Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

Zojirushi NS-LAC05 Micom Rice Cooker

I'm going to cook so much sushi rice. So much.

I've had my lower budget version Zojirushi for about 6-7 years now and it works as well as it did when it was brand new, out of the box. Have fun!

Keeping with the food theme, I signed up for a CSA. It has the added benefit of having my gym as a pick-up location so I can't really make excuses to miss a workout.

Fingers crossed for receiving foods I don't hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

CaseFace McGee posted:

Cut it with ginger ale. Gives it some fizz and softens the bite, without hiding the delicious taste.

This, but with something strong like Vernor's or ginger beer (I've also had success with the Blue Sky brand ginger ale.) Really good for sipping on a warm summer night.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Tulip Candy posted:

Keeping with the food theme, I signed up for a CSA. It has the added benefit of having my gym as a pick-up location so I can't really make excuses to miss a workout.

Fingers crossed for receiving foods I don't hate.

Tell us if doubling down on health guilt works out.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

UFC 14

Great looking game but I'm surprised at how limited the player creation tool is. None of the preset faces look like me, Gustafsson (on right) is much closer but there's no option like him. Why are us aryan motherfuckers always getting the short end of the stick

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Just put in a pre order for Sniper Elite 3. After reward certs and gift cards it came out to 17$, so not too shabby.

Feel a little odd that the 2 games I have for my ps4 are basically nazi killing sims though.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

overdesigned posted:

Sorry about the late reply. Mine cost about $3500 USD in total, back in 2010. Custom wavefront PRK, not LASIK (the US military won't accept LASIK for aviators, as a rule).

Numbing drops go in, they put on the aforementioned suction-cup-cornea-isolator, then chemical drops to soften the eye's epithelial layer over the cornea, and then they basically dremel-tool off the softened layer entirely, exposing the cornea. Laser locks on, zaps your cornea (smells interesting!), and then a contact lens "bandage" is applied. Repeat for eye #2. The actual surgical procedure is painless.

Downside of PRK compared to LASIK is a 5-week heal time (my healing was only painful/uncomfortable for about the first 48 hours), upside is generally better night vision and fewer incidents of (already rare) post-surgical complications.

As far as buying things, I'm hemorrhaging money in the Steam Summer Sale!

The three days after the procedure suck though, my eyeballs burned the entire time and I barley slept. Along with having permanent light sensitivity. I also took a finger in the eye three weeks in and it destroyed my outer layer while training and it diminished my vision from 15/20 to 35/20 along with hurting like a mother fucker and being stuck in DC traffic for three hours while going to Bethesda after Quantico said they couldn't do anything (after four hours there). So that might be a bit of bitterness...

But for purchases, I got me an xbox one with forza 5 for my birthday, along with Titanfall. And bought her some toys from lelo that she has been asking about for a thank you gift.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Sunblood posted:

Magnetic car mount. gently caress having to get a new mount with every new phone I buy. With this you just put a little steel disc inside your phone case and *BAM* it sticks to the mount. Super strong hold, too.

Cable clips for cable management around my car, desk, and nightstand. Great for holding a phone charger, but the Apple Lightning connectors are small enough to slip right out, so I had to bundle a rubber band around the end of one.

A Dremel with various heads. Ironically I bought this to drill out a cable hole in my old phone mount so it would fit my new phone, but in the same purchase I bought the new phone mount. So now I don't need it immediately, but I know I will in the future.

You know Lego men work awesome as cable holders too right? Really want a Dremel though, been eyeing those off for 15 years but never had enough disposable cash / reason to buy one.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

Aargh posted:

You know Lego men work awesome as cable holders too right? Really want a Dremel though, been eyeing those off for 15 years but never had enough disposable cash / reason to buy one.

I found Dremel kits are on Sale on Amazon once in a while.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Having fond memories of these as a kid, I bought a pack of 40 for my son (yea right totally me) to play with

Mondo Bloxx 40 Pack Brick Block Set (12x6x3)

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

dreesemonkey posted:

Having fond memories of these as a kid, I bought a pack of 40 for my son (yea right totally me) to play with

Mondo Bloxx 40 Pack Brick Block Set (12x6x3)

Few things in life are more fun than a flying karate kick through a wall of those things.

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009
Me :): Am I too old for a beanbag chair?
My Fiancee :j:: I think it would be a good investment.
Me :swoon:

Microsuede Sumo Sultan in chocolate

Edit: Added link

Marathanes has a new favorite as of 18:19 on Jun 20, 2014

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I got me some new poster prints!

Because the Space Shuttle is awesome:

Because I live in NC and my gf is from Maine:

All from here: http://www.draplin.com/merch/

Ouhei has a new favorite as of 20:38 on Jun 20, 2014

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

leidend posted:

UFC 14

Great looking game but I'm surprised at how limited the player creation tool is. None of the preset faces look like me, Gustafsson (on right) is much closer but there's no option like him. Why are us aryan motherfuckers always getting the short end of the stick

Use Gameface, and make a fighter that looks EXACTLY like you. It's gotten way better over the years, and when I uploaded mine, it was pretty uncanny.

http://www.easports.com/login?redirectUrl=%2Fgameface%2Fcreator

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

4 x 265/35/18s :mrgw::mrgw::mrgw::mrgw:

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Hummingbirds posted:

Had a bunch of Birchbox points:

Caldrea perfume (I love this brand, all their poo poo smells so simple and pleasant). My favorite scent of theirs is the aloe water apricot but I already have a lotion in that scent.

These look awesome! I was going to say that I wish they had a sample pack so I could try out all three, but apparently the rollerballs are on sale right now, so I might just take the plunge on the coconut/fig one, that sounds really nice for summer!

I bought the OST for the original Battlestar Galactica movie last night, because I found the novelization of it a couple of years ago at a thrift store, and I thought it would be funny to have the matching set.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Ouhei posted:

I got me some new poster prints!

Because the Space Shuttle is awesome:

Because I live in NC and my gf is from Maine:

These are neat. Where'd you get them?

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Bape Culture posted:

4 x 265/35/18s :mrgw::mrgw::mrgw::mrgw:

are those the michelin pilot pros? both of my friends that have m3s have those tires and think they are the best ever. i just have goodyear eagle f1s because i have a plain jane e46

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

tomstuart posted:

are those the michelin pilot pros? both of my friends that have m3s have those tires and think they are the best ever. i just have goodyear eagle f1s because i have a plain jane e46

Nope, I wanted Khumo V70As or R888s but got talking to a mate with a 36M today who's been running Federal RSRs and loving em. Found a set for literally half the price of the aforementioned tyres so thought gently caress it I'll give em a go. And being even cheaper than Conti M3s I can't see me being disappointed in grip levels.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

MA-Horus posted:

These are neat. Where'd you get them?

Forgot to link that: http://www.draplin.com/merch/

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bape Culture posted:

Nope, I wanted Khumo V70As or R888s but got talking to a mate with a 36M today who's been running Federal RSRs and loving em. Found a set for literally half the price of the aforementioned tyres so thought gently caress it I'll give em a go. And being even cheaper than Conti M3s I can't see me being disappointed in grip levels.

'sup new tire buddy!

4x 195/50/R15 (not my photo)
:getin:

Now I can't slide in the dry at reasonable speeds like I could on PO's ancient, rock-hard Bridgestones :(

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Got this in the mail today:

It's mini-marathon time!

The Black Scorpion
Outlaw (of Gor)
The Projected Man
It Lives By Night

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

leidend posted:

UFC 14

I'm not sure if it's DLC or unlock-able or something but you can play as Bruce Motherfucking Lee in this game. I just saw it in my new Entertainment Weekly. So that's pretty awesome about this game.

Vrikkian
Apr 26, 2010

I think I'm having a stroke...
I like the UFC games, but honestly I've had Fight Night Champion for about forever and it's still a fantastic playing AND LOOKING game.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

These look awesome! I was going to say that I wish they had a sample pack so I could try out all three, but apparently the rollerballs are on sale right now, so I might just take the plunge on the coconut/fig one, that sounds really nice for summer!

The coconut fig leaf is really nice. I got a sampler of all three last year in a Birchbox and when I bought the rollerball I couldn't remember if I liked that or the tea olive lime better; turns out it was the coconut one. The one I did buy is still good though.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Vrikkian posted:

I like the UFC games, but honestly I've had Fight Night Champion for about forever and it's still a fantastic playing AND LOOKING game.

UFC on PS4 looks so much better than anything on last gen though. Blows it out of the water.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Finally replacing the rust bucket.

loving thing is huge, and i keep reaching down to shift

a sexual elk has a new favorite as of 14:18 on Jun 21, 2014

axia
Nov 15, 2005

The future is now.
After debating what bike to buy for months and months, my wife made up my mind for me and surprised me with this bad boy:

Trek Remedy 9

I never want to be off of it!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Random Google search for the name of a $7000 instrument lead me to these, which were way more reasonable: http://www.frettedfiddle.com

Thirty bucks for a set of two, one normal looking, one flat black for my electric. Might get me to play the drat things a but more.

E: oh god they make them for the cello i was not meant to know this

mystes
May 31, 2006

Dewgy posted:

Random Google search for the name of a $7000 instrument lead me to these, which were way more reasonable: http://www.frettedfiddle.com

Thirty bucks for a set of two, one normal looking, one flat black for my electric. Might get me to play the drat things a but more.

E: oh god they make them for the cello i was not meant to know this
"As seen on YouTube"

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

axia posted:

After debating what bike to buy for months and months, my wife made up my mind for me and surprised me with this bad boy:

Trek Remedy 9

I never want to be off of it!

This is great. You are great. Your wife is great. Please introduce your wife to mine so I can get a surprise bike also.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

mystes posted:

"As seen on YouTube"

Yeah but the only videos I saw make them look pretty decent, and a D'addario video of their own version of the same product made it really obvious that they buy them all from this guy anyway. It's $30 to get me to pick up my violins again for a bit, seems worth it to me. :v:

smilingokami
Nov 4, 2009
Picked up

for 39.99 regular 79.99 when I visited my local Best Buy kinda wished I ordered the PC version, but whatever, steam sale is on and the cable works for both versions.

Also got a cheap guitar,

Also from Best Buy. I think it's a crappy guitar but 149.99 with bag and cheap amp, meh, my wife won't let me get something's better till I prove I'm not going to quit. Had enough best buy points to get both for practically free.

Meanwhile, my fingers tips on my left hand are now numb, man learning muscle memory is hard.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Good luck with that piece of poo poo dude

smilingokami
Nov 4, 2009

muike posted:

Good luck with that piece of poo poo dude

Got any recommendations that are fairly low cost like sub 200-300? I'm not under some delusion that this thing is better thank cigar box guitar or anything, it pops and crackles all over the place, but I got it "free". I don't know anything about guitars.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
At that price range, basically anything from an actual guitar store but mostly Squiers and set-neck Epiphones

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Mister Kingdom posted:

Got this in the mail today:

It's mini-marathon time!

The Black Scorpion
Outlaw (of Gor)
The Projected Man
It Lives By Night

Is that X-rated MST3K? :psyduck:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Gorilla Salad posted:

Is that X-rated MST3K? :psyduck:

Ha, just volume 30. Or all Vin Diesel movies.

There's now only 46 experiments left to put on DVD.

Mister Kingdom has a new favorite as of 19:11 on Jun 21, 2014

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Decided to buy my "I'm-an-rear end in a top hat-weekend-car."

'87 5.0 LX. I've always wanted one.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

smilingokami posted:

Got any recommendations that are fairly low cost like sub 200-300? I'm not under some delusion that this thing is better thank cigar box guitar or anything, it pops and crackles all over the place, but I got it "free". I don't know anything about guitars.

Can't go wrong with something from Rondo. Or rather you can but they're cheap and they have a good return policy. Never had to do anything with mine other than replace strings, though new pickups wouldn't hurt you down the line on some of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

My wife is at the store buying food and booze. Gonna game all day! :woop: