Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
uh
This poll is closed.
embiid 41 32.28%
wiggins 86 67.72%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

WhyteRyce posted:

@Probballdraft
Hearing the Cavs and Jazz have discussed a swap of picks. Jazz would move up to take Parker and Cavs would likely get Favors and 5.

Well that is...why would Utah do that?!

Nooooooo.

They would do it because they love Parker and he'd be the rare potential star who might stay in Utah but gently caress, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

Anthony Bennett is fat, he can definitely play PF

Anthony Bennett and Jabari Parker are going to be the best teammates. They'll bond at the drive-thru and have a running tally on three-point attempts like Gimli and Legolas only it'll be more like Gimli and Gimli.

mynameisjohn posted:

I wouldn't draft Embiid in the Top-10 still. Recovering from Sports injuries fucks up the other systems in your body too, from either over or under use. I have no doubt that he'll be working as hard as possible to recover, but for someone as raw as him I could see it taking a year and a half or so just for him to get back to the level he is now.

You're making a huge gamble on him being an immediate difference maker when he finally plays if you take him.

He isn't raw.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

kiimo posted:

He isn't raw.
He most certainly is. He was improving game to game last season before his injury and his number 1 projection was largely based on his growth. The most insane part of his success was that it looked like was adding new wrinkles on the fly. he has a great natural feel for the game on offense and is extremely fluid, but he still fouls a ton on defense and has a lot to learn. 1-2 years of stunted development harms his chances of success in the league

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

kiimo posted:

Anthony Bennett and Jabari Parker are going to be the best teammates. They'll bond at the drive-thru and have a running tally on three-point attempts like Gimli and Legolas only it'll be more like Gimli and Gimli.

He isn't raw.

Dude has been playing ball for a grand total of 4 years.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If I were CLE I'd trade down to 3 or 4 and take Exum to march up with Kyrie if they don't want to risk Embiid. Or just take Exum at 1.1.

Exum Irving backcourt seems pretty good.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I mean his skillset isn't raw. He's actually really skilled. When you say raw it brings to mind guys who don't really know what they're doing, especially posting up.

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag

euphronius posted:

If I were CLE I'd trade down to 3 or 4 and take Exum to march up with Kyrie if they don't want to risk Embiid. Or just take Exum at 1.1.

Exum Irving backcourt seems pretty good.

Does anyone know if Exum can play defense? He's a huge unknown to me but if he's not a good defender you can't have both these guys starting for you no matter how good he is offensively; you just can't hide 2 guards defensively against NBA teams.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

gingerberger posted:

Does anyone know if Exum can play defense? He's a huge unknown to me but if he's not a good defender you can't have both these guys starting for you no matter how good he is offensively; you just can't hide 2 guards defensively against NBA teams.

ESPN posted:

Exum had the biggest summer of any player on the Big Board. He was awesome in the FIBA U-19 championships this summer, averaging 18 PPG and nearly 4.0 APG. A 33-point game against Spain in the quarterfinals and a 28-point game in the bronze-medal game versus Lithuania were highlights. He seems to have the perfect blend of size, athleticism and skill to play either the point or the 2. Add in his rangy defense, and he's a true two-way player. He graduates from high school in December and, technically, if he wanted to he could join an NCAA team for the second half of the season. However, he may not have to. He impressed scouts enough this summer that he seems like a lock to be a top-5 pick if he declares for the draft. He's also a dark horse for the No. 1 pick.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Sixers public hardon for wiggins could be a total smokescreen for their Exum lust. They probably know more about than any other franchise.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Dude has been playing ball for a grand total of 4 years.

Four years ago, Exum was in elementary school. Embiid is no more raw than most guys his age.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Embiid doesn't seem too torn up about it, at least.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

morestuff posted:

He's clearly about to be, though :downsrim:

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Hah yeah especially after he loses a few million dollars worth of contract due to falling draft position

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

morestuff posted:

he looks like that one guy from snl

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Jota posted:

he looks like that one guy from snl

Jay Pharoah doing that cackling thing he does.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

EvanTH posted:

Hah yeah especially after he loses a few million dollars worth of contract due to falling draft position

That's not the joke I was going for but I suppose it is also true.

some old hussy
Dec 6, 2005

What are you waiting for? You're faster than this. Don't think you are, know you are. Come on. Stop trying to hit me and hit me.

EvanTH posted:

He knows he'll make it up when LA gives him a max deal in a few years after he falls to Orlando on draft night.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Exum has the POTENTIAL to be great on defense, there were a few vids on him where people have pointed out he literally doesn't try going through screens and gets caught in no mans land sometimes.

Also as a Magic fan I am so tired of Laker jokes we only lost one center to LA we traded Dwight there he wanted to go to the Nets :colbert::smith:

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Is Jeff Goodman as big of a tool as I think he is?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

commy gun posted:

Kentucky fans despise him. Viscerally. Kansas fans aren't as vile in their hatred but it's close.

edit:

quote:

This is not a joke (well, I guess it is). On his latest ESPN insider article he lists the following as the coaches NBA personnel
feel are best preparing their players for next level:

1. Donovan

2. Howland

3. Beilein

4. Izzo

5. Hoiberg

6. Coach K

7. Bill Self

8. Buzz Williams

9. Pitino

10. Calipari

11. Miller

12. Bennett

kiimo fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jun 20, 2014

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

IcePhoenix posted:

That's not the joke I was going for but I suppose it is also true.

hah look man surgeons are trained professionals and they definitely don't play around inside your guts like children splashing in a wading pool after you're lights-out they absolutely do but there's no way you can prove it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

EvanTH posted:

hah look man surgeons are trained professionals and they definitely don't play around inside your guts like children splashing in a wading pool after you're lights-out they absolutely do but there's no way you can prove it

A cut is still a tear, technically. I think. I may need swickles to confirm this.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

haha what

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag
Does anyone actually think Bill Self is good at developing NBA talent? With all the All-Americans he's had in the last decade, who has had the most NBA impact? Mario Chalmers?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Tom Izzo #4, who's produced like 4 decent NBA players in the 20 years he's been at Michigan State haha

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

gingerberger posted:

Does anyone actually think Bill Self is good at developing NBA talent? With all the All-Americans he's had in the last decade, who has had the most NBA impact? Mario Chalmers?

Ugh this conversation is as played out as it gets. I think the bigger question is how Hoiberg is number 5 with a whopping zero NBA players and Cal is 10 with like a bazillion.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Keith Dambrot should be #1

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Woj says Embiid could be out 4-6 months

quote:

Philadelphia has been intrigued with the possibility of drafting a point guard with one of its picks in the draft, closely studying Dante Exum and Marcus Smart, sources said. Smart wouldn't be selected with Philly's third overall pick, sources said, but Exum does become a candidate for the Sixers at No. 3.

SMOKESCREENS

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

commy gun posted:

His gimmick was "guy who shits on Andrew Wiggins a lot"

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

@ryenarussillo
More Embiid fallout. Lakers could move Nash and #7 to Philly for MCW and T Young. 76ers would take Exum at #3.

Embiid fallout is the best fallout

birds
Jun 28, 2008

i hate this draft

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Maybe the Sixers are trying to set a record for most consecutive Rookie of the Year awards. Every year just draft a new dude, give him 40 minutes and the ball.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Philly is going to own half of the draft board before next Thursday. And I like the idea of the Lakers taking the best parts of that that Philly starting line-up to help them turn things around.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Embiid/Vucevic would be sort of awesome if Embiid doesn't turn into bubble boy

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

WhyteRyce posted:

@ryenarussillo
More Embiid fallout. Lakers could move Nash and #7 to Philly for MCW and T Young. 76ers would take Exum at #3.

If that happens, Nash retires. He already said he would do so if he is traded.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Spacebump posted:

If that happens, Nash retires. He already said he would do so if he is traded.

I dont think the 76ers would mind.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So 3, 7, 10.

Wiggins, maybe Embiid, and who else?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

WhyteRyce posted:

@ryenarussillo

I can't say I'm super thrilled about this plan

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I love the fact that Philly is goading Cleveland into taking Exum and trying to grab 3 picks in the top 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I like the Lakers trying to become Sixers West. Taking Jodie Meeks and Nick Young, now they want Thad and MCW. I'm sure it will work well for them.

• Locked thread