Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

zoux posted:

Wait, what's he busy with?

Come on man, that news was posted like 20 whole minutes ago. Get with the program!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
poo poo. Now I wish he were directing Episode 7 too.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

GreenNight posted:

Come on man, that news was posted like 20 whole minutes ago. Get with the program!

Sorry I was reading about how every OitNB actor has also appeared on Law and Order.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rian Johnson directed Fly. There is no way Star Wars 8 and 9 can fail.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Every actor ever has appeared on Law and Order. loving Philip Seymour Hoffman appeared on Law and Order.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Rosario Dawson has been cast in the Netflix Daredevil series.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

xeria posted:

I saw that earlier and I was like, hmmm isn't she like really old and then I looked it up and we're the same age :negative:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

xeria posted:

This can't possibly be as bad as the movie, right?

...right? :negative:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Rian Johnson directed Fly. There is no way Star Wars 8 and 9 can fail.

Episode 9 will be a bottle episode.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Erm no I think it's gonna be Real Good.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

zoux posted:

Erm no I think it's gonna be Real Good.

Not for Rosario's character though. As a female lead in a Daredevil story, she's destined to end up dead or institutionalized.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

As a female lead in a Steven S. DeKnight show she'll probably be naked a lot.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

hcreight posted:

Not for Rosario's character though. As a female lead in a Daredevil story, she's destined to end up dead or institutionalized.

Look that's only happened like five or six times before ok.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Judging by the head writer and the cast that's been announced it's gonna be awesome.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Basically I am so hype for the Marvel Netflix shows.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I keep seeing the Legend of Korra thread bumping up to the top. What do people talk about in there? I don't want to check. I think anime discussion should go to that tentacle rape forum.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Decius posted:

The question is how long it still will feature excellent web journalism. Polygon, belonging to Vox, just let go three people, who were specifically tasked with writing long and deep pieces with the stated goal that it will feature less of this stuff.

Polygon BROUGHT TO YOU BY MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER (TM) is all about hard hitting games journalism, such as getting tattooed in a darkened office building, not long, deep pieces.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

I keep seeing the Legend of Korra thread bumping up to the top. What do people talk about in there? I don't want to check. I think anime discussion should go to that tentacle rape forum.

Recently there was a trailer posted for the new season so they're probably all complaining about that.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

The whole thread is just spoiler tags because episodes from the middle of the next season leaked.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Oh so the Korra thread has gone from unreadable to thoroughly noxious? Thanks for the heads up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

The whole thread is just spoiler tags because episodes from the middle of the next season leaked.

Why would anyone watch out of context episodes? Especially a show like Korra which is heavily serialized.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

Why would anyone watch out of context episodes? Especially a show like Korra which is heavily serialized.

I couldn't tell you. I should probably just mark the thread unread so I stop clicking on it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mu Zeta posted:

Should move that and the Toonami/Adult Swim thread there, so we can have a thread for the non garbage stuff they air without wading through thousands of those posts.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

muscles like this? posted:

Out of context episodes.. in Spanish.

I mean I can understand people getting antsy because there still isn't a premier date for season 3, but come the gently caress on. Its just Korra.

BTW, speaking of cartoons people care way too much about, the last episode of Adventure Time (Food Chain) was really good. Its worth checking out even if you're not a fan of AT.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Korra Book 3 is going to premiere in a week (obviously as a result of the leaks, but Nick will NEVER admit that), so congrats to Deadpool on a perfectly timed exit.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

EL BROMANCE posted:

Should move that and the Toonami/Adult Swim thread there, so we can have a thread for the non garbage stuff they air without wading through thousands of those posts.

Korra isn't anime.

It is bad and for jerks though.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Mu Zeta posted:

He's directing the Episodes 8 and 9 of Star Wars.

Also I didn't know there were going to be spin off movies. They already announced like two additional Star Wars on top of that.

The EU's got nothing on Disney's penchant for franchising and DTVs.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Korra Book 3 is going to premiere in a week (obviously as a result of the leaks, but Nick will NEVER admit that), so congrats to Deadpool on a perfectly timed exit.

My last act as mod will be the permanent ousting of the Korra thread to the anime forum so it may not be a burden upon my fellow mods.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006
I'm a big Avatar: The Last Airbender fan but they just let Korra get so drat bad. The only thing the creators are good at now is making a season that seems like it will be great until you start watching it. And this time they haven't even done that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Metropolis posted:

I'm a big Avatar: The Last Airbender fan but they just let Korra get so drat bad. The only thing the creators are good at now is making a season that seems like it will be great until you start watching it. And this time they haven't even done that.

No, no Korra discussion!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Deadpool posted:

My last act as mod will be the permanent ousting of the Korra thread to the anime forum so it may not be a burden upon my fellow mods.

If this is a joke I'll never forgive you, Deadpool.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

precision posted:

Rectify is a really good show you guys.

Last night's season 2 premiere made me think very good things are coming and season 1 wasn't just a fluke. Ray McKinnon is a hell of a writer.

I just watched the pilot and I have to keep myself from shotgunning the first season. Gonna intersperse episodes of Enlightened which has been on my queue for a while now.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
Good news everyone.

Season 2 of Nathan For You is officially finished.

:nws:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=333689560111648&set=a.333689923444945.1073741825.148554508625155&type=1

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Holy crap, I'm making my way through Farscape and season 3 keeps getting better. I'm like 6 episodes into this season but holy gently caress I remember some of it when I caught it on TV but first of all the loving 2-parter where Zahn sacrifices herself, followed by the episode where they go back in time and can only unfuck their mistake long enough to not have a total shitshow (but it still ends on a super loving downer) and then John gets cloned and both clones survive while everyone else is having doubts about not being sure if they are the clone or the original.

It only gets better from here doesn't it? I remember bits and pieces but not sure on the timeline but eventually one of the Crichtons dies from radiation poisoning or something?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Sober posted:

Holy crap, I'm making my way through Farscape and season 3 keeps getting better. I'm like 6 episodes into this season but holy gently caress I remember some of it when I caught it on TV but first of all the loving 2-parter where Zahn sacrifices herself, followed by the episode where they go back in time and can only unfuck their mistake long enough to not have a total shitshow (but it still ends on a super loving downer) and then John gets cloned and both clones survive while everyone else is having doubts about not being sure if they are the clone or the original.

It only gets better from here doesn't it? I remember bits and pieces but not sure on the timeline but eventually one of the Crichtons dies from radiation poisoning or something?

You got it! Daedalus Demands and Icarus Abides are loving brilliant episodes.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

xeria posted:

I guess I'm going to discover if my love of Rosario Dawson can overcome my disdain for Daredevil.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."

Deadpool posted:

In that case, get out. Now.

(Please don't go yet.)

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
Should I finish Season 2 of Korra? I watched up through the origin of the avatar special which was pretty good but stopped there.

Your Youtube of the day is TOM CLANCY'S NETFORCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub22k36YwLA

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Cardboard Box A posted:

Should I finish Season 2 of Korra? I watched up through the origin of the avatar special which was pretty good but stopped there.

Only if you have a strong tolerance for anime and anime-esque bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Hey guys, Wilfred season 3 just got added to Netflix. If you haven't watched the show, what's wrong with you? It's Elijah Wood getting stoned with an Australian man in a dog suit and a David Lynch level exploration of philosophy at the same time. Get on it, jerks.

• Locked thread