Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Speedball posted:

Pyroi posted:

"90% of my life are Video Games. The rest is up to you."

-Speedball

gently caress.

This is not even a joke.

Speedball

Combat: D
R&D: A
Cooking: E
Medical: E
Intel: S+++

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
I though that was clever :shobon:
But I enjoy dissecting Kojima's stuff so perhaps it is I that is the crazy one with bad taste.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Pyroi posted:

The Solid Snake Simulation. What else would it be?

La Li Lu Le Lo, I Need Scissors, 61!

Nope! The S3 plan is clearly the Selection for Societal Sanity, Ocelot was fed a bs line when he thought it was what you said.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I always thought it stood for "Screw Sensible Script", honestly.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Patter Song posted:

Nope! The S3 plan is clearly the Selection for Societal Sanity, Ocelot was fed a bs line when he thought it was what you said.

That's even more silly! It clearly stands for "Speedball Screenshotting Sivilization"

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms
In short, to sum up the ludicrous batshit that was MGS2's ending: the S3 Plan was a small-scale testbed of the Patriot AI's information-control systems. It was designed to see if you could engineer a person to behave exactly as expected simply by manipulating the information they received. It utilized a recreation of the events at Shadow Moses Island in MGS1 as the basis for the scenario, reasoning that if their information-control tech could reliably manipulate someone to behave in the predicted fashion while under actual physical threat, then the system was functionally foolproof and could be trusted to be rolled out en-masse. This became the technological basis for the SOP system of nanomachine information control in MGS4.

Agent Interrobang fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jun 21, 2014

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
They were also trying to see if they could mass-produce Snakes, since Snake is basically the perfect supersoldier there were a few factions that really wanted to know if they could make more.

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms

Neruz posted:

They were also trying to see if they could mass-produce Snakes, since Snake is basically the perfect supersoldier there were a few factions that really wanted to know if they could make more.

Yeah, that was also part of what SOP was going for, which is why Meryl's squad all have superhuman reflexes. The way they eventually made 'armies of Solid Snake' turns out to just be 'suppress pain reaction and jack up their adrenaline levels.'

Agent Interrobang fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jun 21, 2014

DLord
Apr 28, 2013
He was wrong, one way that an illusion can interact with real by being run by a real person or by a very good computer, thats what we call VR.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

"How Can Big Boss Be Real If Nebuchadnezzar Isn't Real?"

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Those mice arE AlaskAn field mIce. Don'T WoRry. ThEy CaN't HuRt you.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Really hoping the trippy meta stuff doesn't poo poo the bed during the eleventh hour, but once we get past it we'll have something many goons have requested/hoped for.

Antipersonnel Mime
Feb 27, 2011
...Ghandi Gear Solid?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

BattleCattle posted:

Those mice arE AlaskAn field mIce. Don'T WoRry. ThEy CaN't HuRt you.

I would like to point out the existence of the Zanzibar Poison Hamster in MGS canon.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Can Konami just hire Speedball to make the next metal gear game?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

unwantedplatypus posted:

Can Konami just hire Speedball to make the next metal gear game?

They probably won't let me make anything with the word solid in the title but I'd like a crack at Acid...

Alex0080
May 3, 2013

Speedball posted:

They probably won't let me make anything with the word solid in the title but I'd like a crack at Acid...

Yes, please. I'd just love a new Acid game in general, there's a huge pool of new stuff to make crazy awesome cards about, and maybe the card cut scenes could have sound, hearing all the Metal Gear characters ham it up when you use their cards would be great. And Speedball definitely has what it takes to wright a Metal Gear game, so where do I sign up for this? Is there a petition, or do I just have to keep throwing money at my screen?

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

Speedball posted:

Really hoping the trippy meta stuff doesn't poo poo the bed during the eleventh hour, but once we get past it we'll have something many goons have requested/hoped for.

Speedball vs Snake?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Speedball posted:

Snake fighting a bunch of mod civs?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I hope the final boss is Ultimate Madoka. :allears:

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

I hope the final boss is Ultimate Madoka. :allears:

Snake is trapped in a Witch Barrier?

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

berryjon posted:

Speedball vs Snake?

Every Snake Ever in a battle royale, OSP equipment rules and no rations, just (Scotch)Whiskey and PCP. :colbert:

The winner takes over the franchise.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

The forums live and so do I! I just gotta let you know that I'm pulling several consecutive 12-hour shifts so until the weekend my rear end is OCCUPIED. I hate cliffhangers too. Forgive me.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Speedball posted:

The forums live and so do I! I just gotta let you know that I'm pulling several consecutive 12-hour shifts so until the weekend my rear end is OCCUPIED. I hate cliffhangers too. Forgive me.

Hey now, I approve. Cliffhangers are awesome when used in moderation. :colbert:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I have thought of one thing. Who wants deleted scenes? I'll post them later tonight .

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Everybody, probably.

(it seems silly to ask this thread "Do you want more content Y/N?" Who's gonna say no?)

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

Speedball posted:

I have thought of one thing. Who wants deleted scenes? I'll post them later tonight .

I'm not even sure why you would have to ask, because the answer will always be yes, yes, yes, YES

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Ja.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
In the spirit of Speedball Civ 5 LPs...

THE ANSWER TO MORE CONTENT IS ALWAYS "YES"!

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Speedball posted:

Do it.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Okay, you want it, you got it.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

EXTRA CHAPTER: Cut Content:

So a lot of the dialogue I cook up on the spot, but other times I prepare jokes in advance. Some of it just plain doesn’t fit, isn’t funny enough to include, or runs too long, though, so I cut it out. These are some of these lines. This isn’t my A-material here, folks, it was cut for a reason.

Had I had the opportunity to mention I had more donated military soldiers, the Leader of the Saints in Steelport might have had this to say:

Okay, Big Boy, here’s another soldier for ya!

Thanks! …hey, wait a minute, weren’t you a man before?

Yeah, I get sick of being a guy all the time, so I change it up.

What are you, a shapeshifter or something?

…or something.

I could use someone like that on my team! Your code name could be, like…Decoy Octopus or something. Are you sure you don’t want to be on my payroll?

Nah. For some reason, no matter what I look like, the moment I open my mouth people know it’s me. I didn’t fool you for a second, right?

Oh, yeah, that’s right… that’s weird.

I could be an albino goth girl with a Russian accent one day and an overweight bald wrestler the next and nobody would blink. I’m like fuckin’ Leonard Nimoy. Everyone always knows it’s me.

That’s because you can’t act for poo poo!

Hey!

Sorry, gotta side with my trooper here. I’ve seen your movie, it’s worse than the crap Para-Medic made me watch.

Moving on! This next scene would have been to explain what Amanda, Chico and Cecile were up to when missing for almost the entire second scenario.

So, you guys were trapped all that time by Babylon?

No. We were fighting off Queen Isabella of Spain.

What?

Yeah! She and a bunch of Spanish Conquistadors washed up on shore and thought they were in the New World, so they started doing what Conquistadors do best…

Conquering, robbing, looking for crap like the Fountain of Youth and El Dorado? Pft. Good luck with that, guys…

Actually, those beliefs may have been rather well-founded. They found them both!

What?! Where!?

Don’t get your hopes up. They’re death traps.

There was something in El Dorado that turned everything near it to gold…everything. Including the people. It’s pretty, but far too dangerous. Half of the Spanish became statues.

Huh. Well what about the Fountain? I’d like to get a little of this grey out of my beard…

Ugh. That thing. You don’t want it, it’s overpowered.

how overpowered?

There’s no more Spanish, but the orphanage in Cusco is very overstocked.

…are you messing with me?

Heh. Nope. Just a drop is too much. Kind of a letdown, really.

Crap. That’s like finding out aliens are real but they’re all morons.

Kind of a roundabout way of making a joke about how the Fountain of Youth in Civ V is a very overpowered Natural Wonder (it gives you +10 Happiness and health regen, +20 for Spain). I always liked to say that Spain gets “double the silver from Cerro de Potosi, double the gold from El Dorado, and double the youth from the Fountain of Youth…uh-oh, that doesn’t sound like a good thing…” That and I like the idea of supernatural things being both real and a real disappointment.

On that note:

Snake, something happened to me last Thursday when I was riding my bicycle home. I had a couple of miles to go — I looked up and saw a glowing orange object in the sky, to the east! It was moving very irregularly. Suddenly, there was intense light all around me, and when I came to, I was home. What do you think happened to me?

Oh, that’s easy. Bobcat got drunk and went on a joyride in the recovery helicopter, and he shot you down with a C.Gustav sleep gas shell with a Fulton balloon attached. That’s why you lost consciousness and had a flying sensation.

Awww…are you sure I don’t have an alien implant in me? Maybe one that gives me superpowers?

Pretty sure, little soldier. Sorry. Maybe next time!

Just my shout-out to one of my more favorite goofy things from MGS2…Anyway, as you can see, none of these would have quite fit in the regular updates. But I had ‘em rolling around in my head all this while.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

I never figured out how to use the Fulton shells. I'd probably be disappointed, anyway. Unless I could Fulton my way out of Tank catching missions, that is. That'd be good times.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
:eng101: It's quite likely that a lot of the modern UFO stuff was at least partially spawned by experimental stealth fighter\bomber pilots buzzing people driving along highways at night by flying reaaal low and just silently floating over them. B-2 test pilots were especially prone to this and they supposedly had a running game for who could buzz the most poor innocent bastards (usually farmers).

So yeah, a lot of those old UFO sightings? They were probably actually UFOs, except they were government\secret military UFOs not extraterrestrial ones.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Neruz posted:

:eng101: It's quite likely that a lot of the modern UFO stuff was at least partially spawned by experimental stealth fighter\bomber pilots buzzing people driving along highways at night by flying reaaal low and just silently floating over them. B-2 test pilots were especially prone to this and they supposedly had a running game for who could buzz the most poor innocent bastards (usually farmers).

So yeah, a lot of those old UFO sightings? They were probably actually UFOs, except they were government\secret military UFOs not extraterrestrial ones.

Well you gotta flaunt it somehow.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Maverick! :argh:

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

That also explains all the stories of government agents trying to hush up UFO photos and stuff- they were paranoid kooks, but there also really were government agents trying to hush up UFO photos because they actually were test plane photos.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Hell, Stealth Fighters and Stealth Bombers look like they were built on Cybertron anyway.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

I prefer an alternate history where all witnesses are shot with Fulton Rockets but not recovered; they freak the gently caress out and then just sort of get bored and hungry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Ratoslov posted:

That also explains all the stories of government agents trying to hush up UFO photos and stuff- they were paranoid kooks, but there also really were government agents trying to hush up UFO photos because they actually were test plane photos.

Pretty much; there were indeed government agents trying to hush up UFO photos and whatnot but it wasn't because they were trying to hide evidence of aliens; it was because they were trying to hide evidence of humans.

• Locked thread