Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

They would be poo poo on the long course. All the corners it adds would be too narrow to do any racing on so they would just follow each other around until the passing areas they already have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

3 laps in and this is some of the best action all year. Fuckin love road courses!

AirborneSpore
Mar 2, 2014

That one bounced.

This really needed a 48 shaved into the chest hair.

Kyle dumps Brad, I like it!

AirborneSpore fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jun 22, 2014

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011

Dynamite Dog posted:

They would be poo poo on the long course. All the corners it adds would be too narrow to do any racing on so they would just follow each other around until the passing areas they already have.
I remember the sweet camera shot of the cars rising out of the earth uphill to turn 7 (which is no longer nearly as potent a passing area).

Therefore I do not think that's a valid reason.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
NASCAR should be running the long course and Indycar should be running the short course, really.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 11 days!)

Elfforkusu posted:

Somebody remind me why NASCAR doesn't race the long course anymore.

Too difficult.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Hello I was at lunch, anything interesting happen?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

kidcoelacanth posted:

Hello I was at lunch, anything interesting happen?

Josh Wise won handily, Kevin Harvick said "steve boyland will you marry me" and obama said nascar is cool.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Peanut President posted:

Josh Wise won handily, Kevin Harvick said "steve boyland will you marry me" and obama said nascar is cool.

Dreams do come true :swoon:

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Kenseth :stonk: :stare: :stonk:

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Holy poo poo, a quarter of that car is straight-up GONE

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011
Junior effs up on a road course. Surprise!

But it was Kenseth, overall a good result.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Between Jr. being awesome at Twitter and him attempting to murder Kenseth, I think I've turned into a Jr. fan now.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Cannot Find Server posted:

Between Jr. being awesome at Twitter and him attempting to murder Kenseth, I think I've turned into a Jr. fan now.

I love Hendrick-era Dale.

Edit: Hahahaha gently caress you Bowyer.

Idiot Kicker fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jun 22, 2014

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

"lol gently caress you" - The 2014 Kevin Harvick story

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Idiot Kicker posted:

This. :hfive:

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Idiot Kicker posted:

It must suck hating good and fun drivers.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

There goes Dinger, this race hates me.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
NASCAR road races are way more fun than F1 races.
And I'm a F1 fan.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Cannot Find Server posted:

All that goodwill and then he stuffs Dinger into the fence. :argh:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

:laffo: wtf Vickers

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Does Jeff have enough time? :ohdear:

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011
Junior on a road course with a good car is hilarious. He drives it like it's a monster truck.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

drat, I would've been so pumped to see Gordon punt Edwards in the hairpin.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Carl seems like a good enough guy to me. I really wanted that win for Gordon though.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Is this race worth watching?

AirborneSpore
Mar 2, 2014

That one bounced.
I don't mind Edwards winning. Better him than Gordon. He threw that Subway plug in at the end. Gotta remember the main sponsor.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
It was a good race.

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
Great race...only 365 days until the next time. :(

And that was maybe the most aggressive I've ever seen Jr run. I think he had decided before the race that he was going to do everything possible to get a top ten.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

So, how about that 42 car field for Kentucky?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Quantrill posted:

So, how about that 42 car field for Kentucky?

As much as I want to post "IT'S HAPPENING.gif" they'll probably wrangle Joe Nemecheck into running another car to bump it up to 43.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

While the forums were down, Dale Jr. continued to own on Twitter:

quote:

@DaleJr Ebay packaging is always solid comedy. #DoubleDribble #NES)

https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/481153473811996674

...while NASCAR's charming lady shared thoughts about her new dog's bowel movements:

quote:

Danica Patrick @DanicaPatrick
Is it ok that I got really excited when @DallasStenhouse had a solid poop this morning?! It's a rhetorical question.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm pretty creeped out that somebody set up a twitter for the dog, and posts as if they were the dog

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

...while NASCAR's charming lady shared thoughts about her new dog's bowel movements:

If Junior had posted the same thing we'd have all loved it. It's funny.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

shyduck posted:

I'm pretty creeped out that somebody set up a twitter for the dog, and posts as if they were the dog

There are people who will make facebook accounts for their fictional anime wives and then post as them.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Peanut President posted:

There are people who will make facebook accounts for their fictional anime wives and then post as them.

Roleplaying as actual real life things strikes me as even weirder to be honest.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Anime is real.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Anime is real.

My vote for the Chase thread title.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

CBJSprague24 posted:

Thought you were going to post about this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bq8zQEvCUAA8zhP.jpg

https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/481660037232738304

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Oh sweet the forums are back up!

Before we get to Kentucky, wanted to post some things from Sears Point I didn't mention on the blog or twitter:

*Clint Bowyer is hilarious. When asked about his pet peeves while driving on the highway, he went off on a rant about drivers texting and riding in people's blind spots. At the same time, someone wiped out in K&N practice, and he was bummed he didn't get to see it.

*Danica was practically impossible to get even a picture of her. Every time she got out of the car, she was practically in a sprint to get back to the hauler.

*My artist friend sent me down some of his drawings to get signed over the weekend. One was Kyle Larson's Cup car, which Larson signed on the way out of the media center after his win in the K&N race. The other was the pick-up truck from "Sanford & Son," which Ryan Newman signed after the second practice session on Friday. Both were really cool about it.

*Tomy Drissi's a nice guy. After interviewing him on Friday, he introduced me to his wife on pit road before qualifying.

*At Josh Wise's tweetup, I met Phil Parsons' son Stefan, who reads LASTCAR. "I like the dedication," he said. Had a good time talking about him driving Legends cars and how Phil was good at the plate tracks in 1988. I met one other LASTCAR reader who was taking selfies with Michael Annett.

*Got some sweet video from pit road when the cars rolled off for qualifying.

*This was transcribed in one of my articles, but here's video of Jimmie responding to my question about his lack of last-place finishes. (Cue to 9:46)

*Mike Helton is incredibly tall. Talked to him briefly after the finish of Sunday's race to put in a good word for the track, hoping they'd keep coming back. "We'd like to," he said.

*Jack Roush still calls the track Sears Point. :getin: He liked the hat my brother wore to the media center with the old track logo.

*As for the race itself, Allmendinger looked to have the best car early on, then Jimmie in the middle stages. But the biggest thrill was going for Paul Menard in the closing stages - he seemed to have an even better car than Gordon. Have no idea how Edwards made his way through it all. Overall, I thought it was a good race.

EDIT:

haha I've never heard that story before!

LASTCAR fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jun 26, 2014

• Locked thread