Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
uh
This poll is closed.
embiid 41 32.28%
wiggins 86 67.72%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

BIZORT posted:

Or they just pick the guy they're supposed to pick and not trust a bunch of bullshit on the internet

Well obviously they should pick Embiid, but you know that if he breaks down everyone is going to pretend like it was the riskiest pick of the draft and that they saw him busting from a mile away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Inside Outside posted:

Well obviously they should pick Embiid, but you know that if he breaks down everyone is going to pretend like it was the riskiest pick of the draft and that they saw him busting from a mile away.
That's going to be doubly true if they go with Exum, though.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

gently caress. Sixers can't catch a break :( Looking forward to another decade of meiocrity.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Even if Embiid has a broken foot the Sixers should still pick him up. I don't see why they wouldn't if he drops to them.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Cleveland trying to outsmart everyone else AGAIN would make me very happy.

Until they get the #1 pick again next year.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Redgrendel2001 posted:

gently caress. Sixers can't catch a break :( Looking forward to another decade of meiocrity.

They'll probably be ok. From the latest Woj article:

quote:

Philadelphia has had discussions with teams about gathering an additional pick between its two current choices at No. 3 and No. 10.

Three top-10 picks in a deep draft wouldn't be a bad place to start a rebuild.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

morestuff posted:

In theory I'd love a Exum, Vonleh, McDermott haul. Problem is that's a lot of contracts to deal with all at one time when their rookie contracts expire.

Hinkie was pretty adamant about not getting a third 2014 first rounder, but that was before this so we'll see what happens.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
From Woj: Joel Embiid has suffered stress fracture in right foot and slated for surgery on Friday, agent Arn Tellem says. "Joel will be unable to participate in any additional workouts, and will not attend the draft in New York."

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
edit: beaten

Why would he not attend the draft unless he dropped really far?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Spacebump posted:

edit: beaten

Why would he not attend the draft unless he dropped really far?

Because he would be recovering and it probably looks bad to have to hobble up to the commissioner on crutches

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Doesn't Thaddeus Young want out? Why not trade him and the 10th pick for frontcourt help and draft Parker with the 3rd pick?

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Doesn't Thaddeus Young want out? Why not trade him and the 10th pick for frontcourt help and draft Parker with the 3rd pick?

Because Parker probably won't be there?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Noel and Embiid would make one hell of a front court.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"

kiimo posted:

Noel and Embiid would make one hell of a front court.

Would it have a leg to stand on ?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Parker is almost definitely going first or second now unless the Bucks or Cavs really fall in love with Exum. And even then it might be Wiggins who falls to three.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

morestuff posted:

Sure except what the hell do they have that would garner a top 10 pick without using the 3 or 10?

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Hand Row posted:

Sure except what the hell do they have that would garner a top 10 pick without using the 3 or 10?

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Oh god no

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
the Sixers can't give up Tony Wreckin' Ball Wroten!

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Admit that you'd love it. It's nowhere near as funny with Bosh in Wade's place.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

pylb posted:

Would it have a leg to stand on ?

Two, in total

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I wonder if the Lakers won't try to trade up?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I wonder if the Lakers won't try to trade up?

What the hell do they have to offer anyone?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kendall Marshall? I got nothin.

Sandele
Oct 28, 2007
As a Celtics fan I'm kind of hoping that Embiid turns out to be this year's Noel and drop to 6th even though he probably should go in the top 3.
Maybe we'll get to see his blank face as Marcus Smart and Julius Randle get drafted ahead of him.

But chances are that won't happen and the Celtics will probably take Aaron Gordon instead and I'll just be unhappy

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Spacebump posted:

@WojYahooNBA: As Jeff Goodman reports, Joel Embiid suffered a foot injury. Cavs want to workout Dante Exum for No. 1 spot now too

Cavs are going to be the Cavs and bust with Exum.

My mock draft is going to come true.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

MARCUS SMART HAS A PROMISE!

quote:

@Tjonessltrib
Perrin said he's talked to Smart's agent four times in hopes of bringing him in for a workout. No dice

Smart has a promise in the top 4...obviously this is Cleveland's target

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

MARCUS SMART HAS A PROMISE!

Smart has a promise in the top 4...obviously this is Cleveland's target

God loving damnit

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

kiimo posted:

Kendall Marshall? I got nothin.

They can only legally trade Kendall Marshall and Steve Nash at this point (well they could S&T some other people but there is no reason to do S&Ts anymore. And I guess Kobe could waive his no-trade).

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If he has one it's Orlando, but he might just not want to play in Utah. That's true of a lot of guys. The Lakers and Celtics picking right after them doesn't help, I think a lot of guys are trying to drop there. Exum won't work out for Utah either.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kendall Marshall on the Magic isn't entirely crazy, or am I crazy?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kiimo posted:

Kendall Marshall on the Magic isn't entirely crazy, or am I crazy?

Kendall Marshall is lovely, no one is trading anything of value for him.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Sandele posted:

As a Celtics fan I'm kind of hoping that Embiid turns out to be this year's Noel and drop to 6th even though he probably should go in the top 3.
Maybe we'll get to see his blank face as Marcus Smart and Julius Randle get drafted ahead of him.

But chances are that won't happen and the Celtics will probably take Aaron Gordon instead and I'll just be unhappy

There's about a zero percent chance Embiid falls to the Celtics, but that's not going to stop me from slowly deluding myself into thinking it will happen.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MourningView posted:

Kendall Marshall is lovely, no one is trading anything of value for him.

He has two years of experience and averaged over 8 assists this year. Maybe nobody is going to trade for him but I don't know about lovely, I thought he played surprisingly well especially late. I mean if you have 6 games where you get 15 or more assists in your second year that has to have some value right?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Yeah he put up nice assist stats playing for a coach who has always made point guards look good. He is a good passer. He's also lovely on defense and can't score at all. He could maybe be a nice backup, but he's not a good starter and no one is trading a first rounder for him in today's NBA. He was basically out of the league when the Lakers got him and he faded pretty bad down the stretch after a hot start.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jun 19, 2014

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well it was a pipe dream anyway because I want Embiid on the Lakers and I'm not even a Laker fan. The truth is the Lakers don't have poo poo, are poo poo. Just look at this link.

Kobe's contract is just unreal.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

kiimo posted:

Well it was a pipe dream anyway because I want Embiid on the Lakers and I'm not even a Laker fan. The truth is the Lakers don't have poo poo, are poo poo. Just look at this link.

Kobe's contract is just unreal.

Hey, its only 25 mil next season :shobon:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fords last mock with Wiggins at 3 and Randle at 10 was jus too good for the Sixers.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Lakers roster next season:

PG: Nash
SG: Bryant
SF: Swaggy P
PF: Hahahaha
C: Robert Sacre

Bench: Kendall Marshall

It's gonna be beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

MourningView posted:

Yeah he put up nice assist stats playing for a coach who has always made point guards look good. He is a good passer. He's also lovely on defense and can't score at all. He could maybe be a nice backup, but he's not a good starter and no one is trading a first rounder for him in today's NBA. He was basically out of the league when the Lakers got him and he faded pretty bad down the stretch after a hot start.

He did bounce back from that fade, but I also don't blame you for not following the Lakers after February.

The problem is, that while the idea of him being a backup is ideal, it's the exact opposite of the situation in which he plays well. He's only good if he starts and plays 35+ minutes. When he got asked to play behind Farmar, he completely regressed. When Farmar went down again, he started to get good again. He did play pretty well with Nash, whether or not Nash was starting, but that might be more of the fact that he didn't feel like he was competing with Nash for the job since Nash was really only testing his body to see if he could play next season when he was around.

• Locked thread