVV I know he did tie-in music for DoC but I didn't think it was actually in the game. I could be wrong though. Not sure what the deal would be with the PSP game either.

Armor-Piercing fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jun 19, 2014

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Armor-Piercing posted:

Does he just not want to do it, or what? Also what does he have to do with it not being on PSN?

Music licencing bullshit probably.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't actually know if Gackt is the reason or not, it could be any number of things, I'm honestly just joking. I just know that due to some music licensing rights apparently Crisis Core can't be put on PSN. Just let the man's musical genius take you away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQt7tyCt8Ds

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jun 19, 2014

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I want Gackt to gently caress me in the ears

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
He does every time you listen to a song with him in it

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Being hosed in the ear is less harmful than listening to a Gackt song most likely.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://www.ffkweh.com/famitsu-devoile-le-premier-roman-inspire-de-final-fantasy-xiii-id111/

The famitsu reveal about FFXIII was a new novel.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There is no way it can match the hilarity of Tidus getting his head exploded and thus is worthless to us all.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

ImpAtom posted:

There is no way it can match the hilarity of Tidus getting his head exploded and thus is worthless to us all.

Maybe Noel's head gets exploded instead.

No wait, make it about one of Yuel's incarnations that got her head exploded.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

A Yuel that loved to explode!

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

In case anyone was wondering US sales figures...

Lightning Returns FF [PS3] 135k [360] 71k
FF10HD [PS3] 259k [Vita] ~75k
Bravely Default [3DS] ~258k

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Obviously what the public wants is more portable games, and more rereleases of old games. A bright future ahead.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Peel posted:

Obviously what the public wants is more portable games, and more rereleases of old games. A bright future ahead.

What the public wants is "something other than FFXIII universe"

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

abagofcheetos posted:

In case anyone was wondering US sales figures...

Lightning Returns FF [PS3] 135k [360] 71k
FF10HD [PS3] 259k [Vita] ~75k
Bravely Default [3DS] ~258k

This makes me really happy esp since Bravely Default was a much better FF title than most of the recently released FF titled games

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
FFD actually isn't a bad game, but it gets overlooked constantly. I mean, I can't call it a fantastic or great game, but it's decent.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Gologle posted:

FFD actually isn't a bad game, but it gets overlooked constantly. I mean, I can't call it a fantastic or great game, but it's decent.

I enjoyed and finished it but I doubt I'll replay it.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Dross posted:

What the public wants is "something other than FFXIII universe"

No, I don't think Square can take the risk with a new IP at this point. Look forward to FFXIII-4: Lightning Restaurant, their new breakout into simulation games, starring Lightning and in the FFXIII universe, somehow.

Would make more sense than the previous sequel transitions.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

Peel posted:

Sounds great to me.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Captain Mog posted:

Sounds great to me.

A portable graphic overhaul of FF7 would make me spend ALL THE MONEY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Captain Mog posted:

Sounds great to me.

Considering each console entry takes half a decade to come out, I'd be fine with this too.