Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:
Just wanted to show off my new iracing B class ride:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
^ owns

FuzzySkinner posted:

Ribbs was very critical of NASCAR because they kind of treated him like trash.

(The story goes he wasn't given a ride at the 600 in 1978 because of a "traffic ticket", the ride was then given to a young Dale Earnhardt. Also apparently he was treated like poo poo in the truck series)

Moody responded by calling him a "Nobody", which is incredibly thick headed when you consider his success in Trans Am.

I do really think guys like Moody are a part of the problem with NASCAR.

The traffic ticket was for going the wrong way down a one way street. The arrest that led to him missing the 600 was because he ran from the cops that attempted to give him that traffic ticket.

Also, yes, sprint car racing is huge in Australia, the WoO traveled (still does?) there every year, and Madsen is the son of their Steve Kinser. They also race big block mods there, and Peter Britten made the jump from Australia to the States to run mods here.

Here's Britten putting on a show at the 2012 World Finals

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

Kerry Madsen is the Will Power of WOO.

Follow up, I had no idea Australia had WOO. Badass. I seem to recall the aforementioned power posting something about his dad running dirt tracks, but I didn't take it very seriously.

I learned this when I went to the WoO race at Lebanon Valley last summer. There was even an Australian guy there wearing a V8 Supercars t-shirt who was waving an Australian flag for Madsen. Not what I expected at a little dirt track in bumblefuck NY.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

gret posted:

Anyone else here going to Elko to watch some ARCA short track mayhem this Saturday?

e: hey SRA are you racing at Elko? Don't see you on the entry list.

I'm the worst. The speedway may be flooded by the time Saturday rolls around, though.

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Every kiss begins with Kahne
Jayski is saying Edwards to Gibbs with M&M's as sponsor is a done deal. Monster would step up to become Kyle's primary sponsor.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Heard the same on Sirius today. Monster cars always look stunning, so I approve.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

That's actually a pretty good deal for everyone involved, except for Jack Roush, which is what I like most about it.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

elmono311 posted:

Jayski is saying Edwards to Gibbs with M&M's as sponsor is a done deal. Monster would step up to become Kyle's primary sponsor.

We should start taking bets on how long until Roush Racing folds

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

:siren: I have new NASCAR video for Sonoma Week - NASCAR Sonoma Style! :siren:

One of the all-time best schemes, and it came together quite by accident. Davey didn't even have a sponsor when he qualified outside-pole at Daytona in 1987, so the car looked just like this without the Havoline graphics. But once they added those logos, it went together perfectly.

elmono311 posted:

Well, I guess that means Subway's out as Edwards' sponsor.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

They'll just unveil a new sub with M&Ms in it like they did with Fritos.

AirborneSpore
Mar 2, 2014

That one bounced.

OnlyJuanMon posted:

All I can picture when I read something about Davey Allison is the "blow over" at Pocono. I miss watching him race. He took over the ride when Yarborough left to form his own team.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Kidc posted wondering what the 4th JGR car number would be a while back. As much sense as 19, 80, and 81 might make, 54 is available...

Does JGR do a car number switch like Penske did when they slid Kurt to the 22 and give Kyle his seemingly random number in Cup, keeping M&M's with the 18?

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005

OnlyJuanMon posted:

This is pure sex.

I guess Roush's best hope is that Biffle sticks around and that they can focus their limited resources on three cars instead of four. No matter how you cut it these are dark days for RFR.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 16 days!)

CBJSprague24 posted:

Kidc posted wondering what the 4th JGR car number would be a while back. As much sense as 19, 80, and 81 might make, 54 is available...

Does JGR do a car number switch like Penske did when they slid Kurt to the 22 and give Kyle his seemingly random number in Cup, keeping M&M's with the 18?

I never got why they didn't do 19 anyway. I know Evernham had it for a long time but it's still weird.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

CBJSprague24 posted:

They wouldn't take Kyle out of the 18 I don't think. If they don't go 81, the 8 (lol) is available, as is the 28.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Just use 19, Gibbs. I got irrationally upset when Andretti had 25, 27, and 28 and gave Munoz 34. I don't need this stress in my life again.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Elitist Bitch posted:

I'm the worst. The speedway may be flooded by the time Saturday rolls around, though.

You certainly are. Just don't cry too much when you miss SRA's first ARCA win.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Just use 19, Gibbs. I got irrationally upset when Andretti had 25, 27, and 28 and gave Munoz 34. I don't need this stress in my life again.

Childress had a pretty sweet thing with 27/29/31/33 going, then Austin "dogshit" Dillon happened along.

SHR's 4/10/14/41 is kind of cool, for some reason.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:
Wait'll you get a load of my A Class ride. :smug:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Childress had a pretty sweet thing with 27/29/31/33 going, then Austin "dogshit" Dillon happened along.

SHR's 4/10/14/41 is kind of cool, for some reason.

What I've never understood is why RCR went with 29 for Harvick in 2001. The story goes they asked for the lowest number available, which would've been 13. 23 was also available. 13 would've been the reverse of 31...

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CBJSprague24 posted:

What I've never understood is why RCR went with 29 for Harvick in 2001. The story goes they asked for the lowest number available, which would've been 13. 23 was also available. 13 would've been the reverse of 31...

Childress wanted the lowest available number that did not have a 3 in it.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

LASTCAR posted:

One of the all-time best schemes, and it came together quite by accident. Davey didn't even have a sponsor when he qualified outside-pole at Daytona in 1987, so the car looked just like this without the Havoline graphics. But once they added those logos, it went together perfectly.

I thought the story was that Havoline was in talks to sponsor the 28, but it wasn't quite a done deal yet, so they waited to put the logos on.

Either way the scheme is perfect.

Exi7wound
Aug 22, 2004

LOGANO
Remember my name... you'll be screaming it later.
@LASTCARonBROCK is posting garage pics on the Twitter machine, y'all.

Also, Jenna Fryer just posted "Kenseth to JGR picked up steam last yr at Sonoma. RFR announced 2 days later Kenseth was leaving; JGR announcement was in Sept."

(It was 2 years ago, but I get what she's saying.)

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Not sure who else Roush will go after. The only free agents left are like Casey Mears and Ambrose. Maybe move Bayne up although he hasn't done all that well? Or just cut back to the 16 and 17? Woof.

e: im an idiot and apparently missed that Bayne is already coming up. Welp.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
you never want

Just another day in the office.

Bhester posted:

I thought the story was that Havoline was in talks to sponsor the 28, but it wasn't quite a done deal yet, so they waited to put the logos on.

Either way the scheme is perfect.

You know, I hadn't heard that before, so you may be right.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Look pal, I told you once to suck my dick. Don't make me do it again.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
you never want

VikingSkull posted:

Look pal, I told you once to suck my dick. Don't make me do it again.

:lol:

I can't believe FS1 didn't show Kyle drive the car backwards - under green - after his spin in Turn 10!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cygni posted:

Not sure who else Roush will go after. The only free agents left are like Casey Mears and Ambrose. Maybe move Bayne up although he hasn't done all that well? Or just cut back to the 16 and 17? Woof.

e: im an idiot and apparently missed that Bayne is already coming up. Welp.

Speaking of Mears, he's still ahead of Kurt Busch in the standings :lol:

He's ahead of Danica and Stenhouse too, but that's less surprising.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

There's a guy in front of me at Progressive Field wearing a SCCA shirt and a Mid-Ohio '97 hat. I wish I wasn't so shy. Dude must like good racing.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Elitist Bitch posted:

There's a guy in front of me at Progressive Field wearing a SCCA shirt and a Mid-Ohio '97 hat. I wish I wasn't so shy. Dude must like good racing.

That's me.

It's not

Seriously what are you doing in Cleveland? Get out while you still can!

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

That's me.

It's not

Seriously what are you doing in Cleveland? Get out while you still can!

Don't worry, it's the bottom of the 9th and we're going to drive a ways toward Cincinnati tonight. We'll be out soon.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Elitist Bitch posted:

Don't worry, it's the bottom of the 9th and we're going to drive a ways toward Cincinnati tonight. We'll be out soon.

Yeah just more in reference to the fact that there's nothing to do in Ohio.

Though I would seriously recommend coming the first week of august because there's strangely like a lot to do in that weekend.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Elitist Bitch posted:

Oh god, stay away from cincinnati too.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
the American version of "I'm in Tikrit atm but we're on the way to Mosul!"

"vacation"

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

JuffoWup posted:

Oh god, stay away from cincinnati too.

But but...The chili!

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Hey at least there's IKEA. The museum in an old rail station is good for a few hours, too.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

A chance of rain during the NNS race? :getin:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

GODDAMN IT NASCAR.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

gret posted: