Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
At no point in history could human beings not be considered violent psychopaths. Even today. After all, the leader of our enlightened nation, Obama, is spying on the people he swore to serve, fighting multiple shadow wars in the middle east and funding violent drug cartels on his own borders. By whose standards is that not the behavior of a violent psychopath?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Some of these new summer shows could probably use threads to get some exposure. Like I didn't know about Last Ship until a coworker told me about it at lunch. Anyone wanting to step up and do some would be great.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Who watches TV in the summer? Go out and get some sun you nerds

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Cardboard Box A posted:

So tonight's episode of NBC's "Taxi Brooklyn" looks and sounds and feels like one of those fake NBC parody shows from the Community Finale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13HbQbTM1F0

I thought you must be overselling it, but no, that really does look like TV cancer.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Wilfred comes back tonight if anyone wants to setup a final season thread.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

lelandjs posted:

Yeah, gently caress that Game of Thrones show, guys.

Wait, your message is muddled. Are you pro-misogyny or pro-terrorism?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rarity posted:

Who watches TV in the summer? Go out and get some sun you nerds

You're english, like you've ever seen the sun. :colbert:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

GreenNight posted:

Wilfred comes back tonight if anyone wants to setup a final season thread.

Last night, actually.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Bown posted:

Last night, actually.

WELP. Two episodes too.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The sun is bad for your skin

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

GreenNight posted:

WELP. Two episodes too.

Yep! About to check them out. Wilfred is a neat show but I'm glad it's ending. It's not quite good enough that I can be satisfied just with the comedy side, without wanting the main mystery developed/to find out who or what Wilfred actually is, so hopefully they wrap it up properly.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Early reviews for the Leftovers lookin' good.

HIlarious Lindeof/Lost related jokes to follow...

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

zoux posted:

Early reviews for the Leftovers lookin' good.

HIlarious Lindeof/Lost related jokes to follow...

Well, I just put up a thread, so you can all go ahead and poo poo that up with how mad LOST and Prometheus made you and how terrible this is going to turn out to be because The Rapture is stupid or whatever.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

DivisionPost posted:

Well, I just put up a thread, so you can all go ahead and poo poo that up with how mad LOST and Prometheus made you and how terrible this is going to turn out to be because The Rapture is stupid or whatever.
So I'm curious just exactly how many people watching will try to figure out how the Rapture works in the show?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm excited about it mostly because there's nothing else to watch right now. Don't like Tyrant, Last Ship, Dominion, or Penny Dreadful.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I saw Almost Royal and I found it stupidly hilarious. Could not stop laughing. These actors are great at holding character and are pretty good at improv.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is it actually the Rapture in the show, or is that just (presumably) what some in universe characters think?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Is it actually the Rapture in the show, or is that just (presumably) what some in universe characters think?

I imagine that will be the Big Mystery.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
My dad read the book and said that (this is vaguely spoilerish) the Religious Right is likely to be very pissed off at how they resolve the "rapture". Assuming they stick to what the book did, of course.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

zoux posted:

I imagine that will be the Big Mystery.
So one of the characters is a rapture scientist

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Couldnt figure out where to ask so i am putting it here. Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place or a stupid question but i am just curious why there is no True Blood thread (that I can find)?

Not saying it deserves a thread but shittier shows have threads so i am hoping for a juicy TVIV backstory or something i guess.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

thathonkey posted:

Couldnt figure out where to ask so i am putting it here. Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place or a stupid question but i am just curious why there is no True Blood thread (that I can find)?

Not saying it deserves a thread but shittier shows have threads so i am hoping for a juicy TVIV backstory or something i guess.

The backstory is that it's currently likes six threads down from this one and hiding in plain sight.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deadpool posted:

The backstory is that it's currently likes six threads down from this one and hiding in plain sight.

That thread author :swoon:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Deadpool posted:

Oh dammit :effort:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deadpool why are you still a mod? I wanna talk about comics in the Arrow thread :twisted:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The new Korra thread hasn't been posted, so he can't quit yet.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

MrAristocrates posted:

The new Korra thread hasn't been posted, so he can't quit yet.

He could always press Annakie into a blood oath to do it for him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

I believe the producers have said that they're not really that interested in how it happened but in how the characters react to it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That'll go over well on the internet.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

I believe the producers have said that they're not really that interested in how it happened but in how the characters react to it.

That's exactly right. They already said to not dwell on the mystery because they have no plans to offer any explanations for it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

hcreight posted:

My dad read the book and said that (this is vaguely spoilerish) the Religious Right is likely to be very pissed off at how they resolve the "rapture". Assuming they stick to what the book did, of course.

Hot Bible Spoilers ----> There is no Rapture in the Bible so they should just be cool with whatever. Oh wait, no that's not going to happen.

zoux posted:

Deadpool why are you still a mod? I wanna talk about comics in the Arrow thread :twisted:

It's cute that you think that rule dies with me.

muscles like this? posted:

In other words DO NOT OPEN THREAD.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think I'll be fine with it, I just finished reading Dhalgren and if I can get through that without getting frustrated about no answers nothing is going to do it.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

zoux posted:

That'll go over well on the internet.

At least "how do you find space to feel your specific grief when the whole world is filled with tragedy" is a more relatable emotional problem for something character-driven than "how do you handle being trapped on a magical island with a smoke monster." Hopefully The Leftovers just leaves the disappearances as the one magical element and moves on from there instead of wasting time continuously introducing new ones.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Deadpool posted:

In other words DO NOT OPEN THREAD.

Wrong, it's going to be the absolutely best thread due to the tears of non answers.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's great that they admit up front that there won't be an explanation and not string viewers along. And since it's on HBO there won't be any episodes about tattoos.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Hot Bible Spoilers ----> There is no Rapture in the Bible so they should just be cool with whatever. Oh wait, no that's not going to happen.

1 Thessalonians Chapter 4
13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

1 Thessalonians Chapter 4
13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

Yeah, that's not the Rapture as people have been taught to think of it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That's how I was taught to think about it :confused:

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

GreenNight posted:

Wrong, it's going to be the absolutely best thread due to the tears of non answers.
Not if the True Detective thread has anything to say about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not explaining it is basically confirmation that it was the Rapture.

Deadpool posted:

It's cute that you think that rule dies with me.

Ah, but the other two don't watch the show so they cannot truly know what is and is not comic book talk.

• Locked thread