Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duuk
Sep 4, 2006

Victorious, he returned to us, claiming that he had slain the drought where even Orlanth could not. The god-talkers were not sure what to make of this.

Pavlov posted:

Oh, well if it's a gimmick team Nuffle can probably forgive you. You must have done something else to piss him off.

(Still should have taken the +st)

It could just be confirmation bias to some degree and having too few games for "proper statistics" to kick in. Losing a guy every kickoff has happened very, very often. But I haven't kept track mid-match, because I'm busy trying to keep the remaining dudes alive. It's possible I'm just looking for Nuffle's blessing in the wrong place. I mean, I HAVE only lost one match with them. And usually there's still six to eight dudes left on the green at the end, that's something to cheer for.

In an argument over the general usefulness of ST, it is the obvious choice in most situations. In a situation where you're not purposefully trying to limit your TV, I would take the stat and hope for the best in the vast majority of cases. That said, if you are limiting TV, 50 is a lot. That's a blodger and then some. It's 10 short of a whole 'nother lino.

Duuk fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jun 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Yeah, Nuffle shows his blessing and curse in very bizarre ways. I was taking my Los Angeles Bloodlines (Undead) for a spin to try out my new shiny Pass Wight, Sebastian LaCroix, and ran into a 1450 TV Chaos team. Almost everybody on that team had Block (except the Mino and maybe one or two Beastmen), several guys had Claw. I had only a few guys with Block beyond natural skills. I was ready to abandon the match at any given moment, should players start dropping, and was expecting the worst. The game turned into a bloodbath, but not in the way I expected. By halftime, I had Badly Hurt three guys and KO'ed two, whereas he had KO'ed one and Badly Hurt one. By the end of the game, eight of his players had gotten injured, two with stat losses, whereas I had two guys injured, one missing the next game.

I still lost 0-1 on a last turn TD because I was too busy having a great time murdering dudes and the dice went his way at one point. I also didn't throw a single pass because there was too much punching going on.

I've also killed four players with this team so far in four games. Things are going surprisingly well.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

:siren:Match 7!:siren:

Fairly Elected (GNU Order, Necromantic) vs Soviet Red (Gaghskull, Khorne)

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Good job on rolling more skulls! You're doing the thread proud.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
I should've expected this with a Khorne game, but my heart wasn't ready. :smith: :rip: Fresh Prince.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
It's me, I'm the monster. But goddamn is Khorne a lot of fun to play once you get a few skills. Also, read the chat box. I am a very chatty blood bowl player. I insult you, and my own players.

Gaghskull fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jun 26, 2014

Corzanth
Apr 8, 2011

Rawr!
Holy crap, that was a bloody half. How many players are left on the pitch now?

Good riddance, Flesh Prince. :commissar:

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
That first half was Khorney as all hell.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I tried playing this game because of this LP, trying out an Amazon team, and I suffered 8 Cas (3 of them Dead) in my first game.

I still don't think that's anywhere near as tragic as what just happened to Flesh Prince. Goodbye, sweet prince.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
That poor team.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
Poor Flesh Prince. He just wanted to be loved! That and he liked to lean.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
You really can't be mad at that. It's way to funny to get angry at dice. Hail, Nuffle!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

I dont know posted:

You really can't be mad at that. It's way to funny to get angry at dice. Hail, Nuffle!

Dice for the Dice God! Dubskulls for the Dubskull throne!

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Well somebody just got their life flipped turned upside down.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Killing the flesh prince was a favor to the team honestly.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

SDS, how are you wrong about skills so often

(Juggernaut doesn't do poo poo to sidesteppers)

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Well you can't say Beefslab is any worse than The Flesh Prince now.

If most of the players in our dugout right now don't stand up next half we are hosed, straight up. Most of our important positionals are in there

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Veloxyll posted:

SDS, how are you wrong about skills so often

(Juggernaut doesn't do poo poo to sidesteppers)
Yeah and also how are you so wrong about Minotaurs, aka the most interesting players on any team they're on.

Chaos Pact, OP team, throw a Mino in there, have them do mino things, cool big guy alongside the others.
Chaos, dull team unless you build them for agi, stick a mino in the team, use them like a Beast of Nurgle, use them like a Rogre, use them like an Ogre team Ogre, whatever, it's all good.
Chaos Dwarves, add a Mino, don't just be a Bull Centaur and Guard/MB/maybe Claw Chorf team. Cool.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
Man you shouldn't have hosed with Stalin, that was your big mistake.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
If only it had been Khrushchev there would've been room for a 'we will bury you' joke.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

If you had voted to dismiss Flesh Prince he'd still be alive.

Now we all have blood on our hands.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Prav posted:

Just as planned. :colbert: Everyone dies on the pitch.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Prav posted:

More like Embalming fluids.

Anyway what are we naming our next Folem, The Flesher Prince?

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jun 26, 2014

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
DJ Jazzy Flesh

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

:allears: Soviet Red is the best god drat team. And yeah, blitzing Stalin basically spelled your doom. You don't invade Russia, and you don't blitz Stalin.

And so far, blitzing Stalin is 2 for 2 as far as somebody eventually committing suicide is concerned.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Poppin' Flesh.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Prav posted:

Let's be honest, death is sweet release from their tortured existence for Necromantic players.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

John Charity Spring posted:

Let's be honest, death is sweet release from their tortured existence for Necromantic players.

To my understanding most undead in warhammer are fine being undead though. Wights and flesh golems at least. Nobody asked what the zombies think about being undead but nobody cares what they think. Ghouls arent even undead, they are just humans who like undead too much.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Man, you guys were harsh on beefslab. I mean yeah he dubskulled twice, but he also helped keep the pitch clean with equal success to the thirster until you sacrificed the flesh prince to it.

Nuffle must truly be pleased with you, that's two dead dead players already.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Iretep posted:

To my understanding most undead in warhammer are fine being undead though. Wights and flesh golems at least. Nobody asked what the zombies think about being undead but nobody cares what they think. Ghouls arent even undead, they are just humans who like undead too much.

Yeah Wights are sort of weird because I seem to recall they're not raised with Necromancy per se. They're ancient warriors who rise from burial mounds with crazy magical death blades that Necromancy just wakes up.

Also as I think about it bringing undead things up against Khorne was just begging for trouble, I mean they can practically see the skulls right there waiting for them to grab them and lay them on their dark god's throne. Can you blame them for getting all punchy to take those precious, precious skulls?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

So, the modus operandi when facing Dwarves, especially as a squishy rookie team, is just "don't do it"? Because I just started a new Wood Elf team, went into matchmaking on Auld, ran into Dwarves, and then abandoned. But that wasn't the weird part. I then went into matchmaking again, and ran into the same loving dwarves. This time, I decided to try and play. I ended up kicking to them, they got Quick Snap, got into good position, made four blocks, one of which ended up with a Lineman taking a Pinched Nerve and one ended up surfing another Lineman to death and I abandoned again because gently caress that noise.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

TheMcD posted:

So, the modus operandi when facing Dwarves, especially as a squishy rookie team, is just "don't do it"? Because I just started a new Wood Elf team, went into matchmaking on Auld, ran into Dwarves, and then abandoned. But that wasn't the weird part. I then went into matchmaking again, and ran into the same loving dwarves. This time, I decided to try and play. I ended up kicking to them, they got Quick Snap, got into good position, made four blocks, one of which ended up with a Lineman taking a Pinched Nerve and one ended up surfing another Lineman to death and I abandoned again because gently caress that noise.

The modus operandi when facing Dwarves in general is 'gently caress that noise'. Dwarves are hitler for a reason.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

TheMcD posted:

Be two squares back so they can't quick snap into you. And yes, you can dodge the match I guess, that's an advantage of online leagues. Give it a minute before you queue again and you're unlikely to run into the same team twice.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

jBrereton posted:

Be two squares back so they can't quick snap into you. And yes, you can dodge the match I guess, that's an advantage of online leagues. Give it a minute before you queue again and you're unlikely to run into the same team twice.

Well, being back wouldn't have helped, as the four blocks were my three guys on the LOS and a blitz by the Troll Slayer. I just switched teams instead (Norse now), hoping the TV difference would keep me from playing them, and I just got a High Elf team, so I guess that worked.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

TheMcD posted:

:allears: Soviet Red is the best god drat team. And yeah, blitzing Stalin basically spelled your doom. You don't invade Russia, and you don't blitz Stalin.

And so far, blitzing Stalin is 2 for 2 as far as somebody eventually committing suicide is concerned.

Soviet Red fills the most important part of making a Blood Bowl team, having a good gimmick. It isn't as well done as some of my teams for puns, but it has a fun gimmick. Also, fun fact about Cyanide Blood Bowl. By default, General Giorgy Zhukov is censored and you can't make a player with that name. You actually have to go into the game files and delete the censored list for the name to work.

Gaghskull fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jun 26, 2014

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

TheMcD posted:

Well, being back wouldn't have helped, as the four blocks were my three guys on the LOS and a blitz by the Troll Slayer. I just switched teams instead (Norse now), hoping the TV difference would keep me from playing them, and I just got a High Elf team, so I guess that worked.
Oh, right.

Well your LOS is usually a write-off against Dwarves unless you outstrength and outguard them. There are some teams that can (Lizards, Chaos, Nurgle, Orcs, Ogres, and Khemri, plus probably a couple I forgot), but most realistically can't.

Steelpudding
Apr 21, 2010

I've got Balls of Steel!
A Flesh Beginning

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Khorne is best because Khorne are even punchier than Orcs without being boring as poo poo.

1stGear fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 26, 2014

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

And here I thought you had transferred your bad dice curse to me. That was a hell of a lot of skulls. Both the ones being rolled and the ones being splattered across the pitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
Considering one of the teams I am not sure if this is quite as hilarious or not but...

THIS HALF PLEASES KHORNE.

• Locked thread