Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
RIP Power Rangers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

jivjov posted:

You can get your wrong opinions clear of my thread, bub.

But yeah, I'm not really all that optimistic for Dino Charge...the Mega/SuperMega hybrid adaptation was handled in such a slapdash and lazy manner, plus just the general childishness of recent seasons overall...I think Saban has just decided to market straight to small children and not try to do a quasi-all-ages thing like the older seasons.

Makes sense. If you aim at older kids, they might have developed taste and be able to tell that they're being talked down to or that the acting or writing is poor and stop watching, thus not buying toys and merch. Tiny babies will just watch what Mum and Dad put on for them, and most parents don't think about quality in that content, even though they should. "Of course it sucks, it's for kids!" is a notion that should be outdated but sadly is far from it.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

An alien bounty hunter? What?

Oh god, let it be Luckyuro. Let the only recurring villain be the Spy of Smiles :swoon:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
B-but guys. Judd Lynn's gonna save Power Rangers :unsmith:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

So Deathryuger is coming to gather the last stones. Pretty inventive change for neo saban.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Eleven Rangers looking for the same thirty stones :unsmigghh:

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

RBX posted:

So Deathryuger is coming to gather the last stones. Pretty inventive change for neo saban.

I actually thought it might mean they're carrying across the Basco concept since its rather likely to have been excised from Super Mega Hyper Turbo Edition DX HD Force. Though Deathryuger would be a clever idea too, since to use the costume they would undoubtedly have to create original footage and, you know, an actual plot.

Admittedly, I do have a slight concern over how exactly a single bounty hunter is supposed to command the legions of mooks and monsters a series bad guy is expected to have. Unless he's in the services of some greater evil for the inevitable Super Dino Charge?

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Astro Nut posted:

So we got some news today on Dino Charge:

http://blog.samuraicast.com/power-rangers-dino-charge-brand-poster-licensing-expo/

I'm actually mildly hopeful given they're sticking with the alien bounty hunter angle.

"dino-fueled" just basically means they run on gas, right?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Astro Nut posted:

I actually thought it might mean they're carrying across the Basco concept since its rather likely to have been excised from Super Mega Hyper Turbo Edition DX HD Force. Though Deathryuger would be a clever idea too, since to use the costume they would undoubtedly have to create original footage and, you know, an actual plot.

Admittedly, I do have a slight concern over how exactly a single bounty hunter is supposed to command the legions of mooks and monsters a series bad guy is expected to have. Unless he's in the services of some greater evil for the inevitable Super Dino Charge?

Well, there are many energems, including the one inside the Long Lost Monster Gun, which allows for its user to summon monsters by placing cards inside of it. I have a picture right here...

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Ah, the Spurned Girlfriend Morpher, I know it well :allears:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

SpazmasterX posted:

But they're clearly not gems. They're not clearly batteries either, but still? :psyduck:

Couldn't the Energems be the amber stones like the one Daigo carried? Those were important. Unless it's an all-American creation.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Couldn't the Energems be the amber stones like the one Daigo carried? Those were important. Unless it's an all-American creation.

There were thirteen of those, mind, and they weren't actively a part of the plot until like, Bragigas' revival became a thing. I mean, could be done I suppose, but it would still involve reworking of the material...

That or a horribly shortsighted Saban plan.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Just only show the gem things in unmorphed footage and have gems power the batteries. Done.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Sir Coq of Nandos posted:

Just only show the gem things in unmorphed footage and have gems power the batteries. Done.

Kind of like the Dino Gems in Dino Thunder.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Yeah. That's honestly the impression I got from the press release anyway. Just something the actors can technobabble about before suiting up and beating the poo poo out of things.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Begin drawing conclusions nnnnnnnnow.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

SpazmasterX posted:

Begin drawing conclusions nnnnnnnnow.

Evidently some bad lighting on the shot, since I don't exactly imagine they went and resprayed the pink ranger's stuff for whatever reason... but I don't recall ever seeing the toy on the right before.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pyroi posted:

Well, there are many energems, including the one inside the Long Lost Monster Gun, which allows for its user to summon monsters by placing cards inside of it. I have a picture right here...

I knew this was Decade's fault somehow!

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Astro Nut posted:

There were thirteen of those, mind, and they weren't actively a part of the plot until like, Bragigas' revival became a thing. I mean, could be done I suppose, but it would still involve reworking of the material...
How would they NOT rework the material? They only get half the episodes. Unless they are going to do Samurai again and have a Super second half of the show using later footage. Kyoryuger had too much junk going on anyway, I feel like the show's plot and themes were a mess.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Cliff Racer posted:

How would they NOT rework the material? They only get half the episodes. Unless they are going to do Samurai again and have a Super second half of the show using later footage. Kyoryuger had too much junk going on anyway, I feel like the show's plot and themes were a mess.

I suspect it'd be closer to Samurai in terms of the 'Super' split, if it happens, because it doesn't have the problem of otherwise missing out on the anniversary if they do. Otherwise, I liked the show's plot, but... I feel it got even more afflicted by the usual frontloading of material into the first half than usual for sentai. By the second half most of what's left is the Daigo Family show, and that of course had been stretched out from waaaay back when the series first began. I dunno how Gaoranger handled it, but Wild Force still had better pacing on the red centric plot elements, and a lot more punch to them being honest.

Though admittedly humanity and dinosaurs being linked by music was just weird.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Astro Nut posted:

Though admittedly humanity and dinosaurs being linked by music was just awesome.

90% sure Dino Charge cuts the music element

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Cliff Racer posted:

A season of just the six central rangers followed by a season where they work up to the full ten could work.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Astro Nut posted:

Evidently some bad lighting on the shot, since I don't exactly imagine they went and resprayed the pink ranger's stuff for whatever reason... but I don't recall ever seeing the toy on the right before.

The gaburevolver or the clearly modified zyudenchi?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Seems like batteries go on top instead of inside which is dumb as gently caress. But it could be a shop just to show what the battery looks like.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

RBX posted:

Seems like batteries go on top instead of inside which is dumb as gently caress. But it could be a shop just to show what the battery looks like.

It's just blown up. The Gaburevolver looks the same minus missing paint apps and annoying orange caps. Who knows, maybe they won't actually change the scale of the toy in localization?

Edit: Oh yeah and they took out the trigger guard for some reason. :shrug:

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

SpazmasterX posted:

The gaburevolver or the clearly modified zyudenchi?

Ah, wait, sorry. The dark gap between the two was a bit hard to spot - made it look like they were actually plugged together, rather than the battery hovering slightly above the edge of the gun.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

SpazmasterX posted:

It's just blown up. The Gaburevolver looks the same minus missing paint apps and annoying orange caps. Who knows, maybe they won't actually change the scale of the toy in localization?

Edit: Oh yeah and they took out the trigger guard for some reason. :shrug:

They took it out on the US version of the Gokai Gun too. I'd love to know what the reasoning for that is.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

OZC posted:

They took it out on the US version of the Gokai Gun too. I'd love to know what the reasoning for that is.

Fat Anerican fingers.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

makes it look less like a real firearm, maybe?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sir Coq of Nandos posted:

Fat Anerican fingers.

Fingers, toes, tongues, etc. could get stuck

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Xelkelvos posted:

Fingers, toes, tongues, etc. could get stuck

American Children: Ruining Toys For Over 20 years.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SpazmasterX posted:

American Children: Ruining Toys For Over 20 years.

I'm sure the same thing happens to Japanese children too. The difference is that their parents just take their kid to the hospital and then leave it at that as opposed to American ones suing the company to pay for the bills, any future complications due to the "injuries" and any additional compensation due to "emotional trauma" while calling it completely unsafe.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I'm surprised they didn't just use the Morphin Brace from Go-Busters. That would have satisfied Bandai America's terror of giving western children implements of violence as transformation devices, plus their desire to filter UV rays from children's eyes.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I'm surprised they didn't just use the Morphin Brace from Go-Busters. That would have satisfied Bandai America's terror of giving western children implements of violence as transformation devices, plus their desire to filter UV rays from children's eyes.

I wonder if they'll actually use the guns to transform. After all they changed the Jungle Fury morpher to sunglasses because the knuckle brace was considered too violent.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Maybe they'll use these energem things.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

JT Smiley posted:

I wonder if they'll actually use the guns to transform. After all they changed the Jungle Fury morpher to sunglasses because the knuckle brace was considered too violent.
Wait really? I thought it was because those things were terrible toys. They kept the Rhino morpher, and that was a drat blade.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Wait really? I thought it was because those things were terrible toys. They kept the Rhino morpher, and that was a drat blade.

No, they actually still sold those.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Ken actually used a pair of Knuckle Braces to transform as well. The SaiBlade was just his personal weapon. The only Gekiranger with a unique morpher was Gou, with his GongChanger or whatever it was called.

I never watched Jungle Fury, so I don't know if they randomly decided the killy-fist-thing was a changer or not.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Ken actually used a pair of Knuckle Braces to transform as well. The SaiBlade was just his personal weapon. The only Gekiranger with a unique morpher was Gou, with his GongChanger or whatever it was called.

I never watched Jungle Fury, so I don't know if they randomly decided the killy-fist-thing was a changer or not.

No Ken used the the Saiblade to morph. The knuckle braces were used basically as hammerspace to store all there suits and weapons.

http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Strongest_Henshin_Hand-Blade_SaiBlade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M098i8xEyJg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

That's hosed up. They made a whole episode around him refusing to transform anymore, to explain why he wasn't wearing the knuckle changers :psyduck: