Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Who are we?
A rapidly growing startup working in corporate wellness

Where are we?
Redmond, WA

What are we looking for?
officially? A sysadmin. The actual job requires designing and implementing an IT infrastructure from the ground up in a company that grew without thinking things like security, capacity, or centralized management were important. Read: There isn't even a domain controller here. There IS, however, executive buy-in that all of this stuff is incredibly important and the funds and backing to build it are there

How do I apply?
email michael.r.board at gmail.com for information on applying.

Anything else?
This job is a hybrid between sysadmin and IT Project Management. Benefits are good, Pay is a bit below area but not insulting or unlivable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
Who are we?
Speed Commerce

Where are we?
Dallas, TX

What are we looking for?
Good, accomplished PHP developers. We're really hungry for good developers that will be working on 3rd party logistics, warehouse, and e-commerce software. You'll be working on complex problems on an old out-dated codebase. I'm not going to lie: as bad as PHP code can be, some of this code is the worst. But, we're on a path to upgrading it which you'll be a part of. We work with incredibly challenging problems at a large scale as well. Your work, when deployed, will immediately be used by millions of people, so if you get a kick out of that you'll enjoy it here.

Experience in Symfony2, e-commerce, or even 3rd party logistics will really help.

How do I apply?
Email me at vic.cherubini@speedcommerce.com or PM me with a resume.

Anything else?
Pay is very much above average for the Dallas area, benefits are good (dental, health, vision, 401k + matching). Unfortunately this is not a remote position, and I can check on re-location assistance, but the last time that came up (early 2012) Speed did not offer it.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

It's that time of year again, our FY has started new, and with it come new REQs:

Quoting myself from a while back, but we are hiring again. Keep in mind the Posting requirements are a bit more HR speak. I've got 0 college degrees and only 3ish years of actual enterprise level of support, including this job.

toplitzin posted:

Who we are: NetApp

Where we are: Wichita, KS and RTP, NC for support operations.

What we are looking for: TSE's on multiple shifts.

How to apply: PM/AIM/Email me so I can put in a referral for you.
AIM is same as username.
Gmail: David.Seltzer at gmail dot com
We are interviewing as we speak.

Feel free to browse our careers site for other opportunities worldwide.
NetApp Careers
Just let me know and I'll gladly put in a referral. (Please don't apply without a referral if you find something, that's $2500 i miss out on!)

Why you should work here
Did I mention we are #6 on Forbes top 100 places to work? We've been #1 before.
We are an awesome company, with all sorts of awesome benefits Check them out here!
Free super-automatic cappucino/espresso machine.
Great new cafeteria company.
Cheapish eats in said cafeteria. (Today was chicken curry, rice and naan)
Onsite Gym.
Free fruit on Wednesdays.
Free bagels Friday's.
Friday Afternoon Beer Bash
Much more

Awesome compensation including insurance, retirement, and stock.
I'm currently in this position now, so we'd be co workers.
There is plenty of opportunity for growth worldwide.
Training happens often, and there are plenty of opportunities for specialization/growth.

Technical Support Engineer
As a Technical Support Engineer you provide support for diagnosing, reproducing, and fixing software and hardware issues. You will troubleshoot protocols running on NetApp hardware to assist customer with problem isolation and resolution. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated selfstarter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical problem solving skills; and be someone who embraces challenges.

Essential Functions:
Resolve Warranty, Top Enterprise and SupportEdge Premium customer problems via the telephone, the web or Autosupport.
- Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly with the
customer with recommendations and action plans.
- Escalate cases to other more senior Technical Support Engineers and/or
Escalation Engineers when the problem is too complex or falls out of specific area of expertise.
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including higher-level engineers, knowledge base, and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Create new knowledgebase articles to capture new learnings for reuse throughout
the center.
- Participate in technical communications within the Technical Support Engineering
team to share best practices and learn about new technologies and complimentary storage applications.
- Begin to focus on an area of technical specialization and attend classes, complete lab projects, read and work with other Technical Support Engineers on cases which will help cultivate that expertise.

Job Requirements:
NetApp is looking for a candidate with a Bachelor's Degree or higher and experience administering a SAN/Network environment. Candidate must have in depth file system knowledge. Experience with Windows and Linux server Operating Systems is a
requirement; it would be nice if the candidate also knew Solaris, HP,
or AIX.
A candidate with SAN knowledge/certifications would be ideal. This would include Fibre Channel, SCSI, iSCSI, virtualized environments, and RAID.
The successful candidate would know how to capture Network Trace, using Wireshark, tcpdump, snoop, and possibly even perform trace analysis.

Also:
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order
work successfully with customers in high stress and or ambiguous situations.
- Basic understanding of some of the following protocols and applications:
- NFS, the UNIX remote file sharing protocol
- CIFS, the Windows NT remote file sharing protocol
- TCP/IP
- Networking
- RAID
- Microsoft Exchange and/or Veritas software.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Must have at least 1 or more areas of expertise such as: RAID storage, backup and recovery,Exchange DR, Linux, AIX, or networking; including at least 2 years of experience working in that particular specialty.

Responsibility and Interaction:

- The types of tasks this individual is responsible are a mix of structured and unstructured tasks. This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems.

- This individual interacts primarily with Staff to Director level employees within the function, and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions as required.

- General direction is provided on routine work, and detailed direction is provided on new projects and assignments; as well as ongoing review of activities and priorities.

- The ideal candidate will be an important contributor or lead on team projects.

Education & Experience: (you know how reqs are, there is flexibility and i never finished college)
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field; or 5 + years of experience in UNIX, Windows networking administration or technical support is required.

We've got openings in several different verticals ranging from HW, Performance, Backups/Data Protection, Networking/CoreOS, and Monitoring Software Suites, so if you think you fit one more than another, let me know.

toplitzin fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jun 3, 2014

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

My employer, an MSP in Chicago, is looking for an experienced network engineer:

quote:

We would welcome an opportunity to speak with you if you have the following experience:

- Core infrastructure component installations and configurations (physical and virtual servers, server systems, networking)
- Administering/Troublshooting Microsoft Server Operating Systems (Exchange, SQL, Hyper-V, SharePoint, etc)
- Administering/Troubleshooting Citrix and Cisco products
- Firewall, Router and Switch administration/support
- Troubleshoot SQL Backup Jobs, Stored Procedures & perform ad-hoc queries
- Worked remotely and in-person to troubleshoot issues and meet customer needs.
- Managed requests using a ticketing system. Experience using ConnectWise is a plus.
- Creating network documentation
- This position involves travel to client locations as needed. Must have reliable vehicle, valid driver's license and current auto insurance. Reimbursment for mileage in accordance with IRS requirements.

We're also hiring for entry-level intake techs to answer phones and create & deploy tickets, who'll move up out of the intake team to become L1 technicians, as well as experienced L2 & L3 technicians.

If you'd like to apply or have any questions, contact me with your resume at piobmoore AT gmail d0t com

Cavepimp
Nov 10, 2006
e: filled the position already!

Cavepimp fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jun 18, 2014

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
I am not sure if this is the right place, but someone here I think posted about a job title that you only needed an AS in IT to get. Basically you sit and watch a monitor for network intrusions, and you call them in when you see one. What is the name of this job i've been googling but no hits.I remember the jobs are very numerous on the east coast.

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

b0nes posted:

I am not sure if this is the right place, but someone here I think posted about a job title that you only needed an AS in IT to get. Basically you sit and watch a monitor for network intrusions, and you call them in when you see one. What is the name of this job i've been googling but no hits.I remember the jobs are very numerous on the east coast.

if you've got an AS in any sort of IT, you can do a hell of a lot better than something that could (and should) be easily automated

owDAWG
May 18, 2008

b0nes posted:

Computer Operator, the position is slightly better pay than helpdesk, but you are usually working nights and weekends. It is about as dead end of an IT job you can get.

Spazz
Nov 17, 2005

^^^ To add on to that, don't let them sucker you in by saying "Oh there's amazing room for growth!" There isn't. Your skills will atrophy as you work overnights and weekends.

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl

Spazz posted:

^^^ To add on to that, don't let them sucker you in by saying "Oh there's amazing room for growth!" There isn't. Your skills will atrophy as you work overnights and weekends.

To add onto that, I started my career doing operations, and these blanket "it's a dead end and you'll atrophy!" posts are not universally accurate. Operations can be much more hands-on than help desk, especially as a night or weekend worker where you're the first line for production issues.

lambeth
Aug 31, 2009

evol262 posted:

To add onto that, I started my career doing operations, and these blanket "it's a dead end and you'll atrophy!" posts are not universally accurate. Operations can be much more hands-on than help desk, especially as a night or weekend worker where you're the first line for production issues.

I started my career in this type of job as well and I'll say that it's a decent job to have right out of school, but once you've got some experience and knowledge there, it's time to move on. Yes, you do get some hands-on experience, but the nights and weekends I worked there were dead 99% of the time and it gets tedious when your main tasks are server reboots, tape rotations, and emailing monitoring alerts. At the company I worked at, people only stayed in that position on average 1-2 years before either moving on or up.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

My experience:
Graphics: ~6 years freelance
Web design: ~4 years freelance
Server poo poo: ~4 years loving with linux VPS.
Business: ~3 years college, some consulting.
Development: 3 months! PHP, jQuery bootcamp.

What I'm looking for: anything I can do at a tech company, preferably "startup"
Where I'm looking: Vancouver
Can be reached via: PM

Macaca_cyclopis
Apr 12, 2010

brc64 posted:

To try to make it easier to find openings in a sea of requests, I'm going to try to keep the first post updated with any currently posted positions. Should the positions be filled, let me know and I'll edit out the link.

I have several permanent openings available in New York, NY at respected firms:

(1) Junior data role, any technology, open to entry-level if you have impressive credentials
(2) Junior Java (server-side) role, open to entry-level if you have impressive credentials
(3) Mid-Level C++ or Python
(4) KDB/Q Developer for Hi-Frequency
(5) Junior to Mid-Level Strat

If they think you are smart and like your profile, they will schedule a phone interview.

Please email me (Vicky) at vchang@optionsgroup.com if you are interested.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from some interested developers.

The Sweetling
May 13, 2005

BOOMSHAKALAKA
Fun Shoe
We're looking for a sharp Frontend Developer in downtown Toronto! Posting is below. Please email me directly : roumen at shifthealth.ca or if you have questions :)

=====================================================================================

We are a healthcare technology startup that is passionate about enabling the highest levels of patient care. Combining clinical expertise, cutting-edge technology, and design artistry we launched our product in January 2013 and have 6 major hospitals as clients.
Our team is small, close-knit, highly motivated and values dynamic, creative individuals who thrive in a startup environment. We like to keep it fun and focused.

Located downtown Toronto in the Fashion/Entertainment District our developers enjoy flexible work hours, cutting-edge technologies, creative freedom, extended health and dental benefits, an enjoyable work environment that consists of young, like-minded individuals and real startup upside potential.

Some of the things you will be doing:

Work with Product Managers and Software Engineers to implement TickiT, our interactive survey platform
Build efficient and reusable front-end abstractions and systems that are responsive to different devices and environments
Identify and address performance bottlenecks
Participate in design and code reviews
Identify and communicate best practices for front-end engineering
Skills & Requirements

Intimately familiar with -- HTML Accessibility knowledge, Semantics, Icon fonts, HTML 5
CSS: Clear understanding of the box model, CSS3 techniques, Cross browser support and fallback, Resets / normalize, Responsive design principals.
LESS / SASS experience in building maintainable systems would be strongly preferred
Javascript would be very nice to have jQuery, angular, ember, etc.
Must be prepared to learn new technologies
Have a demonstrated ability to get it done
Additional nice-to-haves:
Photoshop
Ruby on Rails
Agile development processes
About Shift Health Paradigms

We are a healthcare technology startup based in Toronto that is making big waves in the healthcare industry with our flagship product, TickiT.

TickiT was built as a solution to help healthcare providers humanize their data collection process. The following are pain points experienced by healthcare leaders looking to collect patient experience data: Providing quality care to patients and better patient-reported outcomes; Alignment with procurement and purchasing processes; Working with minimal financial resources; and maintaining alignment with government priorities and objectives.

The Sweetling fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jun 11, 2014

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
If you are good at VoIP but looking for a more laid-back job, come work with me in Portland, OR: http://goo.gl/DltwQq

If you have any questions I can try to answer them (PM or email jason+shsc at bithive dot net), but I am not the hiring manager, merely one of the people who would be interviewing / working with you.

It would be great if we could find someone with an interest in helping us automate the management of our Cisco phone system and/or be a system administrator of some sort (Linux, VMWare, etc).

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Novo posted:

If you are good at VoIP but looking for a more laid-back job, come work with me in Portland, OR: http://goo.gl/DltwQq

If you have any questions I can try to answer them (PM or email jason+shsc at bithive dot net), but I am not the hiring manager, merely one of the people who would be interviewing / working with you.

It would be great if we could find someone with an interest in helping us automate the management of our Cisco phone system and/or be a system administrator of some sort (Linux, VMWare, etc).

Sent an e-mail to cio@ as requested on the page. Got an out of office, but I'm sure it'll be seen.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Back on the market again, as a Job Seeker

Experience: Ten years managing Windows networks. Extensive AD/GPO skills, mid-level Exchange administrative experience. I also wrote almost all the customer-facing documentation for my previous position.

Looking for: Full-time/contract system administrator position.

Not looking for: Linux/webdev, helpdesk

Availability: Immediately

Contact info: PM, wizard_of_the_deep@outlook.com

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Wizard of the Deep posted:

Back on the market again, as a Job Seeker

Experience: Ten years managing Windows networks. Extensive AD/GPO skills, mid-level Exchange administrative experience. I also wrote almost all the customer-facing documentation for my previous position.

Looking for: Full-time/contract system administrator position.

Not looking for: Linux/webdev, helpdesk

Availability: Immediately

Contact info: PM, wizard_of_the_deep@outlook.com

Are you interested in or qualified for either of these?
https://careers-carbonite.icims.com/jobs/1471/systems-engineer/job
https://careers-carbonite.icims.com/jobs/1351/network-architect/job

The first looks more likely to suit you according to your little blurb up there.

Ishmael
May 31, 2006
Hiring

Who we are: A rapidly growing flash-based storage company

Available Jobs: We have all sorts of QE, development and test jobs available, but I am recruiting for support. We have 4 openings currently

Where we are: Based in Boulder Colorado.

Job Locations: Currently we have openings in Singapore and Boulder, Co with another opening for London, UK probably in the works.

What we're looking for: Exceptional senior tier 3 or tier 4 support engineers who are familiar with all the usual storage technologies (iSCSI, NFS, various filesystems, etc.) plus a strong Linux background. Knowledge of OpenStack is a huge plus. Hypervisor knowledge for ESX, Citrix(ugh), Hyper-V, and KVM all huge pluses.

We need folks willing to learn a new technology and work with a team (the usual).

What the job looks like: About 20-40% customer interaction and case work. The rest is a combination of self-directed project work, and interactions with our dev, sales, and test teams to ensure the product works like it should and customers are happy.

Why it's a great place to work: This is the best company I've ever worked for. The product is growing tremendously, the work is challenging, coworkers are supportive. We have tons of activities going on from softball teams to running groups. Also, parties/office events throughout the year.

Also, the benefits are great.

Negatives: We are past the start-up phase but still a newish company. Expect longer than a 40 hour work week. Also, we have an on call rotation. However, we do not have any off-hours shifts.

contact me at occupationaltoast@gmail.com with a resume if you're interested!

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I started a new job a few months ago and we are looking for some more Linux nerds. Located in NYC right on Wall street.

Who we are: A vendor that produces a multi-channel content generation tool for publishing companies, like newspapers, research banks, and book publishers. Sort of like a huge platform that combines functions like Office, Wordpress, Sharepoint, etc.

Available Jobs: Linux system admin and developers. I'm a sysadmin, and I pretty much spend all day assisting our customers setup our environments, writing bash scripts to help perform specific tasks for the systems and working with customers staff to setup their environments.

Where we are: NYC, Wall Street

Job Locations: NYC office, although we have an office in Milan Italy, which is also hiring, and Denver, Colorado, but I'm not sure about that one.

What we're looking for: We need linux administrators. Someone I can set in front of a terminal, can manage to tab-complete (seriously, if you don't tab complete don't put "Linux" on a resume), can decipher bash scripting, and in general has a decent knowledge of clustering technologies, SAN storage, and basic networking. While our company develops software, your primary job will be assisting the technology staff of other companies to support our software. It's not like help desk support, you won't deal with end users, but you will be a consultant for their tier 3 in house staff. Our customers have their own huge IT departments, and we are just the experts they bring in to assist when they can't figure it out. It's nice because at the end of the day, they have to do everything and we just get to guide them.

Also, they need java and web developers. I don't work on that side of the office, so I don't know specifically what they need, but I know they are looking.

Why it's a great place to work: Part of the job includes a free trip to Milan to train for a month or two, also they like to send you there a few times a year to HQ to mingle the main office. The culture is very European, and not NYC IT, so you aren't worked like a dog and then not appreciated. It's a small office in NYC, we have a lot of employees, but mainly we get assigned to a customer and they provide an office space for all of us there. The company has a good pipeline of work for the next few years, and they really encourage having a life in addition to working. They think that if you are killing yourself working it's a mistake. I really like it, it's not like a super hip start up, they've been around since the 90's and are very mature.

email a resume to ericcorp AT gmail DOT com if you are interested.

EscalatorThief
Jul 28, 2006
My Experience: 2 years customer and internal tech support for a software company. Supported environments running XenApp and XenDesktop, VMware View, vSphere, Hyper-V, and XenServer. Designed and managed an internal XenDesktop environment running on vSphere 5.1 on Cisco UCS for 300+ QA staff for past 1 1/2 years.

Been working the past 6 months with an architecture team to engineer the Citrix components for a new environment we will be hosting including the NetScaler pieces.

Mostly familiar with Windows Servers, including DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, AD, and Hyper-V. Also familiar with Citrix and VMware.

CCEE and CCP in virtualization from Citrix, CCA for NetScaler, 2/3rds of the way through an MCSA, trying for a VCP in a few months (completed the Stanly course back in May).

What I'm looking for: Sysadmin, infrastructure, technical support (not help desk), etc.

What I'm NOT looking for: Help desk

Where I live: Madison, WI

Where I'm looking: Portland, OR / Vancouver, WA region

When I can start: 4 weeks from offer

Requirements: Full time, some benefits at a minimum

Email: escalatorthief AT gmail dot com

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Watch this page for an upcoming job for most IT support for the Williamson County of TN Sheriff's Department in Franklin, TN.
http://williamsoncounty-tn.gov/index.aspx?NID=880

I don't know how much it will pay, however benefits are very good, http://williamsoncounty-tn.gov/index.aspx?NID=74.

Once they post the job I'll copy it here and add my own input on it if needed.

Edit: Turns out I'll be applying to this job too :). If I get it this may open up another position here: http://williamsoncounty-tn.gov/jobs.aspx

Yaos fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 26, 2014

To Vex a Stranger
Mar 15, 2004
Rawr!
My Experience: Tech support/lead, SCCM 2007/Citrix/App-V admin at a National Construction Company. Supported Windows XP to Windows 7 upgrades (not a migration, slowly upgraded) while ensuring SCCM was running smoothly and the environment was patched. Upgraded Citrix to 6.5. 2 years consulting experience, mainly doing Windows XP to Windows 7 Migrations involving SCCM 2007 - 2012 upgrades or new installations, designing of the Windows 7 image, GPOs, AD structure and SCCM Infrastructure. Led team members and design sessions to build out how the client wanted and led troubleshooting/UAT sessions.

I recently left a consulting firm because I felt they had no direction and I was getting stuck doing Win XP to 7 Migrations and I wanted somewhere new to do work. Unfortunately the company I have joined is nothing at all like I expected and I want to get out of here ASAP, mostly looking to get out of Consulting work and into a new, more stable position.

I have an MCSE in Desktop Infrastructure (as well as the other handful of certs you get while getting the MCSE) and a Master of Information Systems degree from DePaul University.

I'm familiar with Windows 7/Servers, Group Policy, Active Directory, SCCM, Packaging, and I can make my way around Citrix and Virtualization technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V and App-V though I haven't touched the administration side of those in a year or two and am rusty but willing to re-learn.

What I'm looking for: SCCM Admin/Infrastructure Team Lead/ something along those lines

What I'm NOT looking for: Help desk, dead end position, 12 hour days/Mon-Fri travel

Where I live: Chicago, IL

Where I'm looking: Chicago, IL

When I can start: 2 weeks from accepting the position

Requirements: Full time, decent benefits, decent salary

Email: zielinski.ryan AT gmail DOT com

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
Not standard SH/SC stuff, but it might interest someone with IT/programming background.

Remote working job openings for an IT Publisher

Acquisitions Editor
Will acquire quality books and authors in the field of computer science. The ideal applicant will have experience in a similar role and be looking to move to a leading publisher with greater responsibility and flexibility in their day-to-day role. Some experience with the computer technology would be a major asset.

The Acquisitions Editor needs analytical skills to be able to assess market need for individual book titles and is likely to have been educated to degree level in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths subject. They may also have a background in business, have launched a start-up business in the past, or worked in a product development role. They will need excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to be able to propose new book projects and secure funding from the publisher. Duties include:

Internet research and reading to stay on top of market developments
Contacting potential authors to discuss potential book projects
Mentoring potential authors in the preparation of book proposals and book plans
Market research in order to find data to back up proposals
Presentation and discussion of proposals with the publisher
Negotiation of contract terms, royalties and advance payments
Overseeing books through to publication
Day-to-day contact with other members of the team: editors, marketing, publisher, production
Active participation in launch and marketing of books
Helping development editors with issues concerning authors, content and schedule
Writing the marketing and back cover copy for new titles

Technical illustrators
Their job is to create diagrams and other illustrations for book sections that are important, difficult or monotonous (wall of text). Most of the books will be on software development, and diagrams will usually show processes or elements of a system. The technical illustrator should be able to digest the text and create a diagram with minimal guidance. Some knowledge of programming would go a long way.

PM or email ozha at manning dot com

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Nope

corgski fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Aug 7, 2020

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Hey, I have some openings in NYC for Java or C+ devs, it's nothing with controls like you mentioned, but it's a lot of automation development for research banks and web sites. Shoot me your resume and I can pass it along. I'm specifically looking for systems administration, but the other side of the office is looking for your skillset and i can pass it along.

ericcorp AT gmail DOT com

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
My Experience: I'm going to graduate next month with a degree in IT management (MIS in another word) and have a few certificates (Project+, CIW Web Foundations, working on MTA 98-366 and A+ for resume bingo). I ran a small repair shop out of my house for some pocket change and made house calls once in a while. I've gotten my fingers into a little bit of everything but I'd like some more direction and someone to slap my hands once in a while when I go down a stupid trail. I've also tried to learn some coding in my spare time over the past 6 months (C# mainly but dipped into Python, Javascript and Ruby) but unless the position is very entry level I am probably not qualified. I picked up a bit of scripting too along the way (Powershell mostly) but mostly barebones stuff to save time.

What I'm looking for: Entry level IT. Help desk, desktop support, coding, I'm open to learning something new and fast.

Where I live: St. Louis.

Where I'm looking: Seattle preferably, Portland OR would also be okay.

When I can start: Two weeks to move and get settled.

Requirements: Full time, probably will not have a car right away so anything where I need to use my own car for work is most likely a nonstarter.

Email: ryangriebel AT gmail DOT com or PM me.

Stanos fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jun 27, 2014

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Nope.

Sylink fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jan 11, 2015

TheJeffers
Jan 31, 2007

I'm looking for work.

Where I am: east central Indiana

What I can do: A little bit of everything. I've been doing phone support on and off since 2007, most notably for a large software company with a nationwide clientele. We handled all of the company's proprietary applications, CentOS and Windows servers, printers, desktop PCs, scanners, you name it. I've also done on-site support for an SMB IT services company. Until I graduated, I supervised the computer lab support staff at my university and worked with the system administrators responsible for the labs to fix things that broke.

I have working knowledge of HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and PHP. I've also used C++, C#, Java, Python, and SQL to get things done, though mostly in a classroom environment. I can also do business-analysty things in Excel.

I recently made a foray into tech journalism, where I published two news posts per day on a well-known tech site.

No certifications.

Education level: Bachelor of Business Administration in Information Systems

What I'm looking for: I'm open to almost anything. Entry-level software or web development would be great. I enjoy writing about tech, I work well with editors, and I can conform to house style. If you look at my jack-of-all-trades skill set and see a fit, talk to me.

What I'm not looking for: Entry-level help desk. Drudgery.

Contact info: PM me here or email jkampman / icloud.com

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

thelightguy posted:

Where I'm looking:New Hampshire

Seems like as good a time as any to post that my company, an MSP in New Hampshire, has two openings:

WEB DEVELOPER/PHP DEVELOPER - ARCHITECT

quote:

* Being a senior developer on our team, working with the team on a variety of projects, including niche web applications and complex custom websites.

* Assisting in fundamental architecture design for current and future development on the Proteus content management framework – a cutting-edge platform we have developed in-house that fuels our development initiatives and has a strong growth plan as a platform.

* Consulting with clients and solving innovative business challenges.

* Serving as an authority in all aspects of design and application development.

* Providing consultation to the team on complex projects as a top-level contributor/specialist. Mentoring others and being a technical resource.

There's a list of experience required (5+ years) but that might be negotiable (as it is in most places).

AUTOMATION ARCHITECT

quote:

* Designing, testing, and implementing comprehensive automation solutions for simple and complex scenarios.

* Reviewing service ticket information to look for potential places to add automation, or train on it.

* Documenting the solutions you create.

* Consulting on any potential new tools to be added to our service delivery teams.

* Serving as a champion for automation.

* Training IT staff when necessary.

* Spending a few dedicated hours each week on reactive tickets.

You can PM me or email me at xalpha - gmail for more info and where to send a resume.

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive
My Experience: I have three years experience working at a TV production company in the DC area, the last year being a manager. It's a predominantly OS X environment so I've got experience with 10.5 through 10.9 as well as OS X Server running Open Directory, DNS, AFP, FTP, VPN and a few other services I've played with. I know my way around the command line and can utilize it without damaging the system. We also utilize Apple Remote Desktop 3 heavily. Also administered two Apple Xsan environments (totaling around 400 TBs) which included working with Promise vTrak RAIDs and qLogic Fiber Switches. On the Apple hardware side I support Mac Pros, iMacs, MacBook Pros (13 inch, 15 inch ranging from 2006 to current plus Retina), MacBook Airs, iPhones, iPads, some legacy XServes. Implemented a custom image and deployment scheme. Some experience with Active Directory and Windows File Services as well as GPOs, Windows XP through 8 troubleshooting as our Accounting team runs on PCs.

We have an Avaya IP Office in house. Server edition V9 with 9611G and 9641G phones. I know the basics of IPO admin such as user and extension creation and some basic troubleshooting so I can escalate if necessary. Our old office had HP 4204vl and 2510-G 48/24 Switches and our current office has a Cisco 6506-E core switch, 6800ia edge switches and an Aironet deployment. I have a solid understanding of basic networking and troubleshooting and am working on my CCNA to further expand my knowledge as I am very interested in the field. We're a Google Apps Enterprise house and I have been administering and troubleshooting it since the beginning of my tenure. Since I work at a TV production company I have experience with Final Cut Studio 3 (Final Cut Pro 7, Compressor, etc) use and troubleshooting as well as Avid Media Composer. Currently we run an Avid ISIS (their SAN solution). I have a background in video production as well.

If I don't know something already I always do my best to get it figured out in a timely manner. Since I've effectively been running a one man (now two) IT department for a little over two years now I feel that I fit into the "jack of all trades" category.

Certifications: Avid Certified Support Representative (ACSR) Storage and ACSR Editing. Education: Bachelor of Science, Communications Media

What I'm looking for: I am looking for an opportunity in the network administration/engineering field. Such as a junior administrator position or a Tier-2/3 desktop support with Networking emphasis. OS X environment would be preferred but not necessary.

What I'm not looking for: Helpdesk, Phone Support

Where I am: Montgomery County Maryland. DC Metro Area

Where I'm looking: DC Metro Area. Baltimore would be doable.

When I can start: Late September/Early October

Requirements: Full time, benefits (401K would be great) and comparable salary.

pr0digal fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jul 8, 2014

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?
It must be so boring.
Hey all. Looking for a WordPress/web dev gig in Lexington or Cincy area. Can relocate and provide several Fortune 500 project references. DM or email: pipebomb@gmail.com (don't worry, I'll reply from a business address!).

Erotic Crab
Oct 16, 2004

*BBRRRR* It's cold in here!
New developer positioned opened at startup I co-founded (I'm the CTO):

Interface Foundry
http://interfacefoundry.com

Back-End Engineer - Node.js & Mongo

Tasks
Develop our platform's back-end automated systems for API consolidation, widget deployment, and communication with 3rd party connected devices. Also, all levels of security and database optimization.

• Knowledge of: Node.js, MongoDB, Express.js
• Nice to have: Angular.js, Hadoop, Elasticsearch

Benefits
• All early employees get both stock options and vesting interest when they join full time, along with health insurance.
• Office located in downtown SoHo, Manhattan, near lots of great food in Chinatown.

//======//

If you’re interested, send us a note: hello@interfacefoundry.com

//======//

About Us

Interface Foundry's mission is to index the physical world, allowing people to move seamlessly from one area or timeframe to another, interacting with their environment where information (apps, widgets, connected devices, data cards, localized maps) is absorbed into personal devices securely.

Our platform lets you browse & build databubble micro-worlds -- data pinned to a specific location or time, consolidating apps and other widgets into a single context-aware interface.

We just closed our first round of seed/angel financing, raised over 100K and looking to grow and scale quickly. We have over 20,000 users, deployed worldwide everywhere from Berlin to Barcelona, Detroit to Oakland and NYC.

Our platform is open source and open API. We believe strongly in transparency and accountability, and have benefit-corporation status.

//============//

We strongly encourage applications from candidates who are people of color, women, persons with disabilities or LGBTQ*.
Interface Foundry PBC is an equal opportunity employer.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Erotic Crab posted:

New developer positioned opened at startup I co-founded (I'm the CTO):

Interface Foundry
http://interfacefoundry.com

Back-End Engineer - Node.js & Mongo

Tasks
Develop our platform's back-end automated systems for API consolidation, widget deployment, and communication with 3rd party connected devices. Also, all levels of security and database optimization.

• Knowledge of: Node.js, MongoDB, Express.js
• Nice to have: Angular.js, Hadoop, Elasticsearch

Benefits
• All early employees get both stock options and vesting interest when they join full time, along with health insurance.
• Office located in downtown SoHo, Manhattan, near lots of great food in Chinatown.

//======//

If you’re interested, send us a note: hello@interfacefoundry.com

//======//

About Us

Interface Foundry's mission is to index the physical world, allowing people to move seamlessly from one area or timeframe to another, interacting with their environment where information (apps, widgets, connected devices, data cards, localized maps) is absorbed into personal devices securely.

Our platform lets you browse & build databubble micro-worlds -- data pinned to a specific location or time, consolidating apps and other widgets into a single context-aware interface.

We just closed our first round of seed/angel financing, raised over 100K and looking to grow and scale quickly. We have over 20,000 users, deployed worldwide everywhere from Berlin to Barcelona, Detroit to Oakland and NYC.

Our platform is open source and open API. We believe strongly in transparency and accountability, and have benefit-corporation status.

//============//

We strongly encourage applications from candidates who are people of color, women, persons with disabilities or LGBTQ*.
Interface Foundry PBC is an equal opportunity employer.

I'm interested but it's late. I'll send you an email tomorrow.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
New entry level position has opened up where I'll stop working in two days. I'll be sitting in on the interviews though.

Where
Franklin, TN

Place of Employment
Williamson County Government

Description
The Williamson County Government Information Technology Department is accepting applications for a full-time IT Support Specialist. Key responsibilities will perform technical work involving the installation and maintenance of computer hardware, software and related components for the Williamson County Government. Under the supervision of senior IT Staff, this person responds to a variety of user issues and problems and must be able to respond after hours or on weekends as needed. Certifications such as A Plus, Security Plus, Network Plus and pertinent Microsoft certifications are also preferred. Candidates should provide references attesting to his/her dependability, integrity and level of expertise. http://williamsoncounty-tn.gov/Jobs.aspx?UniqueId=75&From=All&CommunityJobs=False&JobID=IT-Support-Specialist-267 . Apply online at https://tn-williamsoncounty3.civicplus.com/publiclogin.aspx?dn=williamsoncounty-tn.gov&txtRedirect=application.aspx&HR_Page=login

Tasks
General desktop support, deploying computers, documenting stuff in DocuWiki/ticket client/inventory, Active Directory user administration, ShoreTel and FaxFinder user administration. There is travel to remote sites but it is never after hours and a county vehicle is provided; all remote sites are within the county. Even though the description says you may have after hours or weekend work this will very rarely, if ever, happen.

Technologies we use, none of this is required
Windows, ShoreTel, FaxFinder, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, Active Directory, Group Policy, Novell eDirectory (we're in the process of dumping this so don't worry about it), Novell Groupwise (not dumping this), Hyper-V, VMWare, eventually SCCM, various flavors of Linux.

Benefits
http://williamsoncounty-tn.gov/index.aspx?nid=74
No premium medical
No premium dental
$30,000 life insurance policy
Free pass to all county rec centers

Who we are
Williamson County Government runs county government operations. IT on our side is separated between 2 groups, you'll be working with the main group at the Administrative Office Complex. The Sheriff's Office and the schools have their own IT.

Inteview
Our interviews are generally you vs. the rest of the department so be ready.

Yaos fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jul 10, 2014

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

I was looking for a job!

digitalist fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Mar 6, 2022

HottiePippen
Nov 5, 2013

Who are we?
A startup that writes tax software for hedge funds and financial service providers.

Where are we?
Midtown Manhattan, NYC

What are we looking for?
A senior java developer. You'll be working on our tax calculation engine, so a knowledge of algorithms and design of scalable applications is required. Finance knowledge is a plus but not required, and you don't need any knowledge of the tax code (although if you're a good java developer who has tax code experience we'll probably hire you on the spot). Ability to move to New York is preferable, but for a sufficiently qualified candidate we'd consider a remote position.

How do I apply?
Send me an email at jkohli at g2ft.com

Anything else?
We're a profitable company with no outside investors, so this isn't a "work for below your value" type startup, it's a "work with a small team and be involved in a lot of different areas of the business" type startup. Pay is above area average.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
I desperately need out of my job.

My Experience: A decade of PHP/MySQL development, a few more years beyond that of ColdFusion/Access development. (My CF knowledge is really stunted, though, I haven't used it since 2003) Five years of jQuery/AJAX development. I also have a working knowledge of Linux administration, but not enough (without being tested) to say I can be an administrator.

What I'm looking for: Anything. Preferably full time PHP developer or MySQL DBA. My real passion seems to be database design and optimization.

Where I live: Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Where I'm looking: Anywhere for telecommute, otherwise Eastern Iowa, mainly. Most of my work experience has been telecommute, and obviously there's not too much to do in Iowa, but I'm of course willing to move for the right job. It's not like I have roots here. I'm willing to travel.

When I can start: Two weeks notice for full time, immediately for part time telecommute.

Can be reached via: aleonard1 at gmail or PM.

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

My experience: 1 year Jr Systems Admin work. About 30/70 desktop support and Windows Server (2003-2012 R2) environment running on a mix of physical hardware and 2x 8 host VMWare clusters. Two physical locations, corporate office and colo at a service provider. In-house SaaS app services 250,000 unique customers, about 20m logins per day, and we allegedly have about 15 million jpgs across our backend. Most of our users are surprisingly literate which frees me up to work on interesting things. Current CCNA (and A+), plenty of layer 1-3 networking knowledge and device configuration. Lots of Powershell, some Perl and some Ruby. Wrote a few scripts to test our web-app automatically, search log files, etc.

Swiss-cheese knowledge about various technologies:
Some experience with Zeus traffic manager, created a few vips, troubleshoot pool issues, etc. This thing is super cool and is basically magic.
Couple of Linux servers, studying for RHCSA at the moment, but have never had to troubleshoot apache issues or anything.
Junior level administration tasks with VMWare environment: Deploying, templates, vMotion, DRS, etc.
Work with a NetApp SAN: Wrote a few scripts to check various health statuses and e-mail us, troubleshoot snapmirror replication issues, etc. Mostly I just ask questions about it.

It seems like all of the non-windows things in our environment just kind of Work and don't need to be babysat constantly, which limits the exposure I get to them. Most of my job is coordinating DNS entries, load balancer configurations, access rights, and configurations for MSSQL, IIS, and various in-house applications built on legacy software with no documentation and questionable development practices. It's kind of a headache, but it's a fun headache when it all starts to work.

What I'm looking for: Junior level Systems or Network, the more linux I get to touch, the better. I'm alright with any level of desktop support, as long as the expectation is there that I will script as much of it as possible and constantly bug the seniors to teach me about whatever they're doing. No call center, no 'help desk', and for the love of god please no Microsoft System Center.
Where I'm looking: Anywhere that isn't California, NYC, or any other place where I need to spend 1500+ per month on a 500sqft studio. California or NYC is fine if I can make enough to spend 1500 per month on a 500sqft studio.
Where I live: Suburb of Los Angeles, but willing to relocate anywhere on my own dime.
When I can start: I would need to provide two weeks notice, and then 0-2 weeks depending on how far I have to drive.
What are my requirements: I need to pay rent and eat food, that's it. Willing to make sacrifices for positions I am particularly interested in. Benefits optional, relocation assistance would be nice but also optional.
Can be reached via: E-mail. stmarier at gmail dot com.

12 rats tied together fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jul 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellethead
Aug 12, 2013
Who are we?
ulive, a digital media company owned by Scripps Networks. SNI is the same company that owns the Food Network, the Cooking Channel, DIY, etc.

Where are we?
We have several locations but this job is specifically in San Francisco, CA. We're open to remote workers if you're interesting enough.

What are we looking for?
Someone who knows analytics and how to grind them out using Hadoop. We don't want a backend engineer that specializes in incoming data, I already have a team that does that. You should be able to use Hadoop and a myriad of other reporting tools to generate insights from the data we already are ingesting. You should have a developer's mindset to analytics, because if you don't you won't fit in with how we do things. Know Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc and don't be afraid to write your own workflows (HUE commandos who have no interest in learning how the commandline works need not apply). Knowing ruby, python and/or R and not being afraid of Git will help immensely. I can provide a detailed job description if you ask me for it. Bonus points if you know storm as well, although that's not required. We currently have two openings.

How do I apply?
Send me an email at gfoster at ulive.com

Anything else?
We are a hybrid. We have huge corporate backing (seriously, SNI has something like an $11 billion market cap last time I checked) but ulive is run with a lot of startup principles. We do agile, continuous deployment and all the other cool buzzwords. You won't get options but we are incredibly stable, pay competitively and have a bonus plan. If you can appreciate the stability of the corporate backing alongside the more relaxed atmosphere of a startup you should email me.

Pellethead fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 11, 2014