Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
What audience is Korra even for, aside from twenty-something anime nerds hatewatching on Tumblr?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

precision posted:

Hey guys, Wilfred season 3 just got added to Netflix. If you haven't watched the show, what's wrong with you? It's Elijah Wood getting stoned with an Australian man in a dog suit and a David Lynch level exploration of philosophy at the same time. Get on it, jerks.

I really liked the show, but I missed Season 3, so that's good to hear.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

The season 3 finale of Wilfred was hilariously crazy, can't wait for the last season!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

HorseRenoir posted:

What audience is Korra even for, aside from twenty-something anime nerds hatewatching on Tumblr?

Children

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

HorseRenoir posted:

Avatar: The Last Airbender started in almost a decade ago. If you were in elementary school when the show started you would be in high school right now, so a lot of teenagers who watched the original show when they were kids are really into it now and are also making up a big part of the internet community surrounding it.

The Duke posted:

The season 3 finale of Wilfred was hilariously crazy, can't wait for the last season!

Kristen Schaal also shows up for a few episodes, which is always great.

...of SCIENCE! fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jun 21, 2014

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006

HorseRenoir posted:

Twenty-something anime nerds hatewatching on SA because they wanna be likewatching it but it's just not very good. And also not much else is going right now :negative:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

HorseRenoir posted:

People who were teenagers during the original series and who watch for the very occasional moments where Korra does what Avatar did so well: transcend the medium of cartoon for children and become something undeniably greater.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Cardboard Box A posted:

Should I finish Season 2 of Korra? I watched up through the origin of the avatar special which was pretty good but stopped there.

How do you feel about absurd kaiju battles?

Deadpool posted:

My last act as mod will be the permanent ousting of the Korra thread to the anime forum so it may not be a burden upon my fellow mods.

You are a true champion of the people.

precision posted:

Hey guys, Wilfred season 3 just got added to Netflix. If you haven't watched the show, what's wrong with you? It's Elijah Wood getting stoned with an Australian man in a dog suit and a David Lynch level exploration of philosophy at the same time. Get on it, jerks.

Does season 3 get better toward the end? I only got like halfway through before I got tired of it because it got so boring and it started to get to be the same thing every episode of Wilfred being an insufferable piece of poo poo the whole episode, but oh he was actually trying to teach Ryan some kind of life lesson in the process, how deep.

When does season 4 start anyway? I remember seeing a commercial a few weeks ago saying it was going to be the final season.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Cardboard Box A posted:

Should I finish Season 2 of Korra? I watched up through the origin of the avatar special which was pretty good but stopped there.

The finale is hilariously dumb. I'm not sure it's worth pushing through everything else though.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

People who were teenagers during the original series and who watch for the very occasional moments where Korra does what Avatar did so well: transcend the medium of cartoon for children and become something undeniably greater.

I'm not even sure I necessarily disagree with this but it's probably the single most pretentious, insufferable way you could possibly have phrased it.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

HorseRenoir posted:

Kids and teenage girls. Who oddly enough don't see it as Hitler Incarnate like most of TVIV does.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?

Deadpool posted:

My last act as mod will be the permanent ousting of the Korra thread to the anime forum so it may not be a burden upon my fellow mods.

:911:

You're doing the Lord's work right here.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Add Korra to the list of things that must be quarantined in its own thread while it has one. For those keeping track that makes it the fourth after Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, and Adventure Time. You can poison your own threads but we want the others to stay healthy!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

What do you guys think of the Battlestar Galactica finale? Robots, right?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mu Zeta posted:

It was great!

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

I thought you would get auto-banned for bringing it up in this thread. Although that might have been under a previous modistration.
So WTF was up with the end of LOST?

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jun 21, 2014

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Is anyone watching Rogue on DirecTV? The first season was weak but decent summer filler but I have to confess that the second season has been interesting so far.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Deadpool posted:

It was great!

I disagree :unsmigghh:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

Irish Joe posted:

Only if you have a strong tolerance for anime and anime-esque bullshit.

raditts posted:

How do you feel about absurd kaiju battles?

MrAristocrates posted:

The finale is hilariously dumb. I'm not sure it's worth pushing through everything else though.
Sounds like I am going to love it!

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?

Mu Zeta posted:

I liked when the ship went boom.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

CPFortest posted:

I liked when the ship went boom.

The sudden True Romance homage at the end was neat.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Mu Zeta posted:

Say what you will about Adama banging Starbuck on the hood of that camero, the dance number in that episode was fantastic.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Wilfred season 4 premiers this coming Wednesday.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I accidentally ate at the cafe from Twin Peaks a couple weeks ago. I was passing through a town called North Bend in Washington when we stopped. Apparently that was where the cafe scenes in Twin Peaks were filmed. The coffee was pretty good.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

FactsAreUseless posted:

I accidentally ate at the cafe from Twin Peaks a couple weeks ago.... The coffee was pretty good.

I'm glad you included the bit about the coffee. It's very important.

No, really, that's super cool!

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

FactsAreUseless posted:

I accidentally ate at the cafe from Twin Peaks a couple weeks ago. I was passing through a town called North Bend in Washington when we stopped. Apparently that was where the cafe scenes in Twin Peaks were filmed. The coffee was pretty good.

I've eaten at that cafe too, it's called Tweety's, and it's pretty great. :3:

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I, too, have eaten food.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Irish Joe posted:

I, too, have eaten food.
Yeah, but this was famous food from television. That's like meeting the guy who plays Larry Gengirch at the mall, and you stop and chat about frozen pizzas for a bit.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

FactsAreUseless posted:

What about the pie?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Pretty good, but not "drat good?"

Disappointing.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

raditts posted:

What about the pie?
I did not order the pie. I am sorry. I know I am letting you all down.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I bet you didn't even try to solve a murder while you were in town.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was watching some of that "I Love the 2000s" on VH1 and I don't know who 90% of the people they are talking to are.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

muscles like this? posted:

I was watching some of that "I Love the 2000s" on VH1 and I don't know who 90% of the people they are talking to are.

Then it's pretty much the same as the one 15 years ago then.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I didn't have television, listen to music or play video games between 2000 and 2006 and yet I still know most of the people on that special.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Was there a thread for the first season of the british show Utopia? And is someone planning on making an s2 thread? It's starting up again in July.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Just started watching True Detective. Good so far. Just gotta remember NOT to read wikipedia while watching it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

BigRed0427 posted:

Just started watching True Detective. Good so far. Just gotta remember NOT to read wikipedia while watching it.
Or the TVIV thread! :haw:

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Good point. Even just a google search about game of thrones, I spoiled the Red Wedding for myself.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

You know what? Just keep avoiding it even after you're done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

BigRed0427 posted:

Good point. Even just a google search about game of thrones, I spoiled the Red Wedding for myself.
Not because of spoilers, though. Just because the TD thread in TVIV was loving awful for the most part.

• Locked thread